Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > pof is just a waste of time      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 WhereforeAndWhyNot
Msg: 176
view profile
History
pof is just a waste of timePage 9 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
Um, folks... this posting is 6 years old. If he's still around, then he obviously didn't mean it and was just whining for pity. And if he isn't, then what's the point?

Oh wait, that's right... POF runs these forums as if they're the national archives, and not a dating site. Gawd forbid anyone starts a new thread at all similar to one from the Pleistocene epoch. After all, who wouldn't be interested in knowing what some former member whined about 6 or 10 years ago? Shame on me.... :-D
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 177
view profile
History
pof is just a waste of time
Posted: 5/31/2016 2:52:28 AM
Your mistake is thinking that you will have success just because you put up a profile on here. If you have a lot to offer, work and are a caring soul then you should be looking around in real life where you will have less competition on the "click next"
syndrome here. No guarantees in this game and dont believe the percentages hype that is touted.
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 178
Posted: 5/31/2016 3:55:34 PM

If you have a lot to offer, work and are a caring soul then you should be looking around in real life where you will have less competition on the "click next"
syndrome here. No guarantees in this game

You mean there are guarantees in real life???!!

Well, I want one of those!!!!!

No woman has ever come up to me out of the blue and said, "You look like you have a lot to offer and you look like you are a caring soul, can I buy you dinner?"
 Maleman999
Msg: 179
Posted: 6/2/2016 3:14:58 PM

If you have a lot to offer, work and are a caring soul then you should be looking around in real life where you will have less competition on the "click next" syndrome here.

I tried that, but it didn't work. The last time I was at the mall, I took my clicker with me, and when I saw a woman I wasn't attracted to, I tried clicking her away so I could the next woman. But she wouldn't move out of the way.
 Walts
Msg: 180
Posted: 6/2/2016 5:01:42 PM

when I saw a woman I wasn't attracted to, I tried clicking her away so I could the next woman. But she wouldn't move out of the way.

I have the complete opposite affect on the girls.

When I walk anywhere it's like watching the parting of the Red Sea.

No clicker required.

I guess, I could shower.

And leave the crocs at home.
 kj521
Msg: 181
Posted: 6/2/2016 5:09:40 PM
And here I thought everyone on dance floor backed away to watch me dance....

Now I know it's just BO. :/

What size shoe you wear, Walts? I can lend you a pair of Manalos. ;)
 Greyhound_Willys
Msg: 182
Posted: 6/29/2016 7:21:08 PM
Seriously, what does mean this!!!??, I've been trying, trying, trying, trying anything, messages, messages, messages, messages and I never could get a response. I'm looking for a GIRLFRIEND, a woman between the age of 26 to 31 and a woman older than me wants to meet me. Then I send lot of messages and I don't receive any response.
Seriously, if I don't meet the women's match criteria please be honest, just tell me that I'm not that type of guy or I don't look like some singer or movie star or that I don't have that type of look that today's women require.
If this will be happening everyday, just I'll close my account, I'll focus on my job, money and thank's a lot Canada.
I'm tired of this and I'm tired and to be labeled as the ugly duckling!. Just i wanna know the truth, simple.
 athleticnfun2
Msg: 183
view profile
History
Posted: 7/23/2016 5:31:21 PM
sir after initially reading your post, i agree with you completely, I initially tried pof as something of a fun way to get to meet nice people and go on dates, but I wouldnt recommend this to anyone , couple reasons why. 1. If you want to meet a truly attractive woman who has anything truly going for them your gonna have to get out in real life to do that. This could mean going to the local park, bookstore ,mall ,or even a nice upscale club, this is from my experience how you meet the woman you want. Now you have to have some balls and walk up and strike up a conversation but trust me this works. from my 3 months on pof most of the women on here seem like cookie cutter types who can be lumped into the general categories of they are either seperated, currently married and have multiple kids and drama issues and offer nothing to any decent guy looking for a relationship or even sex for that matter. Sorry for longwinded post but in conclusion forget online go out and live my firiend!
 blackbeauty744
Msg: 184
view profile
History
Posted: 7/23/2016 5:48:52 PM
3 months? Online dating is a marathon, not a sprint.
 WhereforeAndWhyNot
Msg: 185
view profile
History
pof is just a taste of lime
Posted: 7/25/2016 2:43:40 AM

“Seriously, what does mean this!!!??”

I’d say that pretty much sums it all up….
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 186
Posted: 7/25/2016 11:19:22 AM

Online dating is a marathon, not a sprint.

More like an obstacle course, rollercoaster ride, and minefield all rolled into one.
 AZ-CA,Guy
Msg: 187
Posted: 7/31/2016 4:46:55 PM
Negativity attracts negativity. I suggest being more positive.

Women do pick up on most of the little clues that men miss.

Treat others how you want to be treated. :)
 MarsWarGod
Msg: 188
view profile
History
Posted: 11/12/2016 12:25:31 AM

Um, folks... this posting is 6 years old. If he's still around, then he obviously didn't mean it and was just whining for pity. And if he isn't, then what's the point?

Oh wait, that's right... POF runs these forums as if they're the national archives, and not a dating site. Gawd forbid anyone starts a new thread at all similar to one from the Pleistocene epoch. After all, who wouldn't be interested in knowing what some former member whined about 6 or 10 years ago? Shame on me.... :-D

While the original post is old, the frustrated sentiment is not. That's why these old thread still have relevance.
 Iredurbio2
Msg: 189
view profile
History
Posted: 11/12/2016 4:23:14 AM
I enjoy reading all the vitriol.It's so apropos
In this current time.With millions of divorces in the last
5 years alone.Some are packing a lot of hurt while others
are on these sites to catch up all the sex they missed.
It's the do and dump!Watch your back!
 andrew_517
Msg: 190
Posted: 12/17/2016 1:49:28 AM
I used her and sneak around on sites like this. I left her when she needed me most and lied to her face. And still do and all she does is try and love me through it.
 dojamaflip
Msg: 191
view profile
History
Posted: 2/11/2017 1:58:21 PM
I thoroughly agree ... I've been on POF about 8 years, have met 2 women in that time, 1 led to a short relationship. I'm no spring chicken, admittedly, fairly ugly, but am educated, intelligent, looking for someone for the longterm, but nothing happens. Not sure about the US, but in the UK POF seems to be the lower educated spectrum (because it is, at the basic level, free), and intelligent respectful messages rarely get replies. Most successful communications are initiated by the woman. I'd advise trying different sites. But I think online dating is a sort of online shopping catalogue where the most attractive or glitzily marketed product get the sales
 MadameBoisseau
Msg: 192
Posted: 2/11/2017 4:43:57 PM
LMAO dude talks about renting trafficked women and exploiting those under so much economic duress they are down to selling their bodies and then wonders why females don't like him.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 193
view profile
History
Posted: 2/14/2017 12:27:34 AM

I thoroughly agree ... I've been on POF about 8 years, have met 2 women in that time, 1 led to a short relationship. I'm no spring chicken, admittedly, fairly ugly, but am educated, intelligent, looking for someone for the longterm, but nothing happens. Not sure about the US, but in the UK POF seems to be the lower educated spectrum (because it is, at the basic level, free), and intelligent respectful messages rarely get replies. Most successful communications are initiated by the woman. I'd advise trying different sites. But I think online dating is a sort of online shopping catalogue where the most attractive or glitzily marketed product get the sales

I thought you met the Love of your life! The separated Latina in the US who you've met 5 times, and who is 15 years younger than you and never orgasmed before, before she met you while living at her soon-to-be-ex-husband's! :)
Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > pof is just a waste of time