Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Men in their 60s      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Blue-Eyes-Shine
Msg: 51
view profile
History
Men in their 60sPage 3 of 27    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27)
Oldkid says "I'm thinking a woman in her 40s is almost at her end - then comes menopause and she becomes a non-sexual person while men in their 70s and 80s are still looking to get laid. Sad reality but true."

I don't know if the part of this sentence is true about men, but I definately know the statement about women is far from reality and not true.

All I can say is men, if you are meeting women that are not interested in sex, it means they are not interested in sex with you, but don't lose hope, the next woman maybe really into you. Try some romance...which seems to be a lost art, but much appreciated by the ladies.
 Blue-Eyes-Shine
Msg: 52
view profile
History
Men in their 60s
Posted: 2/4/2010 8:23:17 PM
sgtprove says "Men in their 60's live alone and like it.........while some women live alone and look it !!!"

I don't understand this statement, could you explain.
 MAGIC_MARCO
Msg: 53
view profile
History
Men in their 60s
Posted: 2/4/2010 8:33:46 PM

old men do not have sex. no one wants to envision old men having sex!!!!!! ...and to think, these old coots actually think any woman in her 30's or 40's would even entertain the idea. this is beyond disgusting. the mere mention should be outlawed! ...and to think these old goats actually consider themselves too "hot" for women their age. wobbling beer bellies, balding heads, flabby skin and all. boy, i wanna see *that* humping around!!!!!!! ::::::::shudder:::::::::: they are not only losing their bodies, they are losing their minds!!!!!!!!!!!!! this thread is like watching a train wreck in slo-mo!

Question: Has there ever been a more aptly named poster?
 Brizo
Msg: 54
view profile
History
Men in their 60s
Posted: 2/4/2010 9:43:18 PM

66 or 76 would be a little more appropriate for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! where do people like you get off on even thinking a 46 yr old would look at you????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! not in your dreams. some people are completely out of touch with reality. Irony????? Yeah, it *sure* is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay,I'm not 46, I'm 49, but I was looking at him....and regretful that he was in Boston, and too far away...

OT, I don't generally date men a decade older than me, but that's because I'm afraid of the way they were raised and what role they might expect from me. I find the traditional gender roles stifling for both the man and the woman. I usually click a bit better with men whose mothers worked outside the home, sometimes that's a bit younger.

I don't think the on site flakiness has anything to do with being 60, or even this site. It has to do with the internet in general. People sometimes have trouble realizing these are not characters or personas, they are real fellow human beings. And so people treat others in ways they would never dare to in person, where they might anger the other person or worse yet, see them hurt by their actions or words.
 arwen52
Msg: 55
view profile
History
Men in their 60s
Posted: 2/4/2010 9:57:10 PM
I suppose the answer to that is going to vary with the man.

Get clear about what *you* want and if they don't qualify, move on to the next.
 arwen52
Msg: 56
view profile
History
Men in their 60s
Posted: 2/4/2010 10:13:30 PM
I'm thinking a woman in her 40s is almost at her end - then comes menopause and she becomes a non-sexual person while men in their 70s and 80s are still looking to get laid. Sad reality but true.

old men do not have sex. no one wants to envision old men having sex!!!!!! ...and to think, these old coots actually think any woman in her 30's or 40's would even entertain the idea. this is beyond disgusting. the mere mention should be outlawed! ...and to think these old goats actually consider themselves too "hot" for women their age. wobbling beer bellies, balding heads, flabby skin and all. boy, i wanna see *that* humping around!!!!!!! ::::::::shudder:::::::::: they are not only losing their bodies, they are losing their minds!!!!!!!!!!!!! this thread is like watching a train wreck in slo-mo!

These two are kind of made for each other. Both of them are trapped by some pretty screwy ideas.

I'd mention an amazing encounter I had with a 62 yr. old guy the other day, but I don't know if that would be a good idea or not. He's in great shape for his age, fun to be with, and still adventurous. He's a good lover and he knows how to treat a woman. As for me, sex just keeps getting better and I'm finding some great partners. None of them are LTR material so far but they make great short-term company. I feel sorry for people who make assumptions about people they don't really know. They may be overlooking some very good possibilities. But then again, if they are that narrow-minded, they don't deserve it.
 oldkid
Msg: 57
view profile
History
Men in their 60s
Posted: 2/5/2010 6:53:38 AM
Sorry that my commets stirred the pot and obviously upset a couple of ladies. Let me explain both from my personal experience and that of others. You may also want to review the thread on menopause.

