Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Is it a deal breaker someone does not answer the phone?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Cdn_Iceman
Msg: 276
Is it a deal breaker someone does not answer the phone?Page 12 of 13    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13)

The logic behind is that if these people want to date they should be taking time out of each day for there date regardless of any else going in there life, it takes dedication to date and you don't just do it because you are bored one day and need something to do.
WTF? that's like asking a guy why did you scratch your nuts when it wasn't itchy? that makes no sense, so according to you if im dating I should drop something im doing that is important just to take time for my date? so what should I give up Sleep, eating dinner, wiping my ass because it could cut into my date time? puleesssssssssssssssse... want to try that again?

Look .....ever hear of thing called " quality" time? or did you think that was the name of a Hip hop group from L.A ....FFS. look....... That doesn't mean I have drop important things that has to be done just to date, that is ridiculous , you really go to extremes there guy, no wonder you're not dating.
 browneyesboo
Msg: 277
Is it a deal breaker someone does not answer the phone?
Posted: 2/17/2011 12:44:40 PM

The logic behind is that if these people want to date they should be taking time out of each day for there date regardless of any else going in there life, it takes dedication to date and you don't just do it because you are bored one day and need something to do.

It's posts like this that make dating seem so difficult.
It doesn't take dedication to date. If you meet someone you're compatible with
you simply work out your schedules and time so they work for both of you. You
don't necessarily have to spend so many hours togother, talk at a certain time on
the phone or have sex a certain number of times per week to DATE.

Relationships do require a little more scheduling and compromising...but DATING ?
You make it sound like a part time job. How's that working for you? Oh yeah, not so
great I see.

And PS OT, I have call waiting, caller ID and voice mail. I usually answer my phone
if I'm able to (and if I want to). If it's someone I really care about, I'd probably answer
just to say I can't talk right now and I'll call you later. I'd never tell someone I didn't
feel like picking up the phone and talking to you, but yeah I'd not pick up the phone if
I didn't feel like talking to you.
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 278
view profile
History
Posted: 2/17/2011 1:09:19 PM

The real logic is that you should not be dating at all...you've no idea what obligations others have in their lives nor concideration for others, and are completely self-absorbed.
 ohwhynot46
Msg: 279
view profile
History
Posted: 2/17/2011 7:18:14 PM

Every day, if you truly can't spend at least 3 hours of everyday with your date then you do not have time to date.

As I more often than not don't even have three free hours each day to spend with my kids, that ain't happening! The fact that kids may be old enough to do things by/for themselves, doesn't mean that you shouldn't be there for them. Regardless of children, anyone who would expect me to dedicate three hours out of my day solely to them is not someone I'd choose to date. Dating need NOT be all THAT serious. Frankly, you sound like a woman! and a young one at that!

Those things do not have to be done every day and in fact that can all be done on a Sunday afternoon or morning.

Things need to be done when they need to be done, period. It is obvious that you have never spent a Sunday morning at my house.

You are entitled to want what you want out of a relationship, but please don't try to dictate the "rules of dating" to all. Simply, not having enough free time for YOU to make YOU happy is not the equivalent of not having enough time to date.
 Michaelann
Msg: 280
Posted: 2/17/2011 9:43:13 PM

I look at it like this, the phone rings I see it's my SO and say to myself "**** her, I'll call back when I feel like it" and then expect her to be okay with that. I see it as rude behavior. - terry430

This kind of behaviour is the sort of crap that makes me HATE callerID.
I understand all the good reasons why this technology is a good thing. I think the cops, FBI, CSIS, etc should be able to use to to deal with crime, terrorists & missing persons. I think it should never have been made into a publicly available service & I never use it, even when it has been offered to me for free. It's rude disgusting & a violation of people's privacy rights.

If there are people you don't want to talk to, get a blocked &/or unlisted number & be careful who you give your number out to. Or don't get a phone, if you're that anti-social.

I don't have an unlisted number, but I do make sure my address is unlisted.
 Friendly widow
Msg: 281
view profile
History
Posted: 2/17/2011 9:53:48 PM
This thread has gone so far off topic that it needs to end! IMHO!
 PrunellaJones
Msg: 282
Posted: 2/17/2011 10:27:55 PM

...you should not be dating at all...you've no idea what obligations others have in their lives nor concideration for others.....
It seems so. If you are going to date someone who does not have a job and does not have a family to look after, does not have much of anything else going on in their lives, I am sure they would have several hours a day to devote to 'dating.' Most people's lives are not like that.
 JP1111
Msg: 283
Posted: 2/18/2011 12:06:45 AM

the phone rings I see it's my SO and say to myself "**** her

If that is what you're thinking when your SO calls then, obviously there is a bigger problem here. If that is how you feel when she calls, then you could adress it with her before it blosoms into something else.
 Apollodorus
Msg: 284
Posted: 2/18/2011 5:37:44 AM
You make it sound like a part time job

