Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > First Date Test: How to tell it's thirty minutes?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 33
First Date Test: How to tell it's thirty minutes?Page 5 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
I didn't know you will never die, that very cool

You missed the point, smartass. Sure I will die, but so what? I don't care if I'm single, dating or in a seriously relationship in relation to that. I'm in no rush to land a relationship based on my time left, lol. If I end up with someone I expect it will take most of my life to learn about them - if I'm lucky, because I like people who have a lot of character and are multi dimensional. I'd hate to meet someone and they don't have enough substance to last very long. Boring!
 bananadancing
Msg: 34
First Date Test: How to tell it's thirty minutes?
Posted: 3/7/2010 11:15:04 AM
Oh boy, the old "emergency" phone call. I've had a few of these done in my day. I think most people get someone to call them 30 min to and 1hr into the date. Although if you like the person, you turn your phone off. If you don't then you get the call.

I remember one time a girl got this "call" She told me that one of her friends got into a car accident that she needed to go to the hospital. So I called her bluff and said, ok, I'll go with you. She rambled on with excuses about she didn't know how long she was going to be, yadda yadda. I then told her that I wasn't really into her, that it was better that she go anyway.
 LG2727
Msg: 35
view profile
History
First Date Test: How to tell it's thirty minutes?
Posted: 3/7/2010 3:31:03 PM
Its no different then someone telling you before you meet that they have plans and cant stay long, funny how those plans seem to vanish after we meet? weird! lol!
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > First Date Test: How to tell it's thirty minutes?