Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Art/Music  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 DerekDiabloCBC
Msg: 45
'Dubstep'.. Not everyones cup of tea but it's growing on me. Page 3 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
70/140 is Dubstep to me. Caspa and Rusko started the whole "Brostep" thing in actuality. You can't get mad when you open a Pandora's box and say that there is a new undefined (beside Bass-driven 70/140 two-step beat pattern) music that allows you to bring ANY influence into it, and then people like me that come from Hardcore, Death Metal, Grindcore, and Punk come in and start going as hard as possible.

As for me, Skrillex sucks. He plays a bunch of foofie/soft girlie stuff, then does a crazy, noisy drop. I'd rather listen to the pioneers like Skream, N-Type, Hatcha, Kode-9, or Distance any day.

Coming from the Punk scene where we respect and venerate the founders, I think it's cool for anybody to take Dubstep wherever they want as long as they preserve, understand, and teach the roots; DMZ, Mala, Horsepower Productions, the Mary Ann Hobbes shows, ect.

I'm getting ready to drop some mushrooms and go see Datsik, my boy Juan Basshead, Foreign Beggars, Bare, Smash Gordon, and others at FSOB (Future Sound of Breaks) at Club Mekka in Miami. In the D'n'B room my man Danny Bled, LTJ Bukem, Dieselboy, and A-Sides. Also Dj Icey and Baby Anne will be there from the old days. Tomorrow is Skream, Benga, Doctor P, Flux Pavillion, Borgore, and even Fatboy Slim at Ultra. So many djs here, so many parties, so many girls, drugs, fun, ect.

Should be fun. Miami DUBSTEP + D'n'B fam represent in 2012- WHAT?!!!
 DerekDiabloCBC
Msg: 46
'Dubstep'.. Not everyones cup of tea but it's growing on me.
Posted: 3/24/2012 6:04:18 AM
What a night. 2 much fun for a human 2 deserve. Though i must say, all the D'n'B has turned to Drumstep. Which is cool, but... Of eff it, Datsik was insane...
 DerekDiabloCBC
Msg: 49
Posted: 3/28/2012 2:17:14 PM
Spinning some tunes here, thought I might share a few;

Kromestar "Kalawanji"
The Widdler vs. Moza "Psycho Skank"
Excision and Downlink "Existence VIP"
16 Bit "Champion Sound"

add a few more to the set if you know what you're doing; no repeats from this thread.
 prairiecutie19
Msg: 52
Posted: 4/26/2012 2:00:26 AM
I didnt enjoy it when I first heard it, but now I am OBSESSED with Skrillex. Everytime one of his songs comes on the radio I just wanna dance. :)
 onebadazzstang
Msg: 53
Posted: 4/27/2012 12:28:58 PM
My personal preference is psychedelic trance. 1200 micrograms, eskimo (who makes dubstep now), astrix, gms, psycraft, protonica, skazi(who does rock psy) or dark soho(metal psy)
 jojoaus
Msg: 54
view profile
History
Posted: 4/28/2012 9:24:50 PM
Hmmm I have been hearing this a fair bit lately, not knowing it was dubstep. Just been on youtube and like Rusko and Benga. Will continue my research lol!!!
 UnderpantsGnome
Msg: 55
view profile
History
Posted: 5/4/2012 5:55:36 AM
Dubstep is good......when mixed with violin.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHjpOzsQ9YI
 -Virtue-
Msg: 56
view profile
History
Posted: 5/5/2012 7:14:03 PM
I'm a metalhead/industrialhead and ive been getting into Dubstep, especially the heavier stuff, its pretty decent! I dont like the rnb inspired stuff though, ugh, autotune makes me want to cringe!
 DerekDiabloCBC
Msg: 57
Posted: 5/8/2012 2:11:28 AM
"The heavier stuff" =

Excision
Funtcase
Cookie Monsta
Datsik
Borgore
Downlink
16- Bit
Dr. Philth
Doctor P
 PhotoGirl870
Msg: 58
Posted: 6/28/2012 1:38:54 PM
I really enjoy Dubstep. It's great to dance to and I LOVE to work out with it.
 bbmagee
Msg: 59
Posted: 7/2/2012 11:25:27 PM
I'm not a fan if the whole song is dubstep with repeated phrases. I do however like when dubstep used sporadically in a song. Two of my favourites right now:
1: Radioactive - Imagine Dragons (Not sure if this one really counts though)
2. Too Close - Alex Clare
 Thoreau2012
Msg: 60
Posted: 7/6/2012 9:40:01 AM
I really like this, but I also like the dancing and imagery with location:
Dreamer Dubstep
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhEAs2pfL5c
 Insomnia-Artist
Msg: 61
Posted: 7/25/2012 10:37:06 PM
Dubstep has infected us all! I used to visit this cool, dive type bar by my studio, chill, have a beer or two, maybe play some trivia for prizes on wednesdays. The the g**damh hipsters took over!!!

I would rather listen to Russian Immigrants read from the phone book than listen to dubstep!
 NCnavetG8r
Msg: 63
view profile
History
Posted: 9/11/2012 2:50:30 PM
Have to agree. I'm 48 years old, been a rocker/metal fan since childhood. Recently got curious enough to look for something new and found a Pandora channel called Electronica Radio. Gave it some running time and before I knew it I was pretty damn intrigued. Fell in love with a lot of what I heard. Some of it didn't really impress me much but a lot of it did. So, for you folks that've been listening to Dubstep for a good while now. I'd like to buy a few CDs to listen to in my car. Yeah, I'm 48 but I have a pretty decent after-market system. I can't stand factory stock stereos. I'd love some suggestions from you guys that're really knowledgeable about the various artists. Keep in mind I think I tend to gravitate toward the more melodious tracks than the really abstract.

Thanks!
 NCnavetG8r
Msg: 65
view profile
History
Posted: 9/12/2012 11:20:41 AM
Hey 3v1L5p1k3,

Was that directed to me? Are those "melodious" Dubstep artists? I wrote down a few off my Pandora station that I'd given a thumb's up to:

Nero
Deadmau5
Daftpunk
Blackmill
Lindsay Stirling

How would you compare these groups you listed to those I gave thumbs up to?
 SweetLilGTP
Msg: 67
Posted: 9/17/2012 5:55:34 PM
What do you think of Dubstep?

I've found a few (like, two) dubstep tracks I like.

Other than that; it sounds like a mechinal piece of machinery has losta fuse or something. My tape recorder used to sound like that, when it was messing up.

I DO like the slow deep beats, and the background tracking in it though. The reggae dub is much cooler than the mechanical stuff. (Thank God; I barely had "any" reggae I loved)

Sean Paul does it great though, "that's" a Jamaican mon

If I were the raggae dub guys; I would differentiate myself in name from "dubstep", because it is WAY different.There's just too many sounds, doing too may unrelated things in "mainstream" dubstep. It's like jazz that way; alot of it makes no sense and follows no pattern or melody. (on purpose)

P.s. I like Branson Marselles's Jazzmataz; but not so big on Jazz. (for the above reasons; to be painfully redundant)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peLVSasLQEA

(probably all main stream; but at least it all makes sense, in relation to the rest of the song)
 k-loo
Msg: 70
Posted: 1/3/2013 1:58:44 AM
share??
http://soundcloud.com/stereo-hunter-and-friends
 Redfan45
Msg: 72
view profile
History
Posted: 1/16/2013 8:52:05 AM
I'm probably one of the few young people to say this.
But dubstep sucks. I love EDM but dubstep is not on my list of EDM.
Honestly, they need to bring back the Breakbeat, Jungle, Acid, Happy Hardcore scene. Dubstep bores the hell out of me. Roland 303 Acid beats and pathetic dubstep drop.
 SoulfulEnigma
Msg: 74
Posted: 2/2/2013 9:36:44 PM
Dub step has been around alot longer then most people think, I can remember in 1993 or 94 when I was in Houston for a party & I first heard it I was like this is gona blow up, it's taken it for ever and it had to be used in some over rated rappers track for it to catch on and get the respect its owed. It's true roots are straight raggae, if your listening to true dub which has been around even longer since the early 80's you can hear it. Most of the masses are listening to an off shoot of dub, and not the pure sound that it was in the 90's, but I still have mad love for the sound, so don't think I'm hating on it, casue I'm not.

But I'm a drum&bass head so I'm kind of bias on this subject. You should check out soma fm they have a dub station that plays some trippy bass dub, you should also check out The Dub Lounge or Big Up Radio both play some hella tight true olskool dub.
 Iron-nerd
Msg: 75
Posted: 2/2/2013 11:16:11 PM
Since before that. Hell you can hear the beginnings of what would become dubstep from the PS1 game Wipeout, either the first or second one. Maybe it was Wipeout XL from 97 or 98. Damn that was a good soundtrack
 GeorgiaMaria
Msg: 76
Posted: 2/4/2013 3:30:06 PM
I discovered DubStep... love Skillex.... any other groups that are real good to listen to ...anyone.
I even bought a program to try to figure out how to mix it for fun.
 VallyP
Msg: 78
Posted: 2/6/2013 8:45:23 AM
Dude, Mt. Eden is by far one of my faves, I hope they're doing EDC Chicago this year, I would absolutely dieeee!! Keep digging, there is so much out there, and eventually it will lead you to ultimate love of all electric music, or at least a general understanding of why people are so inclined to it.
 VallyP
Msg: 79
Posted: 2/6/2013 8:46:56 AM
Proppaa... hahaha.. <3
 Mkdragn
Msg: 80
Posted: 2/6/2013 2:51:10 PM
I agree excision and rusko are great. Try this song and tell me what you think .. Origin Unknown VIP by -Bratkilla
 TheElements
Msg: 81
Posted: 2/7/2013 2:05:46 AM
I actually produce music, and lately ive been getting into it as well...and just for a POF treat, here's a link to a yet-to-be-released track that was just finished up earlier today in fact.
Still needs to have a final mix on it though, as well as a lot of attention to the vocals...think of it as a very, very rough draft lol. Also, this isnt "dubstep" per say, more of a house/prog with a dubstep influence.

Song; http://www.hulkshare.com/wo93in0u5j40

No, you dont have to download anything, just hit the arrow for it to play :D
Show ALL Forums  > Art/Music  >