Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Travel  > RV Singles - new to RVing      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 itsreallyfantastic
Msg: 26
RV Singles - new to RVingPage 2 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
I've been working to accomplish this goal and it's soon to be a reality!

Luxury coach, good woman and the open road :-)

Doesn't get much better!
 Smokingcrispmonster
Msg: 27
view profile
History
RV Singles - new to RVing
Posted: 9/27/2014 12:47:10 PM
A couple of my friends & I are hoping to rent a motorhome and tour around for 2 weeks. Most likely fly in to LA or San Francisco to Dallas. Vague plans at the moment are San Fran, Vegas, Grand Canyon, then join part of route 66 ending in Dallas.

Has anyone got any tips or forums you can post a link to please? Any recommendations for good RV hire companies and other places on the way as well would be appreciated :)
 YouTreatMeRight
Msg: 28
Posted: 11/13/2014 2:59:14 PM
Hi Brenda
I was searching for RV singles and saw your post. I was wondering how is it working out for you?
I have traveled most of my life until 10 years ago and now want to get back into it.
Dan
 AlienHumanHybrid
Msg: 29
Posted: 11/15/2014 9:24:03 PM
I miss road tripping in my VW camper -but now have a Dodge Ram conversion van with which to play 360(5.9)-auto -9.25. Bad rear bearings (almost all supplies in to to repair), but otherwise mechanically sound.

Definitely going to make the fiberglass top pop up and add a tent and upper bunk like the VW -leaving the rest of the interior for comfort. Must have a gaming PC and huge monitor, of course. I'll probably leave the "camping" gear accessible by the rear doors -stove, fridge/ice box, etc. -and some sort of heated shower system somewhere with a pop-out curtain in case it's ever needed. Most RV sites have showers -as do truck stops -but I might find myself in some remote location -wild animals won't mind if I shower in the woods -though I might mind if they try to join me.

It's not spacious compared to a real RV, but it's enough for me. Apart from sleeping and gaming, I'd be out having adventures, anyway.

For those wondering about computers/internet access....
Most RV parks have free wifi -as do many city centers -as well as cafes and restaurants. You might have to ask for a password, however.

You can buy some decent wifi antennas for the RV itself -but if you are crafty, you can make some very long range DIY wifi antennas (talking miles, here) -just do a web search.
 AlienHumanHybrid
Msg: 30
Posted: 12/12/2014 10:16:40 AM
Replaced the rear bearings -now for the starter -then some cosmetic stuff
 AlienHumanHybrid
Msg: 31
Posted: 12/12/2014 10:29:58 AM
Crispmonster, I'd suggest going north from California -Oregon, Washington -then across the northern U.S.
66 is OK, but mostly high desert, etc. -unless you veer up to Colorado -and northern Tx is mostly flat farmland.

Montana, Wyoming, etc are much better-then you could go down through Colorado.

Might take longer, but worth it if possible
 StumbledN
Msg: 32
Posted: 12/24/2014 12:20:39 PM
Back in the day, I would travel and camp all over the place in a converted Chevy cargo van. I loved that thing. And I plan to do something similar again soon. The newer vans get much better gas mileage than my old Chevy hippie van. But the price of a new one is a bit exorbitant and a lightly used late model is not easy to find. So plan B is a teardrop camper to pull behind my Ranger pickup. It gets 25 mpg with its camper shell mounted. And I'm told a 900 lb teardrop won't drop the mileage by much. Anyhow, looking forward to doing more traveling again, no matter if its by Plan A or Plan B.
 Smokingcrispmonster
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 1/24/2015 7:06:09 AM
Alienhybrid, only just seen your post but thanks.

