Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  > How do you cope after you almost lose your child?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 hewy76
Msg: 13
view profile
History
How do you cope after you almost lose your child?Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
i cant tell you but my brother would. he lost his son and he had a very bad time. he was drinking and trying to hurt himself. but i know its not almost loose your child i rather say it to get it off my chest.
 SweetnessInFlorida
Msg: 14
How do you cope after you almost lose your child?
Posted: 2/24/2010 6:52:44 AM
Thank you for the well-wishes everyone.
My sweet prince is back in pre-k class today.
He has been a bit lethargic during the week (from medications), but started perking up bigtime yesterday, and has been giggling and running and playing and being a normal fun-loving rowdy boy.
He talks about what happened-and pouts about the IV that was put i his arm more than anything else.
We still dont know what caused the anaphylaxis, but an allergist will be coming down from Miami to test him.
Im well prepared with epi-pens at the ready, and ready to use em.

My daughter is kinda wierd about it, she has been super clingy and affectionate than usual latel (not a bad thing, just that her normal personality is kind of the "cool and aloof "type moreso than a super open and affectionate one, but she has been laying inn my lap like a baby all the time 24-7.

Me, im having a hard time sleeping, trying a melatonin supplement and tylenol pm's so i can just relax and fall asleep without having flashbacks of when his airway was swelling shut and i thought he might die.

So im doing so-so i guess, but he thankfully is doing good.
 MySpoonIsTooBig!
Msg: 15
How do you cope after you almost lose your child?
Posted: 3/5/2010 8:16:45 PM
Being better prepared in the future is obviously the most pro-active way for you to cope with nearly losing them, so I'd suggest doing as much research as you can into the problem. Nobody deals well with uncertainty & the more you know, the less fearful you'll become.

Bottom line, though, is that the fear is still raw & very real for you, & it'll just take time for that to ease up. In the meantime, whenever that anxiety rears up again, the important thing is to remind yourself that he DID come out OK in the end.
Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  > How do you cope after you almost lose your child?