Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Australia  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 LiliMarleen
Msg: 2
view profile
History
what do you do while your searching for mr right?Page 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
I decided at some point that I did not want to have casual sex anymore. So, I didn't have sex for a while. A long while. I didn't even date for a long time.

It was difficult at first, but became much less of a big deal after a while. When I started dating again, it took about a year until I met a man who was right for me. We waited about 3 months before having sex, and the whole thing is now so much more meaningful and intimate than it ever was in my old days of casual sex.

This is just my experience.
 lyingcheat
Msg: 10
view profile
History
what do you do while your searching for mr right?
Posted: 2/3/2010 4:49:51 PM

I'm dating 2 Mr Possibles. /snip/
I'm sort of ignoring the ex at the moment, he did something to annoy me.
But I have the bootie call, who is very pretty, and fine as long as he shuts up.
Neither of the 2 guys I am dating know about my lovers, or each other. /snip/
....I believe in being honest....

You are such a pretty girl I bet all those guys feel really lucky, and special, and valued.

Are you curious about whether or not any of your entourage are seeing or sleeping with other people? Like, have you asked any of the 2 Mr.Possibles, the ex, or the booty call/ers if they are, or do?
 Island home
Msg: 15
Posted: 2/4/2010 6:20:38 AM

I want substance in a friendship/relationship, not blisters, puss and penicillin.

Thank you Kate I found that a reassuring and profound reminder, with a poetic ring to it.
 Island home
Msg: 20
Posted: 2/5/2010 6:57:50 PM
Frankiepankie2
"So what do you guys do while waiting for Miss Right to come along? Do you have one nighters? Other casual sex? Flings with some one you like but wouldn't see yourself with seriously? Abstain?"

When remembered the occasional clearing of the pipes by hand,
always with great gratitude that I am no longer dominated by that thing in my hand.
Last ltr was about 4 year ago and was pleasantly surprised
with the ramp up in interest that occurred
of course that was 4 years ago,
you know what they say “use it or loose it”.
Guess it will be like a lucky dip next time.
If there is a next time.
As I am really only interested in true intimacy
I am always wary of an inappropriate attachment occurring bought on by the females
excessive production of oxytocin and fluffy thinking.

Fwb I have never been able to negotiate.
The threat of std is a factor in choosing to be less adventurous than one may be otherwise
Sex wrapped in plastic does not appeal
 robfish
Msg: 22
Posted: 2/10/2010 3:11:48 PM

Join the debating team. Become a master. Requires plenty of practice, but the rewards far outweigh the hardship.

Dangerous advice........apparently too much debating makes you go blind.......mass-debating that is!
 InSydney
Msg: 23
Posted: 2/10/2010 8:08:45 PM

What does one do? So you have a friend you call now and again... your dating ... do you keep your buddy? do you stop having sex all together? Is it fair on one, the other, neither? If you hold off you miss out, if you don't.. you risk sending out the wrong message or confusing sex with love/lust etc.

I assume you're referring to a "friend with benefits" here. As soon as I make a commitment to somebody new I would tell my "special friend" that from that point onwards all sexual contact will stop. I would most likely go one step further and tell her that I will stop all communication with her as well. For me, being committed means I have to focus on that person and nobody else. Being distracted with others can undermine your relationship with the person that you're committed to.
 qldblue
Msg: 24
Posted: 2/12/2010 4:52:19 AM
Maybe this topic should be changed to "what do you do while searching for mr or mrs right.

I would be interested in opinions of my fellow intelligent posters, c'mon people I was joking.

But here is a question for people, What do you do when you find Mr or Mrs right and they are not sure of where they want to be in a relationship?
 Island home
Msg: 25
Posted: 2/13/2010 1:50:32 AM
^^^AAhh fate her lawyer will meet your lawyer and they will be a perfect match.

Keep us posted
Show ALL Forums  > Australia  >