Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 emma108
Msg: 156
Smooth Face or Slim Body?Page 5 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)
EVERYONE NEEDS TO READ WHAT YOU WROTE.THUMBS UP.
 emma108
Msg: 157
Smooth Face or Slim Body?
Posted: 5/27/2012 3:15:40 AM
SKINNY OR SLENDER PEOPLE DON'T AGE ANY QUICKER THAN OTHERS.THEY ARE MORE INTO THERE HEALTH THAN ANYTHING ELSE.
 emma108
Msg: 158
Posted: 5/27/2012 3:19:59 AM
YOUR MESSAGE WAS VERY WELL WRITEN.I WISH EVERYONE WOULD READ IT.
 smookymom
Msg: 159
Posted: 5/27/2012 1:09:50 PM
the only reason i am posting again on this thread (which obviously brings out strong opinions in people), is because when i read i love history's post about liking that woman with big butt and thick thighs, i burst out laughing.

if you haven't figured out, i am one of the smooth face, not thin bodies. do i look obese at first glance? no. i actually have a figure, but the all famous "pear-shaped' i would say. i also want to say do i look like this because i think it's okay or it is my goal in life. of course not. i have food issues instead of drinking, gambling, smoking, drug issues. and i have had not the easiest life. do i still set a goal in my head to be healthier and lose weight, absolutely.
do i know that my pond is much smaller because i own up to a few extra pounds...of course.

BUT, the reason i laughed at the one post is because i have found that there are men who actually like voluptuous woman. i was lucky to meet a few of them. and actually, they tend to be very smart sophisticated men...and i won't make up a correlation or statistic about that, it was just who they were.

my more important point i guess is that hopefully people are attracted to each other for all different reasons...so why even worry about this. i agree that for both issues, the why is the most important thing. is the wrinkled face because of being an outdoorsy person and a lot of sunshine, or from a lot of smoking and drinking. is the big body from eating fast food every day and not giving a darn, or tendency toward overweight and that's the bad habit??

so, i'm glad the art student still likes his curvy art friend, and quite frankly, i would have a hard time passing up on robert redford because of his wrinkles!!!! lol
 smookymom
Msg: 160
Posted: 5/27/2012 1:14:12 PM
oh, i forgot. most important thing.

the reason overweight people have smoother skin is because fat cells produce estrogen and estrogen keeps elasticity in the skin. so it's science. just one of nature's trade-offs, i guess.

and if i could be petite with a few wrinkles, yes, i would ask the magic fairy to do that for me.
 ilovehistory
Msg: 161
view profile
History
Posted: 5/27/2012 10:50:00 PM

the only reason i am posting again on this thread (which obviously brings out strong opinions in people), is because when i read i love history's post about liking that woman with big butt and thick thighs, i burst out laughing.

Love them!

BUT, the reason i laughed at the one post is because i have found that there are men who actually like voluptuous woman. i was lucky to meet a few of them. and actually, they tend to be very smart sophisticated men...and i won't make up a correlation or statistic about that, it was just who they were.

To hear some guys, only losers like big girls. Its a load of horsesh-t. As you've seen!

so, i'm glad the art student still likes his curvy art friend, and quite frankly, i would have a hard time passing up on robert redford because of his wrinkles!!!! lol

My friend has a nice body and is still very pretty despite the wrinkles she has. I think part of it too is she is an EXTREMELY intelligent woman, which is extremely rare where I live, and a super talented artist. Strange as it is, i'd marry her if she wanted me.
 vanityfair55
Msg: 162
Posted: 5/28/2012 4:58:22 AM
smookymom-I just wanted to say I also would have a hard time passing up Robert redford because of his 'wrinkles"!
 nativerock
Msg: 163
Posted: 5/28/2012 5:00:52 AM

smookymom-I just wanted to say I also would have a hard time passing up Robert redford because of his 'wrinkles"!

