Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Ready_Real
Msg: 128
Smooth Face or Slim Body?Page 4 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)
Why our society is so @#$%%&!!! focused on wrinkles -- not --is beyond me. What good is a smooth wrinkle free face if it comes attached to a "very very not slim" body for which sientific odds foresee multiple health risks?

A guy with a craggy wrinkled face at 55 or 60 who has rock hard abs and a twinkle in his eye is a guy i'd be thrilled to meet. He's lived his 5 or 6 decades --- and I applaud his genuine lifelines!
 tbicon
Msg: 129
Smooth Face or Slim Body?
Posted: 5/18/2012 2:19:28 PM
Agreed Ready. Being slim and healthy is far more important than having wrinkles. Too heavy makes a person slothful and old before their time. Don't even know why this would be an issue with most people.
 aboutgettingby
Msg: 130
Posted: 5/18/2012 3:11:28 PM
I have a few extra pounds and a few wrinkles, I'm healthy, I excersise daily, I guess i would expect about the same in a woman that is my age.
 smookymom
Msg: 131
Posted: 5/18/2012 5:35:48 PM
slothful!!! slothful!!! how old are you???

i am bursting out laughing. i will not try to respond to you...i am much too slothful and old...i have to go put my granny gown on and go to bed now.

thanks for the laugh. on the other hand, for whatever reason, your simple comment made me realize that what we are talking about here is one more kind of discrimination...one more stereotype.
all people who are not thin are slothful. i will remember this.

hhhmmmmm...what's the stereotype for people who are married and on dating sites?? i wonder.
 Lionesse19
Msg: 132
Posted: 5/18/2012 5:58:06 PM
I think a little fat on the face as you age is beneficial and I would prefer to have a smooth face as that is what is on show and you can always diet and exercise to keep in shape. A slim body with a wrinkled old face is not going to be so attractive I dont imagine. Like the mature and elderly women who wear their blonded hair way too long for their age.
 Dave of Indiana
Msg: 133
view profile
History
Posted: 5/18/2012 6:12:10 PM
Most older men that I know date women their age. For us a few extra pounds, a few wrinkles and silver hair is not a problem and usually assumed. It's when a few extra pounds translates into 50 to 100 that it becomes an issue. From reading women's comments it would seem most feel about the same. A man whose lunch, seriously, hangs over his belt may not be attractive. We all desire to be "somewhat" attracted to a romance partner but this is tempered with the reality of aging.
 tbicon
Msg: 135
Posted: 5/18/2012 6:40:12 PM
Well, maybe slothful was too strong a word. But certainly people who are heavier as opposed to leaner appear to have less energy, move slower than their leaner counterparts. And moving "slowly" is a dead give away to those who are aging quicker than others. To me, nothing makes a person look older quicker than slow moving. If us older folk can get rid of the excess fat in our guts and our hips, it will make us feel a lot, lot better. The wrinkles may make a person look old, but not necessarily feel old. Besides, they can be taken care of by dermabrasion, laser therapy, botox, or plastic surgery if need be. The only way to get rid of the fat is to eat better and exercise more.
 smookymom
Msg: 136
Posted: 5/18/2012 6:58:59 PM
okay, maybe i am being just too altruistic. i absolutely agree that weight is not a good thing. and i know that physical appearance is important, and believe me, i am attracted to some men and not others, sometimes because of appearance.

i guess it is just offensive when people sound somewhat condescending or judgemental about it.
and there are so many lonely people out there, (it seems), that maybe people are being overlooked for the wrong reasons.

i see there are people here who smoke...i don't think we want to banish them to a leper colony. there are people who maybe have different values regarding loyalty and faithfulness. i guess i just wanted to say that we are each and every one of us, just people, with our faults and demons, and let's be nice to each other. you don't have to think i'm sexy or a potential date, but i'm a pretty damn good person, and a lot of fun, so what's the good of making me feel like less than you because i have a weight problem?
i won't write anymore about this, maybe i'm too serious for this forum stuff. just thought i would take a stab at it.

and, just for the hell of it, i should confess that i met a man who i liked in every other way, but he was extremely obese, and i could not bring myself to go out with him again. boy, did i feel GUILTY over that one!!! but, it is what it is i guess. and he was really mad at me to boot.

okay, i'm signing off, i won't write again, promise.
 Blue-Eyes-Shine
Msg: 137
view profile
History
Posted: 5/18/2012 11:33:58 PM
How slim are we are talking? Slim as in skinny, or just less than 15 lbs over ideal? I do prefer a leaner toned body, but not skinny. Wrinkles on the face doesn't bother me a bit, but folds of fat does. Being a woman I am attracted to the V shape of a man, shoulders broader than the waistline. Sadly I have noticed men/women young and older who have
the ( ) shape, simple solution, eat less calories and move more.
 nativerock
Msg: 138
Posted: 5/19/2012 7:14:48 AM

@msg 145.............Sadly, for both sexes, the ( ) shape has become the rule and not the exception. We all wrinkle with age ; pretty much a given. We can all go to gym, watch our intake. Most folks opt out of moving more. It's easier to call someone shallow.

This is true we all do wrinkle, however hydrating your body with drinking lots and lots of quality water, and using coconut oil on your skin can help..

I also add coconut water to my daily smoothie that is so hydrating it makes me go clear.. You can call me shallow but I do not want a man that is highly overweight either.. He would crush me since I am only 112 soaking wet.. lol
 ICOMPLETEME
Msg: 139
Posted: 5/19/2012 12:33:53 PM
I have heard this before. Sadly for me, in regards to wrinkling, I was born with very light skin and hair and eyes. Couple that with my love of all things outdoors, and you get wrinkles. I am slim, but I doubt that that makes a big difference . I eat sugar every single day and I am healthy as a horse and don't gain weight. I believe the key is moderation in diet and exercise to maintain weight. And the key to not wrinkling is to inherit dark skin and stay inside.
 LG2727
Msg: 140
view profile
History
Posted: 5/20/2012 8:00:27 PM
Ill take the smooth face, which I have. I am, however, not the size of an 11 yr old boy that I find a lot of men want. Not sure why? Oh well, Id still rather look like a curvy girl with a smooth face then skinny and wrinkled even if I do continually get passed over.
 amalefriend
Msg: 143
Posted: 5/26/2012 7:37:56 AM
Silly question. Worry about your brains and your emotional state instead. The rest should follow.
 Tarnished_Knight
Msg: 144
view profile
History
Posted: 5/26/2012 11:58:35 AM
I prefer a slim toned body over that of a smooth face.
If that is the criteria, though, then let's allow those pounds and kilos to pile on as the years add up so that we maintain that smooth face.
Ich!

I prefer a face with character than a body with bloat.
As one who struggles with weight I know it is not a cake walk for everyone, but the health benefits are worth it.
To that end, I stay active, watch what I stuff in my pie hole, sometimes not so well, and strive to be a better me.

A friend of my son's mom has a very wrinkly face, she also has a very healthy looking body (to me and her husband).
Her face does not detract from her beauty.

TK
[if wrinkles were so bad, why would people desire shar-pei's]
 DeerTaint
Msg: 145
Posted: 5/26/2012 12:05:25 PM
I've seen some men say how hot a woman is because of her body when she had a butter face. So IMO, lots of men go for a good body over pretty face. I think that's why a lot of unfortunate looking women get huge implants to take away from their faces. LOL I'm joking...not really.

I'm more of a face person. It's what you have to look at first. You can't lose ugly but you can lose weight. LOL
 nativerock
Msg: 146
Posted: 5/26/2012 12:22:14 PM
I'm more of a face person. It's what you have to look at first. You can't lose ugly but you can lose weight. LOL

Okay so a double chin is attractive, or jowls...
 DeerTaint
Msg: 147
Posted: 5/26/2012 1:24:05 PM
I don't mind a little meat on the bones. If a person takes care of themselves, most likely nothing will be sagging including their faces/necks. I don't like skinny guys. Most people that are super skinny age really badly. I also have a thing about nice teeth. I don't like overdone caps where they look like a donkey. So no, a double chin doesn't bother me.
 MountainMama2012
Msg: 148
Posted: 5/26/2012 2:33:52 PM
Facial wrinkles don't bother me. I feel like genetics and age play a major role in those, anyway.

