Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  > Your Personal Philosophy      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 StarClassic
Msg: 101
Your Personal PhilosophyPage 5 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)
^^^Drinks, accept it? 'ell I embrace it.
Death is not an ending. Just as with birth, it is a new beginning. Death presents us with a new path in our journey toward our reward. How we conduct ourselves here in the mortal determines the path presented to us upon our death.

As for my philosophy? A quote from Ziggy (the cartoon character) sums it up nicely.
"I might curse because roses have thorns.
Or, I might rejoice because thorns have roses."

I've had a few of the roses life has to offer. I've also had thorns by the bucketful. Through it all I haven't yet reached for a rose, expecting, to be cut by a thorn. Quite the contrary. I hack and chop at thorns expecting to find a multitude of roses.
 motowncowgirl
Msg: 102
Your Personal Philosophy
Posted: 8/7/2015 4:59:13 AM
an optimistic mind-set finds dozens of possible solutions for every problem that the pessimist regards as incurable.
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 103
view profile
History
Your Personal Philosophy
Posted: 8/7/2015 4:10:58 PM
The pessimist complains about the wind;
The optimist expects it to change;
The realist adjusts the sails.

- William Arthur Ward
 gingerosity
Msg: 104
view profile
History
Your Personal Philosophy
Posted: 8/7/2015 6:12:30 PM
"The man who is a pessimist before 48 knows too much; if he is an optimist after it, he knows too little" - Mark Twain
 ablankcanvas
Msg: 105
Your Personal Philosophy
Posted: 8/8/2015 10:04:11 AM
"Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but we rather have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit". Aristotle

Even though as a Christian my personal philosophies reflect spirituality, I do believe the definition of morality comes down to individual choices. Live and let live.
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 106
view profile
History
Your Personal Philosophy
Posted: 8/8/2015 8:34:15 PM
^

- I've kinda decided that character isn't acquired or earned or built, but is revealed.

- It's so interesting to me that you said "Even though as a Christian" etc, before the rest of the sentence.
 funchesf
Msg: 107
Your Personal Philosophy
Posted: 8/11/2015 6:59:50 AM
you are but the sum of your memories .....funches 3:16
 Aprilikeswhiteroses
Msg: 108
Your Personal Philosophy
Posted: 8/12/2015 7:45:20 PM
^^
If you do not get alzheimer's ... :=)

Philosophy:

"True love does not come by finding the perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly."
-Sam Keen
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 109
Your Personal Philosophy
Posted: 8/12/2015 10:10:15 PM
An optimist believes we live in the best of all possible worlds.

The cynic is certain.
 funchesf
Msg: 110
Your Personal Philosophy
Posted: 8/13/2015 5:48:57 AM

Posted By: Aprilikeswhiteroses
If you do not get alzheimer's ... :=)

alzheimer's is a perfect example as to why you are but the sum of your memories
 poforumguy
Msg: 111
Your Personal Philosophy
Posted: 8/18/2015 2:56:52 PM
Everything in this universe in one because everything in the universe comes form the same energy used to create it. All living beings are god experiencing itself through different perspectives.

I am you, you are me. All humans are made of the same bones, organs, blood vessels, nerves, and etc, in the same place. Open your hand, now close it and tell me how you did that. No matter what knowledge you have about opening your hand, a 1 second old baby can do the same thing without any knowledge. It’s incredible when you think about it because you are in control of nothing in your body. You can’t control the heart pumping blood, your brain giving signals, your digestive system, etc, and yet here you are living with no prior knowledge of how to live.

When I say I am God, I understand what Jesus meant when he said he was God. It means I am the universe. I think when this universe dies it will become another universe. Maybe not immediately, but eventually, like a cell going through mitosis. I also believe that life is the single most rare thing to happen in every universe, with concious life being even more rare, trillions of times to the trillionth power times rarer than winning the lottery. It took billions of years for life to form on Earth. 5 major extinctions have come to Earth. This could be the first Universe to ever have had life, or it could be the last.

I’m not what all this is suppose to mena to you guys or to others. They say if you already agree than you will agree. But are we not born into this universe, do all living things on Earth not have the same DNA, and do all humans not have the same eyes, blood, organs, etc.? So, with our limited time on Earth, thanks to this rare thing called life, should we be killing each other or otherwise hurting each other?
 HFX_RGB2
Msg: 112
Your Personal Philosophy
Posted: 8/18/2015 6:35:02 PM

... and do all humans not have the same eyes, blood, organs, etc.?

Depends on what you mean by "the same"
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 113
view profile
History
Your Personal Philosophy
Posted: 8/19/2015 3:54:59 PM

Richard Dawkins claims that religion is the problem but this actually lets some of the worst ideologies off the hook: Communism, fascism, the Khmer Rouge etc were not religious and their ideologies came from what they thought was right.

You just have to know what religion really is. The specific dynamics, mindsets, and traits which make religion what it is, define it, versus the conventional forms that people usually think of. Religion is a specific collection of dynamics and traits that can manifest in any superficial form. Specific types of mindsets and/or group psychologies which are definitive. Don't be fooled by the surface appearance. The fact that religion can hide in this way is part of why it's a big problem. In other words, fascism is practically synonymous with what religion is when left to only it's own machinations, and various forms of patriotism (? communism), while not intrinsically religious, can morph into one of religion's forms. So, these aren't let off of the hook, they are being included (that's why Nazi Germany, for example, being contrasted with a religion makes no sense)...the trick is knowing what is really meant by the word "religion".

