Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Washington  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Hiiwayman
Msg: 22
Is it a crime to dress nice in Washington?Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
And all this fuss from a gal dressed in a baseball cap,wereing a sweetshirt and driving a truck.
Unbelievable!
 burke001
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Is it a crime to dress nice in Washington?
Posted: 4/6/2010 8:17:35 PM
It's not so much that it's a crime. It's a matter of practicality and the culture. Generally, on the West Coast, people dress more casually than you would see in, say, New York or Boston. If I went to New York wearing what I wear to work everyday (clean blue jeans, button-up shirt, leather jacket (yes I wear animals)), I'd look way under-dressed. The thing is, we still are considered the "New West," and things aren't as formal around here. That's not to say that we don't know how to dress up. I have a pin-stripe suit, nice slacks, and so on, but I don't wear it all the time. We also have the whole passive-aggressive cold shoulder routine down solid.
 valenciacityx
Msg: 25
Posted: 6/24/2010 1:37:40 AM
yes, but it is a secondary offense, the fines are horrendous, but be of good cheer, its not like they are deporting you if you show up in Armani.
 eric5k
Msg: 26
Posted: 11/6/2010 8:00:54 PM
One gf I always gave me crap if I wore a button up shirt, but she can wear a nice halter top...females... (ducks thrown object) :p

Honestly move to Europe if this is big thing to you, there are much less stragglers there.
 alihakim1031
Msg: 29
Posted: 8/6/2011 3:31:59 PM
This question made me laugh. I agree completely! Sadly, if you've ever gone to Walmart, it's pretty eye opening. When did the idea that going out in your PJ's was a good idea.
 usernonymous
Msg: 31
Posted: 12/12/2011 8:15:45 AM
I live in Bellevue, Wa. Women dress fashionably here. Men, while some definitely need some help, are also fairly well dressed ( I am thinking they are getting help from their SO and spouses).
 Solitairesway
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 1/4/2012 12:54:04 PM
When you dress well you feel better about yourself. I believe it partly has to do with personal comfort & self-esteem issues.
 Mulvah
Msg: 33
Posted: 1/4/2012 7:53:14 PM
I agree, Solitairesway ~ it also makes me feel good to see others dress well. Not expensively, but stylish
 solosix
Msg: 34
Posted: 1/22/2012 9:30:46 PM
Look .. Its like this .. "Dressing nice " by whose standards ..If you want to dress like NewYork .. Move to NewYork . The economy is bad , car payments-mortgage - food and gas . Well Id certainly say those are more important than making sure you approve of what I am wearing.
 solosix
Msg: 35
Posted: 1/22/2012 9:33:52 PM
and OMFG you live in Mt vernon ,Thats the redneck capital of washington...Might I add your dressed like a Real Estate agent ..You show up like that on a date with me Id be scared Im signing loan papers
 CougarHunter221
Msg: 36
Posted: 1/26/2012 11:06:57 PM
Valencia, that is a terrible hat. You should throw it away.
 Kathynaturally
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Posted: 1/29/2012 1:16:48 AM
I like this conversation. I live on the outside of city life, i.e. Seattle/Tacoma and find the outlying areas tend to be sweatshirts and jeans for the gals. Well not my idea of fun. When I go out, I enjoy dressing up. But then, I never enjoyed "the Friday jeans at work day" either. So I dress up, heels and skirts or heels/boots and dress slacks for cold and rainy days whenever I go into small town Shelton and Olympia. However, I tend to migrate to all parts north and south, bigger cities, where there is activity, music and entertainment for my time off.
 CarsAreScary
Msg: 38
Posted: 2/6/2012 12:45:07 AM
Guys, relax. Most of us Tacomaianionites got together one night and thought it'd be funny to dress like crap just to piss people off.

Although the fact I wear garbage bags for socks is purely for medical reasons.
Show ALL Forums  > Washington  >