Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ontario  > Ann Coulter      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Who says
Msg: 8
Ann Coulter Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
"Sorry, they wanted to get someone more controversial but (Iranian President) Mahmoud Ahmadinejad wasn't available,"

No, hate speech should not be allowed, history has some examples of countries that allowed hate speech under the concept of free speech with very dire consequences.
 Who says
Msg: 9
Ann Coulter
Posted: 3/27/2010 7:52:05 PM
Universities should invite people that actually know something. Ann Coulter even thought that Canada had sent troops into Vietnam! Not sure why she was invited by a right wing organization, but obviously not for her knowledge of history, more likely for her inflammatory remarks.
If her hate speech was targeting jewish people, for example, she'd be in jail.
 blindfish
Msg: 10
Ann Coulter
Posted: 3/28/2010 10:58:09 PM
"Since I've arrived in Canada...I've been accused of committing a crime in a speech that I have not yet given..."

Is not intended murder also a crime, as well as murder itself? So if she intended to give the speech, then she did commit a crime, in a way.

Coulter is a rabble rouser, she says and does things intended to get a rise out of people, and then acts surprised when she gets what she wanted. Coulter does not practice debate; like most Republicans and all televangelists, she abuses it. Every illegitimate tactic in the book riddles her speeches, and I wouldn't be surprised if she invented a few new ones.

Is she a moron? No, not at all. She knows exactly what she is doing. She manipulates the emotions of people who don't practice temperament of the emotions of the heart with the intelligence of the mind.
 komodo
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Ann Coulter
Posted: 3/29/2010 7:17:17 AM

While I agree that she is a moron, apparently she was actually semi-correct there. We did send troops but they were non-combative troops. So, they were both in the wrong but unfortunately, she came out looking better as for the first time in her life, she didn't start yelling and raise a stink but said that she'd get back to him instead.

Thats true;

It may be semantics, but, approximately 42,000 combat troops who were from Canada fought in Vietnam. as of 2010 7 are MIA over there. The "42,000" volunteered and joined the US military. The vast majority moved back to Canada after. While I DO NOT support Ann Coulter in any way, shape or form, people are free to do, within the law, what they want....

Canada's version of the Black Wall is in southern Ontario.

Rock On
 My I
Msg: 12
Ann Coulter
Posted: 3/30/2010 6:14:16 PM

Ann Coulter is not a right wing bully with radical opinions. Ann Coulter is a Business, much in the same way Don Cherry is a Business. We tune in because it's so ridiculously transparent it passes for entertainment. We've evolved, our tastes have evolved, this is the new comedy. It'll pass, just like Dice Clay passed.

Maybe she's resolved to the fact the only way she can get to the top is to either fvck her way to the top or act like a nut and attract the opposing nuts for media attention.
 My I
Msg: 13
Ann Coulter
Posted: 4/1/2010 10:13:15 AM

Similar to you and quite a few of the previous posts.

Your first post in this thread^^^

You mean like yourself, although you wont ever get fvcked by Ann Coulter

^^^Your second post in this thread.

Based on your posts in this thread it would suffice to say you would support her. Afterall, you both have nothing interesting to say and you both offer little in the way of wisdom.

Maybe you and her should ride camels........ in the artic
 Lint Spotter
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Ann Coulter
Posted: 4/3/2010 12:07:46 PM

Do you think she has a right to speak her mind in Canada?
I think she should be constricted to the same laws that apply to us citizens. Her bigotry is offensive... I'm NOT a fan.
 Super Ryan
Msg: 15
Ann Coulter
Posted: 4/4/2010 11:31:07 PM
Canada did not send any troops to fight in the Vietnam War.
Canada also banned sending war supplies directly to Vietnam for the Americans.
Canadian Peace Keepers were sent to Vietnam to help with the Paris Peace Accord (later replaced by Iranian Peace Keepers).
Canadian companies did sell goods directly to America that were sent to Vietnam.
Ann Coulter was completely wrong about her claims Canada sent troops to Vietnam, and later claiming that Canadians joined the US military to fight in Vietnam changes the argument.
 ManInTheBox79
Msg: 16
Ann Coulter
Posted: 4/6/2010 11:07:43 AM
Ann Coulter is an attention whore. She is meaningless in the grand scheme of things. She is on par with Bill O' Liarly and Glenn Beck imo.
 blindfish
Msg: 17
Ann Coulter
Posted: 4/24/2010 2:57:55 PM
You would be surprised. Racism is alive and flourishing in Canada.

Recently, a black man and his white wife had the experience of having a cross burned in their front yard in a small community in Canada. When the perpetrators were caught, prosecuted and punished, the family's car was torched.

There is a line where freedom of expression crosses into intolerance and bigotry. The perpetrators of the aforementioned hate crimes crossed it, and so does Ann Coulter every time she opens her mouth to speak. I am not one for censorship or for limiting freedom of speech, but I do not support her flavour of bullshit.

Unfortunately there are a lot of idiots to whom her effluvia is not transparent, and that is a dangerous formula.
 Frankybaby66
Msg: 18
Ann Coulter
Posted: 4/25/2010 10:10:44 PM
why is anyone listening to anne coulter...
 BFLP
Msg: 19
Ann Coulter
Posted: 8/23/2010 1:22:01 AM
no one should try to stop people from saying their piece unless it breaks the law because if you do support stopping anyone you might be one not allowed speak next time and all people here who are saying things about ann coulter should realize how nice it is to have right to speak
Show ALL Forums  > Ontario  > Ann Coulter