Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > California  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 mateo45
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Astrology or Tarot?Page 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
News Flash: real "astrology buffs" have already been well-aware for centuries now of the "discovery" re: "changing signs". It's called the phenomenon of "Precession" (of the equinoxes) and is an ancient and well-accepted part of Western Astrology, which is different from Vedic (aka "Hindu") astrology, that uses the actual current location of the constellations in the zodiac. So they're simply different systems, and in any case, newspaper sun sign astrology bears about as much resemblance to "real" astrology, as saying Taco Bell is "real" Mexican food! ;-p

BTW, the Precession issue is also part of the whole "2012/Mayan Prophecy/Age of Aquarius", etc. ruckus.
 Jennywillwin
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Astrology or Tarot?
Posted: 1/5/2012 3:10:17 PM
News Flash! Not EVERYONE is aware of EVERYTHING especially if it is a topic we don't follow!!

So many people here have such smart***, mocking attitudes :( Welcome to the Forums!!
 mateo45
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Astrology or Tarot?
Posted: 1/5/2012 3:45:52 PM
Sorry, didn't mean to hurt your feelings there kiddo, but I gotta ask, then why do you post about stuff you don't really know anything about? And do you appreciate it when folks repeat things that you already know are bogus or misleading?

Which kinda reminds me of all those spam emails that folks always repeat again and again as "facts", without ever bothering to check whether they're true or not (remember Google, Snopes... and Spellcheck, are your friends)! Oh, and don't believe everything you read (though OK, maybe the guvmint is run by space aliens)!
 Jennywillwin
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Astrology or Tarot?
Posted: 1/5/2012 3:55:08 PM
You couldn't possibly hurt my feelings , I don't allow stranger's statements to do that but I do appreciate your apology just the same, thank-you.

I don't have much time for a proper reply but I will just say that we still have some freedom to post what we want. This freedom may disappear sooner than later. When I state or post something, I try to do it in a respectful manner , everyone discerns for themselves what they want. Enough said.
 Wonder5750
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Astrology or Tarot?
Posted: 2/7/2012 3:08:46 PM
Astrology, what if the whole premis to how personalities are regarded have to do with how the child is swaddled after birth. Those born in the hot summer months aren't swaddled at all and have a freer outlook on life and those in the winter months are more frugal. There is logic behind most theories regarding some of the most foolish fantisy. :)

Now Tarot.. a whole different critter. Using random cards to tell your fortune. But what if the cards were just a way to keep your mind off the fact that who ever was "reading" you could actually connect with you and give you insights, things you already know, yet have kept hidden from yourself. Pieces of cardboard can't call in unseen evil forces to tell you secrets of your life. But there are people that can tap into your emotions and tell you things about you that you think no one knows. That gift plus intuition can go a long ways :) There are many folks that can read emotional energy, they use this skill to heal, physically, emotionally and spiritualy. I see it on here all the time. Folks zone into a real issue or a falsehood, lending a kindness or a kick in the butt as needed.

As for the future...it has yet to be written, the paths may be in place, but the choosing is still our own. :)
 Aura1shine
Msg: 34
Astrology or Tarot?
Posted: 4/2/2012 8:58:53 PM
Anyone interest in tarot card reading for fun write me and I will give her number. She was quite amazing for me and make a skeptic like me dumbfound, but still not totally believing till proven. She predicted I would have a new vehicle which I never plan or imagine to do so. Lo behold, I did buy a new van. When she told me my daughter coming, when I was not even known that I was pragnant. Yep, she arrived! My cousin had the same experiences with her when she was told that her hubby will give her a pricey present. Well, a new beamer customed to her like was delivered. Again, my coworker wanted to know about her next pragnancy would result in a boy or a girl. The reader told her that her son is coming. Yep, she has a boy which is now 6 years old. Btw, she did reading for a small fee that she donates to a charity, not for her own profit.
 jmark4
Msg: 35
Astrology or Tarot?
Posted: 4/4/2012 12:47:41 AM
no; it's crap; when they start giving me lottery numbers that win then I'll believe.

There are several calendars and the earths axis isn't even the same during the day when Astrology was formed.

Anyone living their life according to the night their parents had sex to create them is naive at best in my book. I would never date anyone that put much into it. For fun? sure. but to live by it; no way.
 Wonder5750
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Astrology or Tarot?
Posted: 4/4/2012 8:38:55 AM
In every mysticism there is some science. To void your self of something you really don't understand is to be terribly closed minded. However reading your posts jmark4 I am not surprised at your response. Some people just can't beleive in magic anymore... to me that is very sad. Perhaps I am a fool in your eyes, but I do note certain traits in different astrological signs. So far its been pretty constant... so I don't discount it at all. Just my own bit of research.. but its enough for me to pay attention to it :)
 emptyvases
Msg: 37
Astrology or Tarot?
Posted: 4/22/2012 9:00:09 PM
This is total bullsh**.
It's fun to look at the daily horoscope from time to time, but surely nobody takes this stuff seriously.
I hope!
 Wonder5750
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Astrology or Tarot?
Posted: 4/22/2012 9:22:08 PM
:) maybe it is.. maybe its not. Either way... you are right
 a_Libra_rising
Msg: 39
Astrology or Tarot?
Posted: 4/23/2012 2:18:38 AM
to "believe" in astrology and/or tarot is no more kooky than believing in atoms, molecules, and calculus. just because you can't see how something works, or it doesn't make sense to you, doesn't mean that it doesn't exist. astrology and tarot have their own structure and foundation. people use to to heavily depend on it for everyday and important decision like the ancient egyptians, ancient greeks, ancient romans, etc. i don't see it being weird when people read their daily horoscopes. i don't like horoscopes and i never read mine but there's nothing wrong with others reading it. besides, horoscopes isn't astrology.
as for tarot, there's nothing bunk about focusing your energy on something and placing that energy in a card that represents your energy. maybe to a lot of people now think it's "weird," but i see it as interesting and i'm open to it.

but all this is just my pisces moon talking.
 catalina_view
Msg: 40
Astrology or Tarot?
Posted: 4/23/2012 8:53:12 AM
Yeah, me too with a Pisces ascendant. Go see Susan Davis at the Psychic Eye in Sherman Oaks, she'll make a believer out of anyone.
 Sharrokay
Msg: 41
Astrology or Tarot?
Posted: 11/9/2013 5:37:30 PM
Yes, can you give me the person's name and phone number. Do you know anyone that cast spells?
Show ALL Forums  > California  >