Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Earl Dirt
Msg: 106
view profile
History
People Who Can't Be PunctualPage 7 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
I guess my Cattle prod would be in the form of a time clock if I had to clock in,thankfully,I get to write my time in because I'm not relieving anyone,in one way I don't feel I abuse it,I seem to make it a point to be 10 minutes late most days but stay over by 15 to 20 min. every day so it's not like I am taking anything from the Hospital,they get an hour or so a week of my time uncharged LOL,but I always awaken before the alarm goes off.
Yeah yeah,I know!! still irisponsible
 JRodriguez81
Msg: 109
People Who Can't Be Punctual
Posted: 3/1/2010 11:18:17 AM

What is the punctuation between inhale and exhale..?

Do time create obedient or obedient create time..?

Who created the obedient to time..?

Who created the time to obey .......

'Life persist no matter you agree or disagree on punctuations.'

birth and death are related. they hold each others hand, the seen from the unseen.

WHOOOOOA BRAH, YOU REALLY BLEW MY MIND!

Seriously though, wtf are you even rambling about?
 sungoddness
Msg: 111
Posted: 3/1/2010 11:21:30 AM
my guy friend just pulled the same crap on last weekend when we were going to leave at 8 am didint get to my house till 10 i was pissed so i just returned the favor cause he wanted to play and i show ed up late
 JRodriguez81
Msg: 112
Posted: 3/1/2010 11:22:04 AM
See, what I dont understand here is....why must I adjust myself in order to deal with someone's complete inability to be on time for something?

I mean, would you show up late for an appt, or late for a job? So why would you constantly be late to meet up with someone?

Say, you made reservations for a show, and she STILL shows up late....? Is it REEEEEALLY that difficult for her to adjust herself, and her schedule to try and make something on time?

Im sorry, but its discourteous to have someone constantly waiting for you since you cannot be on time to ANYTHING in your life.

Organize yourself.
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 113
Posted: 3/2/2010 7:40:06 AM

my guy friend just pulled the same crap on last weekend when we were going to leave at 8 am didint get to my house till 10 i was pissed

I'd never still be there two hours later when he showed up. I'd rather drive to an empty parking lot and sit in it than be home two hours after I made plans with someone.

I say if you're supposed to go somewhere with someone else - go anyway, and let them miss half of it. If you're supposed to meet someone, go anyway and enjoy it without them. Sometimes it's not wanting to go alone that makes you wait for someone else in order to have a good time. Don't get trapped in that corner.
 Alyosha
Msg: 116
Posted: 3/2/2010 9:29:32 AM
I had that problem with someone I lived with. I did all the cooking, and lost my temper once when she was late again for a meal.

"Why do you take it personally?" she asked. "I'm late with everybody."

"I take it personally," I said, "because it's happening to me!
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 119
Posted: 3/2/2010 9:48:34 AM
But social life? I'll get there when I get there. It causes no stress or conflict with my friends, because I don't break agreements about being places at a certain time. I just rarely make them.

Of course it doesn't hurt that I'm basically a solitary creature. I mostly go around and do things by myself.

I'm in agreement with this. The less you schedule your life around anyone, the less it matters what they do. If you don't want to be on time, tell people not to wait or don't make definite plans to break in the first place. If you don't like others being late, don't plan your stuff around them or wait for them.

I like to be early, but I don't care if someone's late. Why? Because I go on with the activity regardless. If someone misses some of the food, or fun, or whatever - that's certainly their choice.

It's all about mindset in life. A lot of stress comes from trying to control or worrying about stuff you can't change.
 Helen0426
Msg: 120
Posted: 3/2/2010 9:51:38 AM
KillingForCupcakes, the cultural references remind me of a Cuban-American guy I almost dated a couple of times... we only managed to actually get together once. The reason it's "almost" was, we'd make plans, then he'd call me two hours after he'd said he would, and ask me to do something completely different. Like, we'd have plans to call each other around 5:00 to firm up what time to go out for dinner that evening, I'd try him and get voice mail, and then he'd call at 7:30 to say he was at a nearby relative's house and ask me to come there to visit instead, to watch a movie with a bunch of friends and relatives. Now.

Of course by that time I was either out doing something else, or washed up and in my PJs all set to read and watch TV for the night, having figured we weren't getting together!

If I'd grown up with everything being so laissez-faire like that, it probably wouldn't have fazed me at all. But, I didn't, and it was just impossible to actually see the man. Too bad. I liked him a lot. He's a very sweet guy! He just has a really different idea of what it means to have plans with someone than I do.
 ForRumOnly
Msg: 122
view profile
History
Posted: 3/2/2010 12:00:17 PM
I've had friends who can't be punctual, ever. I simply stop inviting them to anything that is time-sensitive, and see them when the timing doesn't matter. I'll usually turn down invitations from them that require meeting anywhere but their home, as I know they will be late. I will also do as one other poster suggested - set off to meet them once they're already on their way and have a clear arrival time. People who are chronically late irritate me, so Iwould never stay in a relationship with such a person.
 aliveone1
Msg: 123
view profile
History
Posted: 3/2/2010 4:18:38 PM
died1000deaths: You're killing me! LOL! That must be some seriously good sh!t you are smoking! Why haven't I seen you showing up in any other threads? You should make this your full time gig! ....Words from BEYOND!
 krookie
Msg: 125
Posted: 3/2/2010 5:29:11 PM
You know, these two sides will NEVER meet! But, I think most people who want punctuality are NOT talking about someone who is "laid back" or who lets them know they'll "get there when they get there". Personally, that's fine with me. I'm actually a pretty laid back person, too. If they miss the dinner or miss the dancing or miss the movie because they got there late and we all left...why should I worry or fret about that?

No, as someone mentioned, it's the person who is habitually late AND expects others to wait for them or adjust schedules for them. THIS is the unacceptable part. If someone wants to live their life at a slower pace...great! No problem! But, once that person EXPECTS others to change or cater to them...that becomes a problem.

Okay, so that seems pretty simple to me, right? If it's one-on-one, you're either incompatible or you make it work. If it's a group situation, you let the "late" person deal with being late. We still do what we do and the "late" person is able to not stress and be on their own schedule. Problem solved!
 ~breathlesshush~
Msg: 126
view profile
History
Posted: 3/2/2010 7:53:56 PM
I struggle with this on occasion. When I lived with my kids Dad on the farm I found myself constantly late for work as it was a bit of a drive. My solution was to set every clock in the house for a different time; all of them early. It drove him nuts, but I was never late.

I am rarely late these days, though once in awhile something happens with one of the kids to cause a delay. Oh, and the only clock that's fast now is the one in my bedroom.

What is the punctuation between inhale and exhale..?

Do time create obedient or obedient create time..?

Who created the obedient to time..?

Who created the time to obey .......

'Life persist no matter you agree or disagree on punctuations.'

birth and death are related. they hold each others hand, the seen from the unseen.

Um...what?!

This is America killing for cupcakes. Adapt to our culture.
When I go to Mexico city, I'll adapt to yours.
In the mean time, show courtesy and be on time.

and may be a bit of a control thing.

Ya think?

Oh....bite me.

+1

Jesus ellena, rude much? You take patriotism to a whole new level..being punctual isn't an American thing, sorry to disappoint. And for the record, neither is this website.

Takes all kinds to make these forums go round...

Helen0426
Msg: 130
Posted: 3/4/2010 11:31:34 AM

I've posted photos before, and been falsely accused of posting pictures of a model, more than once.

Ha, I remember one of those instances. It was pretty funny. I don't really remember just what you look like, but I recall that you do have that "model type" look.

But aren't we getting pretty far afield here?

If you two are getting together for breakfast, count me out... unless you're willing to make it a 1:00 PM brunch! Or at least noon. I can make noon without having to rush. Uh, usually. My hair might still be wet.

Okay, in all seriousness, getting back to it... in the responses, I note that many feel that lateness is offensive in various ways, usually saying that it's "disrespectful," and I find it hard to argue with that.

But I also find it hard to feel that it's a big deal, myself, if it's under about half an hour; maybe due to my own past problems with timeliness, before I finally clued in that I simply needed to schedule things for later in the day, I really can't get offended about it. I do expect an en route call if possible, and an apology, just in the ordinary social manner, but not that it be more than the automatic pro forma sort of thing we're all taught to issue at such times.

'Round about half an hour, if I haven't heard, is when I start figuring the plan is off. That's really rare, though. Usually if people are late it's maybe 10-15 minutes. I cannot get worked up about that.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >