Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  > Your Personal Philosophy      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 kidreason29
Msg: 151
Your Personal PhilosophyPage 7 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)

Ok, lets take the set of all things. 1) Where will you remove it to? 2) Once you have moved it does it become any less the set of all things?

1) were not placing them in another set, since the set of all things would contain that set, we are just deleting all elements in the set of all things, which would be an empty set

2) a set of all things, or any set, contains an empty set, so it would be less

What proof have you of this "null". Nothing does not exist as it rightly should not.

Is "Nothing does not exist" equivalent to "Everything exist", or "atleast one thing exist"?

Because if the statement X is false, then its negation is true. Or vice versa
 CressB
Msg: 152
view profile
History
Your Personal Philosophy
Posted: 9/24/2016 9:18:42 AM

were not placing them in another set, since the set of all things would contain that set, we are just deleting all elements in the set of all things, which would be an empty set

And how will you delete the set? For every particle of anti-matter you create, you also create a particle of mater to annihilate it. Since these particles are indistinguishable you cannot delete the set. Even if they were distinguishable the best one could do would be to create a new "set of all things." You are living in a mathematical fantasy here kid.

a set of all things, or any set, contains an empty set,

And what is your proof of this? Don't just keep saying it. Just saying it doesn't make it true. Give me a rational argument here.

so it would be less

This doesn't make since to me. Less than what?

Is "Nothing does not exist" equivalent to "Everything exist", or "atleast one thing exist"?

Well, we can see that everything does indeed exist. What proof do we have of nothing?
 kidreason29
Msg: 153
Your Personal Philosophy
Posted: 9/24/2016 10:36:21 AM

And what is your proof of this? Don't just keep saying it. Just saying it doesn't make it true. Give me a rational argument here.

this is by definition of any set, all sets contain an empty set

This doesn't make since to me. Less than what?

empty is less than everything

Well, we can see that everything does indeed exist. What proof do we have of nothing?

everything exist, but what qualifies as everything? Anything that can be called a thing, I'm sure there are things you can think of that do not exist.

And how will you delete the set? For every particle of anti-matter you create, you also create a particle of mater to annihilate it. Since these particles are indistinguishable you cannot delete the set. Even if they were distinguishable the best one could do would be to create a new "set of all things." You are living in a mathematical fantasy here kid.

Mathematical fantasy, maybe. But I am sure that, Nothing is actually Everything, they both imply eachother, you can't have the one without the other. They are actually the same thing.
 CressB
Msg: 154
view profile
History
Your Personal Philosophy
Posted: 9/24/2016 12:29:15 PM

this is by definition of any set, all sets contain an empty set

Once again, just saying something does not make it so. By what definition?

empty is less than everything

How is this at all relevant? Also you have not proven that empty is even possible.

I'm sure there are things you can think of that do not exist.

There is not, and that is exactly the point. It is inconceivable just as infinity is inconceivable.

But I am sure that, Nothing is actually Everything

Then you are trapped by belief, and there is no point in continuing this argument. I have asked you to present me with a logical argument in an attempt to convince me of your claims, however you seem incapable. Now, I learn that you are unwilling to divorce yourself from the idea that you are without a doubt correct. There is no point in continuing this conversation under these circumstances. It is pointless. No progress can be made here. One cannot argue with a belief.
 funchesf
Msg: 155
Your Personal Philosophy
Posted: 9/24/2016 12:34:42 PM

Posted By: kidreason29
But only omni beings are complete Noist all the time.

you constantly spread this stuff in threads but never reveal who these Omni-beings are ....are they like Zeus or the X-Men

your entire Noism concept is based on the existence of Omni-Beings that you can't prove exist beyond your mind or the Sci-fi Channel

if I'm wrong then simply reveal who these "Omni-Noist-Beings" are....if you can't then perhaps you should stop trying to bamboozle people and yourself and just admit that you are referring to God and that all this Noism nonsense is you preaching religion

have these Omni-Beings ever spoken to you ...or mutilated cattle ...or made crop circles
 kidreason29
Msg: 156
Your Personal Philosophy
Posted: 9/24/2016 12:57:13 PM
I am not a thing.

For every particle of anti-matter you create, you also create a particle of mater to annihilate it.

is this is saying for every + there is a - to stabilize it? this sounds like zero

How is this at all relevant? Also you have not proven that empty is even possible.

everything contains nothing within it, all matter contains empty space
(everything is empty, nothing is solid. interesting read btw)

you constantly spread this stuff in threads but never reveal who these Omni-beings are ....are they like Zeus or the X-Men

your entire Noism concept is based on the existence of Omni-Beings that you can't prove exist beyond your mind or the Sci-fi Channel

if I'm wrong then simply reveal who these "Omni-Noist-Beings" are....if you can't then perhaps you should stop trying to bamboozle people and yourself and just admit that you are referring to God and that all this Noism nonsense is you preaching religion

have these Omni-Beings ever spoken to you ...or mutilated cattle ...or made crop circles

lol omni beings are hypothetical, those that can take a thing to its absolute meaning, they are there help to explain the meaning of an idea. it is also possible I could be assigning a higher probability to it more than others, but then we are just comparing between the average
 CressB
Msg: 157
view profile
History
Your Personal Philosophy
Posted: 9/24/2016 2:21:38 PM

is this is saying for every + there is a - to stabilize it? this sounds like zero.

Obviously not, seeing as how matter exists and anti-matter does not. You're trying to find a loophole to justify a reality that does not exist. It is like "creation science" trying to justify the existence of god by working backwards from the god concept. It is just really bad science.

everything contains nothing within it, all matter contains empty space

1) space is not nothing/empty. 2) all matter is composed of MOSTLY space. There is quite a big difference there.
 kidreason29
Msg: 158
Your Personal Philosophy
Posted: 9/24/2016 3:31:55 PM
lol some of these songs are jammin, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0r6C3z3TEKw

Obviously not, seeing as how matter exists and anti-matter does not. You're trying to find a loophole to justify a reality that does not exist. It is like "creation science" trying to justify the existence of god by working backwards from the god concept. It is just really bad science.

There has to be nothing for there to be something(also if there were just one thing, it would be the everything).

Its not 'out of nothing comes nothing (nihil fit ex nihilo)', its actually 'out of nothing comes something'.

Your matter/anti-matter says exampled reduced to formal terms is X + -X = 0.

1) space is not nothing/empty. 2) all matter is composed of MOSTLY space. There is quite a big difference there.

what matters is the difference, space is more empty/nothing than matter, both which also contain nothing within them, just as every set contains an empty set. Everything contains nothing within it.
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 159
view profile
History
Your Personal Philosophy
Posted: 9/24/2016 3:43:19 PM
I still don't get how zero and infinity are the same. Outside of the terminology and it's application in geometry stuff, that is.
 kidreason29
Msg: 160
Your Personal Philosophy
Posted: 9/24/2016 4:15:18 PM

I still don't get how zero and infinity are the same. Outside of the terminology and it's application in geometry stuff, that is.

there are lots of types of infinities, the integers are infinitely precise on the real number line. They aren't same just related, but maybe there are areas of math where the two could be considered the same?

0 = 1/infinity is true, but 0*infinity = 1 apparently isn't true in math, but yet, makes sense to me, if you think about it, but then again I'm convinced X divided by zero can be defined, instead of just crashing the universe/computer, creating a blackhole, etc
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 161
view profile
History
Your Personal Philosophy
Posted: 9/24/2016 5:40:58 PM
And I think the metaphor has broken down.
 kidreason29
Msg: 162
Your Personal Philosophy
Posted: 9/24/2016 6:53:03 PM
^

i don't care what you say, an Omni being is a Noist

i thought this was funny(http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Nothingism):

Nothingism
A religion based on the central belief that: "NOTHING MATTERS."

This is a REAL religion.
Nothingism

ex.1
normal person: What are you doing?
Nothingist: It doesn't matter
ex.2
normal person: Why do we exist?
christian: Because God created us.
Nothingist: It doesn't matter.
ex.3
newb nothingist: I don't think i'm praying right.
Nothingist: It doesn't matter.
 JustDukky
Msg: 163
Your Personal Philosophy
Posted: 9/24/2016 6:59:19 PM
@ Drink

It's probably best to leave Jethro to his "cypherin' :D
 JustDukky
Msg: 164
Your Personal Philosophy
Posted: 9/24/2016 7:04:23 PM
At least the nothingist makes a lot of sense.

I'm going back to agnosticism (also called I don't knowism).

Ask me my answer to any question. I'll tell you I don't know it.
 gingerosity
Msg: 165
view profile
History
Your Personal Philosophy
Posted: 9/24/2016 7:09:21 PM

Ask me my answer to any question. I'll tell you I don't know it.

Do you know what answer you will give to any question we might ask?
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 166
view profile
History
Your Personal Philosophy
Posted: 9/24/2016 10:18:26 PM
When I win the powerball jackpot I'm going to build me a '71 roadrunner.
 JustDukky
Msg: 167
Your Personal Philosophy
Posted: 9/24/2016 10:43:49 PM
@Gingerosity

"Do you know what answer you will give to any question we might ask?"

No I don't; I don't know.

@Drink...

What would a supreme being want with a 71 roadrunner? YOu could have a whole fleet of them...all hemis too!
 kidreason29
Msg: 168
Your Personal Philosophy
Posted: 9/26/2016 9:28:11 PM

Do you know what answer you will give to any question we might ask?

I like how you caught on to that... you stole my question.

but what it comes down to is, knowing that you don't know, which sounds like a loop but it isn't.

...Only a Noist could know and not know all and nothing simultaneously
 gingerosity
Msg: 169
view profile
History
Your Personal Philosophy
Posted: 9/27/2016 3:14:01 AM

but what it comes down to is, knowing that you don't know, which sounds like a loop but it isn't.

