Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Men in their 60s      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 stejos
Msg: 101
view profile
History
Men in their 60sPage 5 of 27    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27)
Thanks for the vote of confidence "thecatsmeoww,:")I believe there are still lots of men, and women like yourself that fit the pattern. Here's hoping anyway

Steve
 Brizo
Msg: 102
view profile
History
Men in their 60s
Posted: 2/8/2010 9:03:33 AM

hey, remember when you were a kid and you thought those old folk who were telling stories from years ago were crazy...and you swore you'd never be like that???? well, you've turned into it...and you don't even seem to know it!!!!!!!!!!!! they probably didn't know it either!!!!!!!! now, who was it that said "history repeats itself?"...

When I was a kid I was stupid enough to think they had nothing to tell me. Now I know better, and do not discount their quavering stories. The fact they can smile, and carry on after losing children, and spouses, and jobs, health, and sometimes, even their minds makes me want to stand up and cheer. How dare I, with my fortunate life in affluent eras, believe I'm better...

I have no superior claim to love because I'm younger than they are. Love happens to the unfortunate looking, to the obese, to the elderly also. And yep, sometimes they breed too. Love isn't elitist, it's the most egalitarian gift, and comes to those who strive to give love. There is no one more or less deserving unless it involves character. Appearance does not infer deservedness...

If I grow older fighting what is inevitable, denying my own beauty because it has changed, where is the grace in that? Even the most well preserved 70 year old is going to have age spots, loose skin, etc...going around hating myself because I'm not what I used to be would be a ridiculous waste of time. I could only live with what I have, and own it with respect.
 lonelydavid77
Msg: 103
Men in their 60s
Posted: 2/8/2010 12:28:45 PM
I think this little snippet says a lot for both sexes:

whether we are going to have the good fortune to share them with someone or not..

Whether we have lost our previous loves through divorce or death, it remains the same, will we find that good part that we cherished so much again? I know I often find myself wondering.

Men in their 60s don't change much, other than their age. Most of can confess that:
We mellow out, we take our time doing some things, and in doing other things we become a bit more fiesty. All in all, I think if we were given a chance, we probably would surprize ourselves at what we can and can't do for someone willing to take the time to check us out!
 Brizo
Msg: 104
view profile
History
Men in their 60s
Posted: 2/8/2010 4:38:46 PM
well, that's a first....

I'm seven years older than you. You have to be, without a doubt, one of the rudest posters I've ever encountered. In addition, you have no grace and little self-awareness. Clueless. Ten years separates the old from the young?

cat on a hot tin roof

I'm glad I'm old
released from the
hormone driven
howling
Siamese yowling
posturing
ridiculous conceit
thinking I
sat upon a special
treat

when my head
and my heart
is what
set me
apart
and
made sex memorable
from the start
 toolateagain
Msg: 105
Men in their 60s
Posted: 2/8/2010 5:15:19 PM
Have you ever noticed, the most mouthy ones never post a picture, I wonder why?
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 106
Men in their 60s
Posted: 2/8/2010 5:16:28 PM
Briz ~~ I think it's been established that the particular poster in question has Bovine Spongiform Encephalopathy. . . . And is also a 14 year old boy with zits posting in his grandmother's knotty pine paneled rec room. I do wish sumbuddy would remove the exclamation point from his keyboard though. Gets ollllllllllllddddddddddddd, lol!

tinkerbellcgy
Msg: 107
view profile
History
Men in their 60s
Posted: 2/8/2010 5:17:35 PM

^^^You seem a little wound up. I'll let you have sex with me for $5.00.

Buyer beware - don't pay upfront! Get the goods first and once you've got them then negotiate, negotiate, negotiate! In these days of a depressed economy, you need to get the best bang for your buck!

Okay, okay. $4.50. Final offer.

C'mon, you can get a better deal that $4.50. Negotiate some more.
 lonelydavid77
Msg: 108
Men in their 60s
Posted: 2/8/2010 5:53:28 PM
Well, I think possibly th earea Moderator has done his/her duty! removed her remarks and extended her a session of time for no further posting!

Back on topic tho, being older is not a disease, it is a licence for more experience, some of us get our permenant status, but some are still using the graduated learning curve and may never pass the exam!
 DivineBovine
Msg: 109
view profile
History
Men in their 60s
Posted: 2/8/2010 5:55:31 PM
^^^good riddance to bad rubbish.

the pseudo-psycho-babble was unending and designed to foment even more of a battle between the sexes.

men in their 60s are closer to my mother's age than mine, i just can't go there - yet.

ask me after my birthday this summer if i still feel the same way!

lonelydavid77
Msg: 110
Men in their 60s
Posted: 2/8/2010 6:12:17 PM

....men in their 60s are closer to my mother's age than mine, i just can't go there - yet...

Not that you may ever find yourself there, but throughout my life I have known many women that have dated, married or had long relationships with guys that were much older than themselves. It can work, for both parties it takes some extra TLC, but it can work.

Dating someone younger is a challange, as I am sure dating someone older is as well, having experienced both sides of the coin, I know it can and does work. Not all will end in a lasting til death do us part scenario, but I know there can be a lot of good times had by all.
 DivineBovine
Msg: 111
view profile
History
Men in their 60s
Posted: 2/8/2010 8:37:13 PM

Not that you may ever find yourself there, but throughout my life I have known many women that have dated, married or had long relationships with guys that were much older than themselves. It can work, for both parties it takes some extra TLC, but it can work.

i have posted here on this forum many times the fact that both of my parents, in their second marriages, were wed to much older spouses. my step-father is 16 years older than my mother. my step-mother was 15 years older than my father.

Dating someone younger is a challange, as I am sure dating someone older is as well, having experienced both sides of the coin, I know it can and does work.

i've had long term relationships with men 16 years older and 16 years younger than myself as well.

however, seeing the challenges my mother has faced in her relationship as my step-father's health deteriorated and she acted as his primary care-giver (until 2 years ago) has cemented my own desire to not become involved with someone that much older than myself ever again.
 thecatsmeoww
Msg: 112
Men in their 60s
Posted: 2/9/2010 1:35:33 AM

boring, peculiar, unhappy people come in all ages,
who you are won't be defined as to how old you are...

i don't mind what "his" age is...
(as long as he has big feet)...

I check out the length of their fingers..

thecatsmeoww
 damassteel
Msg: 113
view profile
History
Men in their 60s
Posted: 2/9/2010 4:57:11 AM

I check out the length of their fingers..

Why?
 thecatsmeoww
Msg: 114
Men in their 60s
Posted: 2/9/2010 5:08:02 AM

Why?

Indicates a testosterone level..

thecatsmeoww
 rearguard*2
Msg: 115
view profile
History
Men in their 60s
Posted: 2/9/2010 5:14:19 AM
So, my beautiful daughters with feet larger than my own are suffering from too much testosterone?

I don't think the local Lotharios would share your perceptions......
 thecatsmeoww
Msg: 116
Men in their 60s
Posted: 2/9/2010 6:11:23 AM

So, my beautiful daughters with feet larger than my own are suffering from too much testosterone?

I don't think the local Lotharios would share your perceptions......

Get away from the feet cause we are talking finger length here. It is an indication at birth how much testosterone this baby got..

thecatsmeoww
 rearguard*2
Msg: 117
view profile
History
Men in their 60s
Posted: 2/9/2010 6:22:13 AM
For some really hilarious results based on statistics, google "testosterone and finger length". Keep a ruler handy for measuring your fingers. It appears that they can determine whether or not you are homosexual or heterosexual!

This is even better than the global warming stuff......

