Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  > Your Personal Philosophy      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 apurfectmeow
Msg: 51
Your Personal PhilosophyPage 3 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)
I embrace diversity,
change what I can for the better,
accept others as is,
and live to express myself.
 DigitalDame
Msg: 52
Your Personal Philosophy
Posted: 2/13/2012 3:17:35 PM
We are the creators of our own reality.
We have more harmony than disharmony with others on the planet.
Perception becomes thought. Thought become vibration. Vibration creates expansion and attracts similar thoughts/vibrations. Voila...Law of Attraction. (That which is like unto itself is drawn.)
I'm continually connecting with my Source Energy and basking in the Vortex!
 DuncanRnB
Msg: 53
Your Personal Philosophy
Posted: 2/15/2012 4:02:50 PM
I'm a utilitarian in my philospohical views but my basic views on how I treat others is... 1) Don't judge other people unless without a good reason to do so, thats based more on just gut instinct 2) Don't hurt others without a clearly just reason to do so (eg: self defense or defending a loved one)
 ataex
Msg: 54
Your Personal Philosophy
Posted: 2/17/2012 1:27:52 PM
that is a hard question to answer I do agree with post 47, but also my own take with personal philosophy.

Live each and every day like it's your last on earth
Accept that you don't control the world but can control your response to the world

look at the bright side of every situation be it good or bad, for with hope anything can happen, without hope one begins to fade out, becomes embittered, and fall into a self destructive spiral that is very hard to get out of and ultimately leads to death.

treat every experience as a learning tool

As to basic values,
Trust
Respect
Communication
Reasoning
Hope-Optimism

As to Happiness well I do believe is different for everyone but my own belief is thus:
Know your own self worth, the good and the bad, it is only then that you can truly accept yourself who you are, and ultimately be happy within of yourself. With that said, then one can find another to share their life with and fully understand their partner in and out.
 DuncanRnB
Msg: 55
Your Personal Philosophy
Posted: 2/19/2012 1:46:51 PM

"Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones." -Marcus Aurelius

Well said story! Well said! :-)
 red_fir
Msg: 56
Your Personal Philosophy
Posted: 2/21/2012 1:13:47 AM
Choose what you do with your time or someone else will.......
Question everything, especially the motives of those who would motivate you.
Heaven and Hell are defined respectively as" in Gods presence" and "removed from Gods presence".
God is watching to see how you react and develop, not because He longs to judge you, but He, like everyone else gets to choose the companionship He enjoys.
Eternity is a LONG TIME.
Who wants to spend an eternity with a jackass?
 Meeting_At_The_Crossroads
Msg: 57
Your Personal Philosophy
Posted: 2/22/2012 8:15:46 PM
"Live in hope; die desperate"
 RainGrimoire
Msg: 58
Your Personal Philosophy
Posted: 4/16/2012 6:54:20 PM
It tends to change from time to time, sometimes drastically, sometimes less so.
Recently...
- It should be every human's prime directive to contribute to a more responsible posterity, so that we can leave our lives without the notion, or perhaps the knowledge, that dying was the best thing we ever did for Earth.
- In this way, we work toward being worthy of the technological power we have, instead of being more akin to a child with a loaded gun.
- The worse the things we begin to respect, the worse the things the unrespectful will do in turn. There is, in that sense and that one only, a social compass of good and evil.
- Morality will someday be expressed in logic instead of social mores.
Then there's my other mission which includes:
- Learning how to influence and control the way I think, so I can sculpt it myself.
- Find wisdom in all experience. In all feeling, in all concept, there are things to take from life if you just know how and where to look.
- Bring to the world what I've learned through my Prime Ethics and Mental Pioneering.
 Kevin554
Msg: 59
Your Personal Philosophy
Posted: 4/17/2012 7:35:47 AM
"As we are all getting to know each other better through these threads I thought I would ask : What is your personal philosophy, basic beliefs, values, and pursuit of happiness? What paths of discipline do you follow on your roads to wisdom? "

-Saturn
 balrog67
Msg: 60
Your Personal Philosophy
Posted: 4/17/2012 7:40:54 AM
"Do good for it is good to do. Spurn bribe of heaven and threat of hell."
- The Kasidah of Haji abdu Al-Yezdi
 earthlingsRevenge
Msg: 61
Your Personal Philosophy
Posted: 4/17/2012 5:22:06 PM
Reality is soooooo boring
 A_Gent
Msg: 62
Your Personal Philosophy
Posted: 4/17/2012 6:09:01 PM
Life is like a horse...

... parts of it stink.

And there is no end of sh*t one has to deal with.

But it is still a magnificent beast that can take you far,

if you have the courage and skills to ride.

