Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  > Your Personal Philosophy      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 kidreason29
Msg: 176
Your Personal PhilosophyPage 8 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)

...um...like...what the hell?

Please don't waste my time with null statements like that, you bloody ole chap.
 gingerosity
Msg: 177
view profile
History
Your Personal Philosophy
Posted: 9/28/2016 5:16:02 AM

'I don't know' works for all these answers. To know something, you must know it in its entirety otherwise you don't know exactly what it is, therefore, 'I don't know' works as an answer to any question.

You can say 'I don't know how to say I don't know', but your audience would then probably have to conclude that there may be more value in conversing with a sock puppet.

you mean, can you adequately 'read and write' English enough for others to understand it, 'I don't know' works because 'I don't know' if anyone understands what I write. It is only English if it is properly communicated.

What? I don't understand what you have written.

"I don't know", again, works because I could say "I don't know" the standards that will say if I do or do not know how to adequately use the devices.

Perhaps you could accumulate some evidence in order to test the hypothesis? People commonly referred to as 'sane' do this without even being conscious of the process by which they are doing it. It works for them.
 funchesf
Msg: 178
Your Personal Philosophy
Posted: 9/28/2016 9:43:25 AM

Posted By: kidreason29
A meditating buddhist/zen would be the closest thing to a Noist

since meditation "supposedly" removes the mind from the concrete and places the mind into the abstract, Buddhists are not Norists ...also isn't Buddhism an "ism"

An Omni being is capable of taking that Noism to its absolute meaning, all the time.

I've offered you the chance to prove this, .. but so far you have been incapable of providing the name of a well-known fictional Omni-Being that is an absolute Noist ...even the name of a well known Omni-Being from a comic book would be sufficient enough to test your statement

so far Noism seems to be your attempt to perpetrate a hoax or that a hoax has been perpetrated upon you
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 179
view profile
History
Your Personal Philosophy
Posted: 9/28/2016 10:25:01 AM
"Please don't waste my time with null statements like that, you bloody ole chap." Yer so cute. "You bloody ole chap". "Wasting time with null statements". So darn cute.
 kidreason29
Msg: 180
Your Personal Philosophy
Posted: 9/28/2016 10:40:17 AM

What? I don't understand what you have written.

haha, good one

since meditation "supposedly" removes the mind from the concrete and places the mind into the abstract, Buddhists are not Noists ...also isn't Buddhism an "ism"

I was referring to those who have spent time a large amount of time in meditation, which are usually buddhist/zen, etc they are more capable of the experience of Noism, but sometimes it can happen spontaneously for what seems like no reason to anyone.
 funchesf
Msg: 181
Your Personal Philosophy
Posted: 9/28/2016 11:53:42 AM

I was referring to those who have spent time a large amount of time in meditation, which are usually buddhist/zen, etc they are more capable of the experience of Noism

after one have "supposedly" experience a large amount of Meditation or Norism..what do they now have other than what coiuld be considered as being a good night sleep
 kidreason29
Msg: 182
Your Personal Philosophy
Posted: 9/29/2016 5:03:23 PM
^
perhaps with a dream that could enlighten or illuminate perspective, which could in effect change the way one experiences/feels.

deep states of meditation lead to noism, because it is the experience of "no intention" "no desire", "no reason" (which is why it can happen spontaneously to anyone), there is no voluntary or involuntary action, there is "no-X", X being any thing.

problem is if one were to meditate all the time they could be killing themselves by becoming nothing,
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 183
view profile
History
Your Personal Philosophy
Posted: 9/29/2016 5:14:03 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkPM4M6bnB4
 kidreason29
Msg: 184
Your Personal Philosophy
Posted: 9/29/2016 6:03:38 PM
https://youtu.be/UIG25NdOWIs?t=2m30s

watch it for the animation, funny stuff
 funchesf
Msg: 185
Your Personal Philosophy
Posted: 9/30/2016 10:16:26 AM

deep states of meditation lead to noism, because it is the experience of "no intention" "no desire", "no reason" (which is why it can happen spontaneously to anyone), there is no voluntary or involuntary action, there is "no-X", X being any thing.

don't you voluntary meditate? ....
 kidreason29
Msg: 186
Your Personal Philosophy
Posted: 10/8/2016 5:17:04 PM

don't you voluntary meditate? ....

yes, but in deep states of meditation there is 'no voluntary' and 'no involuntary', but it doesn't mean you can't stop.
 funchesf
Msg: 187
Your Personal Philosophy
Posted: 10/9/2016 2:26:49 PM

yes, but in deep states of meditation there is 'no voluntary' and 'no involuntary', but it doesn't mean you can't stop.

I've once asked you to provide the name of a well-known fictional Omni-Being that is an absolute Noist ...even the name of a well known Omni-Being from a comic book would be sufficient enough to test your statement ....but alas... you couldn't provide a name

so perhaps you can provide the name of a well known "Human" that's a meditating norist so that we can use them as a way to measure the benefits of Norism if any

but if you can't provide the name of a "Human Meditating Norist" that has reach any benefits from Norism other than having a good night sleep.....then it's a indication that Norism is either you having a delusion or you perpetrating a hoax
 JustDukky
Msg: 188
Your Personal Philosophy
Posted: 10/9/2016 6:12:45 PM
Gee! I go away for a few weeks because there were almost no postings except this “noist” crap, and now I come back to a lively discussion about “norism.” I can see a lot of progress has been made.

I guess now I can chime in with my new (copyrighted) theory of nothing & everything:

axiom: nothing exists.
Therefore everything is nothing in the first place and does not exist
Therefore, there is no “everything”, but plenty of “nothing” because nothing exists.
Conclusion: Either a complete inversion of perceived reality, or the regular version if we use double negatives.

Proposition: Time cannot be wasted because time does not exist.
Therefore we have no time to listen to kidreason spout his theory, which is fortunate, since kidreason does not exist.

If I had any time to waste, I'm glad I didn't waste it writing this down.

Any questions?
 gingerosity
Msg: 189
view profile
History
Your Personal Philosophy
Posted: 10/10/2016 12:48:23 AM
If you get lost, just remember that Norist is the opposite of Souwest.
 kidreason29
Msg: 190
Your Personal Philosophy
Posted: 10/13/2016 3:43:02 AM

Gee! I go away for a few weeks because there were almost no postings except this “noist” crap, and now I come back to a lively discussion about “norism.” I can see a lot of progress has been made.

I guess now I can chime in with my new (copyrighted) theory of nothing & everything:

axiom: nothing exists.
Therefore everything is nothing in the first place and does not exist
Therefore, there is no “everything”, but plenty of “nothing” because nothing exists.
Conclusion: Either a complete inversion of perceived reality, or the regular version if we use double negatives.

Proposition: Time cannot be wasted because time does not exist.
Therefore we have no time to listen to kidreason spout his theory, which is fortunate, since kidreason does not exist.

If I had any time to waste, I'm glad I didn't waste it writing this down.

Any questions?

Through the use of the mental faculties one could not reach the answer, all you are left with is a contradiction. Until you have the experience you won't understand it. You cannot understand it by thinking or thinging, you must stop thinging or manifesting things to understand it.

You don't understand 'the way'.

Everything else only leads to ignorance.
 funchesf
Msg: 191
Your Personal Philosophy
Posted: 10/13/2016 11:07:06 AM

that Norism is the philosophy of kidreason seems acceptable because it's the subject of the thread, but once Kidreason stated that his Laws pertaining to Norism are universally true for everyone due to the existence of non-existence omni-beings..that is when his philosophy becomes suspect and four things come into question

1. kidreason is trying to start a cult
2. kidreason is trying to perpetrate a hoax
3. kidreason is delusional
4. kidreason is all of the above

when kidreason was asked to provide the name of an Omni-Being real or fictional in order to test his Norism theory...Kidreason couldn't

when Kidreason was asked to provide the name of a meditating norist human ....kidreason failed to do so

