Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Bathroom etiquette      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ZenBeth
Msg: 17
Bathroom etiquettePage 2 of 2    (1, 2)
We have a small bathroom with a separate wash area for women only and since we are all like sisters, we sometime go together and talk while someone is using the toilet, or washing their hands. I am more concerned with how many people do NOT wash their hands after using the bathroom and would like to see a sink area within public view so you would have to wash your hand when leaving the toilet area.

~Beth~
 barbee1970
Msg: 18
Bathroom etiquette
Posted: 3/27/2010 2:57:31 AM
I have the same type of bathroom in my work area. I knew I really had the runs so I went in the student bathroom down the hall as a courtesy to the lady in the staff one.

Hey least I clean up after myself.
 yew4ic
Msg: 19
Bathroom etiquette
Posted: 3/27/2010 1:15:34 PM
What an idiotic thread. Funny, but stupid. LMAO! o.k my answer is lock the door and be quick as possible.
 Dancing_4_You
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Bathroom etiquette
Posted: 3/28/2010 1:58:41 PM
we have a local theater which is considered an historic landmark. there, they have a few stalls lined up inside a larger women's bathroom. while you sit, there are lines outside your door, waiting for you to get out! the door, for someone tall like myself, starts at the bust line and goes down to about a a foot above the floor. when you stand up, you are facing everyone on line. so, i assume this is legal. large corporations or local oddity venues like this one, will probably stand by what is legal. if you have a small office, i suggest you have a group brainstorm. for me, a decent door between the toilet and the sink would suffice. let's face it, if you have a "problem" then even if the person waits outside, s/he will know it when they enter. hopefully, you would find an alternative in that situation!

btw. my first husband (new england irishman) and i (nyc brooklyn jewish girl) thought nothing of sharing a bathroom (along with the four dogs and four cats). for me, it was new in that i was an only child, but didn't think much about it. if we needed privacy, we just said so. however, my second husband from scotland would not even pee if someone was around. he'd lock the door and put on the fan.

go figure. i guess it is not only the "situation" or the "individual" or the "corporate culture", it is also the way one was raised and the area they lived in.

OP, what exactly is YOUR issue with this?
 myblueshadow
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Bathroom etiquette
Posted: 3/29/2010 6:32:01 AM
Never expected so many replies! And I haven't been on here all weekend.

Here is MY issue. On a few occassions I have walked down the hall to the bathroom. Our building has 3 floors, a bathroom on each. The lower level, where I work is the only bathroom with the one stall issue. There is no lock on the actual bathroom door. While I know people who work in this building, we frequently have other employees from our other sites/visitors here for meetings/trainings. So you open the bathroom door, if someone is in the stall, I will walk out and wait in the hall, but a few times a month, I will open the door to someone standing at the sink. Usually if it's someone I know, I will go in and close the stall door, but when it's a visitor/employee I don't know, it's an awkward situation. Do I turn around and walk out or do I continue my way in to the stall.

I get this isn't as profound as why don't guys date fat girls or why are all women gold diggers, but it seemed like it would be a way to get some input on etiquette.
 Sweet_Le_Senza
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Bathroom etiquette
Posted: 3/29/2010 8:30:08 AM

The sink is outside of the stall

I don't know of any single person bathroom where there is a sink outside of the stall. Obviously there for a reason! :P

I get this isn't as profound as why don't guys date fat girls.[ /quote]

Men like this drive me bonkers! Some guys call women fat when in reality the woman is not even overweight but don't even get me started on that !!
 QUIET WHISPERS
Msg: 23
Bathroom etiquette
Posted: 4/1/2010 8:02:57 PM
SCREW THOSE OCD HANDWASHING CO-WORKERS- IF YOU GOTTA POOP, GO IN & LOUDLY & STINKILY DO IT...THEN THE BEEYATCH WILL STAY OUT OF THE CAN UNLESS SHE REALLY HAS TO GO POTTY
 QUIET WHISPERS
Msg: 24
Bathroom etiquette
Posted: 4/1/2010 8:06:48 PM
PS-IF U R REALLYBAAAAD LEAVE A FLOATER
 WalksOnWater2
Msg: 25
Bathroom etiquette
Posted: 4/1/2010 8:08:32 PM
WOW!
I feel a sudden appreciation for my workplace and the abundant supply of sinks and bathrooms. WITH doors too!

imalitltpot
Msg: 26
Bathroom etiquette
Posted: 4/2/2010 8:47:48 PM
OK people......

First....no pooping in public. Do it at home.

Second.....if you DO poop in public, it's poop-flush, wipe-flush. Last night I had to plunge a butt explosion in the men's locker room at the Y. They don't pay me nearly enough to EVER do that again.
 five-marie
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Bathroom etiquette
Posted: 10/21/2012 4:02:30 PM
I did a thread search because I have a similar question. (Glad I found this, it's hilarious).
I get to work at 630 am, store opens at 8am. Drink a pot of coffee before I get there, long drive, first thing I do is pee.
Staff bathroom has 2 stalls. There is another bathroom way at the back that no one uses. There is also a private bathroom, no stalls, one toilet, for customers.
So I use the bathroom and in the stall next to me I hear someone having a bowel movement. Farting, etc. Really? You know I can hear you, you can't wait 30 seconds until I'm out of there?
Today same thing.
Twice in one week. Most women I know would sooner die than do this at work.
Why wouldn't you use the bathroom at the back of the store? Why wouldn't you use the private customer bathroom? Who shits when someone else is inches away?
 SugahPunkin
Msg: 28
Bathroom etiquette
Posted: 10/22/2012 11:59:20 AM
I went to a funeral once and had to tinkle. As I approached the bathrooms I saw this long line outside the ladies bathroom and none at the mens so I went in to the mens.
When I came out a look of horror was on all those women waiting in line. I didnt care. I had to pee!

I once was at a rest area and using the stall when in the stall next to me I heard the door open and figured someone was going to pee. I heard this long loud stream of pee and thought wow, she must really have had to pee.. but then as it kept on going I looked under the stall and the huge boots were facing the toilet!! It was a man. LOL..
He had finished before me and I scrambled to hurry because I thought maybe I had went into the wrong bathroom but as I looked at what picture was on the outside door I was relived that I had went into the womens. But, there he was.. standing across from it smiling at me.. I recognized his boots. I just laughed and went on my way.

I spend more time with the people at work than my actual family. So, I dont think Id have aproblem with it. We have a ton of women at work and one bathroom. When its occupied I use the mens.

Im not sure if I could if I felt unsafe about it..lol. But I can pee whenever I have to.. wherever..
:)
 Doremi_Fasolatido
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Bathroom etiquette
Posted: 10/22/2012 6:27:34 PM
I hate having to pinch a loaf at work. I try to get that out of my system beforehand if possible. But, at times there is a need to go at work. I have no qualms about using any bathroom that is nearest when nature calls. I could give a fig if it stinks, is loud , or offend anyone within earshot. Or, within smell range.

Hey, it's a bathroom. It's meant for people to carry on their eliminative functions. These functions are crude, smelly and even unsanitary. That is why bathrooms have toilets, urinals and sinks to wash up afterwords. It's OK to make noise and stink the place up, that's what it's for. I'd enter that stall and let that turd see daylight. I bet I would'nt have to wait to use the sink afterwards either....
 missraven1
Msg: 30
Bathroom etiquette
Posted: 10/23/2012 7:14:51 AM
Lmao.

Who shits when someone else is inches away?

The only really offensive thing is the smell. If they were thoughtful enough, they could have either flushed immediately after unloading or else sprayed air freshener beforehand (if any on hand). I just try to hold my breath when using public toilets. I don't think they should have to hold on, what if someone comes in after you..they'll have to hold for them as well. Or you need extra time to drop a bomb yourself and/or touch up your make-up, fluff your hair, adjust your outfit. Maybe it was a man lol.
 five-marie
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Bathroom etiquette
Posted: 10/23/2012 3:05:34 PM
It didn't smell, thank God. I was just amazed that she (I looked at the shoes) chose to do it in that bathroom when there were 2 more private bathrooms available.
Most women I know won't do this anywhere near anyone other than their families. Girls at work and I used to be in tears laughing about dating after years and having to worry about this.
One co worker went away for a weekend with a man after having been married for over 20 years. She refused to use the bathroom because he was there. He finally said to her "I have a mother and 2 sisters and they all shit".
Guess I'm just used to women being more private about this.
 five-marie
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Bathroom etiquette
Posted: 10/23/2012 3:07:40 PM
It didn't smell, thank God. I was just amazed that she (I looked at the shoes) chose to do it in that bathroom when there were 2 more private bathrooms available.
Most women I know won't do this anywhere near anyone other than their families. Girls at work and I used to be in tears laughing about dating after years and having to worry about this.
One co worker went away for a weekend with a man after having been married for over 20 years. She refused to use the bathroom because he was there. He finally said to her "I have a mother and 2 sisters and they all shit".
Guess I'm just used to women being more private about this.
 missraven1
Msg: 33
Bathroom etiquette
Posted: 10/26/2012 3:30:53 PM
Probably didn't use the other two bathrooms for the reasons you stated or else didn't think much of it.

One co worker went away for a weekend with a man after having been married for over 20 years. She refused to use the bathroom because he was there.

Why is it men don't have a problem with it but women do..*shrug*.. She could have just made light of it to relieve her own discomfort. I know a mother who in the past told her son to hold on until he got home. She realized it's not a good idea. Wouldn't want someone to get into the habit of it. Don't know what, if any, effect there is to health but found this question posted online.. Sounds like it's a joke post.

Is holding onto poo dangerous for your health?

Sometimes I like to hold it in for a few days, sometimes up to a week because it's really cold here and the gases produced warm me up underneath my blanket. Can I get sick from this?
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Bathroom etiquette