Would love to wake up in the middle of the night and see his wrinkled face on the pillow.. So count me in there too..
 Lifecanbgreat
Msg: 164
Posted: 5/28/2012 11:08:40 AM
what do you find most important on man?
Write me direct by e mail

You are lucky to have nice face and nody
 Linda136
Msg: 165
Posted: 5/28/2012 4:26:08 PM
Smookymom - I couldn't have posted anything better. Thank you. Anyone can spout statistics about the population of slim, heavy, fat; age of death due to increase in weight; etc. We are who we are. Would some of us change ourselves if there were a "magic fairy"? Probably. Nevertheless, it's a matter of preference. We like what we like. I respect men who say in their profile what "type" of women they are looking for. It saves me time and rejection. It used to bother me and hurt me, but now I find the honesty refreshing. What I do find is that most men (around my age) on this site interested in slim, petite, usually younger women. They seem to be well entrenched in physical fitness and healthy eating. As much as that is a good thing, it almost seems obsessive to me.

Well, I could go on and on about several of the thoughts I mentioned above. Bottom line... As we age and face our final years (and we are all doing that and no one knows how many of those years any of us has left) who do we want sitting next to us on the porch, on the plane, in the hospital bed? It will be the person on the inside of that tone/untone body, wrinkled/unwrinkled face, skinny/over weight bottom, etc.....

I just wish I could find someone who would be willing to see beyond my physical being to all of the goodness I have to give.
 Greatcatch12345
Msg: 166
Posted: 5/29/2012 5:06:17 AM
cant I have both?/ LOL...
 vanityfair55
Msg: 167
Posted: 5/29/2012 5:10:40 AM
Linda136-I agree it would be wonderful if most people just looked on the inside but sadly they don't.A short story I met a man on line (not a dating site)but he had a really old pic up of himself,when I met him it was shocking too me at first as not only was he alot older but alot heavier.Turned into a 2 year relationship that was the most romantic I've ever had(hate too say this but am thinking cause he was foreign). Why is it most men post everything they want in a woman on here,beautiful,slim,athletic,sexy,god forbid you look even near your age have their same ideals,than you look at their profiles and wow do they not need a r eality check! Your second paragraph is so very true!
 Xebavara
Msg: 168
Posted: 5/29/2012 10:07:17 AM
I find it does help...but sometimes ad attractive figure and a nice personality. Ofcourse that can beother way around asl well....pretty face a little heavy but great personality can work. It's tough some people can pull-off the heavy look while others CAN'T. And then ofcourse you have the people that didnt' look so great when young and they get better-look9ing w/ age! I've known of some cases there! Gee aren't you glad you asked? Now, you're probably more confused than ever! Lol.
 tbicon
Msg: 169
Posted: 5/29/2012 2:35:32 PM
They seem to be well entrenched in physical fitness and healthy eating. As much as that is a good thing, it almost seems obsessive to me.

Huh? You are turning a positive into a negative? To me this is really simple. I DESPISE myself when I don't feel well, when I feel sluggish and fat . . and I feel that way almost any day that I choose NOT to exercise.

On the other hand, I feel great for the day after a good hour or less (if intensive enough) of cardio-strength training.

Its not a question of "obsession" it’s a question of fighting against father time, and he can be taken on, maybe not indefinitely . . but taking him on "obsessively" makes life a lot more comfortable and a lot more enjoyable

I really do feel bad for people who have to carry around significant excess weight . . I don't see how they can stand living in their skins. I feel really bad for people struck down with auto-immune diseases that rob them of their mobility, cause pain, etc. It takes a true hero to fight that kind of disease and still enjoy a good quality of life.

My SO takes care of herself. Yoga, weight lifting, etc. most days of the week. That's a real plus in our relationship.
Not sure I could be in a relationship with a woman who lets herself go. Lots of women my age have large butts, flabby arms, etc. No Thanks. I can be friends with these women, as many of them are truly wonderful people, but not have a physical relationship with them. The attraction is simply not there, and yea, I do wonder why some people allow themselves to get grotesquely out of shape. Aging alone is no excuse for doing so.
 Tarnished_Knight
Msg: 170
view profile
History
Posted: 5/29/2012 10:02:16 PM
vanityfair55 wrote:

it would be wonderful if most people just looked on the inside but sadly they don't.A short story I met a man on line (not a dating site)but he had a really old pic up of himself,when I met him it was shocking too me at first as not only was he alot older but alot heavier.Turned into a 2 year relationship that was the most romantic I've ever had(hate too say this but am thinking cause he was foreign). Why is it most men post everything they want in a woman on here,beautiful,slim,athletic,sexy,god forbid you look even near your age have their same ideals,than you look at their profiles and wow do they not need a r eality check!

