Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > pof is just a waste of time      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 tangofish
Msg: 151
view profile
History
pof is just a waste of timePage 7 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
Always mind the STDs
 feelslikeZOOM1970
Msg: 152
pof is just a waste of time
Posted: 1/27/2016 1:41:51 AM
I agree 100 percent. I have been on POF for some time and I send out messages and get no where. I work full time, I am a caring soul who has a lot to offer but when you get rejected about 100 times over you get down. I guess you just have to keep trying as the right one will come along hope fully at some point. Sadly on this website you have to fight with 80 guys for one girls attention and there all looking for the best deal. Never mind that they say oh lets chat and then you send them a message and get no where. There are woman on three for years and months at a time, sorry if you are who you say you are and that good looking why are you still here? EGO! Yup sad but a lot of that goes on welcome to dating 2016
 Razorwire1
Msg: 153
Posted: 1/27/2016 2:47:49 AM
^^^^^^^
Less than 90 days is not a very long time. Never the less your lament seems to be the norm for some.

There are woman on three for years and months at a time, sorry if you are who you say you are and that good looking why are you still here? EGO!

All though some say they're to picky or shallow you've managed to get too the same general consensus. Not an attractive pov? Regardless, perhaps Feb will be your month! :)
 TrvstInKarma
Msg: 154
Posted: 1/30/2016 12:51:29 AM
There are woman on three for years and months at a time, sorry if you are who you say you are and that good looking why are you still here? EGO! Yup sad but a lot of that goes on welcome to dating 2016

----

WTH?? I could say the same about men, I see the same ones over and over that have been here as long as I have. Online dating is not like online shopping. Meeting people is easy, but connecting with them is a whole other story. Tag you're it is not what I'm looking for. Men lament that women are "too picky", but so are men. They want a woman who is young but mature at the same time, looks like supermodel but is content with an average looking guy, is "feminine" but not a "gold digger", has big boobs but is skinny otherwise, has long hair and is stylish but is supposed to be "low maintenance". I could go on and on.
 Lasthookbringsme
Msg: 155
Posted: 1/31/2016 6:37:52 AM

I agree 100 percent. I have been on POF for some time and I send out messages and get no where. I work full time, I am a caring soul who has a lot to offer but when you get rejected about 100 times over you get down.

Why do you feel rejected? What constitutes rejection -- a no answer? Why don't you take it to the streets and say in person what you say in those messages -- they still have a right to walk away. If they don't fancy you, they don't fancy you. You do the same thing when women to whom you're not attracted approach you. Even if you say something to them, you are not rejecting them -- you're asserting your preferences. How they feel and how you feel about NO is no consequence to the disinterested person.

I guess you just have to keep trying as the right one will come along hope fully at some point.

Now that's the right idea. You'll have to endure many NOs and dates, perhaps, to find that one. But it shouldn't be a daunting experience.

Sadly on this website you have to fight with 80 guys for one girls attention and there all looking for the best deal.

Yes, so? You're doing the very same -- looking for the best you imagine and not getting anywhere.

This is the consequences of such narrow preferences.

Never mind that they say oh lets chat and then you send them a message and get no where. There are woman on three for years and months at a time, sorry if you are who you say you are and that good looking why are you still here? EGO! Yup sad but a lot of that goes on welcome to dating 2016

You don't know that. And, it isn't any of your business.

Focus on being realistic and meeting people. What the others should not be any concern of you.
 Delo69
Msg: 156
view profile
History
Posted: 2/2/2016 4:54:44 PM
Well obviously I'm not so full of myself as the original poster but just really I'm done with all date sites.

I don't think I even want to know what love is. Because whatever I think it is, it's obviously not.

My mother was a single mother. Ever since I was a kid I've wanted to be in love. I wanted to be a father to that person's children, to have a family. To be the kind of man that my father was not.

And being on here, I just don't know anymore. It feels like a really stupid joke.

We're all in one place to find the same thing. With so many of us, it shouldn't be hard. But for some reason it is. I've done so much to make myself a more attractive person. It just feels like, that if this is not enough then nothing ever will be so why bother?

