Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > jealousy and insecurity in a relationship      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 valenciacityx
Msg: 33
jealousy and insecurity in a relationshipPage 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
never go into battle without an exit strategy.

if you lob the first grenade and start a relationship.... should you really be surprise when it blows up in your face ?
 Proventus
Msg: 34
jealousy and insecurity in a relationship
Posted: 1/1/2011 9:23:54 PM

I think that in the long range scheme of things, you have to trust someone until they prove you wrong.
I'm a trusting soul. Not because I'm such a good man. lol. It's actually quite greedy of me. Trusting completely lets you fall in love so much quicker and deeper. Can you get hurt? Maybe, but you'll hurt anyway if they cheat no matter if you love them hard or only a bit. Now someone might say, "but you'll hurt more." I don't agree. ANY toothache frigging hurts worse than the last. lol

Besides, wouldn't it be a bummer to have lived in fear for 30 years when you could have been having the time of your life? The payoff is just to big for me to not go for the whole enchilada. But like I said before, I'm a greedy SOB. I want it all. lol.
 writercookmt
Msg: 35
Posted: 1/4/2011 2:59:00 AM
That show says more about the cheat-ees than it does the cheaters.

If a person is suspicious, they should go to the other person rather than allow some tabloid show to profit off of the interworkings of their relationship.
 x_file
Msg: 36
Posted: 1/5/2011 3:10:02 AM

My question is, why get into a relationship where you know it's probably going to fail in the first place?

One likely answer: It's the best some people can do.

A failed relationship is better than no relationship. I gather that's the logic people who do such thing use.
 thetrick123
Msg: 37
Posted: 1/5/2011 3:52:37 AM
I personally have never gone into any relationship with the thought that it was going to fail. I have witnessed a few close friends and their relationships were jealousy was an all encompassing part of their lives, very toxic. But some individuals thrive on this kind of drama. Learn from your past in regards to your future relationships, try hard to not let baggage from the past seep into what could be a potentially good union.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > jealousy and insecurity in a relationship