Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Quazi 100
Msg: 69
view profile
History
Disassociation DisorderPage 4 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)

She wouldn’t. None of what you have stated here is logical; it does not make sense.
And if it does not make sense, it is not true.

Wow, there's some illogical stuff that I've done that I gotta go back and tell people "isn't true", because it doesn't make sense.....

Are you a decendant of Mr. Spock, Ailliss?
 Ailliss
Msg: 71
Disassociation Disorder
Posted: 3/19/2010 6:03:39 PM
In this context, yes, if it does not add up, it is not true.

You, may believe otherwise; such as a house belonging to a deceased person can be sold and disposed of in a week. That is fodder for the naïve and inexperienced in legal matters.

Are you a decendant of Mr. Spock, Ailliss?

I gather you mean some of your star trek stuff; no, I am not a fan of anything even remotely associated with that. But, do not waste your time on these silly allegations, instead learn about, “Power of Attorney” or “Talking Will” and more. It is easy to be taken advantage of when you’ve not the knowledge to take care of necessary matters.

I am not surprised at how easily most are mislead.

Wow, there's some illogical stuff that I've done

Doing something illogical is not the same as attempting to convince others that a fallacy is true. This is when our ability to reason comes into play. We think logically using (good or rational reasoning). Another example, “insurmountable doctor bills” regarding an in home Alzheimer’s patient on Medicare and disability. Educate yourself on Alzheimer disease; you’ll see that unless they are in a facility there is not a great deal of expense for there is almost nothing that can be done for them in the way of drugs or anything else.
 Ailliss
Msg: 72
Disassociation Disorder
Posted: 3/19/2010 6:14:24 PM

How sad! It seems like there is always one in the bunch that sees all negative, people just can't be good, not possible, they must be liars, thieves, & users. I truly hope I never get so bitter that I think everyone has ulterior self serving motives. I feel sorry for you hon, life must have dealt you a bad hand.

Hon;
you and your friend are the ones seeking ulterior motives to questionable behavior. You, and anyone, with even a modicum of intellect and experience know that what I have stated is more true and reasonable than anything you’ve said.

You evaded the legal aspect of this matter because what you stated is not possible.

Aren’t you the one crying over, “Life dealing you a bad hand”.

Your attack of my logic and rational post is proof that you are seeking sympathy and wanting to pull the wool over other’s eyes.

Prove to me that a house, in a decedent’s name only, can be sold before even a death certificate is issued. The home was, more than likely, in the son’s name in order to protect him from grasping individuals.
 Quazi 100
Msg: 73
view profile
History
Disassociation Disorder
Posted: 3/19/2010 7:16:14 PM

Prove to me that a house, in a decedent’s name only, can be sold before even a death certificate is issued. The home was, more than likely, in the son’s name in order to protect him from grasping individuals.

Just adding a little grain of salt with what OP said about the house being sold in a week....I don't believe that she stated that the house was sold within a week of the "boyfriend's" death....I took it as being sold within a week of being put up for sale.....

The son sold the house & all of the belongings in less than a week & has spent every penny.

Where does it say the son sold the house within a week of his father's death? It doesn't...you assumed....you've heard about assumptions, haven't you?

They lived for years on savings, but the house payments, utilities & just basic living, not to mention his outrageously ridiculous medical bills drained them.

OP's first post, stated that they were living on HER savings, and his SSD checks...that leads me to believe that she was contributing monetarily to the relationship, and wasn't in fact a "grasping individual".

Having administered two POA's myself, I know that the individual has to be "competent" to award POA. Sometimes, things happen that the POA doesn't get put in place in time (denial that there is anything wrong, is a big contributor to this)....had OP's friend taken the boyfriend to the bank, I'm sure that the SSD checks may have been cashed based on visual and other pieces of ID.

Have I convinced you at all, that "shit happens", and not all of us are perfect?
 Ailliss
Msg: 74
Disassociation Disorder
Posted: 3/19/2010 10:52:53 PM
I understand that you are purposefully being obtuse.
The OP’s story has more holes in it than Swiss cheese.
It is you who are making assumptions in order to accommodate your opinion.

All along she thought the sale of the house would be her financial security. So why would an extremely educated woman sit back & let a 30 year old crack head sell her home & all the belongings? I don't know.

In this statement, regarding the “friend”, the home is HERS! So now the OP escalated this into a more implausible situation. How did a “crackhead” acquire the legitimacy to sell HER home? I’d really like to know given that I’ve rental properties and there are those “Crackheads” that can sell real estate without proof of ownership. Pfffffhhhttt

I took it as being sold within a week of being put up for sale..…

That is clearly an assumption of yours as it was more indicative that
the OP implied the sale was immediately after the lover’s death:

When he passed his family threw her out & sold their belongings & the house.

the money situation is done & over, end of story! The son sold the house & all of the belongings in less than a week & has spent every penny.