When I speak of older women, I speak of those who are well through menopause (not just stopped their monthly). Usually this occurs somewhere between 55 and 65. It seems that their physical interest in sex is much diminshed. That is not to say that they won't have a sexual relationship with a partner but their primary purpose is the intimacy and making their partner happy. That is different than the woman who has a sexual drive to satisfy herself and enjoys her orgasim. I know this is a generalization and some women come through the whole experience with their hormones and sexuality intact but many do not. It is not their fault, it is just mother nature dealing a very cruel blow to the older generation. I have discussed this with several older women and countless men; my conclusions seem to reflect their feelings also.

You can also see this play out in most retirement communities and many senior social events. There will be a few women that most of the men flock around while many women receive little or no attention from the men in the community. You can guess which women came through menopause with their sexuality intact.

Would one of you ladies please start a thread about women in their 60s? I think it could be very informative for most of us.
 kari135
Msg: 58
view profile
History
Men in their 60s
Posted: 2/5/2010 7:02:48 AM

Well here we are in another thread that has turned into a Male VS Female battle.

That certainly wasn't my intention, Hollis. The question was serious, or as serious as I ever get.

For all those who s eem to think I don't have enough of a brain to just ask, that's how I got the various answers I listed. If a man who is 3 years older than me says he's looking for an ltr, this is his lifestyle, yada yada, and I send him a message asking just what he's really after, I do kind of expect (silly me for having any expectations at all) more of an answer than "someone who wants sex 24/7." Or another man two years younger, same criteria, I ask what he's looking for - and I get back "You're too old. I have a 6 year old daughter and I want a stepmother for her." I'm not interested in being a stepmother to a young child, but good grief, if I'm too old and I'm only 2 years older than he is, what does that make him?

Then there are the posters who say 'just pass by anyone,...' blah blah blah. What they don't seem to get is that everyone's experiences are dependent on the size of the local pool. Stats for my area are way different than those for, say, Boston, Chicago, NYC, anywhere in California and most of the Pacific Northwest. But if I say so, I'm just being a whiny **** who can't get a date but really needs to get laid. (I won't say which gender seems to come up with that line more often, either.)

I see plenty of attractive (to me) men on the forum, bright, articulate, able to communicate in words of more than one syllable... but alas, none of you are here. Hell, you aren't even all in the same country or continent, forget about being in the same state.
 damassteel
Msg: 59
view profile
History
Men in their 60s
Posted: 2/5/2010 7:58:10 AM
This "Fluffybrain" person does not faze me in the least. I KNOW what my life with the ladies is like. That bitter cynical person masquerading as a ration being needs to spout all of that rubbish meant somehow to undermine anyone with less than a modicum of self confidence and self esteem. Guys like me blow that crap off without a second look back. That person has no idea,I'm sure, of just how foolish and immature they come off; but let hem be, as their entertainment value justifies the occasional chuckle.
 WaywardWynde
Msg: 60
view profile
History
Men in their 60s
Posted: 2/5/2010 11:07:43 AM

get my level of education

Level of education has no place in a discussion of social interaction capabilities of XY's over age 60. For education has no intrinsic value at all, other than to indicate one has an IQ greater than 85. Meaning, 80 IQ types don't go to college to sit on their butts for four years or more, therefore those who do sit on their butts for four years or more **average** higher.

I've seen business executives flatly state that getting an MBA should be considered a felony. Take 'em directly to jail upon graduation.

Did you know that Al Einstein (a sailor, BTW, like me, right?) was so poor in algebra he had to develop a totally separate way of doing the math to explain the Theory of Relativity? I do understand algebra, but me, I was so uneducated when I first read The Theory I had not yet graduated 10th grade.
 thecatsmeoww
Msg: 61
Men in their 60s
Posted: 2/5/2010 11:55:32 AM

Did you know that Al Einstein (a sailor, BTW, like me, right?) was so poor in algebra he had to develop a totally separate way of doing the math to explain the Theory of Relativity? I do understand algebra, but me, I was so uneducated when I first read The Theory I had not yet graduated 10th grade.

I was never good at algebra, math was not a strong point of mine. However I was chatting one day with a Financial Planner and he was explaining to me in detail how a particular investment worked. While he was explaining I was calculating it out in my mind. By the time he finished I had the end figure. So when he finished speaking I stated oh so in the end you have x amount of dollars!! He was totally shocked because he was about to sit down and start doing the math to get the end figure..

I saved him the trouble.. He sat down a did it anyway and said your right on.

