Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > In a relationship but still on dating sites?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 UnknownWisdom
Msg: 112
In a relationship but still on dating sites?Page 6 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
That would be a good reason for me to drop the man, If I was looking for anything near serious.
It is simply a form of deceit. Yeah, they are not interested in dating, but they advertise for it and keep checking on it......PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!! Have enough guts to be honest, for C............sake, I would tell him.
 5sammy
Msg: 113
view profile
History
In a relationship but still on dating sites?
Posted: 2/20/2010 9:07:54 PM
maybe he just doesn't want to delete his profiles - they do take people a little bit of effort to fill out, it seems. let me put this way: eliminating those profiles wouldn't keep him from looking out for something better, if that is indeed his motives.
 andi1979
Msg: 114
Posted: 2/20/2010 10:50:00 PM
I'm married and am still on POF because I like reading the forums... and giving my two sense. When I am in a relationship with someone, I just change my status and profile to reflect my current situation. I'm not single and I am not looking to meet anyone!!!

You said a friend of yours met a guy on a dating site and is upset that he still has a profile up.... the first thing I would ask is how many dates have they been on??? And, have they talked about being exclusive??? If they are "in a relationship" and this guy is still online, has he changed his profile to reflect that he is in a relationship???? Also, I don't know about all sites but on some sites you can see when the other person was last online.... is he online frequently or has he just left his profile online but not visit the site anymore???
 ChloeKY
Msg: 115
view profile
History
Posted: 3/26/2010 11:34:23 AM
It happens to the best of us. I just learned that I cant put all of my eggs in one basket; if a man is on other dating sites just tells me that he is still searching for the right one or a potential good roll in the hay!
 ChloeKY
Msg: 116
view profile
History
Posted: 3/26/2010 11:35:20 AM
I have to agree that the forums r pretty entertaining!
 1RandyD
Msg: 117
Posted: 3/26/2010 3:01:38 PM
This question has been raised quite a few times. Its the "Tiger Woods" syndrome. I so want to laugh at some of the answers that people paint to show the picture that they want you to see.

1. He/she just isn't that in to you but you will do till something better comes along or until the newness wears off... LOL

2. He/she IS a player cut and dry !

3. He /She needs constant affirmation.

4. He/She has not much of a life outside this box your looking at.

5. He/She is not emotionally available.

6. He/She is just here to have fun...(I'm so Smiling) but if they told you that, the fun would be over.

7. The forums..... They want to be a Doctor !

8. He/She is bored and lonely also see #4.

Be up front and ask, what do you have too lose???? Those listed above.

He/ She is not here, if you want to meet them go walk your dog in the park, develop an interest that gets you out of the house and around real in the flesh people.

One or two dates and still on line, totally understand, after that... You will do for now !

Madison900
Msg: 118
Posted: 3/26/2010 3:42:32 PM
He's STILL hunting....l always take down my profile when giving someone serious thought.(mines hidden at present) but l love adding my 2 cents worth in the forums.

l let the guy know lve taken mine down (if something has started between us)until weve
had a good chance to see if somethings going to work.
lts because the man in question isnt genuine!....still seeing who contacts him as another option to meet.
lf l see that the person lm seeing still leaves his profile up...lm suspicous about him and usually let him go anyway.l dont kick up a fuss...or hastle him over it,though ld ask why its there just once to see what his lame excuse is.
My instincts on his profile still up...is usually always right!!!

Purely that....no other reason for him to keep his profile on the site.
 cdnfinanceman
Msg: 119
Posted: 3/26/2010 3:47:36 PM
Your friend is naive , you should tell her that the Tooth Fairy doesnt exists either, then again she might be shocked.

If youre on other dating sites and you see your friends boyfriend on them, you should ask him why he has profiles on other sites when he' s dating your friend? this is your friend.

Now it could be because he tried other sites and hasnt gotten around taken them down, but if he's active on them you need to chat with him or beat his a$$.
 ftballfan97229
Msg: 120
view profile
History
Posted: 3/26/2010 4:26:40 PM
The same thing happened to me, except that he did agree to hide his profile, then about a week ago he started logging on and I found out. Now he doesn't even hide the fact he is so I took mine of too and basically told him to take a hike. If he had been honest and said he wasn't sure that would have been fine but to be honest it hurt my feelings that he wasn't honest more than thathe was still looking
 abyssimal1
Msg: 121
Posted: 3/26/2010 4:29:30 PM
I view pof as a tool - an end to a means - nothing more. Yeah, the forums are pretty entertaining at times, but when I met someone and engage in a full-out relationship with her, then I'll burn my profile, delete it and set it to sail on the winds. As far as staying on for the forums - nope.

I'm on Rivals.com (a college football enthusiast site), a books and authors site, and an audio-visual enthusiast site. Why? Because those are interests of mine.

I don't consider dating a "hobby", therefore I have no interest in this site once it ceases to be useful. The one I'm with will get my attention, not the thread entitled, "Why do men like bjs so much?"
 DebiDuzDishes
Msg: 122
Posted: 3/26/2010 4:32:06 PM
My ex b/f had a profile on singlesnet the whole time we were dating..

when i found this out.. he also is on Tagged and a few others.

when i confronted him.. The first site.. he doesnt know how to delete.. the 2nd.. hes there for the Appss(sure.. then why does he hide his computer screen when he writes stuff on there?)

Just the look of guilt on his face said it all.

Hes STILL on the dating site.. and has had a new g/f for 4 months. Go figure..
 *Just Jim*
Msg: 123
Posted: 3/26/2010 6:15:48 PM
I view pof as a tool - an end to a means - nothing more. Yeah, the forums are pretty entertaining at times, but when I met someone and engage in a full-out relationship with her, then I'll burn my profile, delete it and set it to sail on the winds. As far as staying on for the forums - nope.

I don't consider dating a "hobby", therefore I have no interest in this site once it ceases to be useful. The one I'm with will get my attention, not the thread entitled, "Why do men like bjs so much?

Yes, when your ship come in,it comes in.....and to still be looking here in convincing oneself it is really the real deal! omg...
Methink the ship has already has past you by, regardless of what new sweetie you with now.....sorry....imo

imo, tis best to sail with ships avec rudders and and can tack with the wind, and not with their anchor still dragging on the bottom at the same time.....imo
 abyssimal1
Msg: 124
Posted: 3/27/2010 12:36:10 PM
*Just Jim*
What in holy hell are you talking about? I'm not in a relationship right now. That's why I'm here. If I was I with someone, then I wouldn't be - pretty simple, actually.

Oh, and I wasn't going for a sailing image here - I meant my profile's ashes would be scattered to the winds.
 ktori
Msg: 125
view profile
History
Posted: 3/27/2010 4:18:28 PM
A lot of people keep an open mind until there's a commitment. That's probably normal. I think women do this more than men, and younger women especially always seem to have a guy on deck or on the back burner in case the current one doesn't work out. However if I found out my BF was still on dating sites I'd probably be really hurt.

Letting out signals that you're still looking is careless and hurtful. If it's intentional it's mean.

I told my BF about this one, that I just enjoy the forums and reading about relationships, and he's OK with it. I think if I looked like I was looking he'd be hurt too.
 CognacEyes
Msg: 126
view profile
History
Posted: 3/27/2010 7:18:12 PM
I completely agree with most people on here that said that keeping your profile active when you are in a relationship is disrespectful. Especially when you told your significant other that you made your profile invisible. Especially when they would always check it and if you have added them as your favorite you can see when they log in. Deceit and lies get a person nowhere. Are men on POF for real? That remains to be seen.
 AnEvilGenius1
Msg: 127
Posted: 8/22/2013 2:37:45 AM

A friend of mine met a guy on a dating site. When she started seeing him she hid her profile out of respect. However, the guy she's seeing is still on about 4 dating sites and this is hurting her even though she believes he's not seeing anyone but her. I'm staying out of this one but am very curious as to how many other people have been through this same exact thing?

He is not hurting her, she is doing it all to herself, and any time she feels like it she can climb down from her cross. She didn't take her profile down out of respect, she took it down hoping he would do the same and validate her.

If the guy is causing this much pain now, doing nothing, I can only imagine the size of the scars if he were to actually do something wrong.
 oldie_but_hottie
Msg: 128
view profile
History
Posted: 8/22/2013 3:57:11 PM
What does it mean he "IS on a dating site"? He has a profile on there that is up to date? He spends a lot of time there browsing other profiles? He is exchanging many messages with other members on there? He is meeting people from other sites in person? He is making monthly membership payments? More than one of the above?

ON some free sites you can just visit the forum and get entertained by whacky posts of nutty people ... maybe that's what it means to be on a dating site.
 illdouright
Msg: 129
Posted: 9/13/2013 1:14:19 PM
Its the other way around for me.Recently,I discovered that a guy contacted her on Facebook and told her "Women your looking goodWhy dont we just be friends."Well I could'nt really say much about that but,a week latter I saw where she had sent him her phone number and ask him to call.ThatReally hurt a lot and resulted in us permantly breaking up.When I mentioned it she denied any knowledge of it.She lied.This is the result of being on dating sites in a committed relationship.Hop this helps.
 John255317
Msg: 130
Posted: 9/13/2013 9:30:07 PM
^^^^^^^wow, that is encouraging if you think he may have another profile
 PlentyofSharks301
Msg: 131
Posted: 9/14/2013 2:55:38 PM
dealornodeel: So, because other sites charge a fee, you think there aren't any married men or other scammers on them? Really?
 sandpiper49
Msg: 132
Posted: 8/12/2017 9:47:23 AM
Hi iv been friendly with a guy for a few months now but I'm still on pof , I don't think there is anything wrong with that as we are friends.
 Cowgirlwannabe1
Msg: 133
view profile
History
Posted: 8/12/2017 1:09:44 PM
ya that's some happy horse sh*t right there
if both of you and I do mean both
sat down and decided to be exclusive with one another
and both said that you will take down your profiles
and then you found out he still has his and is checking in
my question first of all..is how did you find this out?
do you have spies that spotted him online?
or were you also tuned in and if so ...why?
 spanking_dolphin
Msg: 134
Posted: 8/17/2017 7:31:51 AM
A man can't forget how to fish or she wont respect him anymore. He has to keep his boat and practise fishing every now and then. She has to smell fish on him. She needs to stay in the matrix, take the blue pill and be happy because if she digs, she is going to find something.
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 135
Posted: 8/17/2017 8:08:35 AM
"that's some happy horse sh*t right there "

Does some horse shit suffer from depression ???
 Cowgirlwannabe1
Msg: 136
view profile
History
Posted: 8/17/2017 10:57:10 AM
hahaha ya some is downright droopy :)
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > In a relationship but still on dating sites?