CONCLUSION: kidreason is number 4 "all of the above"
kidreason is trying to start a cult by trying to sneak in Omni-Being aka Gods
kidreason is trying to perpetrate a hoax by plagiarizing Buddhism as being Norism
kidreason is delusional for believing in Omni-Beings that "he claim don't exist" and delusional for thinking we would fall for Norism

if I'm wrong then all kidreaosn has to do is provide the name of a "Well Known Human That Is A Deep Mediating Norist" so that we can test the Laws of Nothing and Everything and see first hand if the benefits of Norism extend beyond that of simply getting a good night sleep

if kidreason can't ...then consider that kidreason has been "Deprogrammed"
 kidreason29
Msg: 192
Your Personal Philosophy
Posted: 10/16/2016 11:02:36 AM

if I'm wrong then all kidreaosn has to do is provide the name of a "Well Known Human That Is A Deep Mediating Norist" so that we can test the Laws of Nothing and Everything and see first hand if the benefits of Norism extend beyond that of simply getting a good night sleep

I've stated it before, and this will be my last time.

A human cannot be a Noist all the time. If one tried to be, through intentional motives, they would actually be doing Anti-ism. Some people may spontaneously have the experience of Noism, for no reason, without meditation. Some people, like those in Zen Buddhism are able to have this experience more often than others who do not meditate.

There is your list of hundreds of thousands of people that have had this experience, I've had it happen to me once too, without meditation. Again, it happened spontaneously, for no reason, and this is the only way you can have a Noist experience without meditation, because Noism by definition has "no reason" or "NO X" with X being any thing, "No thing", "Nothing".

An Omni being is a hypothetical creature that can take Noism to its absolute meaning, by being a Noist, all the time.
If an Omni being were to exist, it would be a Noist.
 funchesf
Msg: 193
Your Personal Philosophy
Posted: 10/17/2016 7:10:23 AM

I've had it happen to me once too, without meditation

now all you have to do is to explain what happen to you without sounding delusional
 kidreason29
Msg: 194
Your Personal Philosophy
Posted: 10/17/2016 4:23:22 PM

now all you have to do is to explain what happen to you without sounding delusional

It was complete awareness of the moment that I was in, as it was, perception was dedistorted from the biases of X-ism's, it felt like complete serenity or tranquility, it only lasted for a few seconds.

Anything could be said to be delusional. But there have been those who've had an experience similar to the one above, and came out to the world stating that they were 'God'. It wasn't that they were delusional, the experience they had was real, they just didn't know how to interpret the experience, it was just the only way they could explain it.
 funchesf
Msg: 195
Your Personal Philosophy
Posted: 10/18/2016 8:23:24 AM

It was complete awareness of the moment that I was in, as it was, perception was dedistorted from the biases of X-ism's, it felt like complete serenity or tranquility, it only lasted for a few seconds.

so Norism offer nothing beyond that of taking a catnap?
 kidreason29
Msg: 196
Your Personal Philosophy
Posted: 10/19/2016 2:02:13 PM
^

I've never took catnip before, but your statement implies that you've had, so tell me, how was it, and I'll tell you if it was similar to the experience of Noism.

...and why are you calling it Norism?
 funchesf
Msg: 197
Your Personal Philosophy
Posted: 10/20/2016 6:39:23 AM

I've never took catnip before

are you sure you never took any "catnip"?...... because I said "catnap"

and why are you calling it Norism?

because you haven't described the experience as being anything beyond taking catnip ....oops..er..I meant anything beyond taking a catnap
 kidreason29
Msg: 198
Your Personal Philosophy
Posted: 10/20/2016 6:14:13 PM

because you haven't described the experience as being anything beyond taking catnip ....oops..er..I meant anything beyond taking a catnap

I'm sure you've never been a cat, dressing up like one for Halloween and meowing doesn't count either. So your catnap reference is meaningless in comparison to my experience which doesn't require me to be another species.
 kidreason29
Msg: 199
Your Personal Philosophy
Posted: 10/20/2016 6:17:41 PM
^
you've been avoiding the question, only criticizing others for their views, without revealing yours.

THE QUESTION TO FUNCHESF:

what do you 'believe'? Are you agnostic, atheist, theist, pantheist, or all of the above at different times of the day?

I think you a 'believer', you are just afraid to admit it, because you don't want to be susceptible to criticism.
 gingerosity
Msg: 200
view profile
History
Your Personal Philosophy
Posted: 10/21/2016 1:02:10 AM
^ He believes in Star Trek and shit-stirring. Remember?
Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  > Your Personal Philosophy