Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Halcyon_Skies
Msg: 181
Smooth Face or Slim Body?Page 6 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)
In an interview, Kathleen Turner quipped that as a woman gets older she has to choose between her face and her azz. Without surgical intervention, slim women tend to show more wrinkles and looser skin tone. For the sake of discussion, assume Ms Turner is correct in her statement, which is MORE important to you? Do you look at the face or the body first? Ultimately, what do you think carries more impact in an older woman's attractiveness?

They carry equal impact as far as I'm concerned---therefore, I strive to meet both goals.

I do NOT agree with the statement that slim women have looser skin tone, however. Those that have maintained a slender figure throughout their adult lives do not normally have looser skin. Loose skin is often attributed to a loss of skin elasticity due to major weight fluctuations, i.e. repeatedly gaining and losing a significant amount of weight.

Genetics, pregnancy, diet, exercise, smoking, drinking, and sun exposure are among other contributing factors.
 Halcyon_Skies
Msg: 182
Smooth Face or Slim Body?
Posted: 6/10/2012 5:54:55 PM
What I do find is that most men (around my age) on this site interested in slim, petite, usually younger women. They seem to be well entrenched in physical fitness and healthy eating. As much as that is a good thing, it almost seems obsessive to me.

I don't think it's obsessive at all----instead, it's the sign of a healthy personality and positive self-esteem. Having a better quality of life and a larger dating pool are all within our reach.

I, for one, am not willing to give up my health and social life for the sake of having a few extra plates of food at the buffet---it's just not worth it.
 Tarnished_Knight
Msg: 183
view profile
History
Posted: 6/10/2012 9:20:54 PM

What I do find is that most men (around my age) on this site interested in slim, petite, usually younger women. They seem to be well entrenched in physical fitness and healthy eating. As much as that is a good thing, it almost seems obsessive to me.
I don't think it's obsessive at all----instead, it's the sign of a healthy personality and positive self-esteem. Having a better quality of life and a larger dating pool are all within our reach.

I, for one, am not willing to give up my health and social life for the sake of having a few extra plates of food at the buffet---it's just not worth it.

It's not obsessive, it's just taking responsibility for your life and your own personal well being. I can not guarantee I'll be here tomorrow, that a bus won't take me for a spin on it's bumper, that a piece of space debris won't pile drive me into steaming heap of protoplasm; but, I can eat responsibly, stay as physically fit as I can, and dot all my t's and cross all the i's when appropriate.

I'm the first to admit I have a problem with food. I love to eat. I like the taste of most every thing, especially with plenty of honey and butter. I like the feel of food - from the chew of a good steak to the crunch of celery or the apple I had this evening. On the other hand, I don't like the way overweight feels. And obese - I could write a (small) book on that one. It's always in the way. You have to allow for more room around things. Moving your body takes more effort.

And, I'm vain enough that this matters to me -- I think people, and most non-sentient animals, look better when they are at an appropriate weight. I know I look better.

And, finally, I'm at the age where I do not want to, nor can I, horse around a woman that weighs too much. Good grief, I want to have an active "romantic" life again someday. I do not want most of my energy going to move some immovable mass when there are better uses for that energy.

So, I prefer a woman who chooses not to indulge at the buffet, I'll take the woman with the extra wrinkles; and, all things being equal, I won't have to listen to the extra wheezing leading up to being "romantic." Now, heavy breathing during ...

Yeah, I know, I'm an SOB.

TK
[Nothing, to excess, tastes as good as thin (slender, lithe, fit, etc) feels]
 Wonder5750
Msg: 184
view profile
History
Posted: 6/11/2012 11:36:08 AM
isn't just a matter of wanting someone equal to your health status? Doesn't mean they have to bench press the same, but just be able to "keep up". seems its just one more sign of compatablitiy. So I would be more inclined to seek someone with equal physical attributes rather than worry about a few lines on the face. I really only care about the smile anyway, and people that smile a lot will have a few more wrinkles :)
 JAXDiver
Msg: 185
view profile
History
Posted: 6/11/2012 7:06:45 PM

For the sake of discussion, assume Ms Turner is correct in her statement, which is MORE important to you? Do you look at the face or the body first? Ultimately, what do you think carries more impact in an older woman's attractiveness?
More important is whether I see her first coming or going. After that the question is, now do I want to catch up to her and chat? I pretty face never hurts the eyes and a nice butt is nice to hold onto at the proper moment. Doesn't it feel nice to be desired for what you have? Me? I'm a sucker for bare shoulders and legs. Yes, the leg bone is connected to the derriere.
 doesthyknowwhatshewants
Msg: 186
Posted: 6/14/2012 3:46:14 AM
Agree! I have a very smooth face and haven't used a moisturiser ever and use soap every day.

