Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 almostchef
Msg: 252
view profile
History
Do guys like these exist past 35?Page 15 of 15    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15)
never married/no kids - Check

looking to get serious and eventually married - Check

not just looking for sex - Check. Now granted, if an attractive woman walks up to me and says "lets screw" I'm not going to turn her down, but thats hardly the same as just looking for sex.

employed (or unemployed due to the economy but previously employed) - I have a job, house, car, and no credit card debt. If whether or not I have more than that is important to a woman, I probably don't want to bother meeting her

average weight (not obese) - I don't have a perfect body, but I'm not overweight either.

I doubt it. Most of those online guys have at least one defect. - Sure, I have defects though. We all do.
 barbee1970
Msg: 255
Do guys like these exist past 35?
Posted: 3/28/2010 10:36:07 PM
Yes I see alot of them at work. Trouble is my co workers over 35 are still living with mum and dad, not going anywhere anythime soon.
 rat-7
Msg: 261
view profile
History
Posted: 3/29/2010 8:04:55 AM

2. The very, very shy man who never knew how to approach women

That is what I am, and no matter what I try, I still can approach women
 SCUBARON
Msg: 270
view profile
History
Posted: 3/30/2010 10:49:52 PM
Yes, and I'm one of them....Possible flaw might be the marriage thing but that's an unknown right now.
 captainhollywood
Msg: 272
view profile
History
Posted: 4/4/2010 4:24:44 PM
Im 33 and all of these, and I have no mental issues.The funny part is I still have exs that just want to have sex with me. The thing is, thats not what I am looking for.

I also have my own home and car and a degree but guess what?

I have sent out 20 emails and gotten 1 reply back.
 twirpy
Msg: 275
view profile
History
Posted: 4/7/2010 7:50:22 PM
I fit all those categories. I've never been married, no children. I always wanted a stable and long term relationship, not just looking for sex. I've been employed full time for over 15 years, own my house and I'm fit and in excellent physical health.

What's the catch then? I'm extremely shy around women. I get so nervous around them I can barely manage eye contact, let alone approach them so I've never been in a relationship or done anything physical including kissing. I was also badly emotionally abused when I was younger, which makes it extremely difficult for me to trust anyone so I put up walls to protect myself. As if those wonderful qualities weren't enough to send most women running in the other direction, I'm also blessed with a horrible combination of facial features that only a mother could love. I've seen women actually recoil in disgust when they see me, I'm not making that up. I guess in my case the cons outweigh the pros in the eyes of the opposite sex, so that's why I'm still alone and probably always will be.
 palmer f
Msg: 276
view profile
History
Posted: 4/10/2010 12:01:33 PM

By exist I mean the following

never married/no kids
looking to get serious and eventually married
not just looking for sex
employed (or unemployed due to the economy but previously employed)
average weight (not obese)

I doubt it. Most of those online guys have at least one defect. Notice I didn't say anything about height, income, looks, or anything else superficial? I don't care about that. I don't even care aboute degree, though I have two. I have my own money so don't expect a guy to support me either.

Gee, I didn't know that I was defective. And here I was walking around thinking I was actually normal. LOL.

Well actually there are few men like what you described. Well ones that don't have a "defect " as you put it.

I think this way because I didn't want to have baby mama drama in my life. I want to have something lasts and not the hook up kind of sh*t that a lot of people seem to be into these days.

If that's what they want to do, it's fine with me, but I want something long lasting and meaningful.
 timmm413
Msg: 277
view profile
History
Posted: 4/13/2010 8:23:58 PM
I'm right here!!!
 TheReason_
Msg: 278
view profile
History
Posted: 4/14/2010 1:14:07 PM

So, don't know about the never married, looking to settle down, no kids, not overweight men 35+. If they do 'exist' they ain't going to be giving a 39 yr old single mother currently not working a second glance!

it's definitely a tough sell. I've already raised a family that wasn't mine. I'm not sure at this point if I'm looking to do it again.
 TheReason_
Msg: 284
view profile
History
Posted: 4/26/2010 4:21:02 PM

it's definitely a tough sell. I've already raised a family that wasn't mine. I'm not sure at this point if I'm looking to do it again.
Totally understandable. Don't blame you in the least. Particularly if you've already had a relationship where you became attached to children that weren't yours and then had that break down. Prior to being a single parent and when in my 20s I would definitely been hesitant to get involved with a single father.

Actually the marriage did break down, and ended, but I still have a good relationship with our two boys, my hmmm ex-stepsons. Ah, they will always be my boys. They were 9 and 12 when we got together, they are 20 and 23 now, so we have been a part of each others lives for over 10 years now. They know what happened between their mom and I had nothing to do with them and I.

I was there for them through a lot of important years, I was there to cheer them on in their triumps, to pick them up when they had fallen, an ear to listen to questions, concerns etc, and a shoulder to cry on. They know I will always have their back, and that my door is always open for them. We get together every other week or so, and keep in contact almost daily. They are fine young men, and I'm proud to be a part of their lives.

It IS a huge commitment, definitely not to be taken lightly, and not everyone is cut out for that. I'm adopted, and I know someone doesn't have to be blood, to be loved as your own.

But again, I'm not 100% sure if I'm looking to go through it all again. But then you never know, that's what makes life so interesting.

TheReason_
Msg: 290
view profile
History
Posted: 6/19/2010 4:04:30 PM
Maybe the guys you describe, are looking for more than you have to offer.
 third_ronin
Msg: 291
view profile
History
Posted: 6/19/2010 9:12:15 PM
This is an interesting post. I could easily turn it around and as the same thing of women. I'm looking for pretty much the same thing you are looking for, except I don't really drink and would prefer someone that doesn't, and I don't smoke and will not date someone that does. I also do not want kids. I get VERY few matches for my location. Do these women really exist?

Let's get a bit more specific. I also don't want a reality-TV junkie. Or someone who is over thirty getting their picture taken in a bar and posing with their drink like they are still twenty-one. (Yeah, it's a peeve).

How about a passionate, intelligent, attractive, non-materialistic woman that can carry a good conversation? Do they exist? Someone that can say ten sentences without using the word "like"? Do they exist?

So what is my point? There are people out there, you just have to find them. Think about where you are looking. Are you doing the bar scene? Are you trying new activities that encourage socializing with new people? Take a new direction, do some things you don't normally do, and expand your life with new experiences and new people. I always hope to meet someone while doing the activities I really enjoy (surfing, hiking, outdoors), but it may not work out that way.

Don't give up. There are guys out there. Just as I am hoping there are women out there for me.
 joebacon
Msg: 293
view profile
History
Posted: 6/24/2010 1:31:24 PM
everybody makes mistakes but if someone was married and divorced thru no no fault ,they should not be ostracized in life. dont judge in life
 drweavil
Msg: 296
view profile
History
Posted: 6/26/2010 6:59:31 PM
alot of us good guys available , i dont know why some people ( men and women ) are so superficial , like they say dont judge a book by the cover look inside , i have dated girls that were 100 pounds real barby like figure but they were shallow and i went out with some they went all the way to 350 pounds , i dont look at there jobs , what ever they have waitress or high lvl diplomat i dont care , as long as she as a good head and good heart , with a sense of humor and able to resolve our differences.

i even dated a woman with 4 kids so im not afraid of commitment , i been a single guy for a good reason cause i raised my daughter alone for past 19 years since her mom left us when my baby was 3 months old , so i was busy raising her , now im just restarting to look for a serious relationship
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 297
Posted: 6/28/2010 10:57:49 AM

They exist, I'm an example. Like the guy said above me, most women are shallow and have unrealistic expectations. They love A**holes.

Every girl that msg's me on here asks If I have tats, they all love tats... Nothing against people who have them, but its showing me a trend..

Nice guys like me always finish last. The world is a shallow place these days. There is alot more to life than Money and looks.

I wish it was the 50's

Couldn't agree more. I was definitely born much too late. (Oh? The women-bashing part of this?? It isn't gender-specific. SOME men are shallow and unrealistic, too.)
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 300
Posted: 6/29/2010 11:55:10 AM
^^^^^^WFT? I think you've seriously misinterpreted the essence of the posts from those that wish things were different. We aren't talking going back to Cro-Magnon time. Oy!!
 Confident-Realist
Msg: 302
Posted: 7/16/2010 3:37:13 PM

After all you seem to have gone some 20 years or so rejecting guys, many of whom would probably have made perfectly wonderful mates.
The real secret which is not secret at all is just picking someone you like and enjoy who likes you too and letting yourself love him.

What's really interesting is that a mate is bit like a cat or dog. I know, sounds bad, but just in one way. Once you get past the basics of having attraction, they're stable, you mesh well -- the rest is personalized in terms of your happiness.

When you have a pet, a cat or dog, it's how it meshes with you, when it comes to the end result. Yeah, you want a cute cat that's generally well behaved. You don't need a best-in-show cat that can do tricks, or a dog that's the next Lassie in what it can do for you and brag about to your friends.

Sometimes I think when we're single, especially when older, we get too checklist-like. We think in the future more and the possibilities of how things may not work out... and to some people, they may be aiming to have 'the best' -- which is out of their reach in terms of what they can offer... and both parties lose sight of the fact that it's not a contest -- it's personalized.
 tractorman35
Msg: 306
Posted: 7/26/2010 7:23:48 PM
hello how are you i am sure i fit what you are describing i am 35 single home owner without kids and not a player i am just a simple country boy it seem all i attract is overweight or white trash sorry to sound harsh but seems the case i am a great guy and will not settle for none less than i am in my partner
 DragNFlyBuzzez
Msg: 313
view profile
History
Posted: 7/30/2010 3:08:43 PM
OP my dear, after 20 yrs of "no" you are probally tagged a forever single by your local male population, you need to figure out how to undo it, loosen your list
 brunediddy
Msg: 324
view profile
History
Posted: 9/22/2010 7:00:10 AM
*raises hand*

Yeah we exist...

My problem is finding likewise single women that fit the same description.

Oh yeah i need her to be smokin hot too, lol....a guy can dream lol.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  >