Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Naha1
Msg: 161
Single Dad w/Special Needs Child - Down SyndromePage 8 of 8    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)
I think every parent should put their children first!! That's how I raised my past daughter. You really just don't know how blessed you are to have your children. When their gone it really sucks

Deb
 freed07
Msg: 162
Single Dad w/Special Needs Child - Down Syndrome
Posted: 7/27/2016 3:29:24 PM
I know this is an old post...I have a daughter w/ Down syndrome, she is 16 now.
I recently dated a man who has custody of 4 kids, 7 through 19. His 8 yr old is DS. I was excited, surely we would have things in common. We had 4 once a week dates before I met his children. By date 6, it was apparent; he was using his PCA time to drink, then came home intoxicated to cook and give kids 2 hours of quality time.
It is not difficult at all for me to accept it. I just hope to find someone who understands.
 freed07
Msg: 163
Posted: 7/27/2016 3:30:00 PM
Loved your post!
 volleychic52000
Msg: 164
view profile
History
Posted: 8/26/2016 10:21:32 AM
I believe that the woman ending the relationship because of that is shallow. if you have a real connection it should not matter about your child.... Obviously you have not found the right lady.
 tnmama16
Msg: 165
Posted: 8/26/2016 8:16:00 PM
i understand all too well i have a special needs child and it is definitely tough to find someone who can understand
Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  >