No one here wants anything real that will last.
 jrb1979
Msg: 157
view profile
History
Posted: 2/5/2016 12:34:23 PM
You are right. It shouldn't be that hard but I will tell you in my opinion why it is hard. Its cause people these days want the perfect mate and have become very impatient when it comes to dating. That is the reason I don't bother to try to date anymore. Everyone seems to want instant chemistry with the person they are dating. Sorry but it takes time to really get to know some one. On top of that I find a lot of people are looking for deal-breakers as soon as they meet the person. When people realize that the perfect person doesn't exist the better the dating world will be. I kind of understand where they are coming from. I am not looking for the perfect person in a partner but to find some one that fits my lifestyle is not easy.
I work steady afternoons, so I am up late every night. I travel quite often. Pretty much any vacation time I get I am going somewhere. I don't see myself giving up that kind of lifestyle. Its very hard to find a woman, especially in my area who is willing to live a life like that.
 loveisatemple
Msg: 158
Posted: 2/5/2016 7:13:25 PM
No one says one has to be here. It isn't a rule, that one has to find a mate online. So, ask yourself why you insist on doing it here, if it is not working for you?

Pretty sure you are all msging thin, in shape younger women, so apparently, you expect to find "better" than you could get in person, or you would stick with that, or in person you do not try.

It is up to you to do something different.
People complain " others" make it hard, wanting perfection, but you all do the same, and have your own set of deal breakers.

Then the self pity to top it all off, sealing your fate.
Why don't "you" bend your rules and regulations in a mate, if you want one so bad, as you claim?
 LuvFishes
Msg: 159
Posted: 2/7/2016 2:24:27 PM
OP I just took a peek at your profile. It's kind of negative, sarcastic writing. And one pic of close up face has bathroom products, not the most flattering shot. Have a smile shot. I'd say regroup, rewrite your profile, take a do over on the close face shot. I'm sure there are some here willing to help. Don't give a list of things you enjoy but share a couple you would like to share with her or that she should possess. It's true our page is very much an Advertisement. So spelling matters. Find a date name and keep it for all sites... so that she can find you.

Dating online is not easy on any site. Your profile should share the women you seek somewhere in the profile. Is she shy, quiet, life of the party, smart, witty, tall, short, skinny, average, curvy, BBW.... etc... and realize it takes conversation, emails and eventually a meet to see if chemistry is attracting each other. Not an easy process
 patchjoker13
Msg: 160
Posted: 2/10/2016 9:09:23 PM
You guys should read my posts... click on my history....they spell out the sad truth about online dating for guys.
 Inner_Gorilla
Msg: 161
Posted: 2/11/2016 12:36:14 PM

You guys should read my posts... click on my history....they spell out the sad truth about online dating for guys.

Why should we waste our time doing that?
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 162
Posted: 2/11/2016 1:27:42 PM

Dating online is not easy on any site

Not an easy process

It doesn't have to be the ordeal that so many people turn it into, either.
 Stellan77
Msg: 163
Posted: 2/12/2016 11:23:21 AM
Well, you can have a descent profile and sent well-thought out first messages and still get hundreds of emails deleted. I feel that it is probably best to wait until the women message you. In my experience, it might take a few weeks or manybe months, but it will happen eventually. There's some evidence that women are not responsive to guys who approach them first. If a woman really likes you, she will let you know.
 purplerider1200
Msg: 164
view profile
History
Posted: 2/12/2016 9:08:24 PM
^^^^^^ Don't stand on one foot waiting.
 RichLee16
Msg: 165
Posted: 2/17/2016 7:39:22 PM
I'm not sure that women know what they want nowadays either. I am certainly not physically fit and so I chalk up my being single to that. Buttttttt, I have a good friend who is and he has the same luck with females in the area as well. It's like pulling teeth to get conversation from females. Unless you're a druggie that wants to find someone to use. Then the good women throw themselves at the scum... Truly lost.
 JediJoshC
Msg: 166
Posted: 3/7/2016 4:29:53 PM
I did agree with this up until I read "time to go get hookers"

I do think many women's profiles are generic. I'm at a point now if I read "live laugh love" as their headline, I just skip them. Here's a tip, try to include specifics in your profile. When you say things like " I like all kinds of music" you sound like you're trying to appeal to everyone, as if a bigger net might catch more fish. I prefer to find the right fish, not more fish, which is why I specifically mention my exact taste in music.

