Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ohio  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 DesertFox3
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Exchanging Mr. Right for Mr. Good EnoughPage 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
I believe the resaon why I never married or even sparsely dated in my younger years (when I was better looking, had more stable & better paying employment, in a bit better shape, had more hair ect) is that I never fell into the catagory of Mr. 'Good Enough'... thus none of you women had 'settled' for me.... kudos to you?

Obvious though I couldn't had been worse than what really was out there as reason that you are here & these sites are so popular now.
 climbsagain
Msg: 43
Exchanging Mr. Right for Mr. Good Enough
Posted: 8/24/2010 12:56:59 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^Let's dissect this dichotomy, shall we? On one hand you have those that seem content to mostly hide behind the computer screen complaining about the lack of substance from the forums. On the other you have the social butterflies who get out and meet the other fish swimming in the pond. Still yet, there are those that sign up to just about every event never having the intention of going and will come back here and say the forums are dead.

It is more than who starts the threads, interesting how even the popular members here stopped writing as the topics were not discussed.

The author of this post has had many threads wither away due to lack of interest, and I hear from her loyal friends that her posts are interesting.

^^^^^^^^On the other you have the social butterflies who get out and meet the other fish swimming in the pond. Still yet, there are those that sign up to just about every event never having the intention of going and will come back here and say the forums are dead.

When I sign up I sign up to go, just the same i have many frineds that invite me out, I will visit with a friend before I attend a POF event everytime.

Yes the forums are dead.

As for the topic i think the vast majority of fish that attend the parties show that many people look for mr. /Mrs. Right over good enough.
 TJ7
Msg: 44
Posted: 8/24/2010 1:30:19 PM
Similar to the topic..............I have also found many people who have gotten into a relationship with Mr/Mrs Right and have decided that Right was not good enough and continued looking for greener grass on the other side - instead of working on the original "right" relationship - and basically, having their cake and eating it too.
 DesertFox3
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Posted: 8/25/2010 1:02:58 AM

..............I have also found many people who have gotten into a relationship with Mr/Mrs Right and have decided that Right was not good enough ....
We'll stop right there.....then right was not right?

Didn't you do that a few times TJ or am I thinking of someone else?
 TJ7
Msg: 46
Posted: 8/25/2010 3:55:11 AM
You're such a stinker Foxy!!!

Actually yes I did and I got out of there very quickly - but then again, I wasn't the one looking for the greener grass tho - my competition was either ex-wives, the guy's girlfriend-Ms. Al-ki-hal, or their "future" girlfriend.
 DesertFox3
Msg: 47
view profile
History
Posted: 8/25/2010 10:52:04 AM
Aww TJ, Didn't like the color of the bike?

I remember Mr. Al-ki-hal being my competition..... one of the most interesting 8 weeks I had in a long time. I still am on speaking terms with most all of my formers, so is that a bad thing?
 TJ7
Msg: 48
Posted: 8/25/2010 12:22:21 PM
^^^Not at all a bad thing - it's good to be able to forgive and go forward - even remaining friends with formers.

Life_Is_Better
Msg: 49
Posted: 2/12/2013 8:29:43 AM
I just heard about "Marry Him: The Case for Settling for Mr. Good Enough" by Lori Gottlieb on the John Tesh radio program this morning. What came to mind was the adage "there's no use striving for perfection in a non-perfect world".
Show ALL Forums  > Ohio  >