Yes it is. Certain knowledge of the uncertainty of one's own - or all - knowledge is a logical contradiction. A self-defeating proposition. The end of civilization as we know it.

I could as easily have asked:
"Do you know whether or not the nothingist make a lot of sense?"
"Do you know if you are going back to agnosticism?"
"Do you know whether agnosticism is also called I don't knowism?"
"Do you have a working knowledge of the rules of semantic logic in order to communicate your complete lack of knowledge to us?"
"Do you know how to read and write English?"
"Do you know how to use a device in order to post on this forum?"
...and so on.

^This is not to assert that certainty is possible... merely that it cannot be claimed - with certainty - that it is impossible.

Brains in vats are an irrelevant distraction for us in the reality we are trapped in anyway. Here, scientific progress IS the incremental reduction of the degrees of uncertainty in our knowledge of all real things.

...Only a Noist could know and not know all and nothing simultaneously

Only a Noist could hoist a joist and foist a moist nothing.
 funchesf
Msg: 170
Your Personal Philosophy
Posted: 9/27/2016 8:42:20 AM

lol omni beings are hypothetical,

and for that very reason is why Noism is nothing more than "fantasy" and why your laws of Nothing and Everything can not be universally true

your laws of Nothing and Everything along with your belief that humans are incapable of being Noist is your own personal philosophy that you may choose to live your life by...

but once you claim that the proof that your laws of Noism are universally true "for everyone" are due to the existence of Supernatural entities such as hypothetical Omni-Beings, it cease being a philosophy and turn into a cult/religion whenever "supposed" Truth is based on God-like entities
 kidreason29
Msg: 171
Your Personal Philosophy
Posted: 9/27/2016 1:02:50 PM

your laws of Nothing and Everything along with your belief that humans are incapable of being Noist is your own personal philosophy that you may choose to live your life by...

A human can only be noist approximately sometimes, being more empty in ism compared to others, perhaps one could have an experience of absolute noism but it wouldn't last for long. To try to be a Noist will make you an Anti-ismist instead, it requires "no intention", where as anti-ism requires one. Only a omni being can be absolutely noist all the time

but once you claim that the proof that your laws of Noism are universally true "for everyone" are due to the existence of Supernatural entities such as hypothetical Omni-Beings, it cease being a philosophy and turn into a cult/religion whenever "supposed" Truth is based on God-like entities

My laws are universally true, but truth doesn't imply existence. I said they were universally true, I didn't say they exist.
 funchesf
Msg: 172
Your Personal Philosophy
Posted: 9/27/2016 3:07:09 PM

My laws are universally true, but truth doesn't imply existence. I said they were universally true, I didn't say they exist.

there are at least 8 contradictions in that one statement ...

Only a omni being can be absolutely noist all the time

sorry...but didn't you just post that your Omni-Beings were all hypothetical ..to then claim that something hypothetical exist as an absolute is sort of Delusional ....oops..er..I meant such a claim infers Faith

but anyway I'll play Devil advocate for you and help in your quest of proving that hypothetical Omni-Beings are absolute Norists by asking you to name at least one "well known hypothetical fictional or faith based "Omni -Being whether in literature or on The Sci-fi Channel that is an absolute Norist

but if you can't, then you may have to take into consideration that you might be suffering from a hypothetical paranoid delusion or are a hypothetical theist in denial
 kidreason29
Msg: 173
Your Personal Philosophy
Posted: 9/27/2016 3:12:05 PM

"Do you know whether or not the nothingist make a lot of sense?"
"Do you know if you are going back to agnosticism?"
"Do you know whether agnosticism is also called I don't knowism?"
"Do you have a working knowledge of the rules of semantic logic in order to communicate your complete lack of knowledge to us?"

'I don't know' works for all these answers. To know something, you must know it in its entirety otherwise you don't know exactly what it is, therefore, 'I don't know' works as an answer to any question.

you mean, can you adequately 'read and write' English enough for others to understand it, 'I don't know' works because 'I don't know' if anyone understands what I write. It is only English if it is properly communicated.

"I don't know", again, works because I could say "I don't know" the standards that will say if I do or do not know how to adequately use the devices.
 kidreason29
Msg: 174
Your Personal Philosophy
Posted: 9/27/2016 3:29:52 PM

but anyway I'll play Devil advocate for you and help in your quest of proving that hypothetical Omni-Beings are absolute Norists by asking you to name at least one "well known hypothetical fictional or faith based "Omni -Being whether in literature or on The Sci-fi Channel that is an absolute Norist

Omni beings should only be taken into consideration, for the probability, that they could exist. One shouldn't infer as an absolutist that they do exist.

A meditating buddhist/zen would be the closest thing to a Noist, they are more capable of having the experience of Noism. An Omni being is capable of taking that Noism to its absolute meaning, all the time.
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 175
view profile
History
Your Personal Philosophy
Posted: 9/27/2016 4:28:26 PM
...um...like...what the hell?
Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  > Your Personal Philosophy