Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Is life passing you by?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Secondhand_Lion
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Is life passing you by?Page 2 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
Now this is rich!....I'm assuming that most who are reading and posting currently have a wireless laptop mounted on the control bar of their hang glider.
 Singlemale1962
Msg: 27
Is life passing you by?
Posted: 3/28/2010 12:50:27 PM
Life didnt pass me by it ran over me.
 DeliveryRN
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Is life passing you by?
Posted: 3/28/2010 5:00:14 PM
I with Tall Tales, in that the telling of the stories is so much more fun than writing them. This is a great thread BTW. Much more intresting than fat
vs thin, wrinkles vs smooth, who is the fittest of them all blah blah blah. What I love about this age is that we have already lived most of our life and hopefully have gained enough wisdom to know, how to really live, the rest of it. Jumping through windows of opportunity and rarely denying myself the pleasure of getting to know someone, have kept my life full. Very very interesting as well.
 louise1359
Msg: 29
Is life passing you by?
Posted: 3/28/2010 6:51:44 PM
I try to enjoy each moment as I am in it, whatever I'm doing: reflecting on the past, planning for the future, writing, talking, working, running--doesn't matter as long as I experience it fully consciously. I even love to fall asleep b/c I enjoy that sensation so much!
 Cat*Eyes
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Is life passing you by?
Posted: 3/29/2010 1:44:49 AM
My life has been very intersting. But I feel life is passing me by, because living my life the way I really want, is not happening lately.
 thecatsmeoww
Msg: 31
Is life passing you by?
Posted: 3/29/2010 3:59:44 AM

However, sometimes it doesn’t hurt to pause and reflect on one’s life…after all…how can we possibly know what direction we ought to take NOW if we don’t acknowledge where we’ve already been!

Reading some really interesting comments on this thread and this was one of them.. I think it really happens as a very natural progression such as interest that has been developed over the course of time.. That is how my direction has happened for me at least.

thecatsmeoww
 thecatsmeoww
Msg: 32
Is life passing you by?
Posted: 3/29/2010 4:02:45 AM

Of course life is passing you by...it goes on....you don't.

True but we can leave things behind that will carry on..So at least some people know you have been here .. lol

thecatsmeoww
 Free-At-Last
Msg: 33
Is life passing you by?
Posted: 3/29/2010 8:13:20 AM

Life can never "pass me by" as long as I have the understanding of how to grasp, jump into, feel, grab hold of, wonder at, cry with, smile with whatever is passing in front of my eyes, mind, nose, ears, right at this very moment of life.

I love your outlook on life Sometimes it's the simple pleasures that nuture our heart and soul the most. There is no doubt in my mind that you live a life full of gratitude.
 kpooks
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Is life passing you by?
Posted: 3/29/2010 11:26:43 AM
Life has pretty much nailed me on the head.

That said, have led a somewhat interesting life so far. Made some friends and lost them, achieved some artistic accomplishments, made some money and lost it, had some wonderful times with my brother and his family, now he's gone. As far as the ladies, haven't been chasing them as aggressively as I should've been...for the most part, relied on self-service for physical gratitication...terrified of the expense of children...religious condom use is in order...has left me alone...now I'm up for something...keep myself in shape and maybe it's not too late...want to be useful, help someone and something larger than myself, and maybe get some self-gratification too...

My life would make a book as far as "troubled youth rises above his shortcomings and those of his environment to achieve things". In God's eyes, what have I actually done...for someone else? Well, I've been a kind ear to friends in need, seem to be a sounding board for disgruntled frustrations, given some advice that might've been useful...it ain't saving the planet or sponsoring a tribe of children in Africa, but it's something.

And today is a wondrous new opportunity-!
 ItsMargo
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Is life passing you by?
Posted: 3/30/2010 8:39:32 PM
My life has been interesting enough, but man, what I really want is the movie rights on my brother's life. woo-hoo!
 Rythmn
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Is life passing you by?
Posted: 3/30/2010 9:19:01 PM
Actually, for me, this is a serious question. I have been urged by many who know me to write a book about my journey through adopting teens, at age fifty and at a time I was very ill. Actually, ideally it would be wonderful if one of them or all of them could help me co-author. My objective would be to address the foster care "industry" and those who managed to come out the other end w/o "harm". My problem has been, given human nature, to come up with an alternative to this industry. "A Boy Called It" was a story not all that dissimilar from what my kids had to bear. But, the journey was, and still is, far from romantic. Organizing thoughts when not ad libbing or saying whatever comes out of my mouth at a particular time, is not easy for a post lymes brain such as mine. So, I am taking a writing course and will see. It would not be about bragging. It would be about risk and possibility. Maybe it would sell better if I included a chapter on erectile dysfunction as noted above. Good point! I
 Free-At-Last
Msg: 37
Is life passing you by?
Posted: 3/30/2010 10:02:31 PM

"Is life passing you by?" as much as "Is knowledge passing you by?" You might spend all of your life traversing through this globe, its wonders and horrors, all for naught, unless, somehow, it all accumulates into something that is sharable and contributes to "some" understanding of meaningfulness.

Agreed. I want to live my life on purpose...and WITH a purpose.

As wierd as it sounds, I believe that humans are mere "systems" of a greater reality. Physics is matter. Gravity is matter. Evolution is matter. The laws of the universe are matter. We, as well as all living things, are mere "systemic" manifestations of matter.

Damn science...just when I start to believe that I really am a "spiritual" entity exploring a "human" experience here on earth...I get reminded that my presence here on this earth is no more important / logical than that of a single ant living amongst millions in an ant hill.
 MondoVman
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Is life passing you by?
Posted: 3/31/2010 1:07:35 AM
Comedian Rick Reynolds expressed it best. To paraphrase ...
- A reminder of a successful life would be a newspaper headline that reads "Rick Reynolds found in pool of blood" as opposed to "Dead man stains carpet".

One of my favorite takes on life is "You can only eat an apple once". The goodness I experience is worth expressing my gratitude today. Any goodness I do has different value to different people, and sometimes none at all, but doing so creates fond memories for the future, too.
 blueyesrsmiling
Msg: 39
Is life passing you by?
Posted: 3/31/2010 5:43:55 AM
So life doesn't pass me by and I don't lose friends.....I am adding you to my favorites.
That way I can keep in contact with all that have been sucessful with their wit and humor........
I did a 8 mile hike yesterday. This is something I had been wanting to do for awhile and I am now exploring new places to hike...life is good. I am slowly building up so that I can do something that is longer and better.....so for me taking baby steps helps me reach my goals. Its doesn't matter where I start as long as I start....best wishes
 jazzlovervic
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Is life passing you by?
Posted: 3/31/2010 9:32:58 AM
I could certainly do that and have been told it might possibly be a best-seller. Of course it would have to include all of my adventurous and most interesting friends. I do believe it's all in enjoying the journey....
 Discerning Virtuosa
Msg: 41
Is life passing you by?
Posted: 3/31/2010 2:41:12 PM
I feel that love is passing me by, but life, no. My life has never been more interesting: I am truly living my dreams. But, obviously love is part of life, and I am missing out on that.

I feel the same way. Now that spring is in the air, I fear another summer full of fun things ahead and no one to do them with. I've been working on weight loss & making good progress, but I'm afraid that even when I reach my perfection that it doesn't guarantee the connection that I seek. After all throughout my 20s & 30s when I was slender men treated me worse.

I get tired of when I express that it would be nice to meet someone, friends or acquantances who either have been divorced several times, or happily married for years try to piss all over my dreams and desires. The whole "when you're not looking" statement is BS that insults me to the core, as if I'm some pathetic ugly woman that has to resort to chasing a man. Not in the least. They will never know how it feels to sleep alone, eat alone, do EVERYTHING alone every day. The divorcees had their chance at happily ever after and they blew it. How can they give me advice when I am the one who has waited patiently and didn't take the first opportunity to get hitched that came along? ..and most of all, I want sex EVERY night with someone besides myself. I don't care if the marrieds say it's a myth. They obviously don't know what redheads are all about.