I think a whole lot of learning has to do with focus.. To keep this on topic I think men in their 60's are generally speaking more focused..

thecatsmeoww
 MAGIC_MARCO
Msg: 62
view profile
History
Men in their 60s
Posted: 2/5/2010 11:56:10 AM

keep telling yourselves that. it doesn't change the facts. what are you people going to do, admit the truth to yourselves? i have absolutely no empathy for you old coots. you might as well hear what younger, highly educated, well-off, good looking women really think. normally, i would feel too sorry for you people to say a word, but you brought it on yourselves. quite frankly, i don't care enough to try to undermine you. the audacity of loud obnoxious old men actually making assumptions that women of my caliber would actually look at you, and then to somehow crap all over the women who do look at you. it's time you got a dose of reality.

Reality ? Really?
I don't think many here want it from YOU, an anonymous bomb thrower and BS artist. I don't date anyone your supposed age anyway, and this rant is precisely why . Way too immature and no view of reality and inevitability.

" younger, highly educated, well-off, good looking women "
Most likely , older, drop out, mooch, skank.

Get an identity ,...and a life
 7iron
Msg: 63
Men in their 60s
Posted: 2/5/2010 2:00:13 PM
I think fluffybrain has a mentor about my age living in my area, pretty sure I met her on here a while back. I got away as fast as I could but it was a close call.

On a serious note, today is "wear red day" in respect to women with heart disease and the women who have died from it.

7iron
 tallman061
Msg: 64
Men in their 60s
Posted: 2/5/2010 2:56:02 PM
Stumbled onto this forum. How funny. Here is a 42 yr old trying to talk about men 60 and over. He does not even have a clue about himself let alone anyone else. Looks like he even took the time to get his dictonary out..LOL.

Now lets come down to fact! In all females profiles the age limit is up to 55. So i guess men over the age of 55 are not able to get it up.....lol. Now if a man is looking for someone younger than she is. Then the talk about him begins. But if a woman is looking for someone younger than herself......then that is fine. Now the talk about how a 60 yr old cannot get it up......LOL without some sort of stimulant...lol. Problem with single sites is almost everyone sees it like a Candy Store....all sorts of flavors to choose from. So why settle for one flavor when their is another waiting in line. As for myself I am looking for 'ONE'. If we like each other then take the time to improve the relationship from the Like into something more. Every woman that I have meet for coffee and conversations all say they like me, and that I am a good man. Also want to keep in contact with me thru mail or messenger. But when asked to meet a second time. Their reply is: I want to see how the next man will be like and so on and so no. Then she wonders why she has not found the Right One. There are women in PoF that have been here since 05 and still looking. WHY! They prefer to put the blame on the men instead of on themselves. Yes, Men do the same!
 WaywardWynde
Msg: 65
view profile
History
Men in their 60s
Posted: 2/5/2010 3:09:06 PM

education has everything to do with lifestyle, income, career in today's society.

You might want to check your "facts", and how they relate to XY's over age 60 in the context of their interest in XX companionship. Intelligence and birth order are highly correlated to lifestyle, income and career. Education only vaguely so, and then only because the second shift at the car wash didn't bother to go to college, figuring -- accurately -- no one at the car wash cares.

So, let's leave absent from any discussion of "men in their 60's" the assertion that one who sat in one place for a long time might somehow be more qualified to comment on such men and how such men view potential relationships with women.
 lonelydavid77
Msg: 66
Men in their 60s
Posted: 2/5/2010 3:18:53 PM
...So, the question remains: what DO men in their 60s want?..

As can be evidenced, it is as varied as the men who would dare to respond. Personally, to have someone that is available to do things with, whether or not it leads to sharing life full time together, would depend on the circumstance of how we felt about each other and what discussions had lead to. For both male and female in this age group, we have lived a lot of years, we have come to anticipate certain reactions to actions, and in some cases to be rewarded for some of those actions.

ED is a much talked about issue, medications can erectify that situation.

Personally, I would like to meet a person with whom I am comfortable discussing any topic, doing varied things together, not being ashamed of nudity around them and having a full monogamous relationship. If it happens, I won't be here anymore!!

I currently have no special lady in my life, but am communicting with several all across the country, some just for chat, some because we have a common interest (internet game), and some because I like them and they like me. Life is not over at 60, or 65, for some of us it is a new beginning of the next chapter of our lives. We travelled a long and winding road to get here, and it would be good to have less hairpin curves coming upon us. We adapted in our younger days, and we shall do the same in our "Golden Years", just not with the same amount of visual vigor, but mentally, I don't think the vigor has diminished at all, only the tools with which are able to show it with.
 kari135
Msg: 67
view profile
History
Men in their 60s
Posted: 2/5/2010 4:16:25 PM

education has everything to do with lifestyle, income, career in today's society. it also it governs our paradigms and many other aspects of our lives.

