Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Art/Music  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 DameWrite
Msg: 32
view profile
History
most Underated band?Page 2 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)
I love this sharing, Fatback= great! I didn't even know about them. Thanks
 chrisrz1012
Msg: 33
view profile
History
most Underated band?
Posted: 7/15/2011 4:57:43 PM
Here are some underrated bands:
Badlands: Jake E. Lee with Eric Singer on drums . They was very 70's metal with a blues side. Very good too.
Giant- That first album is still mentioned as a influence on guitarplayers. Dan Huff could tell you what you played note wise then play it.
Anthrax- Should be as famous as Metallica. They both where was on the same demo album and toured during that time.
Deep Purple- How many times you go to a music store and you here someone playing " Smoke on the water"? Do you hear anyone else?
 MikeSc852
Msg: 34
most Underated band?
Posted: 7/17/2011 8:50:50 AM
Most underrated band... in my opinion, definitely falls upon a band called Falling Up. Their first two albums were top-charters amongst the Christian Hard-Rock scene, but their third album and onward, they have a MUCH different sound that, in my personal opinion, rivals the musical complexity of Rush, Dream Theater, and the like (although they don't explore odd time signatures). The amount of layers present in Falling Up's music, especially from their albums "Fangs" and "Your Sparkling Death Cometh" are numerous and harmonic with each other. And here's the part that amazes me about all of this: they started as a six piece band, but by the time their third album had come out, they had been reduced to a three piece band.

Songs to check out if you want:

From Crashings (1st album)
Broken Heart
Escalates

From Captiva (3rd album)
Hotel Aqarium
A Guide to Marine Life
Goodbye Gravity

From Fangs (4th album)
Just check out the whole album.

From YSDC (5th album)
Circadian
Blue Ghost
 PittsburghVixen
Msg: 36
most Underated band?
Posted: 7/18/2011 5:54:58 PM
New Order, and before them, Joy Division.
 Lyss1412
Msg: 37
most Underated band?
Posted: 7/19/2011 11:47:53 AM
Supertramp. They're a bit more appreciated now but it amazes me how many people I meet who have no idea who they are. They were great but they kind of slipped through the cracks because of the competition they had when they first started out. Almost everyone has heard their songs but few actually know who they are.
 anthony8821
Msg: 38
most Underated band?
Posted: 7/22/2011 10:59:06 PM
silent civilian,texas in july,born of osiris,all shall perish,unearth,despised icon
 R_O_U_S
Msg: 40
most Underated band?
Posted: 8/10/2011 7:00:34 PM
any thing no wave pre label debut... agh the manchester fires family arguments.lol
 ThatClassicRomance
Msg: 41
most Underated band?
Posted: 8/17/2011 10:18:50 PM
Lots of underrated or lost bands due to being over shadowed at the time they came out.
Like 'Dirty Looks' virtually unknown because they were over shadowed by 'The Knack' at the time. Yet they had more upbeat and catchy tunes and an album that had just as many or more possible hits in it then even the Knack had with their first release.

Then there is '999' who was over shadowed by 'The Clash' at the time and never caught on in the States like the Clash did.

Maybe 'Shriekback' who was over shadowed by New Order and Sisters of Mercy.

And more recent acts like Pomplamoose, which I don't know why Nataly Dawn doesn't get a huge music contract with the voice and talent she has.
 ThatClassicRomance
Msg: 42
most Underated band?
Posted: 8/17/2011 10:30:15 PM

Mott The Hoople

I totally agree, Mott the Hoople and Ian Hunter get no respect or acknowledgement because the Stones and Kinks got all the attention back then.
Also at that time was a little known band from Essex founded in 1975
called Eddie and the Hot Rods. They got lost from the mainstream, yet they were paving the way for the faster rock/punk sound.
 Professoro
Msg: 43
most Underated band?
Posted: 8/19/2011 3:40:50 AM
I'll add another vote for Mott the Hoople, Hunter and Ronson rocked with input from
Bowie. I saw them on Broadway doing Marionette and they were awesome; it also
helped that the opening act was Queen.

Check out Zero with Steve Kimock; lots of shows on etree. cheers, O
 jay.m83
Msg: 44
view profile
History
most Underated band?
Posted: 8/19/2011 10:36:53 AM
My Vote to most underrated band goes to King's X, with honorable mention going to Big Wreck.
 Metal_Mike667
Msg: 45
most Underated band?
Posted: 8/21/2011 11:03:07 PM
Overkill one of the best thrash bands from the 8Os still makin good records and havent got the true respect they deserve
 TTvonb
Msg: 46
most Underated band?
Posted: 8/27/2011 8:25:04 PM
Motorhead
Running strong after 35 years
over 25 albums
Lemmy has been on the road for over 45 years. most groups have packed it in after less than half that time.
They still fill concert halls and tour non stop.
He is the elder statesman of rock and roll.
Sited as an influence and inspiration of every large named act in the last 35 years.
Still believes in sex drugs and rock and roll while the newbies are eating tofu salads.
From all interviews and mentions , one of the true heros of rock , a surviver.
WE ARE MOTORHEAD AND WE PLAY ROCK AND ROLL
any one with a better rep and hype pales to their history
New artist are not worthy of sharing the same stage
51 % mother f**ker 49% son of a b*tch
Ask any of the big name rock stars out there if they don't own any of their albums
Never had a major record deal, never had a smash hit, never hyped beyond their own press clippings --- 100% real and still kicks ass
WE ARE MOTORHEAD AND WE PLAY ROCK AND ROLL WE ARE MOTORHEAD AND WE PLAY ROCK AND ROLL WE ARE MOTORHEAD AND WE PLAY ROCK AND ROLL WE ARE MOTORHEAD AND WE PLAY ROCK AND ROLL WE ARE MOTORHEAD AND WE PLAY ROCK AND ROLL WE ARE MOTORHEAD AND WE PLAY ROCK AND ROLL WE ARE MOTORHEAD AND WE PLAY ROCK AND ROLL WE ARE MOTORHEAD AND WE PLAY ROCK AND ROLL
 Luke_Mpls31
Msg: 47
most Underated band?
Posted: 8/27/2011 11:58:38 PM
Doves - a brit band that sound a little like Coldplay but are way better
 eggy1977
Msg: 48
view profile
History
most Underated band?
Posted: 10/2/2011 2:36:56 PM
Clutch.

I have 11 albums (including a couple of rarities/b-sides ones) and in my opinion there's not one bad song from the stoner rock band that started off heavy and raw and have changed to become more bluesy over the years, great music, with intelligent lyrics that cover many subjects including history, politics and religion but often in a quite humorous way.

There's many more bands I could add, but Clutch are my favourite, and I rarely get tired of listening to them.
 KwikStix
Msg: 49
most Underated band?
Posted: 10/2/2011 9:33:26 PM

Don't think I could pick a " most " . There are so many.
Listening to these guys right now. Bullets and Octane. Album " The Revelry" is great start to finish. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqwfvuvMLN4

Holy crap, I can't believe someone else knows about these guys. They are flat out amazing. Seriously, if you like 100% Pure rock and roll, these guys are for you. Incredible live, and just amazing music.

Some others:

Opiate for the masses... Drummer is amazing to watch play, music is damn good

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MuJaafQg2QU

Alien Ant Farm... ALL incredible musicians, completely underrated

This is them crashing the BET music awards: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNM2tV3PA_8

Jimmy Eat World... i know they are popular, but once again, they get looked over as talented musicians.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8HhwLCObDA

My Chemical Romance... I think these guys, even with their huge success and popularity, are looked over as real musicians. Most people see the make-up and just overlook them as pop, but having seen them live multiple times; I can assure you these guys have their shit together. Phenomenal live, and very entertaining.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bbTtPL1jRs

Then, if you enjoy metal and things of that nature...

August burns red
Miss May I
Texas In July
This Or the Apocalypse
Protest the Hero
the Bled
 YayForBeer
Msg: 50
view profile
History
most Underated band?
Posted: 10/3/2011 8:22:30 AM
Most underrated band ever, Anathema.

Also Jeff Loomis.. the guy is a living guitar god, yet guitar awards and magazine columns are given to little brats playing in metalcore bands. Blows my mind.

Oh, and don't forget Tosin Abasi. Just youtube him if you don't know who he is.
 Spring_weather
Msg: 51
most Underated band?
Posted: 10/5/2011 3:24:59 PM
Some of the bands from the 80's and 90's, also Joan Jett, she is still performing..
 ZachariahTicer
Msg: 52
view profile
History
most Underated band?
Posted: 10/6/2011 3:16:58 AM
I think determining under-rated has to be specific to the demographic that listens to that genre. For instance Portishead is mentioned a few times. They might be under-rated in a global since but for people that like "trip hop" they are one of THE most recognizable names.

Here is a list:
Puscifer
The Knife
Leona Naess
Isis
Mazzy Star
Beth Orton
 BigBlue1973
Msg: 53
most Underated band?
Posted: 10/9/2011 4:48:22 AM
Thrash metal band name Dew-Scented
 good_dreams
Msg: 54
most Underated band?
Posted: 10/10/2011 5:53:51 AM
I watched a documentary on Rush last night. I've been a fan for a long time but wasn't expecting just how enjoyable watching it would be. It amazed me how many members of highly successful bands of today participated in the documentary and talked about how great an influence that Rush had on them, but yet Rush was never really that successful hit wise. Never had a single song in even the top 20 of the charts.

Also Jack White and his former band The White Stripes. A GREAT documentary to watch is "It Might Get Load" featuring him, Jimmy Page and The Edge from U2. Well worth watching for guitar fans.
 dekadance
Msg: 55
view profile
History
most Underated band?
Posted: 10/10/2011 7:18:09 AM
Electric Wizard.
 ThatClassicRomance
Msg: 56
most Underated band?
Posted: 10/16/2011 11:11:28 PM
Yeah Killing Joke was ahead of their time fathering the new industrial punk sound.
I was lucky enough to catch them in the early 80's when they first started playing over here in the states. I think they have some new music out that's worthy of a listen.
 THEKidWicked
Msg: 57
most Underated band?
Posted: 10/17/2011 8:49:10 PM
http://cfox.supernova.com/-Drunk
 ZachariahTicer
Msg: 59
view profile
History
most Underated band?
Posted: 10/19/2011 3:59:20 AM
^