Sorry ladies, based on this I have been barking up the wrong tree all these years!
 Rythmn
Msg: 118
view profile
History
Men in their 60s
Posted: 2/9/2010 10:40:18 AM
hmmm. i thought the rumor was that finger length told the length of the penis! not how much testosterone...or the width...or the sensuality....or what the guy knows about women. now with respect to women, is there a correlation with estrogen or breast size--counting "under" the push up bra, mind you. in conclusion maybe finger extensions will be the next fashion craze?

and, as to that rumor, sometimes it is on target and sometimes it is not...or so i heard!

as to aging, are you sayin' that the fingers will shrink over time?!* too funny! or maybe too sad?
 2Irish1
Msg: 119
Men in their 60s
Posted: 2/9/2010 11:49:51 AM

My intepretation is more about people going on about how people need to cleanse themselves by spilling all when they meet up with new people (and if they don't, they are hiding something).

who said anything about spilling all-over new people when they meet-up...he spilled here to we new people...nope imo@your def...not over it
 moraima
Msg: 120
view profile
History
Men in their 60s
Posted: 2/9/2010 12:57:55 PM
"My intepretation is ................. "

Man said it once. I will change my mind if he posts about how important it is to find out about every pain the new person has suffured and make sure that he tells them all about is pain going back decades.

B I G difference between one post and a hundered or two or three on the subject.
 2Irish1
Msg: 121
Men in their 60s
Posted: 2/9/2010 1:50:04 PM

Man said it once.

Pffft...apparently you're confused...opening ones soul here is different how...and he hasn't said it just once...but, we'll try as might not to break the cross posting rules..ahem...and sooo...posting it across the world in fora is different...smiles...your arguement fits your agenda...

Because you see...that he's vulnerable enough after all these years to be open enough and talk about his loss...is soooo much different then the close-heartedness that I've been reading for so long. And I'm sure he's been working on himself, too.
 moraima
Msg: 122
view profile
History
Men in their 60s
Posted: 2/9/2010 2:30:03 PM
From the little I have seen, some men in their 60's are very into pissing contest about their pain, and some of the women do it too.

Maybe part of the problem with both men and women as they get to their 60's is that they just don't keep busy enough, and minds wonder to the past.
 toolateagain
Msg: 123
Men in their 60s
Posted: 2/9/2010 4:26:11 PM
The best part of the 60' s is the music, as far as the rest of it make new memories.You can't change the past but you can create a great future & it doesn't matter how old you are. The past is alot like family, you can't choose'm so your stuck with it, but the future can be like friends you can pick the best & go for it.
That's my definition of men in their 60's
 2Irish1
Msg: 124
Men in their 60s
Posted: 2/9/2010 4:31:11 PM

The past is alot like family, you can't choose'm so your stuck with it, but the future can be like friends you can pick the best & go for it.

Well, I've the 60's in sight, but, Mr. tool, that's a great analogy of our past...hey, sometimes family ain't so bad.
 moraima
Msg: 125
view profile
History
Men in their 60s
Posted: 2/9/2010 4:46:45 PM
We must be wear different glasses

Not all say their pain is worse, but some use it to prove what nice men or nice women they are (over and over).

It only makes sense for people grieving their losses for whatever reason for the first number of years. However, when they define themselves many years later by all the pain they have gone through, I see people who haven't developed a happy lifestyle in the here and now.

I can only hope that people have done everything they needed to do to help in the past when it was the past.

It makes more sense to me to do what I can in the here and now to do what needs to be done today.

I quit posting in a specific thread, but watched for a few days. It started to remind me of a movie I saw years ago about people in rehab for addictions. They were sit around on the grass sharing all their stories about what their lives were like when they were addicted (normal group therapy help group activity). However, they were all getting off on their stories. Finally the main character stood up, and said something like "I am done with this. It has stopped being about finding a way to get better, and has become getting high on our stories of getting high".

In our 60's, we sure have had more chances of having many serious and painful things happen to us in our lives. No, I don't believe that 60 yr men and women are getting off on their past pain. I do see some however, who define themselves so deeply by the pain they have been through, that repeating the stories has stopped recovery, and has started to become a lifestyle.

Certain people have posted about when they share what they have been through, and the pain they have gone through others, tell them how strong and wonderful they are. Indeed people have to be strong to go through many things, but constantly parading it, in my opinion causes as much harm as good to the people who do it.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Men in their 60s