Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Is life passing you by?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Stumbled In
Msg: 47
Is life passing you by?Page 3 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)

is life passing you by?
It's not life that's passing me. I've put enough of it behind me to feel like I have a comfortable lead at this point. :-) Granted, it ain't over 'till it's over.
I was lucky enough to get a head start out of the gate and I sprinted hard in my younger years. But eventually my priorities changed and I shifted into cruising mode for the long haul. I like this phase better. It's not so much about see everything/do everything. It's more about living in the now and enjoying it. I still enjoy many of the activities I always have, like road trips for instance. But it turns out you really CAN see more along the way if you just take the time to slow down and look.
 kailania
Msg: 48
Is life passing you by?
Posted: 4/9/2010 12:41:08 PM

It's all in the mind. It's all in perception.
You may see the man sitting on the bench watching the birds day after day.. and think, 'he sure isn't living much of real life'.
And he sees you rush on by.. and is thinking, 'she sure isn't living much of real life'.

i like what breath^^^^^^ wrote

as for my life..
i could write a book...
and most would not believe most of it really happened.
 Brownlady1953
Msg: 49
Is life passing you by?
Posted: 4/9/2010 1:06:27 PM
In some respects, yes.....
 thecatsmeoww
Msg: 50
Is life passing you by?
Posted: 4/9/2010 1:42:33 PM

I would prefer to bake your cookies as well!!.....

Let me assure you that you would want these cookies raw.. It is not at all like eating raw cookie dough most people think they are eating macaroons.. ha ha

Cookoo for those coconuts.. YUM

thecatsmeoww
 *Rock*
Msg: 51
Is life passing you by?
Posted: 4/9/2010 2:46:21 PM
Its been one hell of a ride so far, there has been moments that i've shaken my head over the outcome of a few incidents, but if there is no drama in life, it would be very boring. I could easily write a book too that other posters have mentioned, but i still have many chapters in my life yet to go, so it won't be anytime soon. Just in the past year alone my life has kicked it up another notch, going to school in sept. of this year, plans underway for a variety of other things, i take life as it is, but sometimes you get rewards out of life for what you put into it....
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 52
Is life passing you by?
Posted: 4/9/2010 6:38:07 PM
^^^^^...I agree. When I was a kid the summers seemed to go on and on. One year I even found myself looking forward to school starting. Luckily, it only happened that one time (lol)

Wish I had one of those remote controls like Adam Sandler had in the movie "Click"

...mae
 moraima
Msg: 53
view profile
History
Is life passing you by?
Posted: 4/9/2010 8:39:53 PM
Life wouldn't dare pass me by. I would have to beat it into submission. I didn't spend a lifetime working with/learning the sociology of aggressive breed dog for nothing...............
 AintNoDeal
Msg: 54
Is life passing you by?
Posted: 4/9/2010 9:14:41 PM
My book was published over 25 years ago. It was fun. I moved on. My life has pretty much always been fun -- even when I get down for a month I pop back up pretty quickly.

I don't think everyone needs to write a crazy novel. It's okay if you life is just eating and pooping every day the same thing for 100 years. If you enjoy that, more power to ya!

I like to listen to how people chase their dreams, cope with problems and overcome them. I'm bored by tales of people born with a silver spoon in their mouths.
 moraima
Msg: 55
view profile
History
Is life passing you by?
Posted: 4/9/2010 9:29:42 PM
"I like to listen to how people chase their dreams"

The theory of "Chasing dreams" bores me. I evolved turning what I wanted into realilty. Fortunately, I don't wanted to be more than I could create. Works for me, each and every year.
 *topchef*
Msg: 56
Is life passing you by?
Posted: 4/9/2010 9:34:18 PM
The first 40+ or so years of my life look completely different from the last 10. The beginning was more about living an experience, grabbing at opportunities and living and loving like there was no tomorrow., aquiring, challenging, questioning.

These last 10 or so years are more about personal growth, understanding the human condition, maintaining my personal awareness, living with love, as opposed to fear, creating an environment for growth for all I encounter, and living with a sense of purpose. Today I am in the world, not of the world. I am new, reborn, and alive.
 DragNFlyBuzzez
Msg: 57
view profile
History
Is life passing you by?
Posted: 4/10/2010 12:41:31 PM
I have been stuck in neutral for 5 yrs until I pulled the trigger on my divorce, 2 plus yrs and divorce is not final yet, (heavy sigh) judge assured me it will end by november 2010.

just found out a couple days ago that my quaily of life is now a time bomb.
As soon as I figure out how I'm going to deal with mortality, I will set this ship on a positive course and live each day like it is my last one.
Time to hit a bucket of balls.

Great thread lady!!!!!!
 justxyz
Msg: 58
Is life passing you by?
Posted: 4/11/2010 1:47:33 AM
In the days of days, i jumped out of airplanes, played college football, jumped trains, bungy jumped, and numerous other thrill seeking , heart pound things for just the hell of it. I am 47 and think back on my life what a ride and still more to go. I may not be as dangerous as I used to be but still I grab life and run with it.
 Cat*Eyes
Msg: 59
view profile
History
Is life passing you by?
Posted: 4/13/2010 11:16:44 PM
Life is passing me by, life is ignoring me and not including me. I am like a cat in heat right now. I have no man, but I definely want a man. I don't want or enjoyed meaningless sex encounters. Read my profile for what I want. My last and most real relationship ended May 2005.
 c_deacon
Msg: 60
view profile
History
Is life passing you by?
Posted: 4/14/2010 10:13:38 AM
Time for you to take stock of yourself and your desires and move to where you WILL be happy and help life pass with you in charge!!....

Why complain about others when they have little to nothing to do with you and what you want for yourself? It is not their fault that they enjoy small town, small kids, small things, and small results.......that is what drives them.

By the way, as part native, I would not use the term "squaw" as you have because for many natives, that derogatory word has a much more insulting meaning that many do not understand. Maybe you should just use terms for how old time Caucasians used in Europe used for their women instead.

OT.....Life only passes you by if you let it, and I for one am enjoying the ride, even if it seems to be going faster than I want it to......

cd.........
 moraima
Msg: 61
view profile
History
Is life passing you by?
Posted: 4/14/2010 12:13:22 PM
A decade and a half ago, after being widowed, I thought that I could sit around waiting for someone to do all the things I wanted to do, and that person might never arrive, or I could go do everything I have ever wanted to do. Best decision I ever made in my life was to carry on with my life, and all the adventures I wanted to have.

If I had let life pass me by, I would have wasted the last 15 years.

Thank God I dared to be single and have an amazing (to me) lifestyle.
 rustygetsit
Msg: 62
Is life passing you by?
Posted: 4/20/2010 6:03:12 AM
Free-At-Last - Ironically, I am in the middle of writing that book, hoping to have it finished in a month. Writing has become my therapy, but actually putting my life into words makes you see things so very differently.

My life has changed drastically in the last two years, and I had to give up both of my jobs to take care of my mother and another older relative. Men have shunned me because of this - calling them "baggage" ... or worse ...

For the most part, I try to feel good about myself, and hope there is something out there that will define my life ... and I try to believe there is someone out there for me, as well.

I also refuse to live an unlived life, but there are more times than not that I feel there is no longer any room in my life for me ... What I need is an outlet of sorts, and that's what I'm working on now. Good luck, everyone.
 flowerforce
Msg: 63
Is life passing you by?
Posted: 4/21/2010 11:15:36 AM
Can I write a captivating book about my life so far? No. Nor would I be interested in doing so. Do I think life is passing me by? No. I also would not want to do "crazy, dangerous things." That does not mean I have not lived life to the fullest. I will also continue to live my life to the fullest as much as I can until I die. I love life and all that it offers - The good the bad and the ugly. I have no regrets about my life. I have done anything I have wanted to do and accomplished much. I am content with how I am living my life. if that changes I will do something to alter my life.
 xlr8ingmargo
Msg: 64
Is life passing you by?
Posted: 4/21/2010 4:01:34 PM
Life is what we make it~ it can never pass me by cause Im a tirgress that goes with the flow!
 iamkirk
Msg: 65
Is life passing you by?
Posted: 4/24/2010 12:12:01 PM
To many folks to include myself at times just let life pass you by. We become hermits never leaving our local surroundings when there is an entire planet to see and experience. Sometimes its good to put it all behind you, travel to places you've never been all around the planet and simply live life. Why go watch the flow of a muddy creek when you can see the blue waters of a tropical island for not alot of money? I'm leaving the country next weekend for a couple weeks and cant wait to unplug from the American way of life.
 lateā„¢
Msg: 66
Is life passing you by?
Posted: 4/24/2010 7:54:23 PM
I've decided that to pass on this metaphor and go with, "Life is passing me beer"

Thank you life.
 xlr8ingmargo
Msg: 67
Is life passing you by?
Posted: 4/25/2010 2:02:50 AM
I think in the process of getting "old" as my kids would say I've learned a few things.
- It's OK not to be the life of the party , but enjoy the life in it.
- Slowing down and using my brain doesnt mean Im boring, but tired of my own stupidity and now make smarter choices.
- The ride is still in getting there, and it doesnt matter where anymore.

So yes I agree, thank you life for never passing me by the good, bad, and ugly.
 DrummingNut
Msg: 69
Is life passing you by?
Posted: 4/30/2010 11:23:38 AM
^^ I agree.
I enjoy the moments of "doing nothing" too, because they really aren't doing nothing moments as long as you have a mind.
Sometimes those times/days are even more satisfying/enjoyable than the days of running around doing a lot!
 Secondhand_Lion
Msg: 70
view profile
History
Is life passing you by?
Posted: 5/10/2010 1:39:47 AM
O.P. I glad you feel that you could write a book about your exciting life.....The question is, If you have nothing better to do than write to strangers on POF......I doubt anyone would want to read your book.
 Worbug
Msg: 71
view profile
History
Is life passing you by?
Posted: 5/10/2010 5:55:44 AM
I could definitely write a book, as long as my mother don't read it. LOL
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Is life passing you by?