It actually doesn't. Some of the best educated people I've met never finished high school. All a degree does is demonstrate that you can finish something you started, it doesn't make you smarter or better or kinder or any such thing. It also won't assure you of a comfortable retirement, assuming you're looking forward to that some day.
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 68
Men in their 60s
Posted: 2/5/2010 4:23:30 PM
"mad cow disease in cattle is called bovine spongiform encephalopathy"

"spongiform /spon·gi·form/ (spun´jĭ-form) resembling a sponge. spon·gi·form (sp n j -fôrm ). adj. Resembling a sponge, as in appearance or porosity" ~~ I.e., "fluffy"

Velly interesting, lol!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
As for the guy who wants a thread on over 60 women: *this* thread on the guys was started by a woman, so feel free to start that thread. . . .

*mae* flowers
Msg: 69
Men in their 60s
Posted: 2/5/2010 6:32:04 PM
..I must confess, I am the type of woman who feels the best is yet to come. I exude confidence, have a great sense of humour and am not afraid to try new things. Like skydiving and bungee jumping....just to name a few.
And I think it would be great to ride on the back of a Harley....imagine the cute little leather outfits I could wear.
Intelligence, you need not worry....I exude intelligence. I make it my business to know what's going on in the world.... ask any of my friends. They will tell you that I read Cosmo, The Inquirer, and watch tv "all the time". Go ahead....ask me anything.

I am definitely comfortable in my own skin...it may not be as tight and firm as it used to be....ok, to be perfectly honest...there are a few jiggly bits and the girls don't stand at attention anymore....but it's not half bad......and I'm confident in my sexuality...Victoria secret still fits.

Funny you should mention spooning...I like it, I like it a lot. And as I'm sure you are aware....one of the best things about spooning...it usually leads to forking (lol)

Sunday mornings, sleeping in, sharing the paper.....I get the entertainment section. And Timmy's coffee, you do have a Tim Hortons right?....all that and having my own space too.... Hey, I can do that.

...mae
 kari135
Msg: 70
view profile
History
Men in their 60s
Posted: 2/5/2010 6:43:45 PM
Oh, Mae, you took the words right off my keyboard!

ooops... Dunno where 3 dogs would fit on the back of that Harley, but I'm sure I could figure soumething out. Now, all I need to do is find that fairy with the magic wand, the one ready to waft me off halfway across the country.
 nemeski
Msg: 71
Men in their 60s
Posted: 2/5/2010 7:14:08 PM
So hrlyguy,

How do you feel about 'harems'?

WHY are you still on POF?? (Just kidding...)

~nemeski
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 72
Men in their 60s
Posted: 2/5/2010 8:09:48 PM

And a Sunday morning in "flannel jammies", wrapped up under the blankets with the newspaper spread all over the bed and a coffee maker on the night table sounds like a pretty good way to start a week! (Unless of course, there is a good ride planned!)

...A good ride planned?

Yeah, your right.... sounds like a terrific way to start a week. * Varoom, varoom*

...mae
 Wyenot01
Msg: 73
Men in their 60s
Posted: 2/5/2010 8:15:22 PM
Me bad. I thought HRLYGUY was code for Hourly Guy, meaning he'd be mine for however long I could afford.

I had no idea it meant a bike, and a ride.

Just bringing a little levity to the table.
 meegway
Msg: 74
Men in their 60s
Posted: 2/5/2010 8:47:00 PM
Thus why long email conversations should be avoided. As far as I'm concerned anybody here can spend hours tweeking their profiles or writing emails, but is that how they really come across when you meet them in person. Don't waste so much time on getting to know someone. Meet them somewhere very public and see what their personality is like. You will then know if it should continue or not. People spend way too much time here trying to find the perfect somebody and I truly believe the majority will never find that. Accept the fact that you will have to accept someone with all their little quirks or that singledom is the way to go.
 kari135
Msg: 75
view profile
History
Men in their 60s
Posted: 2/5/2010 8:59:10 PM

....and to stay on topic, yes, that is what guys in their sixties are looking for...someone to awaken the "Varoom"!

Gee, I dunno about awakening anything... I thought it was all about adjusting the carburetor and fine tuning it for maximum performance.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Men in their 60s