Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > How important is "Fitting"?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 northerndreamer
Msg: 43
How important is Fitting?Page 4 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
Don't agree. I am willing to compromise on small things but my life is pretty good as it is. and I'm content-as are many I know. A man should enhance that, not take away. if being with him means not pursuing who and what I am- I'm happy without him. Pretty simple actually. I have my interests- not willing to give them up. so I'll find a man who shares them or I'll continue to pursue them with friends. It's all pretty simple.

And being alone? I'm rarely alone so I treasure alone time.
 thecatsmeoww
Msg: 44
How important is Fitting?
Posted: 3/4/2010 3:09:49 AM

Don't agree. I am willing to compromise on small things but my life is pretty good as it is. and I'm content-as are many I know. A man should enhance that, not take away. if being with him means not pursuing who and what I am- I'm happy without him. Pretty simple actually. I have my interests- not willing to give them up. so I'll find a man who shares them or I'll continue to pursue them with friends. It's all pretty simple.

I feel pretty much like you do. My life is in fact a very good one and feel I do not want to get into a situation that would detract from that.

Like you I still have things I am pursing with gusto.. I am certainly not willing to give those up in order to have a relationship.

I also do not want animal flesh in the house or junk food. If he wants to eat these things let him eat it out, like I do at times..

So either he loves animals or he is into eating healthy..

He need not share my interests but it would be an added bonus if he shared one of them. I believe that would be the glue that would hold us together.

Now check out this couple that has been married 62 years.. Marlow Cowan (who is in his 90's) and his sweetheart can you say they share a common interest and fit like a glove?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RI-l0tK8Ok0&NR=1

thecatsmeoww
 Walts
Msg: 45
Posted: 3/4/2010 5:27:51 AM
For many "fitting in" is very high on the priority list.I'm not one of them,,,and in my dream wish list,,,,either is my future partner. (ahhhhhhhh,,,,to dream) My family and friends know that the people I hang around with are not relative to the others in a way that I pick because of what "others" think.

"Fitting in" makes for boring dinners conversations, boring holidays, boring,boring,boring. Ya gotta have entertainment,,,,and cheap entertainment is the bestest.
 thecatsmeoww
Msg: 46
Posted: 3/4/2010 2:00:02 PM

On the other hand two misfits just might make a perfect fit.

Indeed!! In fact I could really go for someone that was a little South of the Border sort of speak we might just have enough common ground here..

the cats outta the bag
 Notdesper8atall
Msg: 47
Posted: 3/4/2010 4:30:16 PM
OP If I have chosen to involve myself in a realtionship with someone then they have already fit to some extent.

Would I base my decision on their "fit" with friends and family? To some extent perhaps..but it wouldnt be the sole factor in my decision, no.

At the end of the day.. after the party, night out, family function or what have you, the most important fit is between my partner and I. Thats the "fit" that matters in the long run.
 sngldadonli
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Posted: 3/6/2010 10:38:43 PM
A wise person once said that at our stage in life, we all have at least some baggage. The trick is to find a matching set of luggage.
 thecatsmeoww
Msg: 49
Posted: 3/10/2010 6:17:22 AM

A wise person once said that at our stage in life, we all have at least some baggage. The trick is to find a matching set of luggage.

Thanks I knew I should have checked his luggage when I met him in the baggage department of our local airport. Had I noticed his luggage did not remotely even resemble mine I never would have shared that limo with him.. Lessons learned..

thecatsmeoww
 URXO2
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Posted: 3/10/2010 10:42:47 AM

Thanks I knew I should have checked his luggage when I met him in the baggage department of our local airport. Had I noticed his luggage did not remotely even resemble mine I never would have shared that limo with him.. Lessons learned..

There's always extra baggage when you share the ride, tug, pull, heave, lift, throw, pack, somehow you get it all in the trunk and close the lid....enjoy the companionship on the ride...
 thecatsmeoww
Msg: 51
Posted: 3/11/2010 1:46:06 PM

There's always extra baggage when you share the ride, tug, pull, heave, lift, throw, pack, somehow you get it all in the trunk and close the lid....enjoy the companionship on the ride...

Indeed I totally enjoyed the companionship in the limo that day... And for the next two years that followed that magical carpet ride..

thecatsmeoww
 GrandmaBooBoo
Msg: 52
view profile
History
Posted: 3/11/2010 4:22:19 PM

How important is it for that person to be a "good fit" into your present life and for you to "fit" into theirs?
For me; how well they fit into MY life is a "mission critical" situation. LOL! They have to accept the fact that my family is comprised of mostly psychopaths....but...what can I do...they're my "family". They would have to "fit" with ME....not with my family. With my friends, that's pretty easy to do...I choose those carefully...so I don't have many!

Now, the biggie.....how I would fit with THEIR life. I don't kiss anyone's rear end...NOR do I expect anyone to kiss mine (in fact...suck-ups are among my least favorite kinds of people)....if they can handle that; I'd say the fit would be pretty good.
 Jewlsey*
Msg: 53
Posted: 3/21/2010 8:56:02 PM
My family knows that I live my own life and they love me for who I am. They would accept anyone who makes me happy.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > How important is "Fitting"?