Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Recipes and Cooking  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 matty_skoal
Msg: 32
The best thing you ever ate!Page 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
Ingredients:
1/4 lb. butter, 1 stick
2 (1 oz. each) squares unsweetened chocolate
3 eggs
3 tablespoons white corn syrup
1 1/3 cups sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
9 inch graham cracker, chocolate or vanilla wafer pie shell
Preparation:
In a saucepan, heat butter and chocolate, stirring often, until melted and well blended. Beat eggs; stir in the corn syrup, sugar and vanilla. Add the chocolate mixture to egg and sugar mixture, stirring well. Preheat oven to 350°. Pour filling into prepared pie shell. Bake 35 to 40 minutes, or until top is slightly crunchy and filling is set.
Serve warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or dollop of whipped cream.
 justwant2no
Msg: 33
The best thing you ever ate!
Posted: 3/30/2010 10:03:17 AM
Wow, great topic - and hard to pick one - but the ones that kept coming to mind as I read everyone else's:
Pate de fois gras at the Monte Carlo Living Room in Philadelphia - I'd ordered the chef's choice - 6 courses, I thought I'd died and gone to heaven when he brought out the pate. . . then the dessert was creme brulee! Wow.
Fresh lobsters steamed over an open fire while camping in Cape Cod.
Oysters Rockefeller - Emeril Lagasse style - he flash fries the spinach (gives it this incredible nutty flavor), with a Pernot sauce - OMG
And dinner at the Marrakesh in Philadelphia - we ate with our fingers while lounging on the ottomans - it was sensual and delicious!
 FrankNStein902
Msg: 34
Posted: 3/30/2010 1:31:05 PM

14 Day Prime Aged New York Strip
Blue Rare.
At The Palm in Dallas Texas.

king crab is caught and stored live on the boats, it is often flash frozen at the docks when they offload it, but not on the boats

Yes and No.

Many of the offloads are not at dock but on to processing vessels where they are flash frozen and packaged.

Deadliest Catch, not only entertaining but educational.

Fresh lobsters steamed over an open fire while camping in Cape Cod.

I always get confused when people say "fresh" lobsters.

Because if something is still alive when you cook it, that is pretty fresh regardless when it came out of the ocean and in many cases right out of the ocean may be a bad idea.

Lobsters should be tanked or left in traps at dock for at least 24hrs before cooking.

If not, you are cooking what is still in its stomach, and if you have ever been around lobster boat you will know what they use for bait, and you do not want that still in your lobster when you cook it.
 myblueshadow
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 3/31/2010 9:28:47 AM
Almost impossible to narrow down, but the few that came to mind are:

Grandma's Mac and Cheese!

Michael Symon's Guinness ice cream with chocolate covered pretzels.

Fresh caught grilled halibut in Seward, Alaska.
 MichelleRenee1234
Msg: 36
Posted: 4/1/2010 10:21:20 AM
- Cheese fries (simple, but always was my greatest food addiction!)... Boardwalk and Dunleavy's are my favorite
- New England Soup Factory's Pumpkin, Apple and Sage soup
- New England Soup Factory's Thai Butternut Squash soup
- My cafeteria at work made something called Israeli Salad that I haven't been able to get of my mind. It's just hummus, cottage cheese, cucumbers, black olives, red onion, red bell pepper and spring greens mixed together. Amazing!
- Lobster and steak from this restaurant in Atlantic City. Very expensive meal! SO worth the price!
- This gnocci dish from Plough & Star in Philly. I can't remember what it was called or even what it tasted like. I just remember it being delicious.
- My mom's 3 cheese chicken enchiladas
- My dad's e'toufe
- Smoked mussels out of the can
- My dad's ham gravy
- Any kind of homemade cake, but especially this ice cream cake I once had. It was a homebaked cake with ice cream on top, not your typical ice cream cake. And it was so good!
- Boston market creamed spinach
- Boston Market broccoli, rice and cheese (no longer available.)
- Alfredo from the Harvest Diner (I'm not a fan of Alfredo sauce. And that's why this is worth noting!)
- Split pea soup, cream of crab soup and homemade blue cheese dressing from Red Lion Diner

god, you guys made me so hungry...
 JasonTKD22
Msg: 37
Posted: 4/1/2010 11:21:16 PM
Hmm..I'd say the best thing/s I ever ate was the food you find at a crawfish boil.: boiled crawfish, corn-on-the-cob, smoked sausage, red potatoes, all boiled in the same seasoning.

Every time I go back to Louisiana to visit relatives, I always try to get some of that stuff.
 Fifi47
Msg: 38
Posted: 4/2/2010 2:59:19 AM
^^^change the crawfish to shrimp, and you have low country boil or frogmore stew--the best thing that I have ever eaten, and my favorite food.
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 40
Posted: 4/10/2010 12:11:17 AM
Nothing else within throwing distance: one night at the Tianjin Hotel with an American friend who was the go-between for a French children's clothier. Claude had brought with him a cooler full of little blue Ossetra cans. The hotel provided the fresh homemade bread, toasted, fresh sweet cream butter, chopped red onions, and lemons. I'd never eaten caviar before. In fact, I'd always believed it was merely something the rich raved about to make the poor feel bad. Besides Claude and Carolyn and I, there were three "foreign" students -- one Dutch, one Canadian and one American. Between the six of us, we must have eaten 10 of those little cans. I laughed at one point and said if the Devil wanted my soul, *this* is what he'd have to offer.

