Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Art/Music  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Redfan45
Msg: 72
view profile
History
'Dubstep'.. Not everyones cup of tea but it's growing on me. Page 4 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
I'm probably one of the few young people to say this.
But dubstep sucks. I love EDM but dubstep is not on my list of EDM.
Honestly, they need to bring back the Breakbeat, Jungle, Acid, Happy Hardcore scene. Dubstep bores the hell out of me. Roland 303 Acid beats and pathetic dubstep drop.
 SoulfulEnigma
Msg: 74
'Dubstep'.. Not everyones cup of tea but it's growing on me.
Posted: 2/2/2013 9:36:44 PM
Dub step has been around alot longer then most people think, I can remember in 1993 or 94 when I was in Houston for a party & I first heard it I was like this is gona blow up, it's taken it for ever and it had to be used in some over rated rappers track for it to catch on and get the respect its owed. It's true roots are straight raggae, if your listening to true dub which has been around even longer since the early 80's you can hear it. Most of the masses are listening to an off shoot of dub, and not the pure sound that it was in the 90's, but I still have mad love for the sound, so don't think I'm hating on it, casue I'm not.

But I'm a drum&bass head so I'm kind of bias on this subject. You should check out soma fm they have a dub station that plays some trippy bass dub, you should also check out The Dub Lounge or Big Up Radio both play some hella tight true olskool dub.
 Iron-nerd
Msg: 75
Posted: 2/2/2013 11:16:11 PM
Since before that. Hell you can hear the beginnings of what would become dubstep from the PS1 game Wipeout, either the first or second one. Maybe it was Wipeout XL from 97 or 98. Damn that was a good soundtrack
 GeorgiaMaria
Msg: 76
Posted: 2/4/2013 3:30:06 PM
I discovered DubStep... love Skillex.... any other groups that are real good to listen to ...anyone.
I even bought a program to try to figure out how to mix it for fun.
 VallyP
Msg: 78
Posted: 2/6/2013 8:45:23 AM
Dude, Mt. Eden is by far one of my faves, I hope they're doing EDC Chicago this year, I would absolutely dieeee!! Keep digging, there is so much out there, and eventually it will lead you to ultimate love of all electric music, or at least a general understanding of why people are so inclined to it.
 VallyP
Msg: 79
Posted: 2/6/2013 8:46:56 AM
Proppaa... hahaha.. <3
 Mkdragn
Msg: 80
Posted: 2/6/2013 2:51:10 PM
I agree excision and rusko are great. Try this song and tell me what you think .. Origin Unknown VIP by -Bratkilla
 TheElements
Msg: 81
Posted: 2/7/2013 2:05:46 AM
I actually produce music, and lately ive been getting into it as well...and just for a POF treat, here's a link to a yet-to-be-released track that was just finished up earlier today in fact.
Still needs to have a final mix on it though, as well as a lot of attention to the vocals...think of it as a very, very rough draft lol. Also, this isnt "dubstep" per say, more of a house/prog with a dubstep influence.

Song; http://www.hulkshare.com/wo93in0u5j40

No, you dont have to download anything, just hit the arrow for it to play :D
Show ALL Forums  > Art/Music  >