Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 mrnova66
Msg: 9
Drunk loud parties when I am trying to sleepPage 2 of 2    (1, 2)
^^^^^When i stated Country..I mean COUNTRY...Nearest neighbor 5 miles away...COUNTRY!!!!!!^^^^^^^As for getting up early...Well i do...4:30 a.m.......I know what a hard days work is...Unlike some people.......The place i have in mind there will be no trespassers on my property...There will be pease and quiet...SHALL I GO ON!!!!!
 FL CO
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Drunk loud parties when I am trying to sleep
Posted: 3/28/2010 1:41:27 PM
Ok. Most people aren't referring to that rural when they mention country. It seems that to a lot of people country is more than a few minute drive to the nearest store, and lots over 1/2 acre are concidered to be big
 barbee1970
Msg: 11
Posted: 3/28/2010 1:47:00 PM
I would say call the non-emergency. The only thing is they say we can be anonymous but the cops spill the beans and someone always has to leak out info.

For the barking dogs I thought I saw this website called something like stopmyneighborsbarkingdog.com it something along those lines I saw in the local paper.

Police don't like to deal with nuisance barking really and this website somehow sends an anonymous message to neighbors, maybe the police. People don't realize they can get fined for that as well as not picking up poop
 mrnova66
Msg: 12
Posted: 3/28/2010 1:59:38 PM
I agree with you Fl co..Most people really do not know what country is....I am hoping before the SHTF/depression gets here that i will be in that situation....I hope to be self contained...You cannot do that with people...When TSHTF/Depression comes it will be total hell living around people...
 m14shooter
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 3/29/2010 12:39:21 AM
I don't put up with it. I call the cops and they come. My neighbors don't take crap either so one way or another they get quiet. You can always say you though you heard gunfire and they get there really quick.
 Sweet_Le_Senza
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 3/30/2010 4:23:46 PM

I called once to ask what the time cut off for noise was in my city and was told "Any time you feel there is a noise disturbance you can call in."

So if there is construction going on that is a noise disturbance what do you do? Call the city?
 Sweet_Le_Senza
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 3/30/2010 4:26:33 PM
Here is an example of Ottawa's by-law

What does the by-law say?
The following would be considered violations under the by-law:
Ringing a bell, blowing a horn or shouting in a manner that disturbs others. (with some exemptions such as for places of worship)
Running equipment such as air conditioners, heat pumps, compressors, exhaust systems, and similar devices with noise exceeding 50 decibels when measured at the point of reception.
Operating construction vehicles or equipment between 10 p.m. and 7 a.m. (9 a.m. on Sunday and statutory holidays).
Deliveries from a motor vehicle between 11 p.m. and 7 a.m. causing disruptive noise.
Vehicle noise including idling in excess of five minutes (with some exemptions), revving engines, squealing tires or lack of mufflers.
Power equipment such as chainsaws, lawn mowers, leaf blowers, tools and similar devices between 9 p.m. and 7 a.m. (9 a.m. on Saturdays, Sundays and statutory holidays).
Operating refuse compacting equipment or solid waste bulk lift equipment between 11 p.m. and 7 a.m. (9 a.m. on a Sundays or statutory holidays) that disturbs others.
Operating musical instruments, radios, TVs, stereos and similar devices between 11 p.m. and 7 a.m. (9 a.m. on Saturday; 12 noon on Sunday and statutory holidays), that disturbs others.

http://www.ottawa.ca/residents/bylaw/common/noise_en.html

krystalismylove
Msg: 18
the place to practise your own band
Posted: 7/4/2010 11:01:04 AM
they should move to simcoe county. with neighbors 50 metres away, you can still get away with loud music provided you point the speakers towards the rear of your property.

shelburne / flesherton is the hidden secret to cheap land close to toronto. you could get a 100 acres for less than 200 k

I have only called cops when a kid (15) rang the doorbell asking us to call 911 for a little scuffle outside. I didn't know if we should as no-one was hurt and it was just the drunken fools but we did, and we had a good laugh as they all got carted off for 600 community hours just for a little bravado and a pushing match. not one punch thrown, lol

The cops said it's fine to call 911 anytime you hear raised voices or suspect underagers being drunk in public
 Rythmn
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 7/4/2010 12:58:26 PM
here there are noise ordinances past ten. we live on a privately maintained road. however, it is publicly owned. just had some moron run over the plants in my driveway, as they come from all over to park here for the parade and festivities. i had forgotten to park my car in the middle, so nobody unknown could use my second spot.

with respect to noise, we all notify each other if we are having a party. sometimes, however, houses are rented out to students. in that case, if they are noisy or drunk and interfering with the wildlife ( or my sleep in the middle of the night), i have no problems calling the police. but, usually, a neighbor has beaten me to it. we figure if we (the homeowners who live here) have to maintain this road, we are entitled to some respect and we also are the caretakers of our creek and the critter inhabitants!

as for the 4th of july noise (today as i post) , i have to medicate my dog and am very worried about the outdoor critters. i will probably be up late, keeping an eye on the ones who pass through my yard. lots of baby mallards as well. the fireworks are visually pretty on the beach, although also illegal. but, the noise and the garbage left behind are an insult to the environment. w/o park funds now cut, i am going to go in the morning and see if help is needed for beach cleanup!
 krystalismylove
Msg: 20
vigilante justice or leave it to karma
Posted: 7/4/2010 3:52:14 PM
that was an amusing post, I wonder how you handle road rage? I've had people cut me off while driving because I was hogging the "express lane" on a sidestreet. I rolled down my windows at the light and yelled "you got 2 lanes, you don't need to cut me off"

it was weekend driving very light traffic no need to almost hit someone

then they gave me the speech about the posted limit is 70 and I was doing 57 which is only natural as I'm cheap and accelerate like a transport truck.

I yelled "do you get your jollies by cutting people off?" and then the light changed.

My point is that you never know who you're annoying and I used to be the punk that'd cut people off for fun too. Then I had a Honda S2000 take offense and follow me home. I kept driving trying to lose him and ended up parking at a convenience store ready for a fight.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >