Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > No sex before marriage      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 NightHawk2005
Msg: 86
No sex before marriagePage 4 of 13    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13)
I'm aware that it severely limits my dating pool, but I don't care. My relationship with God and the ability to like the person I am mean much more to me than sex ever could. I will not have sex with any woman I'm not married to. It's just that simple.
 innerbeauty_GC
Msg: 87
No sex before marriage
Posted: 10/24/2009 8:48:48 PM
I believe it is a good idea to wait until marriage - just be careful you don't marry because your waiting :P
 chrisofpa
Msg: 88
No sex before marriage
Posted: 10/24/2009 9:30:32 PM
I just finished watching a classic Polish movie "With Fire and Sword". One of the characters Sir Longius, took a vow of chastity until he would take three heads with one stroke of his oversized Tuetonic broadsword. He finally manages it during a siege. Afterwords the Husaria and other nobles congratulate him. He ends up dying the next day without being able to capitalize on his fulfulled vow..

Moral - Don't wait.

Seriously though, waiting might work for some people and it won't work for others.
 sglwhtmale
Msg: 89
No sex before marriage
Posted: 10/25/2009 4:15:18 PM
Oh was that suppose to be no sex before marriage,I thought it was no tupperware!
 1jamez
Msg: 90
No sex before marriage
Posted: 10/25/2009 8:30:24 PM
would you buy a car without driving it?
 haildestroyer
Msg: 91
No sex before marriage
Posted: 10/25/2009 11:35:11 PM
woops already messed this one up.

and if you are religious and following this one do you follow all of the rules of the new testament or just the ones you like?
 kpooks
Msg: 92
view profile
History
No sex before marriage
Posted: 10/26/2009 9:41:20 AM
No sex before marriage pretty much means no sex AFTER marriage in my opinion. Sex is all part of compatibility and getting to know each other.

The Bible thumpers will disagree. They will say that there is absolute sexual purity when you wait until the nuptials to partake of the carnal pleasures, and they would be right. Plus any kiddies conceived will be conceived once in wedlock, which legitimitizes the children on their birth certificates and in the eyes of God. But I think it's absolutely essential to be completely intimate with one another before you take the plunge and make those lifelong vows. Judging from the posts in here, many a marriage is in trouble in paradise based on no or insufficient sex after marriage, whether they waited or not.

It's all about happiness. You want to feel completely happy with and in each other, no-?

Maybe there's a middle ground, like dry-humping with clothes on-! At least then you know how freaky or unfreaky you both are without actually penetrating the uglies.
 HappyHeart777
Msg: 93
No sex before marriage
Posted: 10/26/2009 11:49:55 AM
I think it is good for young people to be getting back to the way it was meant to be. That gives me hope for society and values for the better in the future. In my personal case I don't think I could wait until marriage. That may or may not ever happen and I do hope to have sex again one day. I miss having a partner. Doing it by yourself does not have the benifits of another live person. I believe sex is the easist part of a relationship. Especially if you love eachother. It is the adults playground.
 NightHawk2005
Msg: 94
No sex before marriage
Posted: 10/26/2009 5:55:04 PM

And if one plans to never marry, what then celibacy?

In short, yes. That's an excellent summary.
 Czech Roma
Msg: 95
No sex before marriage
Posted: 10/26/2009 10:37:19 PM
I was raised strict Catholic and my parents were strict about guys. I honestly thought I was going to wait to have sex until I got married. At age 19 things began to change for me. I think sex until marriage is a good idea because you know the guy wants you for you and not for sex. Also, no babies can happen. Most important the less sex partners you have the less likely of contracting an STD.
 boinkboinkboink
Msg: 96
No sex before marriage
Posted: 11/2/2009 4:54:46 PM

" ... the uglies "

Jeesh! Speak for yourself.
 808syndicate
Msg: 97
No sex before marriage
Posted: 11/4/2009 7:13:36 PM
I disagree...seriously you gotta be on drugs to put sex on hold until you get married.