Oh and we know your kids come first, they ought to come first. Saying your kids come first is a redundant piece of information we really dont need.
 oneday57
Msg: 167
Posted: 3/13/2016 11:45:51 AM
Understand this....ITS FREE!!!!....and thats why we do this...woman and men alike....just like when I said I didnt want any lame one liners...and what happened?...the whole world asked me dumb one liners...lol...because it was free and they werent paying for the service....lol
 springorfall
Msg: 168
view profile
History
Posted: 3/14/2016 12:59:41 AM
I don't think pof is a waste of time. If you're not getting the responses you want, then do something else. Use pof as one venue to 'meet' people, or to get to know people... I browse the forums (they tell you more about the real person behind the profile more than any well thought out essay would do)

I'm really quite happy being single. I wonder if most people who are only on pof are and that's why they're not on a paid site... I think if it was more of a number one priority for them to be with someone, then they'd be on many sites, paid as well (maybe they are; I have no idea)
But having said that, I am also quite happy about the idea of being with the 'right' person - the right person for me, that is. But being content overall means there's no pressure to find him, which I actually think is a healthy thing and keeps away bitterness. I'm open to whatever may happen, or not. I also enjoy the chance to meet people through the events, can make some good friends that way, if nothing else and have a good time. (That is a very disjointed paragraph, but it is very late and I'm just typing as a thought occurs, probably not the wisest decision :) )
 springorfall
Msg: 169
view profile
History
Posted: 3/14/2016 1:16:37 AM
To feels like Zoom above, maybe the reason you're not getting the response you're hoping for is because you are not yet single? I know I don't like to communicate with those who are 'taken'/'married'/'separated'/other status' that show they're not really free for a relationship. Perhaps others feel the same way?
 oneday57
Msg: 170
Posted: 3/19/2016 4:45:19 AM
HAHA....good hookers are hard to find and not cheap and the cheap ones are druggies that spread the wealth IF you know what I mean!....as for these sights...weather you pay or not the game players are abundant on both sides also...soooo take it with a grain and good luck!
 purplerider1200
Msg: 171
view profile
History
Posted: 3/19/2016 10:36:16 PM
Learn to live with the idea OLD and IRL is daunting at the least, to downright aggravating at it's worst.

Figure out what entertains you best. Go with it. Be friendly and polite to women, but remember that you just might be only two legs that take up space, and are only in the way. It might be a rare occasion that you might find one that holds some interest in you. Just be aware that her interest in you may be fleeting, and you'll become old news in a instant. Do have a plan b, and be ready to implement it in a heartbeat.
 usernonymous
Msg: 172
Posted: 5/10/2016 10:06:35 PM
While I don't agree with the hooker stuff, I will reluctantly agree with the OP in the sense that I had a whole lot more luck meeting women in the real world than I have on POF. I guess I excel more in the live moments and don't give good "profile".

I won't go as far as to make an assumption whether a POF woman is different than a woman I meet in the real world (believe it or not, I've never randomly met a woman out there who was on pof), I'll just assume I have bad karma on this site.
 FlamingHotCheetos3
Msg: 173
Posted: 5/10/2016 10:57:48 PM

I had so much to offer but you women blew it

I know this thread is old as shit but still: GOOD RIDDANCE!

A whiny loser misogynist has thrown in the towel. I'm sure the women who rejected you (& who would reject you) are just crying themselves to sleep that you're off the market and have resorted to paying for pu$$y.
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 174
Posted: 5/10/2016 11:39:22 PM
I don't initiate contact and get 5-8 messages a week.

1-3 are interesting enough that I'll respond.
 assanovathe3rd
Msg: 175
Posted: 5/22/2016 3:45:43 PM
Great job op. Hood riddance to this site. Its a shithole anyway im sure it wouldve made your plight worse. Its much better in real life
Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > pof is just a waste of time