Dating is essentially a part time job

BigBadNIrish
Msg: 285
view profile
History
Posted: 2/18/2011 6:05:45 AM

Dating is essentially a part time job

Perhaps it's time to find another job that better suits you.
 Apollodorus
Msg: 286
Posted: 2/18/2011 6:15:30 AM
^^^^dating suits me just fine
 Vannili
Msg: 287
view profile
History
Posted: 2/18/2011 3:43:12 PM
I always leave a message when I call someone or anybody who don't answer the phone,for I understand that they are avoiding these telemarketing people ,bill collectors or obscence phone calls. Or they are not home or they misplace their cell that is suppose to be close to their body,where ever the go..
If I leave a message and they never return my call I got the message and no comment I just move on to the" Next...
 Tatsinda
Msg: 288
view profile
History
Posted: 2/18/2011 5:59:28 PM
This behavior is too rude for me to tolerate.
I find this very passive aggressive, and cowardly.
Does she also behave this way to her boos, Mother, clients, and children? Or is it just you?
I did date a guy that did this very thing. I hated it! I found it rude. But it was just his way of telling me that HE"LL decide when we speak to each other, not me.
I stongly recommend doing the same to her, for a good week. Then listen to her complain about how mean you were. If she does not complain, or worse, not call, you have your answer. She was never that into you in the first place.
 YpsiJoe
Msg: 289
view profile
History
Posted: 2/19/2011 7:20:19 AM
I don't really think it is a big deal at all. People have lives outside of us so if they don't answer for what in your mind is no apparent reason remember they feel like it is a reason. Sometimes they are tired sometimes they are in a bad mood sometimes they may be playing hard to get. There are many underlying things that could cause this. Let it go and get over yourself.
 drumsafrican
Msg: 290
view profile
History
Posted: 6/12/2011 7:38:27 AM
Perhaps you are too demanding in what you expect or you call too much! If he calls you back within a reasonable amount of time, say a day or so, then that's polite and respectful.
You express a huge amount of anger over this issue, so I wonder whose issue this is!

Judith
 musical_turtle
Msg: 291
Posted: 6/12/2011 3:19:43 PM
I think if someone doesn't answer their phone, that means they're not interested.Two calls is the maximum amount a person should make, in my humble opinion.
If they don't answer back, then it's probably because he/she doesn't want to hurt the other person's feelings by being direct & saying
"I'm not interested in you, I don't like you" .
 pretty_songs
Msg: 292
Posted: 6/12/2011 3:39:27 PM
No, it shouldn't be a deal breaker if they don't answer the phone. I personally hate talking on the phone. If I am going to do any communication over any electronic device I'd rather text (unless it's something important). Otherwise I'd rather have all conversations in person. I've always been like that. I have friends who call me all the time "just to talk" and it drives me bonkers. So, yeah, a lot of the time I don't answer. I mean, it'd be different is she never answers ... but again, she might just not like talking on the phone.

I also don't see why you would have to answer the phone to tell someone you don't to talk. If it's important enough, leave a voice mail and I'll get back to you.
Msg: 293
Posted: 6/12/2011 4:34:20 PM
I rarely answer the phone.I almost always let it go right to the answering machine.What an annoying piece of techn0logy.
 PrunellaJones
Msg: 294
Posted: 6/12/2011 10:18:33 PM

I'm talking about seeing it ring, seeing it's you calling and deciding not to answer it ...
If someone I was dating did this to me, I'd assume he was not that interested, and I would stop calling and probably stop dating him. When I'm interested in someone, no way would I not answer the phone when he called. I would expect the same type of feelings from him. I rarely call anyone, male or female: I'm not a phone person, so I would never call someone several times a day and not call generally just to chat. For someone to ignore me, that signals to me he isn't really interested, and I would drop out of the dating relationship.
 Artof_life
Msg: 295
Posted: 6/14/2011 1:40:29 PM
Hello, look at this incident and find if there are other personal flaws which may add up to something. Stay cool and pay attention--one should not be surprised at WHAT they truly find...
 Carminooch
Msg: 296
Posted: 6/14/2011 1:59:51 PM
Its a case by case basis. Me personally wouldn't be offended. Send a text?
 Pompom123
Msg: 297
view profile
History
Posted: 6/17/2011 10:20:44 PM
I don't like to talk on the phone either. If someone calls me and I am busy and don't call back right away, and they call me again. This gets me upset because I feel they are trying to invade my space. We all need our alone time.

You are being needy. What is it about you that feels rejected? It's not that the person doesnt answer, it is always about you.
 karma1160
Msg: 298
Posted: 6/17/2011 10:43:35 PM
My daughter has 3 kids and 2 of them are very young, I have ajob where I work 2-10pm,
So yes we can not always answer the phone, and we may not be able to until it is very late.
So we have this deal where we text each other first to see if it is a good time.
If I don't receive a text than I know she is up to her eyeballs.
If she says I am on my way to a group meeting or what ever than I know she will call when she can.
I do not like to turn people away, but there are times when I am so brain dead at the end of the day that I feel like I would be bad company.
So I wait till I am feeling alert again.

I do not need to have my needs met immediately!!!!!!!!
I know that my family, freinds etc. care for me.
I do not need there instant reassurance that they still love me.
I would make a plan to call at a certain time and then text or leave a message stating you would like to talk, after you have done that go do something else.
 SunnyDazical
Msg: 299
Posted: 6/17/2011 11:11:22 PM
This one makes me giggle..yes I screen my calls..there are times when I'm just not in the mood to talk to _________ fill in the blank...doesn't mean I don't like or love them (friends-family)..I just don't wanna talk..I might be doing laundry..working..napping..chattin on line...watching a Jonny Depp movie (humina humina)...reading the postings on this forum..doing a crossworld puzzle (or more so googling the answers to a crossword puzzle)...does this make me a bad person...I don't think so..does it make me inconsiderate...I don't think so...does it make me lazy...yeah pretty much so..

Hazy Lazy,
Sunny
 forddieselman
Msg: 300
Posted: 6/18/2011 12:16:45 AM
personal you should call them back as soon as you when you first start dating and explain , as least i do that,
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Is it a deal breaker someone does not answer the phone?