Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  > The Best Chance At Life......      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Capitano_Blaugh
Msg: 50
The Best Chance At Life......Page 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)

americans pay canadian children by some reciprocation the compensations for over 3 decades of child abuse by their medias (and our medias).

Dude, seriously, what the fvck does this mean in English? What the fvck language did your parents speak to you as an infant? Your syntax and usage is just so far off.

The closest I can come to understanding the way you try to the convey information is much the same way the schizophenics I've met/worked with over the years convey info. Seriously. The "secrets" you see in every corner, your user name, the conspiracies, your ramblings really make me think of someone with some serious mental health issues.

Participate, but PLEASE, try to use proper English and intelligible arguments. I'm not sure anyone has ever told you this tidbit, but it is contingent on the COMMUNICATOR to make sure that the message is clear so that the RECEIVER of the message understands the message. If the message doesn't get through, it's the COMMUNICATOR'S shortcoming, not the RECEIVER'S.

.... yikes.....

lizbeth2
Msg: 51
The Best Chance At Life......
Posted: 4/11/2010 12:28:41 AM
Here is what I mean when I speak of "affording" children:
Parents must, by law*, provide their children with food, clothing, and shelter. A person who can afford to provide these things can be said to "afford having children."
* Neglect and Abuse Laws
Under state laws, it is a criminal offense for parents and legal guardians to fail to meet children's basic needs, including food, clothing, shelter, medical treatment, and supervision. Such failure constitutes child neglect.
Since it is actually a crime not to provide these things for children, it is not a stretch at all to say that having children when one cannot provide these things is at least selfish.
~futureshock~

^^^Come on future....even the young niaeve 18 yr old can "afford" children these days with the soical net that is provided in North America. This thread is not about providing for kids basic needs of food shelter and clothing...and you damn well know that. Parents who deprive their kids of the basic needs that society will help to pay for are guilty of neglect for not accessing those programs as far as I am concerned..but that is a stretch from the origional OP don't ya think?
This thread (IMO) asked the question about how much finacial stability should a person have before they would be percieved as being responsible enough to have a child....or something along those lines.....careful..we don't want to open up the pro-life/pro-choice debate again!
I think it is shameful that there are people that still exist who feel it is their duty to demean and put down parents by predicting their failure because of income instead of looking at the potential and the future successes that they might have along with their children.

Welcome back furture shock....I will say I am happier to respond to your dated and predjiduce opinions than the other oppossing posters as of late! At least I don't need cliff/coles notes to translate your comments! BTW keep the post to a min...your breaking the rules y'know!
 Capitano_Blaugh
Msg: 52
Posted: 4/12/2010 7:26:58 AM

Blaugh-man. If you have criticisms of my expressions contents, show them, and try to resist total non-acceptance of ideas which either seem foreign to you or seem to threaten your base political view-points.

Other-wise, I too have rights to speak and write and no secret identity may presume to over-rule 1st amendment or charter freedoms to do so.

I have absolutely NO problem with you expressing your opinions or telling it like you see it....

.... the problem is that none of your posts make any frickin' sense.

You MAY have many legitimate points to make, but somewhere between your brain/thought and the keyboard, things are getting REALLY messed up, dude. Your posts are incomprehensible and come off as paranoid roof-brain chatter.

And were you part of the troupe which had my question removed re: " re-educating the prejudicial of mind" i installed late last week..?

I have never voted to have a post deleted. In fact, whenever I see that some posters are voting to get a thread deleted, I ALWAYS vote to keep it, no matter WHAT the thread is about. I DID ask that a post be deleted one time because it was my own post and it was in the wrong thread.

Will you please identify yourself and show some credentials which give you rights or want to quash language..?

I speak English. I know how to string words together to make a sentence. I know how to make a sentence make sense.....

... and, last but by no means least, I'm one of the smartest men I've ever known...

On Topic:

I think people ought to have to obtain a license and pass a stringent screening process before having any kids...

.... kinda like you have to do before they'll let you have that cute little puppy from the SPCA....

kissmyasthma
Msg: 53
Posted: 4/12/2010 8:35:55 AM
Just to reiterate the post from the captain, you need to get your message across to your audience to which I am certain you know little about. I am of the opinion that the captain has a very strong grasp of the English language in that he is able to get points across with more than one edge to them whereas you are writing to a party of one - yourself.

To insult us because you are the only one who understands your gibberish is laughable. It is one thing to use big words that some need to look up the meaning to is one thing but even the best of us had to take a little time to decipher Shakespeare the first (or second ) time we read it and you sir are no Shakespeare. Although it isn't uncommon for prisoners and those committed to insane asylums to have access to the internet.
 Capitano_Blaugh
Msg: 54
Posted: 4/12/2010 5:25:52 PM
well, given that my ideas be quite foreign to you then so would the sense criteria you would need to have your tests ratified, else create a racist screen to satisfy your special non-spoken/written agenda. perhaps that criterion serve economics. it won't be enough. i am a human rights and human relationships advisor.

Dude, you are a hoot.

First off, I wouldn't even know whether or not your ideas are foreign or not because I can't even decipher what the hell you are talking about. Please translate this into whatever language you choose, I'll have it translated: "... given that my ideas be (<<the subjunctive form? really? I thought I was the pirate here) quite foreign to you then so would the sense criteria (<<Explain what that is, please. A "sense criteria"?) you would need to have your tests ratified (My tests? Where the hell did that come from?)... else create a racist screen (<<Seriouly? Are you calling a racist because you make no sense? Yikes. I have no idea whether you are white, black, purple, green, Terran or Martian, nor do I care.) to satisfy your special non-spoken/written agenda (<<I have no agenda)."

I'd love to continue deconstructing your quirky, even bizarre, usage of English, I really would, but it gets a bit far off topic.

I really DO love it, though. I'm having a blast and haven't had this much fun since the pig ate my brother....

As for my qualifications, I hold two degrees. One of them is in English Literature. If you are "... human rights and human relationships advisor", good on ya, but I sure hope for you clients' sake that you don't speak like you write....

On topic:

I still think that people should have to achieve some sort of credential in order to breed. Maybe if everyone was to be installed with ON/OFF switch at birth this would reduce the number of kids born into a family with a long, multiple generational, history of dysfunction.

Whole 9 Yards
Msg: 55
view profile
History
Posted: 4/13/2010 12:14:42 PM
All things being equal, your friend is 100% right.
Now if we can just find a vacuum to live in.
On paper, yes, I agree. I know those in the situation will vehemently disagree, but that is what a forum is for.
 anonymouslyme
Msg: 56
Posted: 4/19/2010 2:25:00 PM

What is it with those which have been reared to believe you are superiour but with no proofs for showing your superiority..?
Perhaps the asker (aka fruitcake of english debauchery) would be best suited to provide answers to an inquiry such as this?
 EVROCKS
Msg: 57
Posted: 4/25/2010 4:04:15 PM
Knowing what I know about the brain development of children and seeing what I see in my community, if I were a baby, I would prefer living in poverty with parents who realize the value of their time, attention, and communication with me on a daily basis. I would prefer an unemployed parent who could stay home with me instead of leaving me with someone who is doing "child care" just so she can stay home with her own kids. Money does not raise intelligent, healthy kids. Love and attention over time does.
 LoveBeautifulDays
Msg: 58
Posted: 4/9/2013 8:56:41 PM
i am tripping out when I watch Feed The Children, why do they keep having babies when they know for sure that children will be in severe poverty??/
Are they being raped, or whats going on?
I wouldnt even want a man near me knowing I wasnt going to use protection or it wasnt available, when i have children in severe poverty or know that the baby that will be conceived will be. What is going on?
 happynewstart
Msg: 59
Posted: 4/10/2013 8:55:48 AM
No, if everyone waits for it to be perfect nothing will every happen. It is better to be in a strong relationship and to be earning, you do not need to be rich to raise a child. You should be able to provide a home, clothe and feed the child though. Having said that, often, the stress of having children is what creates the rift in the relationship. People often are in good relationships and jobs but a child can change all of that. Once the child is here and should the relationship fail (there is never any guarantees rich or not) what then? If you do not support the single parent the choice they have is to stay in what could turn into an abusive or neglectful relationship in order to provide basic necessities for the child. This is not a good way to raise the child and not a good enough life for either the child or the parent.
 Debyduz_
Msg: 60
Posted: 4/13/2013 6:08:01 PM
I grew up with a stay at home mom and a dad who worked 2 jobs to support us. We did not have the best of everything. We went to public school. Wore hand me down clothes. We had one pair of shoes and wore them til they fell apart. I was strait A student and my siblings were average. My mom was a nut case and we would have been better off if she went to work and left the dog to babysit us.

She has a right to her opinion. As everyone does.

Money does not buy happiness. It does not guarantee a smart child.

Take one aspect, drug addiction. It happens to everyone. The best of families end up with druggies just as often as those who live in worst neighborhoods.

I think she is wrong. The great life people seem to have is often an illusion. The great job requires 90 hours a week. The great house requires both parents working.
 rockondon
Msg: 61
view profile
History
Posted: 4/15/2013 7:04:36 PM

Long story short a few weeks ago a bunch of my friends got together, most of the girls there are mothers, well one of the girls that was there, who has no kids, voiced her opinion that she thinks that it is wrong for people who don’t have good jobs, a house, and a great life and that cant afford the best of the best, should bring children into this world..
Due to the fact that we have such a high poverty rate, and that every child should be given the utmost chance at life…

so my question is...... is she right?
I can see what drives people to think this way. I see a trend where those of lowest socioeconomic status are pumping out the most kids. As unfortunate as that might be, the claim that those who "can't afford the best of the best" should not bring children into this world - really? That's pretty extreme.
Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  > The Best Chance At Life......