Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  > Your Personal Philosophy      Home login  
 AUTHOR
Your Personal PhilosophyPage 4 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)
No matter how long separated, and stuck in buildings and cities...never forget what the rain is like out in the wilderness. Never forget what the night sky is like in the wilderness. Never forget the sound of that silent voice that is always there hidden in the wilderness. Always, everyday, stop and look at the sky, the world, and see what the weather is doing, feel it, and breathe it in. Let that fire within burn, and never let it go out.

______

Always keep a supply of homemade fortune cookies which look like the regular ones. When on a date with a woman at a restaurant, make sure that a homemade fortune cookie for each of you somehow finds it's way to the table. When the cookie is cracked open and the little piece of paper inside is read, it always says "you are going to get laid tonight, and you will have wonderful sex".
 ladywilltravel
Msg: 77
Your Personal Philosophy
Posted: 5/11/2013 6:27:14 AM
Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow.
 Rheostatic
Msg: 78
Your Personal Philosophy
Posted: 5/11/2013 10:10:55 AM
"Take your work seriously, but yourself just seriously enough" are the words I live by.
 elizabeth45tx
Msg: 79
Your Personal Philosophy
Posted: 5/12/2013 6:42:33 AM
Philosophies:

Blind:
Is the one who has no eyes to look to its neighbor who dies of hunger, cold, and misery, because only has eyes for his own meager problems and small pains.

Dwarf:
Is the one who does not know how to let love grow.
Diabetic:
It is a person who does not know to be sweet.

Paralytic:
It's a person who is unable to walk on moral leadership of those who need their help.

Crazy:
It is he who does not seek to be happy with what little he has.

Deaf:
Is the one who does not have time to listen to the feelings of a friend when he has a problem.

Mute:
Is one that fails to say what he feels.

Have a blessed day!
 59thShadeofGrey
Msg: 80
Your Personal Philosophy
Posted: 5/13/2013 12:06:43 PM
"Everything happens for a reason. But sometimes the reason is that you're stupid and you make bad decisions."
 _babblefish
Msg: 81
Your Personal Philosophy
Posted: 5/13/2013 2:14:12 PM
Imaginations
Demand heroic events
While life is enough
 DameWrite
Msg: 82
view profile
History
Your Personal Philosophy
Posted: 5/15/2013 8:31:49 PM
For me it can be said in one word...

m8t
Msg: 83
Your Personal Philosophy
Posted: 5/16/2013 7:06:51 PM
^ I never read that Einstein quote before; thanks for sharing that. I enjoyed it very much :)
 Vannili
Msg: 84
view profile
History
Your Personal Philosophy
Posted: 6/6/2013 12:38:39 AM
My personal Philosophy is keep you friend close and keep your enemy closer.
 andithoughtwow
Msg: 85
Your Personal Philosophy
Posted: 6/11/2013 1:18:39 PM

What is your personal philosophy:

Don't play into their hands.
(don't drink, use marijuana, don't hang out in places or with people I don't like in the first place.)

basic beliefs:

Most people are evil and will try to trap me.

values:

Being happy. A shield about me.

pursuit of happiness:

financially comfortable
doing things that get me high

What paths of discipline do you follow on your roads to wisdom?
 April1963
Msg: 86
Your Personal Philosophy
Posted: 6/12/2013 3:35:20 PM
Only spend your energy on what is going to make you stronger
 Booky3
Msg: 87
Your Personal Philosophy
Posted: 6/22/2013 7:02:23 PM
Developed my personal philosophy while still in the military in the early 90's after reading many books on Practical Realism, and Libertarianism, and one of my favorites is "How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World" by Harry Browne.

Which influences me to maintain a realistic understanding of myself, others, and our World, and to practice what I believe are effective principles for me, and living my life as so not to allow the demands and desires of others to control or limit my time.

Thankfully I still question everything.

Freedom is more often lost by false assumptions than by the power of ones enemies. - Harry Browne
 aremeself
Msg: 88
view profile
History
Your Personal Philosophy
Posted: 11/15/2014 8:50:12 PM
/\ /\ /\
Yes, we are more affected by the crap in our minds than by what others do to us.
 funchesf
Msg: 89
Your Personal Philosophy
Posted: 11/17/2014 1:23:47 PM
neither good nor evil be but just.....funches 3:16
 basilisk123
Msg: 90
view profile
History
Your Personal Philosophy
Posted: 11/20/2014 11:24:12 AM
"Life's a ****, then you die"

I forgot where I heard this, but no truer statement has ever been said to me.
 ohwhynot46
Msg: 91
view profile
History
Your Personal Philosophy
Posted: 11/20/2014 4:24:59 PM
"Do the right thing"
 AlienHumanHybrid
Msg: 92
Your Personal Philosophy
Posted: 11/20/2014 8:54:56 PM
Surround yourself with those who will affect you positively -even if they be few.

I was thinking about the film "Prometheus" recently..... about all of the meticulous attention to every detail which enabled those people to build a spacecraft and travel to new worlds.....
only to have that one guy poke around in a puddle and treat an unknown life form like it was a cute puppy -turning the whole situation due south.

The larger the group -the more likely that guy will be there.
 Dee4166
Msg: 93
view profile
History
Your Personal Philosophy
Posted: 11/21/2014 4:08:53 AM
Be a DECENT human being...even when it's the more difficult thing to do...

Be honest, even if it's ONLY with yourself...

Take responsibility for your actions, even when you'd rather not....

Apologize and make amends...it's ok to make a mistake and/or behave badly on occasion,...It's NOT okay to try and pretend it never happened...

Acknowledge and thank someone when they give you a compliment...if they took the time to say something nice to you,the least you can do is thank them...

Be kind to kids and old folks...Kids because they will remember that and practice it themselves one day....Old folks because if you're lucky, that will be YOU someday...

Learn to connect with Mother Nature....every living thing is a part of the Natural world and we need to remember where we came from...

Speak up when you see an injustice being done...and remember , "Evil prevails when good people do NOTHING"...

Always remember that while you may not be able to change the World, you CAN make your corner of it a better place...

Don't compare yourself to others...there will always be someone who has more than you and someone who has less...

Try to understand before judging...judging separates,while understanding brings together...

Forgive yourself, because you are only human, and will never be perfect...

Love fiercely, even if your heart has been broken...it's what gives meaning to Life....

Look at the stars and know that YOU are a part of the Cosmos, and stardust is what you are made of...

And finally,no matter what your beliefs are, always keep in mind that you are but ONE person amongst billions, living on a rock, hurtling through infinite space at incredible speed ...and NOBODY is getting out ALIVE!!!

Dee (copyright) 2014.
 xlr8ingme
Msg: 94
Your Personal Philosophy
Posted: 6/4/2015 9:27:48 PM
As I am a continued work in progress, my own personal philosophies evolve along with me. My sincerest goal is to try harder to show love, compassion, and charity towards my fellow human beings. I will continue to pray for those that show anger, resentment, and hatred most earnestly.

Psalm 123 states- "Unto thee I lift up mine eyes, o thou that dwellest in the heavens. Behold, as the eyes of servants look into the hand of their masters, and as the eyes of a maiden unto the hand of her mistress; so our eyes wait upon the LORD our GOD, until that he have mercy upon us. Have mercy upon us, O LORD, have mercy upon us: for we are exceedingly filled with contempt, Our soul is exceedingly filled with the scorning of those that are at ease, and with the contempt of the proud".

Therefore I will strengthen my faith in adversity, find greater courage when berated, exercise more kindness, and pray more than I ever have for those souls that prey upon others for sport.
Your Personal Philosophy
Posted: 6/5/2015 1:34:00 PM
Ok wait a damned minute...because this thread was re-posted, I noticed a post a couple up from here.

Did dee actually say all that stuff? My mind was just blown. I guess I still really could be surprised after all. Practically have a whole genuine psych profile written up by now, and it's not very pretty. But this just nailed it in a way that's even worse than I thought I'd see. Oh god people make me want to vomit sometimes.

And so maybe the things that some little birdies told me in P.M. are also correct after all.

Yep. Some of you people who come to the forums for transparent and good reasons, make sure you aren't naïve, and don't fall for your first impressions of things.
 gingerosity
Msg: 96
view profile
History
Your Personal Philosophy
Posted: 6/5/2015 4:43:50 PM
^ The internet is full of deceit. Always assume people are lying to themselves and others unless they demonstrate an unshakeable commitment to the pursuit of truth at all cost. Even then, it only means they are likely to bring value to an exchange, not that they do not err.
 Yule_liquor
Msg: 97
Your Personal Philosophy
Posted: 6/5/2015 8:34:57 PM
In this vast Universe, it has been determined that most of the matter is "missing" or cannot be accounted for conventionally. The so-called experts have thus come up with 'fudge factor' to try to fill in this void by contriving "dark matter". DM cannot be detected, measured, etc. It is said to be every where and just passes through everything.
Whether or not the existence of DM will be ever be brought forth is anybody's guess.

The point being is that, there is far more than what meets the eye (or any other senses) in this Universe.
And we are merely a small component of this Universe who have been endowed (or blessed) with self awareness
Thus we should humble ourselves in knowing our place in relation to that which is external to and around us,
yet at the same time knowing that we (within the Universe) are all part of the same fabric
like fine droplets of water swirling in the air, emanating from one ocean beneath us
and realizing that one day our lives will have to be re-submitted back to this great 'ocean'
from whence we came, and become one and the same (again).
 astralman22
Msg: 98
Your Personal Philosophy
Posted: 6/18/2015 5:03:31 AM
-The best philosophy is to have no philosophy.
-Enjoy the experience of life without having to put concepts/words to everything. Don't think too much, because you can have too much of a good thing.
-The point of life is - now.

Simple, yet powerful.
I'm already wrong for trying to put it into words, I should of just posted a blank post instead.
 Aprilikeswhiteroses
Msg: 99
Your Personal Philosophy
Posted: 6/22/2015 7:34:07 PM
I do have a daily philosophy :

"A clean home will attract Good Aura"
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 100
view profile
History
Your Personal Philosophy
Posted: 6/23/2015 1:49:54 PM
- Be at peace with your own death. Accept it. Think about it in some way to bring it up from the abstract, and instead make it the real thing that it is. Do whatever you have to do, but make yourself feel the "realness" of it. Then realize that no matter what, you are going to die. And that it could happen tomorrow. That you might always have something unfinished...that it can never be when you'd prefer it to be. It won't be at a perfect time or in a perfect way. Accept that, be at peace with that, and you have access to a unique liberation.

- No matter what you achieve for yourself, or material things or comfort and convenience that you obtain, it will end someday and it's meaning will cease and disappear completely. Keeping this in mind, ask yourself if you're missing something that is more worth your life.
Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  > Your Personal Philosophy