RIP Over the fields
 Peppermint_Petunias
Msg: 187
view profile
History
Posted: 6/14/2012 4:37:51 AM
I'll take the body any day.

Faces that age or aren't perfect still mean you can be HOT.

How you live NOW shows in your body.

BODY 100% over face....

reasons? your face is your face...it is your personality...it is you... your body, is your effort, your drive, your healthy level....your daily life...

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Most men and women think this way IMO.

Halcyon_Skies
Msg: 188
Posted: 6/14/2012 8:01:46 AM
Faces that age or aren't perfect still mean you can be HOT.

How you live NOW shows in your body.

BODY 100% over face....

reasons? your face is your face...it is your personality...it is you... your body, is your effort, your drive, your healthy level....your daily life...

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Most men and women think this way IMO.

I pretty much agree to a certain extent, however, I don't see a whole lot of point of having an ultra-thin body if it's going to age me by ten years. I have a very thin face as it is. I keep myself on the slim side, and at a healthy BMI, but at the same time, I'm not aiming to be a size 2.

I've seen close-up pictures of some celebrities around my age that are super-slim, and I would not want their wrinkles. They look good only because their pictures are heavily retouched.
 BLoNde__ANgeL
Msg: 189
Posted: 6/14/2012 11:28:25 AM
I think each one of us has to decide what healthy choices (diet, exercise, etc) we can make & be happy with, & however our body & face reacts to that is how it is going to be, w/ the exception of cosmetic surgery. There's always skincare products & some makeup, hair color, & dressing appropriately for one's body type, like pear or apple shape, etc.

Genetics also have alot to do w/ it. I have bragged about my late Grandma over the years in the forums, I won't bore anyone w/ a repeat, other than to say she was very fortunate!
 BlackLady1953
Msg: 190
view profile
History
Posted: 6/14/2012 1:15:27 PM
Robert Redford? HELL NO!
Harry Belefonte? HELL YEAH! And he is an old man!
 zookie57
Msg: 191
Posted: 6/14/2012 4:21:18 PM
If women just thought of their wrinkle as an extension of their cleavage there would be a lot less angst in this world.

Or if she has some gawd ugly tat on their left breast! lol

And whether it be slim or slimmer,fat or normal, they are out there by the bush,but...........if she doesn't possess any inner beauty, then it's really all for not.......jmo
 Dave of Indiana
Msg: 193
view profile
History
Posted: 6/16/2012 10:47:35 AM
IMO most men over 55-60 accept silver hair and some wrinkles in facial skin. We're at that age and we have bathroom mirrors as well.

Having a proportional figure (not expecting perfection) is preferred. Being shaped like a Volkswagen is not.
 Halcyon_Skies
Msg: 194
Posted: 6/16/2012 10:56:56 AM

PeppermintPetunias: Faces that age or aren't perfect still mean you can be HOT.

True, HOWEVER when the face is in sharp contrast to the persons body?? Not so HOT imo. Of course, there's always the paper bag route. lol

I've noticed this sharp contrast tends to work the other way around more often than not---when you see a woman with a youthful face, but a thick, matronly-looking figure. Perhaps one of those big paper lawn and leaf bags will suffice in those cases. :)
 Halcyon_Skies
Msg: 197
Posted: 6/16/2012 2:24:01 PM

^^^^ I'm not saying that scenario is good either.....but I still don't think it's just down right ODD looking. Put it this way, I have been standing behind a women that had a very thin body and was dressed really cute (wearing kind of young-ish looking clothes) and then she turned around.....and it almost startled me. Of course.....I think not having to choose between either is BEST! ; )

This does have me wondering why this doesn't really happen with men though? Kind of interesting.

