Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 LG2727
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Period sex......ooohhhh or eeewwww??Page 3 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
found a nifty little item called "Instead" Wish I would have known about this product years ago!
 Island home
Msg: 51
Period sex......ooohhhh or eeewwww??
Posted: 3/19/2010 12:50:59 AM
Thanks Hilly saved me looking like a bag full off hammers
shall return the favor

Show ALL Forums > Sex and Dating > Period sex......ooohhhh or eeewwww??

Edit
Actually its
Sex and Sexuality Issues
not sex and dating

bag full oh hammers an still cant hit the nail on the head

Cat*Eyes
Msg: 52
view profile
History
Posted: 3/19/2010 2:27:13 AM
I do not get periods anymore. When I did have periods, I was always very extremely horny, during that time.
 Delete_Me_Please
Msg: 54
Posted: 3/19/2010 4:05:56 AM
Just an FYI:

"Safe sex is even more crucial during your period. A woman's risk of sexually transmitted disease and infection is higher than normal during this time because the cervix opens to allow blood to pass through. Unfortunately, this creates the perfect pathway for bacteria to travel deep inside the pelvic cavity. A woman is also more likely to pass on blood-borne diseases like HIV and hepatitis to a partner during her period, and she's more likely to develop yeast or bacterial infections because the vagina's pH during menstruation is less acidic."

http://tinyurl.com/period-std
I've had Depo and then the Mirena IUD so I've only had about six periods in the last 10 years but I don't grasp the appeal of sex during your period. Do you throw 20 towels down around the room or do you just lie there in the missionary position? I can't imagine the latter would do much for me, especially without any oral.
 MsMicki
Msg: 62
view profile
History
Posted: 3/19/2010 8:03:30 AM
I would get on Birth control but I am 37 years old.

Off topic.......but........there are forms of birth control out there besides condoms
that do not release hormones into the system.
The diaghram works quite well.
Unless you still want children.......I would not rely on condoms!!

as for period sex.........most women have very little flow when sexually aroused.
a towel underneath you should suffice......or that's what the shower is for!!

VVVV note to self......keep lighters away from Turk!
 namrael
Msg: 63
Posted: 3/19/2010 9:01:08 AM

I've had Depo and then the Mirena IUD so I've only had about six periods in the last 10 years but I don't grasp the appeal of sex during your period. Do you throw 20 towels down around the room or do you just lie there in the missionary position? I can't imagine the latter would do much for me, especially without any oral.

No, you just throw down a dark colored towel on the bed, move around normally, and jump in the shower when you're done. It's not hugely messy, really--the main difference is the the vaginal juices are red instead of their normal color. *shrug*

As to oral on your period: There are definitely guys who don't mind doing it. If you rinse off first, it's not a big deal and also not hugely messy. If you're lying on your back, the blood is going to drip down onto the towel on the bed while he concentrates on your clit, so it's really not a huge ordeal. Sure, not everyone may want to do it, but it's not some big thing.

Oral with tampons: You can just tuck the string up into the vagina and it won't even be in the way.
 late™
Msg: 64
Posted: 3/19/2010 9:25:47 AM

I always assumed that you would maybe leave a tampon in there while you did this and just carefully avoid the string?
If you rinse off first, it's not a big deal and also not hugely messy.
Oral with tampons: You can just tuck the string up into the vagina and it won't even be in the way.

As long as the man knows where his tongue is supposed to go, there shouldn't be an "ewww" factor (unless they {man or woman alike) have a lot of unresolved learned-childhood {icky! ...body stuff!!} ewww factor as part of their makeup), especially if the woman's flow is minimal and there is prior rinsing and a fresh tampon.

Sure, not everyone may want to do it, but it's not some big thing.

Nope, and for those of us with > circadian libidos, it's nothing at all.
 BBG38
Msg: 66
Posted: 3/19/2010 3:40:56 PM
Hilly there is an easier way to access the forum you posting on...and that is to clik on Forum....and as long as you have cliked on "track this thread" you can just clik on "my forums" and it will take you to a page where it lists all the threads you have posted on and then you just choose which thread you need..and there you have it...goodluck
 Island home
Msg: 67
Posted: 3/19/2010 4:34:38 PM

found a nifty little item called "Instead"

Yeah But Yeah But whats INSTEAD?????
 Island home
Msg: 69
Posted: 3/19/2010 4:55:02 PM
Must be getting too dependent on POF
Thought it could meet all my needs

Don't like the idea of the tampon in
Would be like a men at work road closed sign
Instead would be like working next to a dam fearing it may burst at any time
I'll stick with a free flowing stream , with the birds singing
 Tim61
Msg: 75
view profile
History
Posted: 3/21/2010 4:55:37 PM
Hilly1971 Wrote " Its quite well known that many women feel really horny during their period"

So why do Women get more Horny when your on your period, than when your Not on ?

