Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Religion  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ExplorerMedic
Msg: 2
when did GOD?Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
yna6, Jesus meanwhile...different story. I'd love to have a beer and bbq with him...or go barnstorming around the Sea of Galilee with him... YOU LOVE TO PLAY WITH YHWH FIRE if I understand you, bro ! Man, if you get to do this stuff you dream about with Christ PLEASE invite me !!!
 ExplorerMedic
Msg: 5
when did GOD?
Posted: 10/28/2004 4:40:40 PM
jimi77, Hi bro ! "...as for JESUS he and the johva are one in the same? yet another contracition..."

Mmmm... I ain't no teacher, however, are you created in the image of the CREATOR ? Do you have a SPIRIT ? SOUL ? BODY ? Is your BODY different than your SPIRIT and SOUL ?
 forthebeauty
Msg: 7
when did GOD?
Posted: 10/28/2004 8:53:10 PM
Very nice comeback Jimi. Thats all I need to say!!!
 SenileGranny
Msg: 8
view profile
History
when did GOD?
Posted: 10/28/2004 10:11:01 PM
I see GOD/the higher power as a loving and forgiving god, and often wonder how people can see him as vengeful. Then got to thinking that the best way to find/understand god is by looking deep into your heart, this lead to one of those *flash* light bulb goes on moments....I am a very loving/forgiving person, its the way I'm built....maybe the way each of us sees god is closely related to how each of our minds works?
 forthebeauty
Msg: 9
when did GOD?
Posted: 10/28/2004 10:14:21 PM
Thats a good point damania but if God is in ur heart u should always think that way. (I am not saying that I always do or any of us for that matter)
 jiszam
Msg: 15
when did GOD?
Posted: 8/6/2005 6:09:10 AM
I think that each person always has interpreted for themselves even if they didn't realize it.Some people see murder as the worst sin some see gayness as the worst.I think it's funny that gayness was only criticised in the bible a couple of times whereas non-gay fornication must have been criticised thousands of times,Yet people are outraged over gays in church.Regardless of what they say about repentance neither has any intention of actually quitting their sexual practices.Even how people see God is different.Some see a big guy on a throne,some see complex visions of everything,some see Jesus,some see Santa Claus,etc...Even the word love could be interpreted infinitely.So it's not suprising that people from our generation would see god as a laid back,feel good drug.Even drugs and expensive Chritian paraphanalia(cross necklaces,statues,christian music cd's and t shirts)are just attempts by our consumer culture to buy God.Just like we buy everything else.And going to church is our attempt to control when we have god just like we control when we do all the other things in life.I don't go to church.(Too much of the same old shit That I already know screamed at me the whole service in an attempt to get me to admit how ashamed I should be for even being alive{because of you god had to die,your not doing enough for god}.I am with god 100% of the time.If I was to do something wrong then I'm sure I'd have a reason.I don't believe we're originally evil but that we all aspire to be of use to god and man and that it's just the circumstances of life that make us stray from that.
 mikelgreco
Msg: 16
when did GOD?
Posted: 8/6/2005 9:53:18 PM
That is a good question Jimi...

I think we all find god when we need him but we all forget about him when things are good. It happens a lot. I think it's sad when I see a very old person find god late in life...just before he dies. Why did he wait so long I ask myself. Maybe he was never a believer but just at the end he wanted some insurance...just in case there is a god!

-Mic
Show ALL Forums  > Religion  >