Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > British Columbia  > Telus or Shaw      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 4x4+geek
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Telus or ShawPage 2 of 2    (1, 2)
Telus - not so hot and doesn't work with dual tuners (PIP)
Shaw - Basic cable works with PIP, I dont know if HD is different.
You can consider using your phone & IN to Shaw and might save with the bundle.

Apparently Telus will soon be upgrading their HD service to a completely different technology because their current one is so far behind their competitions' and the industry standard; in fact it's a hash.
 MissMarpole
Msg: 12
Telus or Shaw
Posted: 3/11/2010 7:01:51 AM
Okay, so the general response seems to be to use Shaw. Thanks for the responses. A guy in Futurs Shop actually explained to me that Telus gets their signal from Bell, but then the condense it down, and that's what causes the issues (that's the simple explanation). Still trying to decide on either plasma or LED. I've looked at some plasmas in store that look a little fuzzy to me, then others look just fine. Could this just be the in store lighting?
 Walts
Msg: 14
Telus or Shaw
Posted: 3/11/2010 5:43:03 PM

I guess size isn't always the key but the quality.

I've been saying that for years,,,,but no one believes me.Well,,,,,some of them do,,,,but they had to do a test run or two to gain that belief.
 ace874
Msg: 15
Telus or Shaw
Posted: 3/12/2010 3:59:41 PM
well i would buy a |Led TV over a Plasma any day . depending on where you live if you r sure the power is not going to go out because if you have a plasma and the power goes out and it's winter your plasma will freeze and crack up . also I have shaw and i won't go to telus because they can change there price any time they want without telling you. and with shaw you can bundle everything and get a better deal.
 Mobiledj
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Telus or Shaw
Posted: 3/13/2010 9:08:48 AM
Correct me if I am wrong but you are only able to have 1 HD pvr with telus right?

That is the biggest reason I did try them because I use 2 HD pvrs in my home.
Show ALL Forums  > British Columbia  > Telus or Shaw