Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > The Shape of a Face      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 26
The Shape of a FacePage 2 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)

There has been a lot of research that shows most people are attracted to faces that are symmetrical.

There are sites and programs which allow you to split your face in half to see how symmetrical it really is. I wonder if Ross Perot has ever noticed that he is truly, a man with two half faces ~ nothing matches.
http://ke-mp.com/2008/02/23/face-generator-split-your-face-in-half-and-stitch-together/
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 27
The Shape of a Face
Posted: 1/28/2010 6:34:03 PM

I have a boring face, there's nothing remarkable or unusual about it.

I don't agree at all. You have a very lovely/unique face. (Not that you asked...LOL)
 Discerning Virtuosa
Msg: 28
The Shape of a Face
Posted: 1/28/2010 7:37:03 PM
That's it! - I'm single because I have a weak chin and jawline!

and Junkyard - You have a very friendly face.

Seriously there are certain facial features on a man I find very unappealing. A small mouth or full lips - yuck! A well defined jaw line and nice cheek bones - luv it.
 peppermint petunias
Msg: 29
The Shape of a Face
Posted: 1/29/2010 12:40:41 PM

Are 'latin lovers' better?

E mail me I will tell you.

My natural facial expression in a complete poker face. 'Zero' expression.

Me too.
I call it self induced all natural botox.

I had a boyfriend once call me box face because he said it was so square.

I think age has changed it somewhat.

Hope that isn't to sinister.

Do 'blondes' have more fun?

I'm going to find out in a few days..let ya know.

op: I think when we are babies the face we see and bond with is the type of face most of us tend to gravitate to.

Ever notice artists tend to draw themselves or their mothers over and over with some differences of course.

I think Picasso's mom would slap me for saying that.

Fun topic though.
 Helen0426
Msg: 30
The Shape of a Face
Posted: 1/29/2010 12:50:57 PM
verygreeneyez, thanks for posting the split-your-face generator link! That is fun. I turn out to be two completely different people... but that's okay, one of them was gorgeous!

All right, the other one, not so much, but hey, ya can't have everything.

I think everyone should give that a whirl, whether you want to use your own photo or someone else's. It's pretty much bound to make you laugh! (Unless you're remarkably symmetrical and then it'll just look like every photo of you.)

Hmmm, I wonder if I have a picture of my cat facing the camera straight on... is she really as perfectly even-featured as I think?
 peppermint petunias
Msg: 31
The Shape of a Face
Posted: 1/29/2010 4:20:50 PM

I'll be 43 this year. I don't even have laugh lines, and get mistaken for being in my early to mid 30's.
Sucks to be me...

Me to.I am a freaking brick house
37-25-34 OW!!

Sending you a pic soon so you can eat your dam heart out whipper snapper rock star.

Ok. But I'll warn you. I'm tall, dark, and European.

I'm a brave gal.

verygreeneyez, thanks for posting the split-your-face generator link! That is fun.

Yeah

One side was fun, the other hmmmm. I looked like my cousin?????????????
 DiannaBall
Msg: 32
The Shape of a Face
Posted: 1/29/2010 4:25:29 PM
Well, I think Pepps and I should take Verity for a walk onto the dark side. :) The poor boy would not know what to do. :) He can have two Brick Houses; 38DD 29 32 Yeeee Hawww (see photos for proof.)
 peppermint petunias
Msg: 33
The Shape of a Face
Posted: 1/29/2010 4:37:08 PM

Dont knock the brunettes, we got it going on too. Brunettes have a surprising amount of fun.

I play in a dark wig on Halloween and it is very hot.

You are a very beautiful brunette.. a kind warm face.

So many interesting faces on this site.I wonder could you guess, a persons job from their face.I love warm faces with kind, intelligent eyes.

That would be a fun thing to do in off topic or something..don't know the rules about that.

But verity and a few others will have to slay us with a pic that day..
 Arabianangel
Msg: 34
The Shape of a Face
Posted: 1/29/2010 5:15:57 PM

Actually, a friend of mine pointed out a long time ago to how babies react to faces.
They seem to be enamoured with beauty, and react very negatively to what most of us would call 'fugly' people.

Ahhh so this explains why babies stare at me with such a huge adorable grin!
 TodaysCatch
Msg: 35
view profile
History
The Shape of a Face
Posted: 1/29/2010 6:13:35 PM
Actually, a friend of mine pointed out a long time ago to how babies react to faces.
They seem to be enamoured with beauty, and react very negatively to what most of us would call 'fugly' people.

Was your friend a Ph.D candidate? One from Stanford came over to our house when my sister was in diapers and showed her a bunch of faces. She mostly cried, but she calmed down when she saw an Uncle Fester-type face with a prominent bald head. Apparently, faces tending toward the hydrocephalic are what infants are drawn to, according to much research into the matter (don't ask me why there's research at all - it left me dumbfounded).

Cool post, OP. I don't subscribe to "judging a book by its cover", but I'd venture that most people have a face type.
 8soldierfalcon8
Msg: 36
The Shape of a Face
Posted: 1/29/2010 6:19:42 PM
I am most attracted to women with heart shaped faces, high cheekbones, an big eyes.

Additionally, I like Ecto-mesomorphs.

I'm into elf chicks. What can I say? lol

-8sf8
 Strings6
Msg: 37
view profile
History
The Shape of a Face
Posted: 1/29/2010 6:29:53 PM
Nice back door"do looks matter" thread...new angles are always appreciated....perhaps we can talk about the shapes of other things as well
 Stormwolf
Msg: 38
view profile
History
The Shape of a Face
Posted: 1/29/2010 6:30:06 PM

Ahhh so this explains why babies stare at me with such a huge adorable grin!

Yep! And the baby in me would want to breast feed because of that pretty face!
 8soldierfalcon8
Msg: 39
The Shape of a Face
Posted: 1/29/2010 6:54:11 PM
^^^ Erm... some of use have very specific things we are attracted to.

Why in the world does this bother you?

Some people don't care about face shapes - some do. Some people don't care about height - some do.

It seems to me that some people on these boards are predisposed to think that ANY kind of physical attraction is shallow.

In truth, I find it fascinating. For instance, I like high forheads on women, and some of my buddies do not.

::shrug::

-8sf8
 Pirate Mollie
Msg: 40
The Shape of a Face
Posted: 1/29/2010 7:50:42 PM
i have a pretty face. but i have pretty pretty feet too. actually i think my face is prettier. my eyes will get you. i am still waiting to hear back from hooters.
 Cat*Eyes
Msg: 41
view profile
History
The Shape of a Face
Posted: 1/30/2010 12:45:22 AM
I went and read that article before posting here. I have nothing to say about the article. It seems, real Mates often look alike . Just a note, a man with a 30 inch waist is a phyical turn on for me. My waist is smaller because I am a girl. Getting back on subject about facial stucture, I would like a man with high cheek bones as I have, a short forehead and cat looking slant of eyes, just like myself. The guys with the long faces, downward eyes, and a big forehead are not really on the same wave level as me.
In summary, I do think there is something to take in account in regards to facial stucture of mating people.
 Arabianangel
Msg: 42
The Shape of a Face
Posted: 1/30/2010 12:51:23 AM
This thread is a cosmetic surgeons dream!
 peppermint petunias
Msg: 43
The Shape of a Face
Posted: 1/30/2010 4:19:40 AM

My opinion of this topic is very low. I am amazed people have discussed
it as if it is serious but then I should have learned not to be surprised
by anything here.

It is a refreshing change from web cam sex and spying on lovers..gawd You don't like the topic go back to your" fav" things. geez * rolls eyes*

op you rock..it's fun.

You have a very interesting face op..and pretty. Most people don't have both.
hard to tell on some of these profile pics with lighting blinding them what they really look like.

I like high foreheads on women, and some of my buddies do not

Tell your buddies a woman with a high forehead rocks..

So
 Discerning Virtuosa
Msg: 44
The Shape of a Face
Posted: 1/30/2010 10:23:31 AM

When I'm out with some of my male friends, they pick the most bizarre things to criticize about women we see. "Ew, her elbows are too pointy" "Ew, did you see how long her fingers were?" "Ew, her kneecaps are too round"

Personally, I think they just say things like this to have a reason not to approach women, and to have a sense of feeling like the rejecter instead of the rejectee, but that's a separate matter altogether.

Yes - That's just life. Most men will always be attracted to a woman's shape or dimensions as well.
I would never reject someone based on face shape but one cannot help having their own idea of what is attractive to them.
Have you ever noticed in mug shots on the news that the person usually looks the part?
A picture is worth a thousand words, and many times it is easy to see if a person is generally miserable and unhappy or have lived a rough life just by looking at their face and eyes. There is always the possiblity of a long term illness or some kind of trauma, but most of the time, if you were to walk into a tiny neighborhood bar and look at the regulars, they look like they belong there. I think someone's lifestyle can show in their face.
 RushLuv
Msg: 45
The Shape of a Face
Posted: 1/30/2010 10:45:31 AM

Recently, I wandered into an article indicating that the shape of someone's face can be indicative of a person's personality.

Oh? I happened to have a well, rounded, face, but I'm not sure what that has to do with my personality. Then again, this topic is rather intriguing, simply because I have never seen it put in that way.

A picture is worth a thousand words, and many times it is easy to see if a person is generally miserable and unhappy or have lived a rough life just by looking at their face and eyes.

I agree. Particularly if drug use is/was involved. I noticed some people that used drugs in the past, usually look older than what they are.

The original topic was dumb enough...it keeps getting worse as it goes on

It amazes me how some people around these forums, claim to find certain topics to be rather stupid, but still find the time to make a contribution.
 colt8301
Msg: 46
The Shape of a Face
Posted: 1/30/2010 12:54:39 PM
(i.e.: must have a chin and not a whimpy one, unique nose, wide-open/inquisitive eyes, not too round overall, etc.) Has anyone else thought about or noticed they have a "face type" ????

Never really paid much attention to face shape, but now that I think about it, The woman i were involved with all had heart-shaped faces and high cheekbones. oh well.
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 47
The Shape of a Face
Posted: 1/30/2010 1:48:12 PM

verygreeneyez, thanks for posting the split-your-face generator link! That is fun. I turn out to be two completely different people... but that's okay, one of them was gorgeous!

All right, the other one, not so much, but hey, ya can't have everything.

I think everyone should give that a whirl, whether you want to use your own photo or someone else's. It's pretty much bound to make you laugh! (Unless you're remarkably symmetrical and then it'll just look like every photo of you.)

Hmmm, I wonder if I have a picture of my cat facing the camera straight on... is she really as perfectly even-featured as I think?

I know, wasn't that fun?

^^^^I can read facial expressions.
I cannot tell, and neither can you, if a person is sensuous by how
full his/her lips are, if a person is stingy if they have a big nose,
or if they are stubborn if they have an underbite.

And how do you KNOW what someone else can or can not do? No offense, but for someone who thinks this topic is stupid, you sure spend a lot of time in here. (Just an observation.)
 DiannaBall
Msg: 48
The Shape of a Face
Posted: 1/30/2010 1:52:31 PM
People's expressions actually can be read very well; if you are paying attention to their faces whaile talking to them; not web camming. I just think it is better to do all of this in person; yanno? And if this thread is so lame to you, why keep posting in it? I am sure there are web cammers ready and willing....I mean lets talk about what isn't bright ...lol Gawd OP; sometimes it is easy to read people sometimes it isn't.
 peppermint petunias
Msg: 49
The Shape of a Face
Posted: 1/30/2010 2:15:52 PM
The shape of the face and characteristics of the face is a refreshing topic.

My opinion of this topic is very low.

Yet this is the 3rd or 4rth? time you are posting in it...geeeez

Personal opinions don't rank high.

No thread crashers.....party poopers please

I am amazed people have discussed
it as if it is serious

No we are having fun and adding different dimensions to it as directed by the op:

Example: 2 halves of a face together brought into it.

This was a topic on how face can determine personality I thought,
not what shape face we are attracted to.

It is a thread about faces and is evolving ..or was into quite a bit of fun and not a whiney pity or pervy thread..
Now don't e mail me anymore.

The original topic was dumb enough...

Says....who?

it keeps getting worse as it goes on

Then by all means..depart. Stop participating if you think it is dumb.

I'm fascinated by people, and love people watching.
I'm actually taking notes about the responses here. and the 'faces' behind those responses.
I've already made some noteworthy conclusions....

We all are..

I think most of are having fun. Thank you verygreeneyesz...

And how do you KNOW what someone else can or can not do? No offense, but for someone who thinks this topic is stupid, you sure spend a lot of time in here. (Just an observation.)

I was thinking the VERY same thing.

I am a "famtasamakisti" face reader.
OP:
Like before I think shape from birth isn't a big factor of actual personality per se, but a lot does seem to have bearing on peoples perceptions and ther fore those perceptions of us through others eyes over years probably do affect us and thus some of our personality traits.

Now if that isn't an interesting topic..what the heck is?
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 50
The Shape of a Face
Posted: 1/30/2010 2:30:17 PM

It is a thread about faces and is evolving ..or was into quite a bit of fun and not a whiney pity or pervy thread..
Now don't e mail me anymore.

****Snort****

~OT~ This thread makes me wonder something. If the people who don't have a "type" whether face or othewise ~ how do they determine attraction? You can't "see" personality, so what instigates attraction to begin with? A few lines in a profile (when online)? A glance (when in person)? But wouldn't that glance be something facial??? Hmmm.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > The Shape of a Face