Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Make Twice More by Wokring Twice More Hours???      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ItsMargo
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Make Twice More by Wokring Twice More Hours???Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
Nope. My needs are met with the work I do - my other needs happen outside of work.
Balance is key.
 myblueshadow
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Make Twice More by Wokring Twice More Hours???
Posted: 3/23/2010 11:27:49 AM
I would only do it short term. There is so much more to life than working, but to save up for a big trip, etc I would do it.

40 year old female.
 barbee1970
Msg: 11
Posted: 3/23/2010 11:43:32 AM
I would say no because the government will take half.

I now work about 15 hours a day, take Sunday off, 6 hours Sat.

Still spinning my wheels cause the more I earn the more they take.

I have a full time job, part time job, started my cleaning biz with Jan Pro (1 contract) cleaning a daycare 3 hrs a night x 5 days a week.

I don't make much in my biz yet but when I do I will quit the part time "job'.

I am a 40 y.o. woman.
 raxarsr
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 3/23/2010 1:22:12 PM
op....your young and single......go for it.....IF its at the same place and you get overtime........2 seperate jobs?.....no way........if you want a seecond job.deliver pizzas.......[pays surpriseingly well].......be prepared to lose your social life though.and your body will tire very easily after a few weeks.......any off time you have will proubly be spent sleeping...........pay attention to your diet..........you'll burn out quick on junkfood...........one benifit though....since you'll be working.you wont be going out spending money......sock it into savings.......oh yeah.....have them withhold an extra $25 or $50 a paycheck....to make sure your not paying in at the end of the year

i'm a 50 yo male.....i've done it both ways..from having 2 and 3 jobs at a time.......to working in a warehouse 12 hrs a day 7 days a week for months at a stretch.....it plays pure hell on relationships.....so you have to decide which is more important
 Delete_Me_Please
Msg: 13
Posted: 3/23/2010 2:36:53 PM
I'd do it short term (assuming I love the job) but not for any significant length of time. There's little point in making tons of money if you don't have time to enjoy it.
 12 Volt Man
Msg: 14
Posted: 3/23/2010 4:39:55 PM
as the above poster, I get time and a half for all hours worked over 40, and if I work between midnight and 6am, I get double time, and double time on sundays.

due to an issue at work, I worked 80h last week, but I was dead afterwards. pretty rare to work that much, but still, it happens. People are away on march break, we have issues, we need to come in. its that simple.

still, the money is worth it in the end.

but I have no kids yet and I am young, so just suck it up and do it. I think if it works for you, go for it!

extra money can be a life saver sometimes. as for me, I am buying a new dishwasher with the extra cash, since mine broke a while ago..:)

that being said, only do it if you are sure you can be safe. driving home over tired is bad.

your health is not worth the money if you think you are putting yourself at risk.
 NowSucksLess
Msg: 15
Posted: 3/23/2010 4:40:58 PM
No. In fact, I'm going to cut my hours in half.

49/M
 Delete_Me_Please
Msg: 16
Posted: 3/24/2010 12:56:19 PM

Have yet to come across a headstone that reads:
I wish I had spent more time at work.

In all fairness, the people whose epitaphs would read that probably couldn't afford headstones.
 Singleinlewistonidaho
Msg: 17
Posted: 3/24/2010 2:08:34 PM
I would only do it short term. Free time is very important. It also depends on the job. I know people who can sit around doing anything they want haf the time.

mike
 arwen52
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 3/24/2010 3:07:23 PM
I'm 57, female.

80 hours a week is almost 12 hours a day, seven days a week. How long can a person keep this up?

No, I wouldn't do it.
 Kelso
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 3/30/2010 6:56:41 PM
It would depend on what length of time, the reasons for doing so, and the costs. I have in the past, and would again in the future, work those (or longer) hours, *for a few months* but the reason has to be very sound. Working an 80 hour week for "the money" isn't a good enough reason. Money in and of itself isn't enough of a motivator to *maintain* those long hours week after week after week. If you're trying to get a business up and running those hours are often not unusual in the initial stages. If you are going through an extremely difficult time in an established business that you own, or while working for an employer, and need to put in those extended hours in order to "save" a situation, then yes, that's a strong enough motivating factor. Know exactly what you're earning the money for. What are the benefits - the reasons.

But please remember, those work hours don't come without costs, and sometimes significant costs. You need to determine for yourself OP what the cost of exchanging those additional forty hours will be to your life (and lifestyle). What are you giving up, or what *isn't* going to happen as a result of working all the time. "No amount of success at work will make up for failure in the home."

Ask yourself: "What's important." If (more) money is important to you, it will come to you, and it will do so without you having to work an 80 hour week. Instead of asking yourself if you should work twice as long for two times the money, ask yourself, "how can I make more money, twice as much in the near term, and perhaps ten times as much in five years, while working no more than a forty hour week. Others have done so, and so can you.

I am male (although my answer wouldn't be different if I were female). I'm 48 years old (and only providing that number to let you know I've lived long enough to learn that some things are worth working very hard for, and some things are not, and whenever I've wanted to "earn more" I've needed to "learn more" first).

I wish you well with whatever you decide to do.
 southernlass
Msg: 20
Posted: 3/30/2010 10:19:39 PM
When you're really young and you have no children, no marriage, why not?

I've worked some extremely long hours, for days at a time. Now I have a home, a child, and numerous pets. I've got what really counts to me in life -- so no, I would no longer work that hard; I don't feel that I need to.

I'm ready to find someone that fits with me, whom I love, and seriously settle down to a life of being frugal but happy.
 NowSucksLess
Msg: 21
Posted: 3/31/2010 7:56:17 AM
The irony is that by the time I learned how to make a sh1tload of money, was the same time I also learned that making a shitload of money just isn’t that important.
 want to travel
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 6/9/2010 6:33:00 AM
i tried that, all i got for it was more taxes to pay, seriously, the more i do overtime, the less i make per overtime hours
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Make Twice More by Wokring Twice More Hours???