I really think it's my turn and I am very ready. Why is it so difficult?
 *Wild at Heart*
Msg: 42
Is life passing you by?
Posted: 3/31/2010 3:01:52 PM
My first 51 yrs have been awesome, wouldn't change a thing, they have been exciting, full of adventure and so rewarding, sure there's been some down moments but the good times so outweigh the negatives, I am looking so forward to the next 50 years.

One of my favourite quotes sums up exactly how I feel.....

Life should not be a journey to get to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways with chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming" Woohoo what a ride!!!"
 thecatsmeoww
Msg: 43
Is life passing you by?
Posted: 4/1/2010 3:16:46 AM

Yes most definitely ! When I was younger I would sometimes take myself out on dates and i would have the most fun !! You would be surprised how many people would talk with you, but now it seems I have lost my courage!

Find interests groups that you enjoy and get yourself out there. I know Saturday night am attending a raw pot luck dinner here in Montreal at a loft.. Just made a batch of raw cookies last night and froze them and am looking forward to meeting like minded people both male and female.. Right now we stand at 39 people coming.. am sure that number will be higher by the end of today and again by the end of tomorrow.. Still have a few to reply yet.

thecatsmeoww
 Free-At-Last
Msg: 44
Is life passing you by?
Posted: 4/1/2010 3:44:30 PM

Saturday night am attending a raw pot luck dinner

RAW pot roast??? yuk

Just made a batch of raw cookies last night

RAW cookies???
Although I've been known to sometimes nibble at the uncooked cookie dough...I prefer my cookies baked in the oven!!
hmmmm...think I'll let dinner at your house pass me by (heehee)
 c_deacon
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Is life passing you by?
Posted: 4/1/2010 4:21:40 PM
I would prefer to bake your cookies as well!!.....

There are so many oven jokes in my head now, but will let them just slowly bake, one way or another........

OT........Life may have slowed down a tad bit, but pass me by???.......Never

cd.......
 Notdesper8atall
Msg: 46
Is life passing you by?
Posted: 4/1/2010 6:39:34 PM
"Our lives are at most...half over."

I prefer not to count the days but rather live them my own way. Counting up and /or down detracts from the living

"So far...I wonder how many of us could write a captivating novel about our life's journey and adventures? How many of us could say that so far we have lived each day to the fullest, and with a purpose?"

You know if I took the time to sit back and recount all the details of my life..both the sordid and glorious, it would take away from the time I have left to live my life ( after all its half over..lol). Friends and enemies will tell tales of my encounters with them when the mood strikes them so no need for me to write it all down..lol.

Instead I am sure I will continue to live my days, more than likely, making both along the way all of whom would most likely be happy to tell the tales of my life as they know it.
 Stumbled In
Msg: 47
Is life passing you by?
Posted: 4/5/2010 11:15:18 AM

is life passing you by?
It's not life that's passing me. I've put enough of it behind me to feel like I have a comfortable lead at this point. :-) Granted, it ain't over 'till it's over.
I was lucky enough to get a head start out of the gate and I sprinted hard in my younger years. But eventually my priorities changed and I shifted into cruising mode for the long haul. I like this phase better. It's not so much about see everything/do everything. It's more about living in the now and enjoying it. I still enjoy many of the activities I always have, like road trips for instance. But it turns out you really CAN see more along the way if you just take the time to slow down and look.
 kailania
Msg: 48
Is life passing you by?
Posted: 4/9/2010 12:41:08 PM

It's all in the mind. It's all in perception.
You may see the man sitting on the bench watching the birds day after day.. and think, 'he sure isn't living much of real life'.
And he sees you rush on by.. and is thinking, 'she sure isn't living much of real life'.

i like what breath^^^^^^ wrote

as for my life..
i could write a book...
and most would not believe most of it really happened.
 Brownlady1953
Msg: 49
Is life passing you by?
Posted: 4/9/2010 1:06:27 PM
In some respects, yes.....
 thecatsmeoww
Msg: 50
Is life passing you by?
Posted: 4/9/2010 1:42:33 PM

I would prefer to bake your cookies as well!!.....

Let me assure you that you would want these cookies raw.. It is not at all like eating raw cookie dough most people think they are eating macaroons.. ha ha

Cookoo for those coconuts.. YUM

thecatsmeoww
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Is life passing you by?