Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  > swearing in public with children around      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 SweetnessInFlorida
Msg: 32
swearing in public with children aroundPage 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
Tell the offending person to shut the fvck up with their fvcking potty assed mouth, 'fore you stomp their muthafvckin ass into the muthafvckin ground, for saying them awful words in front of your goddamn childrens precious little fvcking virgin ears.

Making someone think you might be crazier than they are usually shuts em up fast.
 mcalgary
Msg: 33
view profile
History
swearing in public with children around
Posted: 3/2/2010 9:35:47 AM

The amount of energy and concern that are put into a few select words is absolutely absurd to me. The word "fvck" isn't going to kill anybody. Your kids hear it on the playground every day and they hear far more hateful and detrimental language on a regular basis but as long as the words are not of the four-letter variety, that's okay. So, so, silly.

I'll agree that adult discussions don't belong in a place that caters to children: park playground, Chuck E. Cheese, toy store. But for the most part, this is an adult world and when adults and children share the same public space, far more often it's the adults who will be inconvenienced by your children.

You cannot be serious in the above statement can you?? How many 3 to even 6 year olds are swearing on the playground?? If I heard it there I would say something just like I would anywhere else. We are not talking about 12 year olds here.

There are also many other people that are or would be offended by your potty mouths. There are elderly people that come from a time of personal respect for yourself and others. I don't think that too many people have a huge issue with the one swear that pops out. It is the constant every 3rd word swearing that people have a problem with.
 sweetcheeks2him
Msg: 34
Posted: 3/2/2010 6:59:20 PM
I agree it slips out.. I do it too.. My biggest issue is when I am on a bus or in a resturant or a 'family' enviroment and all I hear is 'F' every other word and using 'B' to refer to a person most times female.. Would I say something if a person said 'F' once or twice or any type of swear used once or twice in general conversation, no of course not.. Most times I am not paying attention... BUT if a person teen or adult is using 'Mother Fing' 'F' and 'B' as their conversation in a place where children are yes I am gonna say something..
 Delete_Me_Please
Msg: 35
Posted: 3/3/2010 4:47:10 AM

There are also many other people that are or would be offended by your potty mouths.

And I'm not too keen on people butchering the English language but I don't stop and correct them every time I hear someone use a dangling participle. When you go out in public, you don't own the space around you.

There are elderly people that come from a time of personal respect for yourself and others.

That "respect" in regard to swearing is not based on any logic. If I stub my toe and say "fudge!" it means the exact same thing as if I said "fuck!" It's just another example of the sheep of the world not thinking for themselves but following archaic guidelines of what's bad and good. Why is "shit" bad but "poop" is okay even though they mean the same thing? Because someone told you so.

It's such a backward world that an innocuous word like "shit" can cause an uproar yet a truly detrimental word like "hate" gets a pass.
 Delete_Me_Please
Msg: 36
Posted: 3/3/2010 7:15:05 AM
^^I understand what you're saying. I have two nephews who have started learning swear words (not from me!) and I made it clear to them that those are adult words (not "bad" words) and that if they use them at school they'll get in trouble. But they would never be scolded for using them around me because I recognize how harmless they are. However, when they say something mean, I'm all over that.
 thatusernameistaken
Msg: 37
Posted: 3/3/2010 10:14:22 AM
Alooo, after reading a few of your posts I had to look at your profile to confirm something. Sure enough I was right, you don't have children of your own. If & when you do you may find your ideals change from what they were before you became a parent. I know that was the case for myself. I have heard many case of the "cool" aunt or uncle that lets kids swear or stay up late, eat candy, whichever. I do not hear of too many parents that would allow that behavior very often though.

I'm not saying that your comments have no value, I'm just saying that you probably have a different perception of the world than most parents do.
 Delete_Me_Please
Msg: 38
Posted: 3/11/2010 9:29:49 PM

If & when you do you may find your ideals change from what they were before you became a parent.

I won't be having children but I'm inclined to believe that if I did, I wouldn't lose all sense of logic. There's no logical reason why "shit" is bad but "poop" is okay. All these parents are so concerned about the harm of these innocuous "dirty" words but I bet most of them let their kids watch cartoons where characters are mocked and berated, where violence is the solution to problems. So hey, maybe I'm wrong and there's something about bearing a child that does make people lose their sense of logic.
Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  > swearing in public with children around