Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Pics & Comments BIRMINGHAM VALENTINES MEET 13.02.10      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 fishaman
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Pics & Comments BIRMINGHAM VALENTINES MEET 13.02.10Page 2 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
whens the next 1 ? whens the next 1 ?
thanks ladyloul !! ur a star x

ppl have to remember it was valentines weekend, so birmingham nightclubbing capital was very busy.
& i think ud have to be pretty frigid to have had a bad night lol

\\\\\ Thanks to every1 i shared smiles with //////
 PugFace
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Pics & Comments BIRMINGHAM VALENTINES MEET 13.02.10
Posted: 2/15/2010 1:30:31 AM
was quite disappointed with sat night. the ones last year where there was flares exclusivity were much much better. it just seemed like a typical night on broad street for the drunk n juvenile.

i will say this that the ladys who got stupidly drunk did not impress anybody. we all like a bit of a night out but why do it on a dating night? do you think the fella of your dreams would be impressed? the impression i did get that it wasnt really a singles night just a gang pack night out typical of brum.

cant imagine anyone found anybody that night.

another thing... the ladies who decided for themselves that they looked good on the podium, just looked like hookers. really, all the fellas were laughin at you.
 LadyLoul
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 2/15/2010 2:24:50 AM
Thank you ladies for your continued support and Fishaman of course!

I thought about commenting last night but decided to wait until today! Sat night was the 4th event i have Hosted at Flares and i can agree with you all that it was oganised chaos. BUT, there was no way i wanted a repeat of what happened on NYE which was Deb and I stuck at the bottom of the stairs until 11.30 and missing the best part of the party.

We are normal members of Plenty of Fish just like the rest of you, the time and effort that goes into holding an event of this size is huge! I work full time and am a single mum, i really cant perform miracles, unfortunately. The onus is on you, the member to come and identify yourself, it would be impossible for me to remember every face that signs up, we had a guest list at the bottom of the stairs and didnt even go upstairs until gone 9pm, where we had another list and labels for those that wanted them until 10pm, then i took my POF hat off as i wanted to party too.

So im sorry it wasnt as organised as past events and i shall be reporting back to Flares management with your comments.

Lastly a female member had her coat taken on Sat night and she would like me to ask if anyone had mistakenly taken it home as it was a Xmas present from her son and she would dearly like it back! However, can i just state that your possessions are your responsiblity and although the cloakroom wasnt manned until 10pm, thats where you coats should have been
 fishaman
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 2/15/2010 9:11:44 AM
do some of these ppl crawl out of a box once a year or something ? lmao

LETS HOPE THIS MEENS THE NEXT MEET WILL HAVE LESS [DRY PPL]

& MORE FISHES THAT LIKE TO FEEL YOUNG & LET LOOSE, & LAUGH & SING & DANCE.
U GO GIRLS !!
 smiler36
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 2/15/2010 9:27:59 AM
Well, OMG, I cannot believe some of the things that have been written here!!

Firstly, I would like to point out that I drove all the way from Devon that weekend, and I was a bit dubious as to whether to go or not - but received a few emails (including Lou) of help to meet beforehand.

I thoroughly enjoyed myself, and I like Dark Temptation, do not get to go out much, and there is nothing like this around my area, and so I make the most of the night. I had such fun dancing and chatting to people and would like to say a huge thank you to Lou and Debs for making me feel welcome, and also to Terri, Andy,Alison and Mandi - it was a fun night - oops nearly forgot Warren.

So, its official I am a hooker too

That comment was well below the belt - just cause we were having fun - and not bothered if anyone is watching or not - thats a reason to make such a negative and nasty comment!!!

I struggle with the way I look myself and self confidence, and to read something like that - was totally unacceptable - comments like that should be kept to themselves - grrrr!!!!!!

Anyway, on the whole I had a fab night - met some really nice and friendly people, and am looking forward to the next event, will need to suss that out, as being in Devon, its difficult to find somewhere that is not too far, but Brum seems good.

Well Done Lou and Debs - thank you for a fantastic night - not sure about the proof of our actions being on camera though, lol - looking forward to seeing the pics

Mandie

x
 LadyLoul
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 2/15/2010 10:21:04 AM
Hunnibelle, your absolutely right. Over 400 people on the night and only 2/3 negative comments so far!

Photos will be uploaded in the next day or two, Glidergirl i have given you upload access.

I am going to talk to Flares regarding the lack of staff on the night, hence why the stairs were not manned at all times, nor was the cloakroom!

Sooooooo, after i have sorted those couple of problems i will sort out ANOTHER date for a night in Flares, probably around Easter time, so keep your eyes on your inbox and let me know what you all think - DO YOU WANT ANOTHER ONE????
 smiler36
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 2/15/2010 11:40:05 AM
Oooh yes please Lou - another excuse for a few drinks and of course to boogy!!

Easter sounds good - will keep an eye out as need to book the Jurys again!!

Thanks again for organising this - look forward to the next one!!

Mandie
 smiler36
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 2/15/2010 12:56:27 PM
Hey Alison - have added you and the other on facebook as lou sent me her email

Yes, I know - first time I have been a hooker - maybe thats because I have watched Pretty Woman so much - lol - mmmm - didnt find my Richard Gere - although there were one or two that caught my eye, lol

Haha - somehow dont think you would want to come this way - no pof meets, hehe

x
 smiler36
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 2/15/2010 1:32:58 PM
Haha -thanks for that, lol ;)

So going back to the post about women being hookers as they were dancing on the pole thingy, lol - what does it make men that dance on it - I know there were because there was one trying to dance between me and Alison, lol
 fishaman
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 2/15/2010 1:39:41 PM
im a hooker too ! sure i got on that pole for a while !!!! hehehehehehe

I HAD A GR8 TIME ALSO !!!!

LADYLOUL SURELY YOUR SETTING RECORDS WITH THE NUMBER OF U GATHER ON UR SUCCESSFUL EVENTS !
 TreborEodrap
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 2/15/2010 1:43:47 PM
Given that it seems that I am being blamed for negative comments, all that I will say in my defence is that a) I did not blame anyone, (least of all the organisers) I merely made observations and b) comments were requested, had they not been I would have kept my mouth shut.

Bob
 LadyLoul
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 2/15/2010 2:50:37 PM
Am considering Easter weekend people, however would you prefer Sat night and we have the 2nd & 3rd floors like we have done the last two times or would you prefer Sunday night where we would get the club exclusively

your thoughts are welcomed - positive and negative, lol
 fishaman
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 2/15/2010 3:54:22 PM
lol well said toastedmarshmallow
tap me on shoulder next meet ill buy u a drink good buddy

personaly feeling sat night myself but i put trust in ladyloul`s choice`s for a good turnout
 smiler36
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 2/15/2010 11:40:26 PM
Ooh a Saturday or Sunday or in Toadmasters mind - both - damn greedy, lol

Well Saturday would be better for me as would be travelling from Devon - not sure so many people would attend on the Sunday - as it would be Easter Sunday, and would be spending time with family etc............. but if you did this, people would not be able to moan about it not being exclusive to pof.

Well I certainly look forward to this one, if I can make it due to unforseen circumstances

Will be keeping an eye out for more events now - although think Essex is a bit far for one night, lol
 LadyLoul
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 2/16/2010 6:10:28 AM
Ok everyone, have spoken to Flares this afternoon and we are going for Sunday 4th April, just because we get 'exclusivity' and the whole club!!

I have also addressed the issues that have been raised on here and by having our party on the Sunday, does mean that the general public wont be allowed in.

I hope everyone is happy with my decision and i look forward to seeing lots of you signed up when i put the new thread up.

Thank you for your continued support
 smiler36
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 2/16/2010 8:53:32 AM
Ooh

Now Debs, that sounds like an offer I definately cannot refuse - bring it on!!!!!!

Just need to sort out whether I can make it to the next one or not - really hope so - lets hope I dont embarrase myself, quite much as last time - that poor bouncer!!! lets hope he will not remember me, haha ;)

It was some night - great people and great music, and a few drinks, haha

Off to pre-book my room now
 smiler36
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 2/16/2010 11:17:04 AM
Hahaha -Toadmaster - it is!!!!!

Am so looking forward to this one, if I can make it - look forward to meeting some new friends and seeing the ones I met at the last one - not sure about the pole this time, haha - lets hope having flares for just pof members- will suit everyone this time

Whatever, I am not fussed - didnt make no odds to me last time - bring it on

GET READY TO P.A.R.T.Y

LadyLoul
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 2/16/2010 2:44:25 PM
Hey Adam

Glad you had a great night, the next one is up and ready for you to add your name to. Its booked for Easter Sunday 4th April, and we will have the club totally 'exclusive' to Plenty of Fish

Here is the link to take you straight to that all important guest list!!

http://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts13799077.aspx

rubyshoes10
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 2/16/2010 2:45:43 PM
I also had a great time on Saturday and made it into the rogues gallery. Thanks for all the time and effort in planning this night out.

For those of you who wanted a slightly quieter POF night, i am co-hosting an event this Saturday in Wolverhampton. It takes about 30 mins to travel from Birmingham and we are a friendly bunch and always welcoming to new friends. Any questions, just send a message to one of the hosts.

Check out the link in the events forum, i would post the link but my ICT skills seem to be somewhat lacking when i am not at work!!

Hope to see some of you on Saturday!!

Emma x
 PugFace
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 2/17/2010 10:04:45 AM
I think most people seem to come with the attitude that its just a night out with the fellas n gals. So it did seem to me that it didnt feel like a singles night and it wasnt necesarily the organisation although allowing a mixture of non-pof to enter didnt help. but only a few i think ventured in to our camp.

Am afraid it wasnt like last years. i think if people had gone to last years events you would have seen many more people mingling which wasnt the case on saturday. people just stuck to their mates. thats why i felt it wasnt really a singles night and more like a normal brum night. i think the whole scheme just didnt make it feel unique that it was a room full of single people who are "supposed" to be looking for someone to date lol.
 smiler36
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 2/17/2010 11:31:15 AM
Hahahahahahahahaha

Laverne - You beat me too that - I noticed as well - as I am totally confuzzled by that .

I mean, if you feel that strongly about Saturdays meet - why sign up to another one - its a Nightclub - from what I can gather, not for you!!

Oh and by the way, the comments you made about gals being Hookers that night - I AM ONE OF THEM

Hey Laverne - Seen you on Lous FB - is it ok to add you?
 PugFace
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 2/21/2010 12:51:46 PM
Hey, if a girl wears virtually no clothes goes on her own to dance like she is saying "look at me arent i sexy!". to me it just seems like they love themselves.

really should read my lines. there was only a minority the rest were not at all like that.

dont defend women who are quite self loving and arrogant.

if a guy did the same you would think he was vein. am i right?

i repeat i am just being honest where most guys are not and telling you what they was all thinking ok.
 PugFace
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 2/21/2010 1:04:29 PM
ok ok nothing wrong with having a drink.

but funny you should say that.

this is a personal thing. i spoke to two girls on the sat night meet at the swan. you know what they said derogoratory about the guys there as they was cheezed off with the night...and i quote..

"this place is full of drunk men i dont want to come again to another meet"

and it was. there was loads. so at the end of the day. have a drink have fun. enjoy yourself. hey and watch your drinks being spiked its rife at the mo. i am hearing loads o cases from girly mates. the tossers who do it are out there big time.
 rubyshoes10
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Posted: 2/22/2010 9:58:17 AM
[this is a personal thing. i spoke to two girls on the sat night meet at the swan. you know what they said derogoratory about the guys there as they was cheezed off with the night...and i quote..

"this place is full of drunk men i dont want to come again to another meet" ]

Pugface - are you on about the night at Flares or The Swan ?

Perhaps, the girls have unrealistic ideas about what a night out at either a club or pub would be like. If a venue sells alcohol, there stands a very good chance that there will be people( male and female) who will be drunk or there abouts!

In my opinon if anybody doesn't want to be around drunk people, see people dance in a nightclub on a podium or see people in what they class as inappropiate clothing they should maybe go to a different type of meet or plan a more suitable meet themselves.
 LadyLoul
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Posted: 2/23/2010 12:30:15 AM
Thank you Toastedmarshmellow!!!!

Now please can we put this thread to bed - IT ENDS HERE & NOW

Lets all look forward to Easter, all points have been passed on so lets hope EVERYONE has a better night, including myself

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Pics & Comments BIRMINGHAM VALENTINES MEET 13.02.10