Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 obflorida
Msg: 99
What kind of man turns his back on his child?Page 4 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
Find him and sue him for child support, then he is more likely to be in the childs life. Even though YOU may not want him in your life the child needs to know its Dad. I would make him pay because he participated in the sex act without protection and should be held responsible at least financiallly if not as a father.
 AmandaNicole23
Msg: 100
What kind of man turns his back on his child?
Posted: 3/6/2010 11:05:11 PM
I understand your questions more than you may know, I was in the same situation 2 years ago. I have had health issues in the past and doctors have told me not to be surprised if I am never able to concieve, I met a guy and I thought I was in love, I ended up pregnant after the first time we ever had sex. When I told him I was pregnant he knew I wasnt going to give it up so he simply asked when he could sign over his rights. My daughter was born and she is truly an angel and my everything. He has seen her only once and that was because I had to go to court and I didnt have a sitter to watch her. He refuses to talk to me and to see her, he pays child support only because the state makes him, and now he is getting married and his fiance knows nothing about my daughter, he dosent heve acknowledge that she exists. I know what you are going through is hard believe me, I know better than most but the thing is, when you have your child you will begin to make plans for your life and all the things you want to do and when you stop and think about it the only people in the picture are you and your son. Men can be cruel and selfish, and most of the time they really dont care. I know you are worried about your son feeling unwanted by his father, my daughter is 16 months old now and I worry about that same thing all the time and eventually the question will come up but the trick is to let your son know how much you love him and just because his father was selfish and irresponsible has no bearing on your sons self worth, and when the time comes you can let him ask his father those questions thats what I intend to do. You have to look at it this way, you got the best part of him and he can never change that, here soon you are going to have a little piece of total perfection in your arms and when you do you will realize that it was all worth it and all the other will seem so mundane. I cant tell you to forget about him because that isnt going to happen, I think about him everyday, but what I do when it happens is think, does my child really NEED him? The answer will come easily, no. Being a single parent is hard, harder than most people know, its an everyday struggle, but at the end of the day there is nothing in the world that is better. So here is my final advice to you, get as much rest as possible while you are still pregnant lol, and once that sweet angel comes into this world you spoil him every chance you get, and always let him know he was wanted and is infinitly loved. And dont worry so much about the other, karma is a bigger **** than you will ever be and he will get his in the end, I promise you that.
 AmandaNicole23
Msg: 101
Posted: 3/6/2010 11:07:52 PM
Just because a man is paying child support is not going to make him want to be a parent, if he dosent want to be a parent then he is not going to be. And another thing dont tell people that a child NEEDS their father because they dont, most of the time these men will cause more harm than good to these children. If you arent a single parent and have not lived the expierience then you dont need to be giving advice on the subject.
 mrcs84
Msg: 102
view profile
History
Posted: 3/7/2010 12:33:42 AM

If you aren't a single parent and have not lived the experience then you don't need to be giving advice on the subject.

Oh the age old and tired "if you haven't experienced it, then you can't have any input." Seriously?
I've never put my hand in a blender before. I'm sure it feels fantastic.
 My I
Msg: 104
Posted: 3/7/2010 4:37:53 AM

If you arent a single parent and have not lived the expierience then you dont need to be giving advice on the subject

^^^ When people reason as you do, it really makes me wonder if all your ducks are in a row - if you know what I mean.
Seriously. You're a female yet, you claim to know what most males are like:

Men can be cruel and selfish, and most of the time they really dont care

Yuo are too young to begin thinking like that. MOST men are responsible parents. Unfortunately, when you're single and you get pregnant the very first time you have sex, the odds of the guy behaving properly are not that good. As I said, MOST men are responsible fathers.
It appears as though you and your ex were both irresponsible. You shouldn't have unprotected sex just because a doctor says you won't get pregnant - there are other concerns you're obviously ignoring. As a consequence, you're a single mom and he's a paying father.... put blame where it belongs.

just because his father was selfish and irresponsible has no bearing on your sons self worth

The father was just as irresponsible as you were...... you shouldn't be taking the position you are because time will reveal all. Your child will eventually learn the truth about you and the father. *sigh*
Maybe focus on raising a healthy minded child and stop talking about one adult being less responsible than the other - because you're wrong. God forbid you do the same thing over again with another person.

does my child really NEED him? The answer will come easily, no

Then why are you posting such grief? Get on with your life and stop focussing on things your child DOES NOT NEED.

karma is a bigger **** than you will ever be and he will get his in the end, I promise you that.

You seem to think karma is gender bias.
Keep preaching hate against the father - all you're doing is diminishing any hope of the father having a change of heart somewhere down the road. If your child seeks out his dad in the future and learns you created barriers (hate, anger) karma may pay you a visit - I can speak first hand about an angry mom (my ex) who eventually lost all her children to the father (me). She too, spoke exactly like you did and developed the attitude you display.

As I stated before, some women create the problems of father abandonment when they become angry and bitter with someone (biological father) who isn't in love with them and never was in love with them. It seems some of these female sex partners feel there was more to the relationship than sex - and there never was. Approach the father as if he's a partner in parenting as opposed to being the sperm donor.... ya never know what could happen eventually.
 AmandaNicole23
Msg: 106
Posted: 3/7/2010 11:05:14 AM
[ You shouldn't have unprotected sex just because a doctor says you won't get pregnant - there are other concerns you're obviously ignoring. As a consequence, you're a single mom and he's a paying father.... put blame where it belongs.]
Ohhh yes you must be such a authority on the subject, I am taking responsibility for my child, I have taken care of her since the day she was born and just because a man pays a little bit for child support every month hardly means that he is taking responsibility for said child.

[You seem to think karma is gender bias.
Keep preaching hate against the father - all you're doing is diminishing any hope of the father having a change of heart somewhere down the road. If your child seeks out his dad in the future and learns you created barriers (hate, anger) karma may pay you a visit - I can speak first hand about an angry mom (my ex) who eventually lost all her children to the father (me). She too, spoke exactly like you did and developed the attitude you display.]
[As I stated before, some women create the problems of father abandonment when they become angry and bitter with someone (biological father) who isn't in love with them and never was in love with them. It seems some of these female sex partners feel there was more to the relationship than sex - and there never was. Approach the father as if he's a partner in parenting as opposed to being the sperm donor.... ya never know what could happen eventually.]

I have never tried to keep my daughters father from seeing her, I have always been civil when speaking to him, and on more than one occasion I have all but begged him to come and see her. I am not creating abandonment I am not one of those women who wont let a man see their child because they man isnt in love with me, I know he isnt and he never will be, and thats fine with me. I have the attitude that I should have and I have NEVER and will NEVER create barriers to where he cannot see her, there are visitation orders that I requested saying that he can see her and he has never taken advantage of those to actually try to see her. I agree that most men are good parents but there is also an extremely large group of men that are not, and it is not the womans fault in the majority of those situations. I would love for my daughters father to come and see her but the fact of the matter is it will most likely never happen.

I wrote what I wrote to help a person who seems to be going through exactly what I am going through. You need to stop and think that there are men out there that are not like you, men that when they found out the woman was pregnant did indeed run, men that do not want anything to do with their child not because of the mother but because of his own selfishness. You need to realize these things, I did not want my daughter to grown up not knowing her father but that is out of my hands and I cannot do anything about it.
 AmandaNicole23
Msg: 107
Posted: 3/7/2010 11:25:22 AM
And another thing why is it when a woman gets pregnant unexpectedly she is trying to trap the man? It is possible to get pregnant while you are using protection, it happens all the time. I was on birth control when I got pregnant, contrary to some beliefs you can get pregnant when you are on the pill especially when you are taking certain antibiotics for a respiratory infection. I have the utmost respect for all single parents and that is not limited to the women, I have a good friend that is a man and has been raising his son alone for the past 7 years, his sons mother sees him maybe once a year. The fact of the matter is the number of single parents is growing significantly and since a pregnant woman cant easily run away from their child the majority of single parents are women raising their children alone. When I got pregnant I knew he was not in love with me and I never thought I can get pregnant and he will love me... I agree some women do that, I know a few who the man wants to see their kids but the woman wont let it happen because they arent together. The only thing I know to tell my child is that her father had no idea how beautiful and wonderful she was going to be and didnt want to be a father. I have no intentions on bashing her father to her becuase it is my opinion that she will make her own decisions about what kind of man he is and she dosent need my help.
 AmandaNicole23
Msg: 108
Posted: 3/7/2010 1:51:06 PM
[quote My response to your question:
This type man can be likened to the same kind of woman who would drive a wedge between a responsible father and his children just because she can and she needs to power trip. There seems to be many from both genders who could care less about the children to spite the other parent./quote]

And you are talking about me being biased, the truth of the matter is yes, there are many men out there raising a child on there own; however, there are a great many more women raising children alone because the men would rather be doing something else and could care less. Nobody really knows what you are going through just like you really dont know what everyone else is going through so you need to stop putting all the blame on everyone else because like you told me maybe one day your children will start to think and will realize that both of you are to blame, isnt that what you said to me? Kinda works both ways dont it?
 ohwhynot46
Msg: 109
view profile
History
Posted: 3/7/2010 6:34:09 PM

Somebody who approves abortion has no right to complain when a man abandons a mother and a child. After all, paraphrasing some feminist mantra: "HIS body, HIS choice".

Forgive me, but as a stand alone argument, the above simply doesn't work. Your effort to redirect the discussion may well result in vehement discussion about the lack of control men have once a woman becomes pregnant, but the argument doesn't work. Just because you see a potential birth as a human being, many disagree. It is not at all unlikely that proponents of abortion do not see a fetus as a baby. We don't have to agree, but it does make your argument invalid. Abortion is a personal issue, and one who chooses to abort is shirking a responsibility to some, but not to others. The legal system has decided that a fetus is not a baby (at least not until a definite period of time has passed), thus abortion is legal. Once a baby is born, there is a legal responsibility on both parents to care for the child. As for your "HIS BODY....", what about his body? Is asking asking for control over his body? Is HE able to give birth? Merely inflammatory, your statement makes no sense whatever.
 Ldy4MrRgt
Msg: 110
Posted: 3/7/2010 7:16:51 PM
In answer to the original question, NO "MAN".. he's a selfish **stard! And even IF he had anything to do with you or his kid, he probably is fully unequipped to be a good dad. It takes a LOT more to FATHER a child than donating sperm.

Listen, sweety, I had seven kids by four different dads! They all walked out and didn't take responsibility for their kids! Among them: I have beautiful 11 yr old twin daughters now. I saw their bio dad only one time. Afterwards, he denied it, saying he used the "withdrawal method".. MORON! He still tells others he has no kids. He's the one missing out, believe me! My girls are the move beautiful, awesome, talented kids on the face of the earth and not a day goes by I don't give thanks to God for bringing them into my life!

You concentrate on your baby! Be thankful for what you've got and forget the rest! Keep peace within your spirit by focusing on the baby and helping it grow to be the person you can be proud of. And let the rest of it go! It's the only way you will survive without bringing bitterness and heartache to your child. My children thank me every day and tell me I'm the "best mom ever"! They never ask me why they didn't have a dad or what happened to him. So, see, it all depends upon your attitude.

Believe me, I know it's not easy! I was there and I survived with God's help. You can too! Know I'm thinking about you and praying for you too. Come back here and post so I know you're doin ok. Take good care.

Much love,
R--
 Ldy4MrRgt
Msg: 111
Posted: 3/7/2010 7:24:37 PM
Agree Amanda! NO form of birth control is 100% effective, except abstinance!

I learned the hard way that it's healthier, safer and better for my spiritual walk to "JUST SAY NO" to sex! Be careful ladies! You know a**holes who will say ANYTHING they think you want to hear just to get in your pants!

How many know how effective having sex with just a condom alone from preventing pregnancy? Do your homework people! Take care of yourself!

I learned the hard way and raising SEVEN kids alone is NO FUN! Yeah, you guys who want to criticize me: I DO know how to not make it happen. And thank God I also know now how to spot a user a mile away!
 Ldy4MrRgt
Msg: 112
Posted: 3/7/2010 7:34:43 PM
The kind of man who wants to screw around and never take responsibility for the natural consequence of his actions!

With good reason, to avoid obvious heartache, God gave us a rule for good living in that we should not have sex without an honorable commitment between two people. For this reason, as there are men like this who would rather play, and children ultimately are the innocent victims of these bad choices.

When you have sex, you are spiritally BOUND to that individual: "opting out" and walking away is NOT an option, as you will face a final judgement for your decisions.
 thatusernameistaken
Msg: 113
Posted: 3/7/2010 7:58:31 PM
So much hypocrisy, so little time.
 Ldy4MrRgt
Msg: 114
Posted: 3/7/2010 8:00:43 PM

Not every guy wants to be a father. I have a friend that has a genetic disease. He has no desire to be a father. You don't know him. You don't know why he doesn't want to be a dad.

Why is this ok to say AFTER doing the do??? IF you really don't want to be a father, then don't pressure women you barely know into having sex with you! It's all well and good to attempt an excuse for the guy who walks away that he just didn't want to be a dad. If you don't want it, don't do it! If you have to do it, make a commitment to yourself to use as much protection as you can, with the understanding that NOTHING is 100% effective and you may have to face the consequences of fatherhood! Simple.

I have seen enough episodes of daytime court TV shows to see that most people will do anything than admit their own responsibility in their circumstances!

"I am not a crook"
 Ldy4MrRgt
Msg: 115
Posted: 3/7/2010 8:11:06 PM

Maybe I should take 60% control of her body since she's only claiming 50% and insist we only do anal or oral... or both. But certainly not vaginal sex because she's not that responsible as owner of her body.

HUH? This statement sounds SO misogynisitic! uh oh, too big a word for ya?
(ie WOMAN HATER, or more to the point, woman disrespector)
Since when do YOU get to "control" a woman's body? And WHY must you have sex at all?

How about spending a bit of quality time getting to know the person, and some quality, intimate conversation. Deciding mutually, after MUCH talking and thought and maybe even prayer, that you BOTH want to be intimate with one another and you have discussed the potential consequences of this decision and agreed how you will be committed in the event you make a child together? And rather than "insist" that any sex takes place... anal, oral or otherwise, you respect her enough to agree that not doing it is the best option to avoid the issue completely!
 My I
Msg: 116
Posted: 3/7/2010 8:16:27 PM

God gave us a rule for good living in that we should not have sex without an honorable commitment between two people. For this reason, as there are men like this who would rather play, and children ultimately are the innocent victims of these bad choices

Typical.
You have 7 kids with 4 different men and you have the gall to paint men as the less responsible person? You certainly meet the criteria of a self-righteous bible thumper. I think your children should be extremely p!ssed off at you!!!

Too bad God was never a concern until you decided to paint your wagon red and go on a rampage against men. As per another thread, you're a perfect example why DNA testing should be mandatory.

When you have sex, you are spiritally BOUND to that individual: "opting out" and walking away is NOT an option, as you will face a final judgement for your decisions

Good grief!!!
Maybe you should focus on your judgement day.

Let me guess... God forgave you but he won't forgive the fathers. right?
 Ldy4MrRgt
Msg: 117
Posted: 3/7/2010 9:03:17 PM

You have 7 kids with 4 different men and you have the gall to paint men as the less responsible person? You certainly meet the criteria of a self-righteous bible thumper. I think your children should be extremely p!ssed off at you!!!

Never claimed to be "perfect", but rather fallen and I have been redeemed! I was picked up again, by the scruff of the neck and brought out of the pit! As for "bible thumping", these precepts of honor and commitment are found in many writings throughout time, not just the "bible". Ever read the Quoran? Men who mess around with women there can face the death penalty.

I never meant to be "self righteous" either, just a fallen sinner with some experience to share. I also can testify to a life covered in grace! I made my mistakes and I hope to share them with others so some will consider things before they too face similar heartaches.
I aspire daily to be this kind of woman:
"She is clothed with strength and dignity;
she can laugh at the days to come.
She speaks with wisdom,
and faithful instruction is on her tongue.
She watches over the affairs of her household
and does not eat the bread of idleness.
Her children arise and call her blessed;" Proverbs 31:25-28
I live a life full of thanksgiving for the place I was and place to which HE has brought me! And I realize this precious gift daily when my children do "arise" and call me "blessed"! AlleluYAH!

I have taken my responsibility to my progeny very seriously! And in comparison to what I have contributed to my children's lives, their fathers have done relatively little. Therefore, I do believe that YES, I AM the more responsible parent! Granted, I made VERY bad choices in the type of men I choose to be with. My youngest two children were born in a marriage with an alcoholic. After five years of marriage, I finally realized that he only did lip service to "love" for me or his kids. While I worked full time to keep the household, he stayed home. When we had needs and went without, he always had a drink or a cigarette when he wanted one! My choice in him was VERY ... gee I can't honestly say "uneducated", but it was just plain wrong! Yes, I was irresponsible in that, but NEVER NOT responsible for the care, feeding, raising, communicating and loving of my children!

This is a case for many single women. Granted, there are women who also walk away from kids, and I'm sure I'll hear from a single dad out there who had this experience. For the majority, it is the women left holding the diaper bag, who live the reality I have lived for 24 yrs! They say you can't judge a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes. Come join me for a day with the four beautiful kids I still have at home. Then you be the judge as to how my children "should" be. They appreciate that they have a committed, loving, caring, articulate, communicative, cheerful, spiritally grounded mom!

As for "forgiveness", it's not my place to say who will be forgiven. HIS mercies are new every morning. When HE gives life to us, we make the decisions to embrace it or tear it apart. I strive daily to walk in the way HE would want me to walk today. Yesterday is better left there, and I can't live every day in condemnation of my past mistakes. I pray for the fathers of my children and hope that they will come to realize that they, too, were given a precious gift and one day they will come to appreciate it. A man who consistently chooses to shift blame from himself will face a consequence of that decision! Not my place to say what, just stating facts as I believe them.

I hope you too will learn compassion for others, rather than making rash judgements of the sincere posters here.
Many blessings, R--

Ldy4MrRgt
Msg: 118
Posted: 3/7/2010 9:11:23 PM
And one more thing:

go on a rampage against men

I've got nothing against men! I'm on a "rampage" against unprotected, irresponsible sexual decisions, because I have a bit of experience here! And I hope maybe some younger women who are still facing these decisions daily will come to learn that they CAN be proactive and protective of their sexuality, when disrespectful men choose to manipulate and attempt to control their sexuality.

Ladies, I know I'm sounding very trite, of course, but "JUST SAY NO" to unprotected, uncommitted sex with jerks like My I!!
 My I
Msg: 119
Posted: 3/7/2010 9:33:11 PM

Ladies, I know I'm sounding very trite, of course, but "JUST SAY NO" to unprotected, uncommitted sex with jerks like My I!!

I'm blunt; you're blunt. Yet, I'm the jerk?

You need more prayers, sister. Here's a scripture you should read:

"Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye?
 *MidniteBlue*
Msg: 121
Posted: 3/9/2010 12:54:49 AM
That would be a Jerk.

All types of Jerks out there. Non-discriminatory, concerning whether they have a child or not, as far as defining "Jerk" goes.

Jerks have regrets = a contradiction in terms.

I like the word "jerk". A clean, concise and compact, red-flag term.

"Huge Jerk" is redundant, which those that wear that sign well just can't seem to stop themselves from proving that point.

... Next.
 what_to_call_myself
Msg: 122
Posted: 3/10/2010 10:46:09 PM
please dont take this as being mean by any means

Ok your having a child with someone you couldnt care less about and u expect him to stick around?
yes it is your choice in what u decide to do but dont hold it against this boy cus he doesnt want to be apart of it... its both of your faults cus u didnt use protection in the first place... I wish I was in your boat right now....
cus you can tell your child that his/her farther didnt want kids at that time but u did and its cus of you that they are here today..
 NotElvisJunior
Msg: 123
view profile
History
Posted: 3/11/2010 12:59:10 PM
Why is this thread still going on?

The OP was "dating" this guy.

The OP thought she couldn't get pregnant.

Presumably, the guy BELIEVED her.

The OP did NOT want a child with him.

Presumably, the guy BELIEVED her.

Why is the OP even remotely considered an innocent victim here, and why is the guy considered to be in the wrong. The guy was given a set of expectations. The OP then completely reversed those expectations on him. The guy decides he wants nothing to do with such "black is white, up is down" insanity and takes off.