She gives the implication that within a week of his death the friend was booted out and the home sold. Additionally, and even more implausible, she infers that all the money acquired from the sale of the home was “spent” within that same week. The more I rehash this scenario the more nonsensical it becomes.

As it has been relayed here this is a woman who spent six years of her life trying to convince a lover to leave his all, or even partial estate, to her……..and she failed. Had this man loved, appreciated her he would have taken care of her, provided for her as he acknowledged her as his care giver.

had OP's friend taken the boyfriend to the bank, I'm sure that the SSD checks may have been cashed based on visual and other pieces of ID.

You cannot be serious.

A bank customer presenting himself with the mentality of a five year old would be protected by his bank.

I don’t know what you think you are trying to prove here but your scenario is exactly what persons need to be aware of….and what law enforcement and banks are wary of.

You want the PoF community to believe that someone who is no longer cognizant, has the mentality of a five year old should be relied upon to lead another to deplete his bank accounts?

Fvcking unbelievable.
 majyk1
Msg: 75
Disassociation Disorder
Posted: 3/19/2010 11:10:52 PM
OP after all your posts, It sounds like YOUR the one with a disorder!!
You outa check yourself in somewhere!
 Quazi 100
Msg: 77
view profile
History
Disassociation Disorder
Posted: 3/20/2010 9:16:01 AM
OP...

If you would like to continue dealing with Ailliss, and the "speculation" of your friend's situation, feel free. I'm not addressing any more of her posts.

What I would like to know, is how is your friend doing now?
 Quazi 100
Msg: 79
view profile
History
Disassociation Disorder
Posted: 3/20/2010 9:55:55 AM

She really is doing well. I told her what some of the posters said & we talked about it. We continue to have our weekly gurl friend sessions, this seems to help. She has gotten over the crying stage & has started working out & jogging, that's a great sign. We know it is going to be a long road for her, but I think she will again come out ahead. I have come to realize she is a much stronger person than I am.

I'm glad to hear that things are getting better.

I've found that I'm as strong as I need to be...a little less strong would suit me fine...
 ladyc4
Msg: 80
Disassociation Disorder
Posted: 3/20/2010 10:35:56 AM

There really are not huge medical bills associated with Alzheimer’s until one goes into a nursing home or has a home health care worker. There is not much that can be done medically for an at home patient with this devastating illness.
Since he was collecting disability he would have been eligible for Medicare which would cover almost all his medical bills while in his home.

No, it would have covered 80% of them. There might have been considerable diagnostic work done to RULE OUT other dementia type conditions...certain forms of severe depression, Parkinson's, vascular-based dementia( TIAs, mini-strokes).20% can add up to quite a chunk of change if theres' no secondary insurance. Also, unless something has recently changed, one does not immediately become eligible for Medicare when one retires before 65 due to disability.COBRA can be very expensive, and if the man's employer had no retiree benefit package,there would have been a gap in insurance coverage.If he had significant assets, he would not be able to get MedicAid without doing a spend down.

The rat in the woodpile here MIGHT be the man himself and his family;they might have created a family trust to shelter his estate from probate or a forced MedicAid spend-down...and LIED to the OP's friend to get a free caregiver.Or the bf might have been so fearful of being left at the mercy of headf*cked adult children, that HE participated in misleadings and half truths while still cognizant enough to do so. People with Alzheimer'sgenerally don't go to bed one night and wake up in the morning with full-blown dementia...and a sharp person(or persons) might be quite secretive and manipulative. So let's NOT ascribe a bunch of devious machination to the OP's friend, when the skullduggery could very well have originated with the man and his family?
And if the man's assets were in a family trust,a scenario of accelerated liquidation is certainly NOT an impossibility.

When a neurologist makes the diagnosis of this mental disease they advise the caregivers to get all their financial affairs in order.

And sometimes that is arranged by family members suckerleading some fool into a caregiver role. This is where unmarried cohabitants NEED to be damn awful careful that they don't wind up working themselves half to death caring for their failing SO,and then being turfed out with nothing by greedy heirs. Yes there may very well BE "something rotten in Denmark" here, but it could very well be devious behavior on the part of the person faced with needing a caregiver, and their family.
Just offering up an alternate scenario that I've seen happen.
Cindy O
 Arabianangel
Msg: 82
Disassociation Disorder
Posted: 3/20/2010 4:16:14 PM

since when are all these man made deseases comming to light?I like the old times. I stay as far away as I can from this kind of stuff.

This reminds me of something a woman once said to my best friend who is Gay, she said "I know that you have that sort of disease, maybe you have bad luck because you were born in this era" She equated 'gay' as being a disease...like homosexuality never existed hundreds of years ago lol.

Unfortunately there will always be those that resort to ignorance as their only means of feeling safe.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >