Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > 20 years later      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 valenciacityx
Msg: 19
20 years laterPage 3 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
misogynist? You say that like its a bad thing ! If it makes you feel better, I dont trust men either. So its all EEOC compliant

Option D is apparently the answer thank you USC
"I heard you were in town, wanna fvck?"
 JRodriguez81
Msg: 20
20 years later
Posted: 3/3/2010 11:32:16 PM
If you run into her, then acknowledge her, and be cordial. After all, it was 20 years ago...for christs sake, I was like 8 years old then? hah

I wouldnt hook up with an ex though. As good as the sex could have been, to me, that ship sailed long ago, and she doesnt get the benefit of having that again with me....Especially in your case, where she bounced out on your to get back with an abusive ex? Screw her dude.
 jamie9562
Msg: 21
20 years later
Posted: 3/3/2010 11:56:48 PM

eeewwwww......read this guys profile. can you say misogynist?

i dunno? can you say clueless? dumb as a rock? wouldn't know sarcasm if it hit her in the head?
can you say no sense of humor?

you should kneel down every night and thank whatever deity you believe in that you appear to be mildly aesthetically pleasing to the eye,,,because after reading that comment and reading the guys profile,,,
it seems the only thing even remotely interesting about you is your outward appearence.....jmo
 JRodriguez81
Msg: 22
20 years later
Posted: 3/4/2010 4:08:30 AM

After reading your profile I'd say you're safe..........she's probably going to ignore YOU like the plague!

She initially left him years ago for an abusive ex boyfriend. Im sure the woman doesnt have too much dignity.
 peppermint petunias
Msg: 23
20 years later
Posted: 3/4/2010 4:31:48 AM
After 20 years ????????????????????????

Good Gawd..Why do you care? Oh yeah..the sex was phenomenal.

Get over it already and if you can't I guess you will just have to move * rolls eyes*

I agree IGNORE.

ummmmm Opie, I think you anwered yourself in another post.

Whoaaa..profile review dude..
 *army mom*
Msg: 24
20 years later
Posted: 3/4/2010 6:12:16 AM
Let me get this straight. You wanna hook back up with your ex who's been in an abusive relationship for 20 years, is likely damaged emotionally beyond belief, and all you're thinking about is phenomenal sex?

Nice ...
 chameleonf
Msg: 25
20 years later
Posted: 3/4/2010 6:32:23 AM
Another D)...being that it's such a small town and everyone knows everyone, wait for someone else to tell you if she's still phenomenal or not, then drop her a note, ignore her response, and then get outta town.
 untamedspirit009
Msg: 26
20 years later
Posted: 3/4/2010 7:33:43 AM
You should do these in order to benefit yourself mentally, emotionally and physically:

A) open the scar...cleanse it with alcohol add some kosher salt...think about how phenominal the sex was while not shedding a tear...
B) Ignore her-she most likely has forgotten about you...
C) get out of town and continue shopping over seas...

A very simple solution for you.
 browneyesboo
Msg: 27
20 years later
Posted: 3/4/2010 7:54:39 AM
I think it's funny that you're assuming she will remember you or
even want to see you. Maybe she's forgotten all about you (or
remembers why she left)...who knows?
Why worry about it...it was 20 years ago.
 Sabrosura089
Msg: 28
20 years later
Posted: 3/4/2010 9:01:34 AM
OP: So you're intrigued because 20 yrs ago the sex was phenomenal? Come on now! lol

In 20 yrs God knows who she is as a person/woman, etc.....Why revisit something that was not a positive experience in your life? (other than the sex of course).

Let it be, and if you happen to cross each other's paths be civil. Time will tell.
 valenciacityx
Msg: 29
20 years later
Posted: 3/4/2010 9:51:33 AM
Exercises in misogyny. Yes there is a profile review up for my page on Fishy, feel free to drop your bombs there.

Thanks for all the advice. All the other ex's are easy to ignore, this one just kinda got to me, so yeah thanks for the reinforcement that contacting her would be worthless, insecure, lame, forgettable, pathetic, and of course a side of women hating misogyny.
 Casper66
Msg: 30
view profile
History
20 years later
Posted: 3/4/2010 12:08:38 PM
It was the past leave it there, why would want to take the chance of contacting someone and risk them saying they don't remember you or are not interested, causing a swift kick to the ego. If you see her and she smiles and says hello, respond politely and see what happens, but then if you are only after sex you risk hurting her if she is looking for something serious, probably best to just let it be like your other ex's.
 Secondhand_Lion
Msg: 31
view profile
History
20 years later
Posted: 3/4/2010 2:18:51 PM
For what it's worth, here is my advice....don't ask here for any advice. I make comments here and poke a little fun, but there isn't one opinion on this or any forum that I value more than my own. If I wanted to learn how to make money, I'm not going to ask someone sleeping under a bridge. The same applies here...the blind leading the blind. Follow your own instincts, as you know the situation far better than you could ever explain to us. So play your hand and tell us how the game went....we could learn from that and so will you.
 TheReason_
Msg: 32
view profile
History
20 years later
Posted: 3/4/2010 3:05:04 PM
Hate takes too much work. Let it go my friend. Live and let live.

If you see her, give her a nod of acknowledgement, and keep walking.
 valenciacityx
Msg: 33
20 years later
Posted: 3/18/2010 10:46:04 PM
ah well it happened. It was bound to with only one Irish pub in town, and a St Pattys party ..... It was civil. It is over. Glad it is all over with.
Pity she still looks hot, I was hoping she had ballooned up to blimpish porportions.
 GeneralizingNow
Msg: 34
20 years later
Posted: 3/18/2010 11:01:50 PM
And? You didn't even try my suggestion, did you?! WIMP!!
 fetish4u
Msg: 35
view profile
History
20 years later
Posted: 3/18/2010 11:46:23 PM
B.
I was engaged once and she dumped me.Could ever get back with her because if she could dump me once she could twice.I really loved her and would never want to go though those feelings again.
 valenciacityx
Msg: 36
20 years later
Posted: 3/18/2010 11:55:44 PM
no no, it went like a lead balloon. I thought it was funny as hell. Apparently she didnt.

It was a very weird scenario, we are in an irish pub for St Pattys....arguing in Russian
I am walking back from the bath room and I see her. (great ... whoopeee)
So passing the pool table, she gets in the perimeter of where you have to acknowlege someone.... She gives me the " Bojshe moy eto biylo vce zjezne davno vudela"
(well good god its been a life time since I have seen you)
"Chert Vozmiy, bydto lysche eshe odun, ny, vce ravno, yshlushl viy v gorode, xotute ebatxcya poshe ?"
(may the devil take me, it would have been better had it been another life time still, but since you are here in town, do you wnt to go f*ck later?)
'Xye evo znatb! nowel vignol vontom" (wtf! go f*ck yourself, go away)
c ydovolstuyim (with pleasure) and I went back to my friends and continued to drink.

It was one of those odd moments in a loud bar when everything gets quite enough to hear an individual conversation... and you know they couldnt understand a damn word,, but you could tell by body language that it wasnt gettin any play.

Thanks for the tip. It worked like a charm.
 _SYN_
Msg: 37
20 years later
Posted: 3/19/2010 4:57:04 AM

And I know what was, is over and never gonna be again..... but damn the sex was phenominal.

I'm guessing you don't get out of that small town then much either.

It looks like booty calls are what's on your mind rather than a relationship, so give it a shot. If she says no you'll just have to tame the trouser snake some other way.
 valenciacityx
Msg: 38
20 years later
Posted: 3/19/2010 12:14:21 PM
I'm guessing you don't get out of that small town then much either.

You would be wrong. 20 years in the military, in at least as many countries, with 4 'conflict' tours. Retired. Getting my Masters, probably go back in upon completion. The last 5-6 years of civilian life have really been an eye opener.
Only reason I am in town is to get the degree, get my commission, get stationed back over seas.
 valenciacityx
Msg: 39
20 years later
Posted: 3/20/2010 12:49:52 AM
The above scenario worked itself out.
I didnt contact her. Its a small town, theres one Irish Pub in the town... It was St Patty's day, we were bound to run into each other.

It lasted less than 30 seconds. I dont know why I even stressed about it.
So for the record, there was nothing there.

We now return you to your normally scheduled POF rants about short guy/tall girl, old guy/young girl, gold diggers/ sexist men, nice guy/ bad boy, angel in the streets/freak in the sheets, single mom/dead beat dad, drunk hook ups/years since we last f*d, and do women/men over 30 yadda yadda yadda.
 majyk1
Msg: 40
20 years later
Posted: 3/20/2010 12:28:01 PM
After reading your posts, profile and the outcome of running into your X, There is one thing I still cant figure out.... Are you 16?

Very immature on both your parts!
 TerrieLynnC
Msg: 41
20 years later
Posted: 3/20/2010 1:17:44 PM
This thread is really hilarious..............Why in the hell would you even entertain the notion of getting together with her after her being in what you say was an abusive relationship for 20 years? If that is indeed the case this woman is definitely going to have some emotional issues, not to even mention the fact that she may not even remember you at all.
Sounds like you still got a thing for this woman and you too have issues if your still carrying a flame after 20 years! It's done and over with so I'd say you need to leave it alone. If you do run into her, be civil, say hello and go on your way.....and let sleeping dogs lie............
Oh and your profile needs some work if your expecting some response......but IMO your not serious about wanting a relationship............
 valenciacityx
Msg: 42
20 years later
Posted: 3/21/2010 12:31:51 PM
"After reading your posts, profile and the outcome of running into your X, There is one thing I still cant figure out.... Are you 16?

Very immature on both your parts!"

you play to the level of your adversary.
 D_Ocean
Msg: 43
20 years later
Posted: 3/21/2010 5:14:09 PM
Option B.

But if you run into her, please be civil and polite. Don't ask her for her number, and don't flirt with her!
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > 20 years later