Mount up!
 Rug Doctor
Msg: 63
view profile
History
Your Personal Philosophy
Posted: 4/19/2012 11:24:06 PM
This was said

It tends to change from time to time, sometimes drastically, sometimes less so.
Recently...
- It should be every human's prime directive to contribute to a more responsible posterity, so that we can leave our lives without the notion, or perhaps the knowledge, that dying was the best thing we ever did for Earth.

which I take a alternate view on here:
It's a "work in progress" thing. Not the usual concept of working on one's self to betterment, but a progression of the past, something formed, a framework provided through the efforts of the dead. Everything is coloured by their experiences, their thoughts, their inventions, their knowledge even as ritualized, institutionalized, and symbolized , their languages, as we receive the inputs since before birth until death.

In this way, life is working to further the same goals as always.
 aremeself
Msg: 64
view profile
History
Your Personal Philosophy
Posted: 4/20/2012 9:43:12 PM
don't have any sacred cows.
 starofgaia
Msg: 65
Your Personal Philosophy
Posted: 4/21/2012 11:05:57 AM
Love. Love. Love.
 Neptune74
Msg: 66
view profile
History
Your Personal Philosophy
Posted: 4/21/2012 1:35:09 PM
I believe in the strive for a civil society. Civil society at its purest is restraint of violence through the notion of respect and it is a force for reconsiliation and agreement.

As a secondary notion, "Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law" is a quote of a(n in)famous Brit. Well in my opinion it's not the whole of the law due to my first belief in civil society but within the bounds of civil society it's a guiding star.

From the combination of those two notions I believe a lot of personal good and good for society follows.

...and also never stop being curious!
 Neptune74
Msg: 67
view profile
History
Your Personal Philosophy
Posted: 4/21/2012 2:15:14 PM

-Saturn

If you mean what I think you do then this is the best post in the thread. :)
 bwena
Msg: 68
Your Personal Philosophy
Posted: 4/21/2012 4:12:42 PM
If I can stop one heart from breaking,
I shall not live in vain;
If I can ease one life the aching,
Or cool one pain,
Or help one fainting robin
Unto his nest again,
I shall not live in vain.

~Emily Dickinson
 RyanReed
Msg: 69
Your Personal Philosophy
Posted: 4/23/2012 6:04:57 PM
I can't tell if I should either enjoy life for what it is, as a person would enjoy a painting, or do something that will create a ripple effect in people whether it be big or small, or to procreate.. I can't make a final decision because I don't know what the point of life is.

Sometimes I think that if I was God, or a god, I would create a world full of animals, insects, people, etc, and then live vicariously through them. If I was all powerful and could do anything, it would have to be a really dynamic place because everything else would just be boring. Imagine nothing could ever challenge you, no matter what you did, you were the most powerful and you're the start and end of everything. For some reason that sounds drab. I think about that and then think of my life, I simply do not know what to do with myself. Smile and nod?
 purfectmeow
Msg: 70
Your Personal Philosophy
Posted: 4/24/2012 5:13:16 AM
I remember when I started this thread and I now realize how much Ive changed.
Did I expect to do so? I think we all grow through the reaching of personal goals.
That growth changes us whether or not it was intentional.

Today with my perspective currently ~ I live my life to find happiness in all the things I do and when I cant I need to do something different.
 sexynessonlegs
Msg: 71
view profile
History
Your Personal Philosophy
Posted: 4/29/2012 5:31:46 AM
all you have got is your next breath the rest are games of the mind.
 balrog67
Msg: 72
Your Personal Philosophy
Posted: 5/6/2012 11:26:33 AM
Mine is quite modern and uplifting :

'Don't start nothin', won't BE nothin'.......
 m8t
Msg: 73
Your Personal Philosophy
Posted: 5/10/2013 3:59:58 AM
I do believe in the pursuit of life contentment,
my current philosophy is= "Less is more"- Ludwig Mies van de Rohe
The less we have that ties us down to the world,
the more we can enjoy what we have.
I think too many people care too much about stuff,
and not enough about each other.
 PROTON67
Msg: 74
Your Personal Philosophy
Posted: 5/10/2013 8:49:13 AM
My philosophy is ... go ahead and eat the last morsel on the serving plate, it will relieve the tension for everyone else who is staring at it.
 Aristotle_Amadopolis
Msg: 75
Your Personal Philosophy
Posted: 5/10/2013 4:06:08 PM

What is your personal philosophy, basic beliefs, values, and pursuit of happiness?

That the pursuit of happiness is can only be achieve when you stop pursuing.

Do it for the sake of doing it with pride and humility and aceept rewards as a bonus.

Do not pick up, what you can not put down.

What paths of discipline do you follow on your roads to wisdom?

The one less traveled.
Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  > Your Personal Philosophy