Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > PERSONAL HYGIENE!!      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Cargy.
Msg: 11
view profile
History
PERSONAL HYGIENE!!Page 4 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
I've just been given a bottle of unwanted aftershave by a neighbour. The brand is well-known for sporting goods, and their logo is a pair of concentric diamond shapes. I won't say more than that, cos I don't want the manufacturers to take umbrage

Strange thing is that, even though the packaging was all sealed and had never been opened, it smells remarkably like wee to me.

I now have visions of the guy in the OP going to the gents to freshen up (and maybe a little guy in there with an assortment of afterhsaves, and a tip jar) topping up his scent, and coming back thinking he smells like the mutt's nuts. All the time oblivious to the fact he does.... literally!
 Strider886
Msg: 12
view profile
History
PERSONAL HYGIENE!!
Posted: 3/17/2010 9:21:21 AM
coming back thinking he smells like the mutt's nuts. All the time oblivious to the fact he does.... literally!

I wouldn't know what they smell like

I now have visions of people going off to find out
 Cargy.
Msg: 13
view profile
History
PERSONAL HYGIENE!!
Posted: 3/17/2010 9:31:52 AM
I wouldn't know what they smell like

Thinking about it, they can't be that bad.

...Otherwise, why else would dogs be forever smelling or licking them?!
 Strider886
Msg: 14
view profile
History
PERSONAL HYGIENE!!
Posted: 3/19/2010 2:14:46 AM

i`m not here to mete out advice, far from it, but for gawds sake, stop worrying about door handles, stair rails, toilets and all those other things, and just carry on regardless.

It's this attitude that will eventually wipe out the human race.....

We've already seen how common bacteria/virus's are mutating and becoming immune to current anti-biotics and anti-virals.
There has been research that proves that if a deadly "supervirus" was released into the population it would infect and wipe out the entire planets population within just, it a few months.
This threat is greater than any nuclear war.

Why? poor hygiene! our inability to realise how virus's and bacteria are really spread. The old saying "coughs and sneezes spread diseases" is a load of bollocks's and only half the story, the most important thing is hygiene, knowledge and planning.

When I was little I had really bad food poisoning caused by my step father reusing plastic freezer bags.... He ignorantly put cheese into a freezer bag that was previously used for pork. We all became ill after a simple cheese sandwich, me worse than anyone.
More recently using a knife he'd gutted a fish with, to cut a lemon in half (one half for the fish, the other to go back in the fridge).
He's "old school" and has no concept of hygiene whatsoever.
Msg: 15
view profile
History
PERSONAL HYGIENE!!
Posted: 3/20/2010 10:48:10 PM
The smell of stale sweat would be the killer for me.
My ex picked me up from college one day during summer in his car and I was repulsed.
As much as I'd like to say I ignored it during the 15 minute journey home...I just couldn't.
My expression spoke a thousand words...not to mention me hanging my head out the window whilst gulping clean air, but his blasé reaction to it all did him no favours. He had plenty time to shower and spray before picking me up. *Hurl

As a lot of posters to the thread have said theres nothing wrong with a bit of sweat from some honest graft, but on the other hand theres also nothing too difficult in using a shower before putting on a fresh set of clothes..

i can't say i was surprised to read from THE POST ABOVE that sonya was ready to hurl as what kind of person knowingly gets ready to pick up someone date or otherwise without first taking care of some basic bodily hygiene, just because looking in a mirror doesn't show lack of hygiene doesn't mean its not there,

i read the post where MERKIN asked if maybe we all have a touch of OCD
well when i was a teenager i used to work for scotbeef abbatoir so by the end of a shift i would be smelling of dead animals and despite wearing a full leather apron and all neccesary protection i still had the smell of it on me,

now that was very hard graft but despite how hard we had to scrub to get the odour off ourselves we never even considered just spraying deodarant over the top of it,

so i wish to reiterate what i said earlier JUST BECAUSE B.O. IS NOT VISIBLE DOESN'T MEAN ITS NOT THERE all good hygiene takes is a little thought on your own part as well as thoughtfulness for those who come into contact with you

if you don't have self-respect for yourself how can you expect others to respect you ?
Msg: 16
view profile
History
PERSONAL HYGIENE!!
Posted: 4/28/2013 6:57:03 AM

When I was little I had really bad food poisoning caused by my step father reusing plastic freezer bags.... He ignorantly put cheese into a freezer bag that was previously used for pork. We all became ill after a simple cheese sandwich, me worse than anyone.
More recently using a knife he'd gutted a fish with, to cut a lemon in half (one half for the fish, the other to go back in the fridge).
He's "old school" and has no concept of hygiene whatsoever.

come across old school hygiene often enough in my life, from your mother licking her hand before using it to
flatten down your unruly hair, or wiping knife clean on sleeve or trouser leg, before using it to prepare other food,

even seen people spray kitchen worktops with anti-bacterial surface spray, then wipe it off with dirty dishcloth within seconds of spraying it,

the older generation would answer with (why in my day) etc etc,

its true in a way in your parents day, not so much ilness from germs maybe, but lot less chemicals as well ,

instead of making bread with total of 4 ingredients, we now have about 24 ingredients in single loaf, some of them even have to look up dictionary to find out what half of them used for,
 Nottinghamfellow
Msg: 17
view profile
History
PERSONAL HYGIENE!!
Posted: 4/30/2013 10:36:05 AM
I don't mean to be rude, but if someone asked me what I was looking for in a man, I wouldn't dream of saying personal hygiene as I think it is a standard. Please don't assume the fellows who don't mention it are soap dodgers as it may not cross their minds someone maybe a mucky git...
Msg: 18
view profile
History
PERSONAL HYGIENE!!
Posted: 5/1/2013 4:02:19 AM

I m a stickler for kitchen hygiene too, and hand washing etc, and probably would find someway of bringing up cleanliness etc into the conversation with a prospective man. Clean loos are good too, men get brownie points if I go to their house and they have a well cared for loo, and they know to put the loo seat down before they flush as well!!!

run across lot of that type of hygiene lack when worked as commis chef in my younger days,
used to have some chefs or food handlers in kitchen areas who would cure runny noses, by running top of knuckles
under it to wipe snot away, then think its ok to handle food after wiping hand off on their chef whites, bleurgh!!

even had waiters who had hand down trousers scratching crotch area while waiting for their orders to be ready, then would pick plate up and serve it to customers, without though of washing hands first,

He said afterwards he had showered when he got up at 8am but we didnt meet till 7pm and he had time to go home and take another shower, when I said to this he was like why would I take another shower when Id had one already??? Ewww your rank man!!!

bit like saying why eat after breakfast as already eaten once that day,

because your body needs it, same as shower your body exudes oil in form of sweat, that and fact first impressions
count,

my mother always told me, always wear clean socks and underwear, as if you knocked down not want to embaress yourself haha
 daver987654
Msg: 19
view profile
History
PERSONAL HYGIENE!!
Posted: 5/1/2013 7:46:23 AM
We went to a restaurant for our department Christmas do. Had a pretty good time as I remember. One of the girls had her photos developed. two had been taken in the kitchen by the staff. One had the waiter with his hands down the waitresses knickers and the other was her doing the same to him.
 GeordieColin
Msg: 20
view profile
History
PERSONAL HYGIENE!!
Posted: 5/1/2013 4:06:12 PM
Msg 66.
Believe me. Even with a very desirable the stench can make you stop and head home for a shower with wire wool and detol.
Some females are oblivious
 Keeley345
Msg: 21
view profile
History
PERSONAL HYGIENE!!
Posted: 5/1/2013 9:26:00 PM
I don't care how hot a guy is, if his hygiene is poor, it's just not going to happen
between us. Good hygiene is a MUST for me.
Msg: 22
view profile
History
PERSONAL HYGIENE!!
Posted: 5/2/2013 4:44:16 AM

I don't care how hot a guy is, if his hygiene is poor, it's just not going to happen
between us

think if guy too hot beforehand defo gonna be sweaty, better to wait till fun time, then turn on the heat haha
 GeordieColin
Msg: 23
view profile
History
PERSONAL HYGIENE!!
Posted: 5/5/2013 3:09:27 PM
It has amazed me how many women do not pay attention to the fact an awful wiff wafts from their vagina.
 GeordieColin
Msg: 24
view profile
History
PERSONAL HYGIENE!!
Posted: 5/5/2013 3:38:18 PM
Au contraire. Very often just standing by them socially is enough. Some people have no idea about how they smell.
 GeordieColin
Msg: 25
view profile
History
PERSONAL HYGIENE!!
Posted: 5/6/2013 3:42:18 AM
were you that guy in The Silence of the Lambs who threw your man-custard at Jodie Foster as she walked past your cell by any chance?

It was in fact my gentleman's relish
 Nottinghamfellow
Msg: 26
view profile
History
PERSONAL HYGIENE!!
Posted: 5/6/2013 5:22:03 AM
Speaking as a private person i don't 'relish' the thought of any such projectile that is as yellow as your average custard, or reeks, never mind tastes, of anchovies!
 Chuzz16
Msg: 27
view profile
History
PERSONAL HYGIENE!!
Posted: 5/6/2013 8:29:37 AM
^^^^^^

Gentlemen please....I'm about to eat.
 Nottinghamfellow
Msg: 28
view profile
History
PERSONAL HYGIENE!!
Posted: 5/6/2013 11:45:22 AM
I was talking of Gentlemans Relish sold in white ceramic looking pots, which I believe has anchovies in it. . .
Msg: 29
view profile
History
PERSONAL HYGIENE!!
Posted: 5/8/2013 4:59:02 AM

Why is it that anchovies sounds like more a type of olive than a fish?

cause more often than not find them on pizza's lol

Gentlemen please....I'm about to eat.

anchovies ?
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > PERSONAL HYGIENE!!