We've decided on Vegas, Zion, Grand Canyon, Canyonlands, Salt Lake city & ending in San fran. Looks like we might have too much planned and could struggle to fit everything in! all good fun though
 vagabond7k
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 3/5/2015 7:17:43 PM
Hi brenda, if your arouns lake powell this summer drop by :-)
 claudiaelisanit
Msg: 35
Posted: 7/11/2015 11:15:56 AM
I'm a brasilian woman, planning to move to the USA and travel by a RV true the country. I'm sorry for my bad english. I'm friendly, hard working, easy going, funny, calm and I love animals.
 claudiaelisanit
Msg: 36
Posted: 7/15/2015 9:39:41 AM
Gideon, would you like a compain and a new brasilian friend?
 chelseagirl1sh
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Posted: 5/1/2016 10:07:21 AM
In my previous relationship I owned a travel trailer and ( although I was new at it ) I loved everything about it. Now I have sold it and and miss it terribly. I would love to get to know someone who is looking for a travel companion. I am retired and have lots of time on my hands. If you are that person, I would like to get to know you and perhaps we can be travel buddies. Hope to hear from you.
 tryagain716
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Posted: 8/1/2016 4:07:11 PM
Hi new to this but read your profile would love to chat!
 raemurphy
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Posted: 8/7/2016 11:40:55 AM
Hi! I like your profile and pix. I also have an RV and love the lifestyle
 raemurphy
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Posted: 8/7/2016 11:42:16 AM
I live in an RV and am in Florida
 raemurphy
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Posted: 8/7/2016 11:45:57 AM
I have an RV but no one to travel with as of yet
 raemurphy
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Posted: 8/7/2016 11:46:11 AM
I have an RV but no one to travel with as of yet
 Nauti_Gal
Msg: 43
Posted: 8/8/2016 8:50:43 PM
I really don’t understand why people wait to have a travelling companion to hit the road. I retired April 29th, did a sailboat delivery May 13th to June 1st and 4 weeks later traded-in my 2 door Jeep TJ for a soccer-mom-minivan, discarded the 2nd and 3rd row seats and took off 5 days later. I’ve been to Alaska, Yukon, Northwest Territories, northern Alberta and Saskatchewan - all by myself.

The pitfalls: the gas is on my dime, and there’s no co-navigator/co-driver.

The upside: I stop when I want to, and visit what interests me. (I’m now a pro at u-turns. lol)

I’m an extrovert so that may help, cuz I have no problem talking to anyone about anything.

I agree that Walmart is a travellers’ dream come true. Most don’t have a problem with overnighters provided that we leave no mess behind, stay away from the parking spots close to their doors (for their regular customers) and patronize their establishment as a thank you. I’ve purchased most of my food, water and (yikes) yarn from Walmart during the last few weeks.

There are two websites (that I know of) that guide people like me to other free campsites. They are:

freecampsites (dot) net, and
allstays (dot) com

I intend to provide my comments/updates to them when I get back home.

So peeps, get off your butts and get RVing.
 Nauti_Gal
Msg: 44
Posted: 8/8/2016 8:55:20 PM
BTW - I typed this from the back of my van - in a Walmart parking lot in Regina, Sk - using their FREE WIFI.
 travelingmanrv
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Posted: 8/10/2016 6:34:10 AM
Hi there,
Active guy here am heading to FL for 6 months beginning in Nov. 2016......then am planning a trip out west to Yosemite, Crater Lake, Glacier National Park to name a few.....let me know if you would like to chat more.

My traveling web site is www.thechewchewtrain.com

Thanks
Art
 diaboloacetin
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Posted: 8/18/2016 9:05:38 PM
I'm not yet to the point where I can take long term trips, but I did give my boss my 8 year notice lol. I just have a truck and little popup for now, just taking weekend trips mostly around the area. But next year I plan to take a longer trip and visit the west coast looking for some land.

Hope you guys and gals have lots of fun in your travels. And be safe as well.
 sweetnessandright
Msg: 47
Posted: 8/20/2016 7:57:39 AM
What is with the WalMart parking lots? If you are travelling from point A to B I can see doing an overnight along the route but once I get to my destination, I want a campsite or RV park. I want the hookups and the fire pits .
 StumbledBkn
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Posted: 8/21/2016 2:43:10 PM

What is with the WalMart parking lots?

I think you've got it figured out. Walmart isn't trying to compete with the campgrounds and RV parks. They just recognize the $$ they can make from RV people who take up a little otherwise unused space in the far outside part of their parking lot for a few hours. And RV peeps appreciate a place to rest/snooze for a few hours. It's a win/win kind of thing unless the local authorities get involved and screw things up.
 MelliJ66
Msg: 49
Posted: 1/5/2017 1:10:07 PM
Hi Chelse, I'm Melissa, I just found this forum today and I'm so excited to meet people with the same dream of traveling as I do. Oh, I am not gay or looking for a relationship, lol I have been on dating site's for 2 year's looking for a man who shares this dream but no luck.😕

I couldn't believe all the women that our rving, though I don't have an rv yet, I'm trying to find a traveling friend. I hate to admit it but I am a little nervous about taking the leap and heading on the highway myself , if you are considering traveling and are looking for a travel partner in the future plz message me.
Have a great day.
 randarr
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Posted: 1/7/2017 4:28:43 PM
Hello,
I'm going to purchase a travel trailer and become a full timer this fall around Sept or Nov 2017.
I can't wait, I'm surfing a number of dealers and various setups as well as where I plan to spend my first
winter in Florida....... I am hoping to find some options and Ideas for this big step in my life from anyone
who has already blazed this trail.
Thanks for your interest and pointers. Happy trails..
Randarr...
Show ALL Forums  > Travel  > RV Singles - new to RVing