I mean life is short, why limit yourself?
 sugania
Msg: 98
No sex before marriage
Posted: 11/4/2009 7:26:18 PM
Follow your heart but be aware that the person that you might fall in love with might not have practiced celibacy like you...personnally i would like to know that the person i choose to end up with will be compatible with me sexually...
 ForeverLong
Msg: 99
view profile
History
No sex before marriage
Posted: 11/4/2009 7:28:19 PM
Too late for that. It isn't happening here. Just don't complain if you find out you are not sexually compatible.....too late, too bad.
 JRS1001
Msg: 100
No sex before marriage
Posted: 12/21/2009 6:54:50 PM
Yeah lets sleep with multi partners and get some disease. Then I'll definetely never find the right person b/c who is gonna wanna be with someone who is gonna die or has puss coming out their pecker. You are meant to be with only one person. If you trust God that you will find her then you will. It is worth waiting for. Why do you want to be with anyone except for the person your gonna spend your life with. I have made the mistake of having sex before marriage and it ruined my life. I'm not gonna get into that, but it did. So have fun ruining yours.
 JRS1001
Msg: 101
No sex before marriage
Posted: 12/21/2009 7:04:13 PM
Thats why they used to say one nation under God. This nation was founded on Christian Morals and principles. Marriage is a Gov't sanctioned union. But thats just for tax and other purposes. Marrige is the joining of two souls under God. God meant us to spent our lives with one person. And I don't wanna hear anything about Solomon having 700 wives. Who said God told him to. And if God did tell some to let it be that way back in those times, God had his purpose. And it was mostly for procreation purposes I'm guessing. But who knows. Sex ruined my life. I beg others not to fall into the Devils trap. God says sex is to be a part of the relationship. Satan says sex is the relationship. Everybody wants instant gratification. Thats why I pray for everybody. God bless
 namrael
Msg: 102
No sex before marriage
Posted: 12/21/2009 7:15:41 PM

Why do you want to be with anyone except for the person your gonna spend your life with.

Because you enjoy sharing that intimacy with a partner? Because it's a great way to really get to know someone you care a lot about and are having a serious relationship with? Because you can have great experiences with someone even if you aren't necessarily going to spend the rest of your life with that person?

I have made the mistake of having sex before marriage and it ruined my life. I'm not gonna get into that, but it did. So have fun ruining yours.

I've had a lot of premarital sex, and it has definitively not ruined my life. In fact, I've had some immensely enjoayble experiences with some truly wonderful men. The fact that we had some long-term incompatibilities that made us unsuitable for marriage partners does not indicate in any way that it wasn't worth sharing myself intimately with them. I wouldn't trade those experiences for anything, and they've also helped me to learn who I am and what I want sexually. That's incredibly valuable.

I'm not advocating that people have sex before they're comfortable, but premarital sex can be incredibly valuable for those of us who engage in it. To say that it's likely to ruin someone's life is an exaggeration at best, in the vast, vast majority of cases.
 JRS1001
Msg: 103
No sex before marriage
Posted: 12/21/2009 7:15:56 PM
Listen to you. Freaky and unfreaky. Thats the whole thing. Everyone these days base sex on the pleasure part of it and not the love part of it. If people would base it on the love they feel for that person, then the pleasure would be a million times better. When you feel the sex in your heart rather than your privates, it is amazing. I had sex with the one I loved more than anything and it screwed up our relationship. It was different than any sex I had ever had before b/c of the love I felt for her. And it was the same for her. But b/c we couldnt wait to have that till we were married now we will have to live without it forever. So I beg others not to listen to people who are coming up with reasons why God isn't right about sex and that we should explore. Explore for the person that you can't picture living your life without and I promise you when you do have sex, if your love for each other is strong and from God, then it will be the greatest experience you have ever had. God bless.
 namrael
Msg: 104
No sex before marriage
Posted: 12/21/2009 7:21:50 PM

This nation was founded on Christian Morals and principles.

Actually, this nation was founded by deists.

God meant us to spent our lives with one person. And I don't wanna hear anything about Solomon having 700 wives. Who said God told him to. And if God did tell some to let it be that way back in those times, God had his purpose. And it was mostly for procreation purposes I'm guessing. But who knows.

Wait, so we're supposed to be with one person except when we're not? There are an awful lot of exceptions to that in the Bible. Not to mention Lot and his daughters--does that make premarital incest okay?

I'm not just going for "instant gratification" with sex--it's an incredibly valuable way to bond with a partner. I can't imagine being with someone with whom I felt I couldn't share myself that way. No (more) premarital sex may work for you, but it certainly doesn't work for us all.

Listen to you. Freaky and unfreaky. Thats the whole thing. Everyone these days base sex on the pleasure part of it and not the love part of it.

How can you possibly know why I have sex, or what I feel when I do?

I had sex with the one I loved more than anything and it screwed up our relationship. It was different than any sex I had ever had before b/c of the love I felt for her. And it was the same for her. But b/c we couldnt wait to have that till we were married now we will have to live without it forever.