Two years later, after I'd come home, I checked our local gourmet shop, and priced the stuff. That little can (which I now use one of as a jewel box for tiny earrings) was over $200! I'm only being honest when I say I'm so glad I didn't have a clue: I could never have pigged out like that had I been even marginally aware. . . . And bless the name and memory of a short, chubby, balding Frenchman of grande kindness. . . .

woobytoodsday
Msg: 42
Posted: 4/10/2010 6:29:31 PM
Funny ~~ once you get an addiction going. . . . China had a very cheap and pretty passable black caviar available at the Friendship store in Beijing. Five quai a pint. Enough that learning how to revive old caviar was useful: soak it in beer! But have only had any caviar, and not Ossetra, once or twice since coming back to the states in '83, But a girl can dream, eh?

But you're very right about meals with good company -- comes to mind trips to the beach and returning late at night and picking up a bag of White Castle burgers. Very good indeed.

QueenBeeSweetness
Msg: 43
Posted: 3/12/2012 2:52:20 AM
Homemade pozole in East Los Angeles.
 jojoaus
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 3/12/2012 3:45:54 AM
Well my mum is not a great cook. Her triumph was a few years getting a pheasant for Christmas... not had it in 30 years but damnnnnnnnnnn it was good!!!

Had an awesome meal 3 days ago... went to a good French inspired restaurant here in Wollongong Australia. Roast lobster tail with a perfectly seared scallop and teeny gnocci. Then restaurant made mushroom linguine with a mushroom and foam sauce with shaved black truffle.. omg lol too pretty to eat!!! Except yeah... I ate it
 AllGoodUsernamesAreTaken7
Msg: 45
Posted: 4/6/2012 6:33:24 AM
Shore dinner cooked on the beach over a campfire. Lobster, corn on the cob, potatoes all baked together in a big pot with sea water and layered with seaweed. Clams added the last few minutes, and garlic butter melted in a dish on top. It was the best ever!
 asianpeachqTea
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Posted: 4/7/2012 11:52:16 PM
Best Thing..Things Ever Ate?ABit tricky..Thinking..HomeMade & Orient.Though in WashingtonD.C Had in this fair Restaurent best Chowder EVER.Not Clam though twas CrabChowder.A Large hot thick creamy full fresh crabmeat potatos bowl,tantalizing aroma,colour was nice taste so good.Another good one was/is Toronto for ChineseNewYear & OtherFests there was some ppl making asweettreat-DragonsBeard Act of making it stunning perfect Then smelling & eating was fullfilling as its bakers making it by hand right there&with Waffles Egg/MilkTarts Moon/RiceCakes.AnOther Delicious HomeMadeJok/Congee &/spicysoup with lots meat & vegetables with soft friedChinesebread to soakup soup/sauce.Hot thick Curry with big chunks carrotspotatos,early-late DimSum with turnip/radishcake & tofualmond soup Also Love this sweetdessert soup.A VioletColour Had taro tapioca coconut,& cant remember what it is entirely yetsuch a good dish fond of it.Also perfect mashedpotatos made by someone who had it always smooth/good amount lumps No need for gravy but that to was good.Another was by an other person who made Jamaican Beef/Chicken Jerky..was fireyspicy Another past-like of good food etc was someone getting out cuttlefish & toasting/bbq/grill/steam it just by itself so crunchy crispy fun time memoirs etc.Others are homemade crepes with freshstrawberries whippedcream & Mayanhotchocolat nutella&PB&Jamsandwhiches,bacon eggyolk tomato with realmayo white pepper on fresh whitebread.&soft shellcrab with oystermushrooms & redbeansoup/blacksesame soup. Sushi with fisheggs,steamcrab with crabeggs,bbq eel, Steam White Rice alone with Tea Perfect &EtcsToBe Cont!
 Lykrian
Msg: 47
Posted: 4/14/2012 7:33:37 PM
Starburst with all of the candies melted together.
 optimismfirst
Msg: 48
Posted: 4/16/2012 3:58:30 PM
SPICY TUNA SUSHI! and beef tataki! yum yum yum

lamb chops and grilled shrimp also.

*drool
 sk1960
Msg: 49
Posted: 4/20/2012 5:59:53 PM
Old fashioned - hand pulled apple strudel, with homemade vanilla ice cream .... still warm from the oven :)
 asianpeachqTea
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Posted: 4/21/2012 12:23:27 AM
Not the best etc but its good too etc. Beefbrisket with radish,Steamed blackbean fish with steamed white rice & chinese broccoli with garlic & hot tea.and a fortunecookie
Show ALL Forums  > Recipes and Cooking  >