Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Art/Music  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 cooldog65
Msg: 193
view profile
History
most Underated band?Page 10 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)
If we can include singing groups (doesn't play instruments), I would say The 5th Dimension is very underrated. Great harmonies and two of the most beautiful female singers ever. I've been rediscovering their music lately.

I just got a ticket to see them in June. This edition of the group has one original member (Florence LaRue...still beautiful at 71) and 4 replacements. Two of the other original members (Marilyn McCoo and Billy Davis Jr...married 45 years) have their own show. They're next on my bucket list.
 CanadianMusicMan12
Msg: 194
most Underated band?
Posted: 5/20/2015 1:59:27 PM
Jeff Buckley - There isn't a singer alive who sang like he did. It's a shame he died so young, but I doubt we will ever see a singer transcend pop music like he did. He knew how to sing in a way that could drive emotion in his songs, something most singers these days are incapable of doing.
 00Spy
Msg: 195
most Underated band?
Posted: 6/18/2015 7:34:25 PM

If we can include singing groups (doesn't play instruments), I would say The 5th Dimension is very underrated. Great harmonies and two of the most beautiful female singers ever. I've been rediscovering their music lately.

If you like the 5Th Dimension then check out Laura Nyro. She wrote some of there biggest songs and she wrote huge songs for others as well.
Definitely she was underated.
 ThePig0fYourDreams
Msg: 196
most Underated band?
Posted: 6/24/2015 5:46:12 PM
A Swedish band called Evergrey. They're like a darker and dialed down a few notches version of Dream Theater. They're probably my favorite modern band.
 holby
Msg: 197
view profile
History
most Underated band?
Posted: 1/16/2016 10:38:12 PM
Thin Lizzy
Dr hook
Two underrated bands
Show ALL Forums  > Art/Music  >