I'm sorry it went so poorly for you, but that's your and your SO's reaction to premarital sex. For me, it's only strengthened my relationships. The outcomes of your choices are not necessarily the outcomes the rest of us will or have had.
 JRS1001
Msg: 105
No sex before marriage
Posted: 12/21/2009 7:33:22 PM
I never said it would ruin anyones life who did it. I said that it ruined mine. Therefore saying it is a possibility it could happen to you. Not a probability. But I think if you have sex with multipule partners like that it will eventually catch up with you. Doesn't mean there aren't people who get away with it. I'm sure selling drugs has benefitted a lot of people too and they have gotten away with it their whole lives. Does that make it ok and worth the risk. No it doesnt. It is something that can eventually catch up to you and ruin your life b/c you are in prison. And when I say ruin your life I mean make a lot of it very miserable. We all have eternal life and the only way you can truly ruin your life is by not accepting Christ.
 JRS1001
Msg: 106
No sex before marriage
Posted: 12/21/2009 7:51:37 PM
Ok you are taking things I say way to literal. You should know what I mean when I say everyone. Its just a way to say something. If I really meant every person on the planet I would be talking about myself to. And I never said the outcomes of my choices are the same outcomes everyone else is gonna have. Man you're putting words in my mouth. I told my outcome as a testimony. Its no different than when a person speaking about not doing drugs shares their experience with it. They aren't saying the sames things are gonna happen to everyone. They are saying something bad can happen. Not this nparticular bad thing is gonna happen to you to. And just b/c Lot's daughters got him drunk and basically raped him b/c they thought they were the only humans left doesn't mean God wanted them to do that. They weren't the only ones left so why would God want them to do that. And I doubt God would approve of getting someone drunk and then having sex with them without them knowing. Or have you even read it and know they did that. I will pray for you. I'm not judging you b/c you hae sex before marriage. Thats between you and God. I'm saying the bad things that can happen and what God meant sex to be. But I never said that your life will definetely be ruined or that you would go to hell or anything like that.nYou can sit their and think premarital sex is working for you all you want. Drug dealers and killers and any person who is sinning is gonna sit their and think that it is working for them. I hate you have these view points on sex. I wish you the best and I will definetely pray for you. Oh and I don't get what you said about so we are supposed to be with one person except for when we're not. I never said that either. I know what you are saying, but I said when I mentioned Solomon and his wives that who ever said that God wanted him to do that. And even if He did, He is God and his ways are perfect. We don't understand all His motives, but we are not supposed to. We are supposed to have faith.
 Chitownguy40
Msg: 107
No sex before marriage
Posted: 12/22/2009 12:36:04 AM
No, I think it is a terrible idea. A total dealbreaker. There's just no good reason for it other than religion, and religion is a dumb reason.
 RobertT86
Msg: 108
No sex before marriage
Posted: 12/22/2009 4:29:23 AM
You forgot beating our beliefs into those who surrender.

Well, I'm not religious. I find religion and bits of our constitution to be hypocritical.

All men created equal... Then explain slavery and scientific oppression.

Though shall not kill... Explain the wars fought over who's god is a bigger****

Thou shall not covet thy neighbors goods...Ha! This drive a capitalist society.

Freedom of speech...Explain the FCC and why we have "bad" words. Also, racist words and hate words.

I could go on and on.
 namrael
Msg: 109
No sex before marriage
Posted: 12/22/2009 9:08:24 AM
The internet is not a perfect medium. All I can do is take your words at face value.

I'm saying the bad things that can happen and what God meant sex to be.

Bad things can happen from all sorts of things. Everything involves risk--it's part of being alive. You minimize the risks to the point you can and accept that they're inherent in some experiences that are worth having. I can't fathom how sex would destroy someone's life short of an unwanted pregnancy or STD (and I'll point out that rape is more about power than sex, so I class that as an entirely different thing).

As to God: I can't believe in a God who wouldn't want me to experience the intimate pleasures of sharing my body with someone I love. I have my own relationship with the divine, and sexual intimacy can certainly be a divine experience. No one else has the right to dictate to me what they think God requires of me, and I do remember something to the effect of "Judge not, lest ye be judged."

You can sit their and think premarital sex is working for you all you want. Drug dealers and killers and any person who is sinning is gonna sit their and think that it is working for them.

Yes, and drugs cause physical dependency, are illegal, and destroy lives. Sex has the capacity to hurt if done in a careless way, but so long as everyone involved is careful and aware of the risks, that's hardly an apt comparison. Sex with someone I care about isn't a sin, no matter what you think of it.

I hate you have these view points on sex.

You know what? You're allowed, but they're my view points. I'm not so fond of yours either, and they certainly wouldn't work for me, but you're allowed them.
 LuvTravl
Msg: 110
view profile
History
No sex before marriage
Posted: 12/22/2009 9:38:24 AM
When I was young, my mother took me aside for "the talk." I think it was different from all my friends. My mom made me promise never to marry a man with whom I had NOT had sex first. Makes me wonder to this day how things were between my mom and dad...sexually. Sad.

I've recently turned 50 years old and have yet to marry. I am very thankful for my mother's advice.
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > No sex before marriage