Seems kinda Strange to me ?

but back to your question, me & my G/f went away for a weekend, but uinfortunatly it was a bad timing, she wanted to but i wasnt, but did try just the sex, but when It came down to it, it was not happening !!! Way to messy, prefer isex with out the red thanx

Tim
 Ahron123
Msg: 77
Posted: 3/24/2010 3:18:10 AM
^^^

I don't understand that. If it's YOU who isn't comfortable with it, and your parter is, then how is self loving an alternative?
 AnarchoCapitalist
Msg: 79
Posted: 3/24/2010 10:38:24 AM
Depends on the girl. With some you can barely tell the difference. With others, the smell will peel paint off the wall.
 wvwaterfall
Msg: 80
view profile
History
Posted: 3/24/2010 10:52:29 AM

I've found that the men who were comfortable with this were also more adventurous in bed.

Yup, and yup....

Of course, I'm not advocating oral here.

Por que no?

I wonder if the men who think that the woman should be providing him with morning sex no matter what feel the same way because a woman wants sex on her period?

If the urge is there for both, time of day or month should not be a factor! Or location, position, props, who initiates....

dave
 sck7
Msg: 82
Posted: 3/24/2010 11:45:01 AM
The last guy I was seeing was always down for having sex with me on my period... condoms not included.
ALSO he would go down on me on my period.
I loved it and still only appreciate guys who are down for that because it shows they can man up and take the heat. It shows that they are a real man.

It feels better and is a turn on when guys eat out or bang when a girl is on her period.
Just be careful of AIDS.
 Thunderstruck29
Msg: 83
view profile
History
Posted: 3/24/2010 1:46:36 PM
I always loved having sex with my lady when she was on her period. She was usually so much hornier and easier to arouse when Aunt Flow was visiting.

In addition to her being more excited when on her period it gave her a different taste too, when I went down on her.
Women are falsely conditioned to be uptight about their vaginas. Newsflash ladies. Y'all don't stink down there. You don't smell like a fish neither. In fact, usually, if you have good hygiene you are not only odorless down there, you tend to be tasteless too.
However when a lady is on her monthlys she has as sort of tangy coppery taste. And some ladies will actually have a sort of mild "fizz" during their time of the month too that makes tasting them that much more fun.

I have gone south many a time when Aunt Flow was visiting and I definitely have no problem with it.
And it has been my first hand (or tongue) experience that when you go down on a lady during that time of the month it REALLY excites many of them, as they realize you love doing what you are doing and you are doing it because you WANT to do that for her, not because you are just goin' through the motions. And it gets them off that much faster...

Honestly there is no reason why its such a taboo act. Most of the people who have hangups about it are basing their hangups on bad advice from old religious texts that also advise you to do all sorts of stupid and/or awful thing from stoning people to forgoing some of the tastiest foods around like bacon and shrimp!

Come on people we are not uptight semitish tribesmen in the bronze age anymore. Let such ancient thought processes go the same way of the horse drawn chariot and the sack cloth and ashes...
 namrael
Msg: 85
Posted: 3/24/2010 3:40:59 PM

It's not taboo....it's nasty,dirty uterus lining shedding blood and I'm an Atheist.I don't mind licking my p*ssy juice off my own fingers or kissing my guy after he goes down on me on a clean day....but the taste of iron makes me a lil sick and ALOT of it can't be healthy for anyone.I'd rather serve you some spinach if you crave iron!

Yes, it's taboo. There are plenty of societal taboos, so religion need not be involved in your life for that to be the case.

Secondly: What kind of oral sex are you having? My nerve endings are largely concentrated in my clit; when partners go down on me, they tend to focus their attentions there. This makes period cunnilingus not so very different from cunnilingus at any other time. They're not slurping my blood, they're focusing on my clit, while the blood is free to fall onto the awaiting towel. And they're certainly not ingesting massive quantities of it (which would involve some serious work, since women don't tend to bleed huge amounts at a time during their periods anyway, if you actually measured it).

If it's not your thing, that's fine, but it's not somehow unhealthy to engage in cunnilingus and sex during this time.
 Discerning Virtuosa
Msg: 86
Posted: 3/24/2010 5:35:49 PM
There are plenty of passages in the (misogynistic) bible about a woman being unclean. -As if men back then were just the great examples of perfect hygiene. It's ridiculous - back then, for practical purposes sex was to deliberately be fruitful and multiply - to procreat, and to keep women in their place. I'm pretty sure we've got populating the planet well covered. It amazes me how much fear and shame still linger in this day and age about a woman's period. It is deep rooted to the point of superstition.
There is nothing more liberating and freeing than being with a man who is not afraid of a woman and welcomes and accepts her body at any time.
Some men I've found even have fetishes for this. 50 or 60 years ago women were encouraged to douche with clorox in order the hold on to their husbands. I refuse to engage in the self loathing that men have put upon women. I say man up, get over it, better yet, develop an appreciation, or spend many lonely nights on a date with Rosie Palm.
 ajfedz
Msg: 87
Posted: 3/31/2010 6:44:16 PM

How about it then?
Its quite well known that many women feel really horny during their period......but many men (and women) have issues with doing the horizontal tango at this time.