The guy also has not turned his back on a child - there was no child by the time he took off. There was only a pregnancy - which I am going to assume was in the very early stages when the OP told the guy. I am giving the OP the benefit of the doubt and assuming that she told him very early on, and did not wait until she was showing and couldn't hide the fact anymore.

What is the problem? The OP told the guy one thing, then went in the complete opposite direction and expected the guy to play along. Why is that HIS fault? Why is that not HER fault? Why has this gone on for seven pages?
 SLC2509
Msg: 124
Posted: 3/11/2010 1:41:47 PM
It seems that all jerks run away to Florida! My ex is also there.
You don't have to tell the child anything right away. You have a few years to figure it all out. When the time comes you can always say the truth. The guy was an immature jackass who wasn't ready to deal with life and maybe one day he'll wake up and realize he has a beautiful child that he doesn't know because he wasn't man enough to be a father.
The best thing you can do is give everything you have to raising that child well.
 Tealwood
Msg: 125
Posted: 3/12/2010 6:55:21 AM

I've got nothing against men! I'm on a "rampage" against unprotected, irresponsible sexual decisions, because I have a bit of experience here! And I hope maybe some younger women who are still facing these decisions daily will come to learn that they CAN be proactive and protective of their sexuality, when disrespectful men choose to manipulate and attempt to control their sexuality.

Perhaps the simple suggestion for you or any other simple weak woman to blame the man for being the supposed manipulative individual. But like so many it seems you absolve the weak and stupid and enable them to blame the guy for being the one at fault.

Observation....some guy wants to park his little putt putt in your garage one would assume you have control in who goes there?

Never claimed to be "perfect", but rather fallen and I have been redeemed! I was picked up again, by the scruff of the neck and brought out of the pit! As for "bible thumping", these precepts of honor and commitment are found in many writings throughout time, not just the "bible". Ever read the Quoran? Men who mess around with women there can face the death penalty.

I never meant to be "self righteous" either, just a fallen sinner with some experience to share. I also can testify to a life covered in grace! I made my mistakes and I hope to share them with others so some will consider things before they too face similar heartaches.

Good on you.....you found salvation and absolution....

Post-absolution prayer: "Passio Domini nostri Jesu Christi, merita Beatae Mariae Virginis et omnium sanctorum, quidquid boni feceris vel mali sustinueris sint tibi in remissionem peccatorum, augmentum gratiae et praemium vitae aeternae. Amen."

Translation: "May the Passion of Our Lord Jesus Christ, the merits of the Blessed Virgin Mary and of all the saints and also whatever good you do or evil you endure merit for you the remission of your sins, the increase of grace and the reward of everlasting life. Amen."

Absolution forgives the guilt associated with the penitent's sins, and removes the eternal punishment (Hell) associated with mortal sins. The penitent is still responsible for the temporal punishment (Purgatory) associated with the confessed sins, unless an indulgence is applied.

The reality that one transfers blame from themself to the opposing partner...or multiple partners is farcical. But to often it seems the mother does this transfer...poor me....i was controlled and manipulated by that mean old guy...I am without ability to control who seduces me......

A man who consistently chooses to shift blame from himself will face a consequence of that decision! Not my place to say what, just stating facts as I believe them.

No problem with that but equally you hold the mother to the same standard. If a man never desired having a child and you were so foolish as to have a child with someone who did not desire it....then why is he derided and castrated when if the male wanted the child and the mother decided to abort the pregnancy then that is within her right of control of her body?

Gentleman....the reality is teaching other men the perils of having sex with woman who feel they are entitled.

I think the motto is you made your bed now you accept it as your responsibility to live in it and accept the consequences of your actions without downloading it on someone else.

I have taken my responsibility to my progeny very seriously! And in comparison to what I have contributed to my children's lives, their fathers have done relatively little. Therefore, I do believe that YES, I AM the more responsible parent!

Sorry...but responsible...or more responsible when you have how many children with how many men and you have your children go without? I have no issue with how many children...or with how many fathers....but there was once a day when one was responsible and was prudent in their choices and how they would be capable of providing for those choices....that i would suggest is the model for being a responsible parent...something one might suggest you are lacking!

since you like throwing accusations around!
 kissmyasthma
Msg: 126
Posted: 3/12/2010 7:11:31 AM
No worries, God will provide....or the sheriff will come and make him.
Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  >