(I don't think that the ideal of communism is intrinsically bad nor religious. It's an idea...and how people attempt to realize that idea is different. Some attempts to realize it have become bad, but that's different.)
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 114
view profile
History
Your Personal Philosophy
Posted: 8/20/2015 3:58:12 PM
Ok, I see your problem now. But alas, as I said in the other thread, just not enough time right now. Dagnabit.
 JustDukky
Msg: 115
Your Personal Philosophy
Posted: 9/20/2016 10:23:11 PM
Egalitarianism works for me as my individual philosophy. The only probem with it is that there are far too few egalitarians and way too many tyrannical elitists wth no conscience or morals (the .001%) and fearful, herdllike sheeple with no courage (the 99%). Sorry if any of you feel insulted, but if you don't do your bit to make the world better, it ain't gonna happen. You are what you do. Do the wrong thing and the world gets worse; do the right thing and it gets better. Making the world a better place needn't be a daunting task; it happens one at a time. Doing good for others is contagious. If enough of you do it, before you know it, the world will be a better place. Lose your fear and be a better human being.

Religion or economics doesn't have to enter into it, but egalitarianism crosses all boundaries and unites us.
 aremeself
Msg: 116
view profile
History
Your Personal Philosophy
Posted: 9/21/2016 7:48:21 PM
Some think they are more equal than others.
And yeah, with our free will and all, almost all of us try to be the same.
 kidreason29
Msg: 117
Your Personal Philosophy
Posted: 9/21/2016 10:07:47 PM
Simple,

To live this life and for it to be used as an example to not put the universe down, but to put it up, as if it were a great adventure that had purpose. My regret would be to live this life, and the life that I create here were used as an example to show that the universe is a pointless event.

That's all, no ideologies or ism here that I identify with, they are all just games anyway.
 gingerosity
Msg: 118
view profile
History
Your Personal Philosophy
Posted: 9/22/2016 12:42:29 AM

That's all, no ideologies or ism here that I identify with, they are all just games anyway

You're an anti-ismist preaching classic anti-ismism.
 kidreason29
Msg: 119
Your Personal Philosophy
Posted: 9/22/2016 3:26:33 PM

You're an anti-ismist preaching classic anti-ismism.

I prefer to identify with 'no-ism', which means empty of 'isms', which simultaneously also means 'every-ism'.

See my laws of "Everything & Nothing", they are universal.

"The ism of Noism is to simultaneously empty yourself of boundaries and to fill yourself with what is, only as it is. Noism is both being and non-being, or self and non-self. It is complete awareness as the way all is as it is."
 CressB
Msg: 120
view profile
History
Your Personal Philosophy
Posted: 9/22/2016 3:45:51 PM

Your Personal Philosophy

"**** it."
 kidreason29
Msg: 121
Your Personal Philosophy
Posted: 9/23/2016 4:13:29 AM

I prefer to identify with 'no-ism', which means empty of 'isms', which simultaneously also means 'every-ism'.

See my laws of "Everything & Nothing", they are universal.

"The ism of Noism is to simultaneously empty yourself of boundaries and to fill yourself with what is, only as it is. Noism is both being and non-being, or self and non-self. It is complete awareness as the way all is as it is."

games are usually fun to play amirite? but it requires other people to play along
 gingerosity
Msg: 122
view profile
History
Your Personal Philosophy
Posted: 9/23/2016 5:39:11 AM

games are usually fun to play amirite? but it requires other people to play along

Only if you play them on multiplayer.

Sounds like the universe and existence to me. Reminds me of my new favourite paper (that just won its authors the Ig Nobel peace prize)...

http://www.sas.upenn.edu/~baron/journal/15/15923a/jdm15923a.pdf
 CressB
Msg: 123
view profile
History
Your Personal Philosophy
Posted: 9/23/2016 6:16:13 AM
^^^

Undoubtedly, that paper will be integral to the synthesis of weapons grade bolonium some time in the near future.
 kidreason29
Msg: 124
Your Personal Philosophy
Posted: 9/23/2016 7:09:13 AM

Sounds like the universe and existence to me. Reminds me of my new favourite paper (that just won its authors the Ig Nobel peace prize)...

http://www.sas.upenn.edu/~baron/journal/15/15923a/jdm15923a.pdf

Noism ~= Anti-ism

All ism's are contained within Noism, because once you remove the abstract structure of an ism, you are left no Noism.
Since every ism is contained within Noism.

∴ Noism = ism_a ∪ ism_b ∪ ism_c ∪ ... ism_∞ = Everyism

A Noist has every ism contained within them, capable of perceiving every-ism simultaneously. ∴ Noism is a quantum-ism.

An omni being is therefore a Noist.

Review my "LAWS OF NOTHING AND EVERYTHING", they are universally true.
 JustDukky
Msg: 125
Your Personal Philosophy
Posted: 9/23/2016 10:48:50 AM
There are no "isms" contained in noism, therefore an omni being is not a noist.. Your Laws of everything and nothing are universlly false.
Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  > Your Personal Philosophy