vf,

your post is so insightful as to one of the more glaring dissimilarities between men and women (and before anyone jumps down my shorts, I did not say all men nor all women). Men and women, generally, are wired differently. Generally,, men (males) tend to put a premium on what they find physically desirable. But, if you spend any time reading these postings, you find that what appeals to men is quite diverse. Perhaps it's due to our lack of a monthly cycle that the physical rises in importance.

Now in defense of men, I have also read countless replies on here from women bemoaning the woeful (physical) appearance of the men they've met. So, it seems to me, what's good for the gander also seems to fit the goose.

TK
 ScorpioSuz
Msg: 171
Posted: 5/30/2012 6:20:28 AM
I can tell you that having a good body gets you everywhere hehehe
I am 50 but i have a good body.
So you are right men like a good body first.
 ScorpioSuz
Msg: 172
Posted: 5/30/2012 6:28:53 AM
I agree with you entirely, i like being slim i can wear what i want and feel i look nice and i must say that a man with a good body appeals to me more than a handsome man. I am 50 but i look after my body.
 waboloh
Msg: 173
view profile
History
Posted: 6/4/2012 3:43:10 PM
The answer is simple.....people who have wrinkles or lines on their faces simply do not take care of their faces. A well moisturized face and neck will not have wrinkles or lines no matter what the size of the body.
 HippyDippyWeatherman
Msg: 174
view profile
History
Posted: 6/6/2012 5:33:35 PM
If women just thought of their wrinkle as an extension of their cleavage there would be a lot less angst in this world.
 fillyphilly
Msg: 175
Posted: 6/6/2012 7:05:20 PM
Since I no longer have either I prefer to think of myself as a magnificent ruin.
 Happy Dude 63
Msg: 176
Posted: 6/6/2012 7:13:37 PM
BODY 100% over face....

reasons? your face is your face...it is your personality...it is you... your body, is your effort, your drive, your healthy level....your daily life...

i will love ur face....and worship ur body....
 ladync47
Msg: 177
Posted: 6/7/2012 6:29:25 PM
If someone didnt date me cause of my wrinkles or my weight then I think I wouldnt want him anyway. Everybody is going to get old so hopefully the person we are with doesnt stop wanting us cause we.age. I'm 46 yrs old I expect my.man to.have some.wrinkles. I plan on loving everyone of them...
 femaleconnection
Msg: 178
Posted: 6/8/2012 5:56:25 AM
I dont worry about my face other than the basics...wash it, moisturize it and block the sun. What mother nature does with it after that, is out of my hands. Genetics play a bigger role than what I do or dont do....and my wrinkles are mostly from smiling and laughing-all good memories that I wouldnt take back for anything.

As for my body, Im accountable to make sure it keeps me mobile and gets me where I need to go. I stay active for that reason.

I wouldnt ever choose between one or the other- its all about the entire package. I've crushed on men with babyfaces and men with crows feet. Ive crushed on men who were thinner than the average bear and men with meat on thier bones. It just doesnt matter so long as there is a connection, attraction and compatibility.
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 179
Posted: 6/9/2012 2:03:47 PM
Zsa=Zsa Gabor said that a woman chooses her face or chooses her body--Turner isn't the first one to make this observation.

For some of us, a small ass is not an option: the size is in our genetic make-up.

If I weighed what the weight charts say I should weigh, my face would be haggard.
 ComplekCity
Msg: 180
Posted: 6/9/2012 2:17:29 PM
For some of us, a small ass is not an option: the size is in our genetic make-up.

The size of an ASS,
( not " azz " ) ,
isn't the only factor in what makes for a nice ASS :

If the SHAPE is good and it's FIRM the size can be a lot bigger than you probably realize.

So, all you women that think you're fucked due to genetics, just go rent some ass exercise vids ( lunges are good ), and get it nice and tight.

You're welcome.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  >