It's easier to guess men's ages from behind since their greying or balding heads usually give them away as being older. Not to mention the fact that stiff, arthritic gaits don't show up in photographs.
 BLoNde__ANgeL
Msg: 198
Posted: 6/16/2012 3:14:00 PM
NOW, what would be really BAD? A double bag job- one over the head, plus a leaf bag over the bod...I better stay on my diet! I don't want to be mistaken as a pile of leaves or a matron or the Pillsbury Dough Boy!ROTFLMAO!
PS_ Don't Be Tardy For The Wedding- Kim Zolcianak's Mom...someone needs to sit her down, and makke her eat pork chops w/ mashed potatoes, gravy & biscuits!!!
 Abby156
Msg: 199
view profile
History
Posted: 6/16/2012 4:33:54 PM
@ cautiousluv, were you standing behind me? :D
 vestaceres
Msg: 201
Posted: 6/17/2012 4:56:05 AM
Knowldge is far more important to me. It is why I spend a lot of time acquiring it.
 Peppermint_Petunias
Msg: 202
view profile
History
Posted: 6/17/2012 5:10:20 AM
I have seen what looks like 35 year old faces on 60 year old bodies a LOT in this area..

Guess they can only afford above neck procedures.It is not an indication of health and vitality, just a good surgeon working above the neck.
It's not hot.

Tweeking is ok but keep it relative to the rest of you.

I guess I thought this thread was about having a pretty/beautiful face verses an average or plain face and a great body.

I rather have the body.

As far as the face, keep the skin looking as good as you can, work with what you have and if you have great hair thats a plus
Shiny hair is hot.
 Dan0777
Msg: 203
Posted: 6/17/2012 10:34:57 PM
I prefer a smooth face.

That's where most of the charm comes from, for me.

I like a slim body, am not fond of fat, but a curvy lady with a pleasant face can make me forget the body, for the most part.
 Wonder5750
Msg: 204
view profile
History
Posted: 6/18/2012 8:32:24 AM
Yeah see it has to be the body, you can't put a bag over that ... *just joking!*
 Dave of Indiana
Msg: 205
view profile
History
Posted: 6/18/2012 1:46:44 PM

Yeah see it has to be the body, you can't put a bag over that ... *just joking!*

A big bag?
 Dan0777
Msg: 206
Posted: 6/20/2012 12:37:47 AM

I have been standing behind a women that had a very thin body and was dressed really cute (wearing kind of young-ish looking clothes) and then she turned around.....and it almost startled me.

This is why I think having a nice face on a not-as-attractive-body is more forgiving.:- P
 Wonder5750
Msg: 208
view profile
History
Posted: 6/20/2012 1:38:32 PM
In a world were love is supposed to be blind, I guess sometimes it isn't lol

I like things to match.. so if people are just natural it should be all good.. right?
 pfif
Msg: 209
Posted: 6/20/2012 2:07:17 PM
Eye contact.

When I meet someone's eyes, what transpires in the next few milliseconds is the most determinate factor in what will follow.

There are many women who appear photogenic but who also exhibit fear during initial eye contact. My first-stage flirtatious behaviour gets shut down hard by that.

A very average looking woman who has that spark, sets my flirtatious behaviour in motion.

Beauty is advertized health, and health is the important selection factor in seeking mates. Maybe the most important one. But since we're not just primates but human, what goes on between the ears (and is then communicated out the eyes) matters a great deal.

One weird thing: self-image clashes that are exhibited in the form of the application of cosmetics that just don't read well. I don't have the vocabulary for it to describe how it impacts me, but I know it's a filter I can't shut off easily nor am I motivated to do so. I'd rather see sallow skin tone of the actual person than a shade of lipstick that just says 'aesthetics-blind'. I should ask someone locally about this, some time. The last time I did, I got agreement; but I'd like to understand it in me, not just be agreed-with.

It seems hard-wired, though.
 Dan0777
Msg: 210
Posted: 6/20/2012 7:11:45 PM

Yea, but to be fair....I have seen some women with extremely beautiful faces with a big round body. SO? I think this question is a little hard to answer. It would depend on HOW un-smooth the face is?.....or HOW un-slim the body is? I don't think I would want to date a man that was extremely overweight even if his face looked like Keith Urban. (and I LOVE Keith Urban's face.....lol) Nor would I want to date a man that had a body like David Beckham but a face like Newt Gingrich? So yea....kind of hard to say really.....it would just depend.

Ok, I thought we were supposed to avoid the extremes.

But between an ugly face and an ugly body, I'd still prefer the attractive face. That's normally what I communicate with the most. We express ourselves with it. Lip action. etc :P

Of course I'd like to avoid the extremes.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  >