What bothers me is that most men who are obese describe their body type on here -- as well as on other dating sites -- as "about average" or "a few extra pounds", when their pictures CLEARLY show that they're as wide as they are tall. That tells me that they are either delusional in what a healthy body looks like or it's a sad state of how Americans view the "average" body to look like.

I read a study just the other day that states that 60% of Americans are clinically obese. 60%!! Is it any wonder we're dysmorphic in our perception of what "normal" is?? I was obese for 20 years and knew I was cutting my life short due to all the comorbidities that being obese causes. I finally took the bull by the horns and lost 102 pounds to get to a healthy goal weight . . . eating healthy and exercising 5 - 6 days a week for at least an hour a day. I did this in just under a year. Do I have extra, loose skin from all that weight loss? Yes. But I can "hide" it well in clothes. Hopefully by the time any relationship would get to the stage of being intimate, my partner will accept ALL of me and consider the loose skin as "battle scars" for winning the war.

So -- back to the original topic. . . Smooth face or Slim Body? I'll take the healthy body over no wrinkles any day. It's hard to even WALK carrying around all that extra weight. And I want a partner who has the stamina to participate in physical activities with me. I was the couch potato for 20 years and now I'm ready to LIVE.
 nativerock
Msg: 149
Posted: 5/26/2012 2:55:16 PM

I don't like skinny guys.

See there is someone for everyone since I do not mind skinny men..What I do not like is a double chin, jowls and a body that is obese.. Wrinkles on an aged man is fine it just adds character to him.
 nativerock
Msg: 150
Posted: 5/26/2012 2:59:41 PM

So -- back to the original topic. . . Smooth face or Slim Body? I'll take the healthy body over no wrinkles any day. It's hard to even WALK carrying around all that extra weight. And I want a partner who has the stamina to participate in physical activities with me. I was the couch potato for 20 years and now I'm ready to LIVE.

First of all wonderful for you.. I feel the same way you do, want a partner that can move and dance the night away with me.. It is really sad at the once a month 40 plus dance the amount of men that fear dancing at our age due to their lack of stamina.
 Luv_Lyfe
Msg: 151
Posted: 5/26/2012 3:24:55 PM
I prefer a smooth face on a slim body. They do exist!
 TraveliciousGuy
Msg: 152
Posted: 5/26/2012 4:30:12 PM

Ultimately, what do you think carries more impact in an older woman's attractiveness?

Smooth face.
 ilovehistory
Msg: 153
view profile
History
Posted: 5/27/2012 12:29:38 AM
I think big women age a LOT better than skinny ones. I have a friend who is 60, who i met in art school when she was around 45. I was 19 then, and my eyes popped out of my head when I saw her the first time. She had an incredible big sexy ass and thick thighs. Drool! We're good friends all these years later, and she looks older than when i met her, but she is still f--king HOT. Her face shows age, but she is still very pretty. Skinny women I know who are her age all look horrible, not just wrinkles, but their faces are sagged and ugly. The big women have some fat under their face to support their skin as they age, so they get wrinkles but still look pretty.
 emma108
Msg: 154
Posted: 5/27/2012 3:06:11 AM
I'AM A SLENDER WOMAN BUT I DON'T HAVE A BIG BUTT OR SAGGING SKIN.OF COURSE WHEN YOU GET OLDER YOU GET A FEW WRINKLES.THAT IS A PROCESS OF AGEING.IF PEOPLE CAN'T LOOK AT YOU FOR WHAT YOU HAVE ON THE INSIDE THEY DON'T NEED TO LOOK AT ALL.
 emma108
Msg: 155
Posted: 5/27/2012 3:08:48 AM
YOU ARE EXACTLY RIGHT.I WILL SOON BE 56 AND I DON'T LOOK IT.BUT IF THEY CAN'T ACCEPT YOU FOR WHAT YOU HAVE ON THE INSIDE THEN SWEETHEART MOVE ON.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  >