Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > pof is just a waste of time      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Peas_
Msg: 101
pof is just a waste of timePage 5 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)

As to the OP who's probably long gone; you sound a bit bitter.

I notice you fling out the word bitter frequently in your posts. Interesting.
 ElectricFish67
Msg: 102
pof is just a waste of time
Posted: 8/13/2015 7:37:47 AM

I notice you fling out the word bitter frequently in your posts. Interesting.

There happen to be a lot of bitter people here. A quick perusal through the endless "No one responds to me so they all suck" posts should confirm that.

What's so interesting about it?
 Bruinsfan39
Msg: 103
Posted: 8/17/2015 6:17:09 PM
I am leaning towards all online dating is imo. I dont want kids and wont date women with kids so that instantly takes out 95% of the pool for sites , I was on match for almost 2 years not a single response and no one reached out to me, okc i have talked to maybe one person in 3 months but it never went farther than a few emails. nothing at all on this site after 6 months. Guess this isn't for me
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 104
Posted: 8/17/2015 6:25:46 PM
Well, that's cause you're a Bruins fan. No self respecting woman would be caught dead with you.

From,
A Habs fan living in Vancouver.
 LLove2LaughToo
Msg: 105
Posted: 8/17/2015 7:51:38 PM

Not 4 me.!!

Not for me either!!
 td2231
Msg: 106
Posted: 8/18/2015 8:22:01 AM
No wonder he can't find anyone. That dude is very bitter and negative. Hookers? Wtf?
 Tim0281
Msg: 107
Posted: 8/18/2015 11:56:34 AM
I can understand the frustration as I too have a hard time finding people interested. Some that are are just so far away to even attempt a relationship but ya just gotta remember there's new people joining every day I'm sure and that someone has to be out there for ya. It can be tough some days I know.
 UZEASY
Msg: 108
Posted: 8/18/2015 7:47:40 PM

Time to check out hookers As expensive as dates are, it is as cost efective and i don't have to aduiton for them

you sound like that person who believe on the following myth.

"Go Big or Go Home if you F**k up , F**k up big"

isn't it ?
 UZEASY
Msg: 109
Posted: 8/18/2015 7:49:59 PM

No wonder he can't find anyone. That dude is very bitter and negative. Hookers? Wtf?

It doesn't matter if he is bitter or negative. I have witnessed sweet and positive guys mistreated by females as well.
 InnerGorilla
Msg: 110
Posted: 8/19/2015 11:32:00 AM

It doesn't matter if he is bitter or negative. I have witnessed sweet and positive guys mistreated by females as well.

Bitter and negative is what happens to all the nice, sweet, positive idiots out there.

I personally don't like hookers. Why? Well, I never been with one, and since I like to please my lady the idea of her faking orgasm would completely and utterly piss me off. Besides, when all you do is pull out your wallet to get women, you do not put the work in learning how to ACTUALLY attract women, get the woman to want you and have sex for free.

Yes for free, all the wine and dine was not done for her, it was done because I want it.
 pepperstrand
Msg: 111
Posted: 9/23/2015 6:56:25 PM
Again, people suck, get a dog, unconditional love and well they never talk back rudely.
 JoeBnD
Msg: 112
Posted: 9/23/2015 8:48:05 PM
Not always true (dog). I had one turn on me - she lost; I found out later she was a husky/wolf mix.
 InnerGorilla
Msg: 113
Posted: 9/24/2015 11:33:01 AM

Again, people suck, get a dog, unconditional love and well they never talk back rudely.

Hah, last dog I had to get rid of her. I prefer a cat. They don't pretend.
 tequila157
Msg: 114
Posted: 9/27/2015 8:50:55 AM
"Time to check out hookers As expensive as dates are, it is as cost efective and i don't have to aduiton for them".

Lucky you, you have that option lol.
 MillaKitten92
Msg: 115
Posted: 9/29/2015 6:16:04 AM
I do not think it is necessarily that the people on the site are bad, although sites like these do usually attract a certain type of crowd, it's more the setting that makes communication difficult.

There are more men so women get flooded with messages and really it's initially based on the appeal of the first image which puts an aesthetic and shallow spin on it.
 Railrunner
Msg: 116
view profile
History
Posted: 10/4/2015 11:46:28 AM
POF does seem to attract a certain element simply because it is free. Personally I do not care for paid dating sites, as I don't see the use in paying good money each month just to be disappointed and hurt. Having said that, I've encountered a lot of fakes, frauds, and con artists here (POF being free, they can create a free account, try to find some suckers to rip off, when the account is deleted, create a new free one), and I found that there were specific commonalities between all the frauds and cons I've encountered. The quicker you can figure out a fraud, the less time wasted. For example, every con who has contacted me first (And it's only been cons who contact me first, so that might be a clue to intention right there) has either had no profile pic, or all pics obviously taken in a motel room. So I block any person who has multiple pics all taken in a motel room and contacts me first. And it's always the same excuses "My dog is sick and the vet will put her down if she doesn't get surgery" or "I need money for tuition" to why the cons need lots of money.

POF may as well stand for "Plenty of Frauds" but there are some good people here too. It's not a waste of time if you can filter out the fakes and frauds and focus on the good people here. And it should go without saying, but POF should not be a person's only way of finding dates. The forums are good to read if you can get past some of the pettyness and have a lot of valuable information and views.
 InnerGorilla
Msg: 118
Posted: 11/4/2015 1:39:38 PM

Personally I do not care for paid dating sites, as I don't see the use in paying good money each month just to be disappointed and hurt.

Here's the other side of this equation. You go to a bar, have a couple of drinks, see a few ladies, but before you get a chance to talk to them some other hound dog gets them. By the end of the night, you're out 60 bucks. You go to another bar, another night and you realize that you have to be top dog and approach women before the other guys get to her. So you scope a hot woman, go hit on her, and she shoot you and your ego down like there's no tomorrow. You're out another 60 bucks. Another night you go to a different place, and decide that instead of going after the drop dead gorgeous women, you go for the next level, maybe 7s and 8s. You go hit on them and then realize that they think that you are a 5 maybe a 6 and look at you like you're some idiot. You're out 100 bucks, this time because you bought them drinks. Stupid. You go out another night, this time with a wingman, he gives you a couple of tips and tricks, you hit on women indiscriminately and get shot down a ton of times. You buy drinks, your friend hits on a super hot chic with a really ugly****blocker, so you distract her for a while and before you know it, you wake up in her bed in the morning and you're out 300 bucks.

You stop going out for a few weeks because you're totally out of money and barely can make rent.

Then another friend as a joke creates a profile for you and one of the hot chics that you saw the first time is there. You send her an email and she responds and you're having a date with her, but since you're broke you pick a grungy blues place with live bands and cheap beer. She goes for it.

Three weeks later, you hide your profile as you make coffee for her and she comes out of your bedroom wearing your boxers.

Soooo, what is cheaper or more expensive?
 o0BrownEyedGirl0o
Msg: 119
Posted: 11/4/2015 2:32:00 PM
^^^^

Fact or fiction, IG?

Inquiring minds want to know..... (great story and object lesson nonetheless)
 InnerGorilla
Msg: 120
Posted: 11/4/2015 3:05:12 PM

Fact or fiction, IG?

Part fact, part fiction.

I was always horrible at the bars, while on line I could always get dates. No, I've never woken up with a girl that I only liked after a few beers. But these was this one girl I dated that I had seen in the same place several times. It was one of these Tapas type of restaurants with a great bar and after 9:30 they had a Live Salsa band. When ever I saw her there it was impossible to get close to her, so well, I hanged out with my friends or talked to other women.

So here I see her in Match one time and asked her if she liked Salsa, and if she hang out at that place. She said that she had seen me before. So we went out for a while.

Oh, and I did go to that Grungy Blues bar, but not on a first date. Hehehe.
 o0BrownEyedGirl0o
Msg: 121
Posted: 11/4/2015 3:35:42 PM
Thanks for the reveal, IG (and how's that book coming along?)

I just went for my evening bike ride and passed in the opposite direction the man I had previously asked if I had seen his profile on a dating site. (It's in another thread). This time, HE greeted ME.

I ignored him (I have earphones in my ears, you see, listening to a podcast) and no smile.

That made me feel strangely good. (No wonder I have been consigned to dating purgatory, bad me.) I have a 3 meet week of memories to keep me warm, and the memory of 13 dates under my belt. I can quit while I am ahead, no?
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 122
view profile
History
Posted: 11/4/2015 10:09:36 PM
browneyedgirl

you didn't fancy the guy after all, did you, that is all. Bottom line.

What you mean by 13 dates I don't know.
 o0BrownEyedGirl0o
Msg: 123
Posted: 11/5/2015 5:27:46 AM
Nope did not fancy him at all, his comment after I mentioned I might have seen him on a dating site unleashed his hurt and anger about his experiences on such sites (he has a M profile too) and that is a turn off for me. Of course I approached him in an unconventional way ("Hey I see you trolling dating sites") and that was not a good idea I see now and all I can say is I have to learn somehow.

Bottom line really is not so much I did not fancy him but that I took my hurt out on a stranger because a meet did not materialize with someone else. Not fair to him. My immaturity shows at every turn I fear.

I have had 13 dates in the first year I have been here, 13 dates I would never have had at all. I have to remember to be grateful and strive to see this as a way of learning to engage with men again, an activity I am slowly getting better at.
 InnerGorilla
Msg: 124
Posted: 11/5/2015 8:08:46 AM

Bottom line really is not so much I did not fancy him but that I took my hurt out on a stranger because a meet did not materialize with someone else. Not fair to him. My immaturity shows at every turn I fear.

It takes a great level of maturity to realize and even say that you felt you were at fault. So kudos to you. And hopefully you will find the right person.
 o0BrownEyedGirl0o
Msg: 125
Posted: 11/5/2015 8:17:34 AM
Thanks IG.

I constantly fail to measure up to my expectations. I keep seeing myself doing things like this and despair of ever finding anything in me to love. Everyone says I have to love myself first before another can/will love me. How will I ever get there?

Thanks for the vote of confidence.

Truth be told, I think I would rather have enduring and continual love for myself instead of the love of another. I am sure my feeling of misery would evaporate if that were to happen.
Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > pof is just a waste of time