So my question to you all is.....
For the women.....Do you want to do the deed during your period or do you feel its too messy and uncomfortable?
For the blokes......are you happy to visit down there at this time or do you steer well clear?

And just to really put the **** among the pidgeons.......what about oral?
No go at all?......bring it on?.......or maybe if its plugged up and not leaking?

when I was in my 20's and a horny dood, I would bang a beaver in any condition...
now? not - ooohhhh or eeewwww... more like yuk!!!!
 Ahron123
Msg: 88
Posted: 4/1/2010 7:15:17 PM

Secondly: What kind of oral sex are you having? My nerve endings are largely concentrated in my clit; when partners go down on me, they tend to focus their attentions there. This makes period cunnilingus not so very different from cunnilingus at any other time. They're not slurping my blood, they're focusing on my clit, while the blood is free to fall onto the awaiting towel. And they're certainly not ingesting massive quantities of it (which would involve some serious work, since women don't tend to bleed huge amounts at a time during their periods anyway, if you actually measured it).

Everyone is different, obviously, but I would think most people spend SOME time at the vaginal opening...even if just gathering “slipperiness” or “teasing”. Plus, the taste IS different at that time of the month. I can tell the difference between lots of different stages of the month. There is lots of hormonal differences, so it isn’t just blood that adds extra flavour ha ha.

I like it!! I just don’t agree that it “isn’t different to any other time”. It definitely is. How many girls have you gone down on??? :P
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 89
view profile
History
Posted: 4/2/2010 4:18:50 PM
I'm sorry, for a moment I thought you were referring to period sex as in "we both dress up as French Imperial courtesans, and dance waltzes before we bow, and ever so gracefully move on to HORIZONTAL waltzing.
I am way too old now to be likely to ever have to decide such a thing ever again, but back in the day, I went ahead. That was then, though, and part of my decision was based simply on a policy of never saying no to sex, since it didn't come around often enough.
I think I would still go for MY kind of "period sex."
 johndoe67-1
Msg: 92
Posted: 4/20/2010 6:06:42 AM
If a woman I'm dating is horny during her period, I'd be an idiot to say no. The flow usually stops or slows when she's getting excited and I've found most woman arent wanting sex if its a really 'heavy' day. But either case, just throw down an old towel and have fun!

As for oral (my favorite activity) I don't mind getting messy, but I wouldn't want to drown in it. So during a heavy day I'd concentrate on her clit or use a tampon which has worked nicely in the past.
 Zerataku
Msg: 94
Posted: 4/20/2010 11:07:31 AM
I can't really say much about it because I'm a virgin.

I do have to say, however, that I get very horny while on my period.

But I don't wear tampons. I wear pads.

So I can't play with myself. And I'm not sure anyone would want to.
 Ahron123
Msg: 95
Posted: 4/20/2010 11:46:41 AM
^^^

If you look back through the thread you’ll notice that lots of people will still want to (i.e If they want to, your period wont stop them wanting to).
 deerdog1
Msg: 97
Posted: 4/21/2010 1:55:23 PM
during my sexually formative years ... aka my teens ... me and my steady girl friend became sexually active at a early age ... in this time we were not worried about disease... as we both had only been with each other and it was a time when it was not as big an issue ... we did know about birth control and the consequences..of not using it ... but we did not always have the means to acquire condoms ... and lets face it ...after the cat has been let out of the panties ....so to speak ......two horny teenagers who think they are in love .....wont let not having a condom stop them from having each other ... so we were particularly joyed to see her period arrive .... because it meant that we had survived another month of playing without suffering the consequences of her being pregnant .... that being said we came to call period sex ...celebration sex ... and because we thought that there was no chance of getting knocked up when she was on the rag ... we made the best of it ... it was like open season on sex .... and some how we dated 6 years and she never got pregnant ... but boy did we learn about sex

So I have no aversion to blood ...at all well not menstrual blood any way ... and have had my red wings for most of my sexual life ... whether a woman is on the period is of no significance to me ...for oral or any kind f sex.. now I don't lap it up and im sure I have tasted it ...but I really can tell very little difference in the taste .whether it is that time of the month or not
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >